/tekgen/ - Tekken General

High IQ edition
Previous general: = NEWS =
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lNbb881cdHg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like the format of that list even though it's stupid

Whats the guy in a suit supposed to mean?

Does anyone here play on PS4 or did everyone migrate to PC?

>tfw when you’re not on the “iq” list because they don’t know where to put you because you can play as all those styles
Nice

Dishonest.

The tools axis should be turned upside down. Having lots of tools can tend towards dishonesty or high IQ, whereas few tools can tend towards gorilla play or honesty.

There simply shouldnt be anything in the middle so a character is judged by all categories instead of like only 2 or 3

I still play on ps4 occasionally but the internet is absolute shit. It's okay-ish if I can sit downstairs but my family always wants to watch tv.

Yeah what the fuck are the Swiss Army knives are suppose to represent? If it’s moves then there is no way Kazumi should be next to Nina.

Same deal here. I’m not going to play on wifi, so I don’t get to play as often as I’d like.

They signify tools, not moves.
So even though Kazumi has less moves than Steve, he's more limited than she is because he's specialized

It should be a three dimensional image.

Tools for every situation

Pc wifi still gives me better connection than PS4 on cable which is kinda pathetic.

>PS4
I too, fell for the “TORNAMENT STANDARD” meme at launch but all I got was online not working and when it did it was against niggers using their WiFi instead of wired connection. I switched to Pc and things have been fine ever since.

That’s pretty good.

hwo's b1 is so broken

Circular placement is related to the outer symbols, and distance from the center is related to the trashcan which I suppose is low tier? Am I understanding this correctly?

>posting this trash list which is based on the awful in-game movelist that is missing plenty of moves

Eddy is fucking fun and all Eddy mains should just train with me

Get your fucking BR internet out of my fucking face

>infinite df2 range robot of ff1
>honest
jack players are the worst

nigga just punish it

Spacing is integral to tekken, no gimmicks there

any stick players that struggle or used to struggle with doing iWR on 2p side while you can do it pretty well on 1p side? This shit makes no sense.

Yeah I do and it makes sense, pushing the hand forward is easier than moving the stick with the thumb backwards. There's no trick that I know, I'm just slower on 2p

I solved it by getting a hitbox

I like playing on stick though, it feels natural somehow (compared to pad at least, it just fucking killed my left thumb).
Besides, I've got a buddy that's a complete weeb and goes to japan atleast once a year, and I wanna go with him sometime to play in the arcades.

I'll just have to keep practicing then, thanks.

Sergei is super cool

My nigger

>posting this trash list which is based on the awful in-game movelist that is missing plenty of moves
>List is based on the in game move list
>ITS MISSING THE HIDDEN MOVES WHICH IS NOT ON THE IN GAME MOVE LIST
At least try to use your brain man.

what

only two and a half weeks and I can drop this game forever
so close

what did he mean by this

I'm sorry user. Is it cancer?

How so?

no, it's salvation

Yoshimitsu in Yoman? Why does it say he has few tools then?

Lee's most important move is df1 and it's not in the in-game movelist

He can't keep up pressure because he lacks 50/50 or plus on block moves. He has to play keepout

That’s the point. The list is based on the in game move list, so it doesn’t have the moves that is not listed on the in game move list.

And is therefore garbage, yes.

>
>That’s the point. The list is based on the in game move list, so it doesn’t have the moves that is not listed on the in game move list.

LILI OR ALISA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
lili's french accent makes me rock hard, and her moves are fucking dumb and fun to use
on the other hand alisa appeals to my 2d instinct or defensive play, and IKIMAAAAAASU

How do top tier Yoshi's play then? I watched a few Eyemusician games but his playstyle is unsafe and flashy.

What are you trying to say mate

You don't actually play the game and you won't play DBFZ either. You're going to watch streams and shit post like the rest of /fgg/.

Lili has to take risks to make the pick worth it. Go for Alisa man.

Fucking around in ranked =/= playing seriously

Watch some Yoshis in tournaments or even deathmatches, they stay away and get close for some quick pokes. When they get a punish they go for a mixup and when they get a knockdown they do their oki thing

Yes, I never stated that the list was good, I was using it because I though the picture in the OP was saying that Kazumi had the same amount of moves as Nina. Just read the thread.

That's how most of them play. Unsafe and flashy. I didn't like keepout yoshi and my brain isn't fast enough to think of 5 mixups per second so I dropped yoshi.

He's quoting this illiterate guy

> I though the picture in the OP was saying that Kazumi had the same amount of moves as Nina. Just read the thread.

I read the thread and you wrote this to my post here which I still have no idea what it means

Alisa looks stupid and sounds annoying as fuck
Pick Lili

>dbfz
nice try but no

Okay. The list I posted is based on the in game move list
The in game move list dose not have some moves
So therefore a list based on the in game moves will not have moves that is not on the in game move list.
You understand now? They can’t copy something that isn’t there.

>So therefore a list based on the in game moves will not have moves that is not on the in game move list.
Nobody ever said the contrary though. Just one guy said that the list you posted is garbage

Best case scenario you need sleep, worst case you're really fucking dumb

I play Monster Hunter too, and I'm going to play that AND Tekken because they are completely different genres and I'm not a child who can only play one game in an entire week. The rest of my post still applies, you don't actually play this game you just pretend you do.

quit projecting you angry baby
tekken is pretty much dead online anyway. trying to find games in orange is like searching for needles in a haystack

So what I'm basically asking is, how far will I get with good knowledge of fundamentals and a party hard Yoshi style of play?

>quit projecting
>tekken is dead anyways

uh

Party hard doesn't mean mashing shit hoping it works. Those Yoshimitsu players who do all that crazy shit know exactly what they're doing and the risks they're taking.

Start by playing standard. Punish blocks and whiffs ( Yoshimitsu has really good punishes for both ), poke with df1, jabs, and d,df4. Learn your hopknee and df2 combos.

I just played Asuka's character fight. I really want to hatefuck Lili.

>So therefore a list based on the in game moves will not have moves that is not on the in game move list.

can anyone decrypt this for me

I think what he's trying to say is that it's a list that ranks the movelist length so it delivers on what it promises, it's not intended to include all the moves.

Pretty far, you can just win with fundamentals, my problem is that other characters offered me more. You can party hard but your partying has to be calculated or else you'd just kill yourself (litteraly). Also yoshi thrives on specific matchup knowledge so he can flash and b3/b4 in specific situations, which kinda scared me off as I'm not familliar with the game at all yet.

Whats a character that let's me do gimmicks at high level?

depends on what you mean by gimmick but if it's setups and mixups and sit then ling

the yo man

Posting this here because it's just going to sit on my PC otherwise.

The chocolate ninja

This image is cursed

That list is so retarded and yet I find myself agreeing with it

If Im understanding this correctly then Katarina needs to be inside the trash can

Will post results if I get far

Yoshimitsu's entire shtick is setting up gimmicks.
Law can get away with stupid flip stuff when used correctly.

oki isnt gimmicks

Save it and good spacing and movement will come to you.

Yeah but yoshi can use some unorthodox, unsafe stuff and get away with it (not more than once or twice though, that's the challenging part)

That sounds like something someone trying to pass on their curse would say

>promises being shit
>delivers

hurray?

fuck 2d characters

w2find hidden moves and shit
I know Bryan's taunt changes some string properties for example

I'd fuck Eliza tbqh
Maybe geese as well depending on how much drink is in me.
Akuma is off limits though.

If only "secret" gimmicky moves were hidden then that would be fine. But the movelist is just trash because it doesn't list some moves properly and hides certain transitions.

Let's take Raven for example. The movelist says one of her moves is f3,2.
It's not wrong, but that's not everything it should say. It should also list f3 as its own move and also f+3,b as that transitions into her backturned.

Lots of moves are listed as entire strings where each part of the string has different properties. It's a huge mess

Bringing "2D" tropes to a 3D environment is a cool idea but not necessarily in Tekken. But maybe this is all just some kind of experimentation for Tekken x Street Fighter....

He converted, bois youtube.com/watch?v=lNbb881cdHg

>Lee player
>followed by a Bob player
great, 2 fucking matchups I don't know because nobody plays these characters and I encounter them twice a month at best
Now I have to lab Lee and Bob because these 2 faggots are online and I'll match with them again only to forget everything I've learned a week later when I don't fight another Bob player until July

worst character to play against in the game bar none

Who, Kazumi or Eliza?

eliza of course

kazumi of course

or of course

Akuma of course

>demoted from vindicator down to vanguard

i'm tilted, time to take a long break

thanks

kiitos homer

I'm gonna play Paul and none of you can stop me