/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Was too late for the drawing: >New players read this then finish the game without spoilers:
i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>NEWS:
-Dec 7/2017: Shadows Die Twice teaser - youtube.com/watch?v=OAYhXKC0LJ8
-Dec 22: Unused dialogue - docdroid.net/Pxn7IHL/bloodborne-script-formatted.pdf
-Dec 26-29: Unused bosses & test areas are now safe chalices that anyone can use - i.imgur.com/8irZ3mh.png

>Helpful links:
-/bbg/ Resource Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
-Wiki: bloodborne-wiki.com/
-Build planner: mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
-AR calculations: pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>Chalices:
-How to unlock FRCs for spelunks, fight clubs & gem farming: i.imgur.com/0AwN4Lo.jpg
-Gem farming chalices: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/uncanny weapons, runes, and gems: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-Edited chalices: i.imgur.com/iScooA4.png (Unused bosses, test areas, early runes/weapons)

>PVE - Spelunking (Every Friday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus anytime someone wants to host):
-Spelunks happen, join em, host em
-Set the chalice to Open and region to Worldwide
-Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/WJXCN0Y.png
-Pthumeru: n6rc9jh8
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.png

>FAQ:
Q: Where do I get/put the best gems? A: bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
Q: How do I setup arcane builds? A: i.imgur.com/73dnuUm.jpg
Q: How to access the DLC? A: i.imgur.com/XaRuxgF.png
Q: Did I miss a quest? A: i.imgur.com/Uzg8XI6.png
Q: Is this game active for coop and pvp? A: Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GI3aRB5LADk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for 30/30 builds

>inb4 purge filth

drunk hanzo are you still ringing in pthumeru?

brings me back

Second for choir girls

>second

Always, I'm having a very hard time right now. What is your vitality at you two? I seem to be annihilated by anything that so much as sneezes on me

43vit

this is a cursed layer

>I made it in the collage this time

I'm so happy thanks user

All right, just checking in before I go and waste 10 or so hours on a bad idea. I'm going to make one of these two builds. One of them can take a beating but can't dish one out, the other is capable of dealing damage but is squishy (although not very squishy, I think it only has 40 or so HP less than if I had 50vit). Which one should I make?

I'd go for the second one personally. I don't know why you aren't using the wheel though, it's the best weapon for low stat investment builds

God help us.

is this your first planned build that you intend on using for pvp/coop? if so ditch this and do a more regular 50/25 offensive stat build with 40 vit. If you already have a standard buildtype and just want to meme then go with number one but move 25 end into vit and have 3 health runes

I forgot about logarius wheel. If I end up using the first I'll rework it to use the wheel, but I'm probably going to use the second one
I already have a standard build and want a meme. Do you mean make a 75vit/25end build?

Sorry for the late replies, fell asleep right after posting. For invading/co-oping you don't need the boss alive but if you wanted be invaded in CY which I assumed you meant then yeah Cleric has to be alive

If you don't want to heavily invest into damage stats then Wheel with Flat Arc gems at base stats is the best choice. Adding 10 levels after 40 End would do nothing, get at least 40. You won't be very squishy with that amount as long as you have 2 Clocks, I usually run that much in FRCs with no problems

keep trying hanzo, you're not out of the chalice yet!

*get at least 40 Vit

are we all this bad?

dear god

What's going on?
Who are you people?

let's just go in the preboss, there's nothing else in the main layer

I agree. Whatever is in that bonus room will remain a mystery.

3 cooperators dying over 10times to the same 3 mobs of enemies in a cursed spelunk.

A cursed BL 43 spelunk

thanks for the tips, I think this is what I'm going to go with. Swapping out the lowest tier clockwise rune for a tier 3 anti-clockwise nets me just as much stamina as I would if I had 40 END, and trading the 10 points of END to hit 40 VIT w/ 2 clockwise runes leaves me with just as much health as I usually have on my other builds. Wish me luck, see you at the FC soon if I can be bothered to slog through the story chalices by then

We all seem to be in the 98-117 range since none of you are downscaled.

Would anyone be interested in cooping through the dlc? I just finished leveling in the false depths after beating amelia so I think I'm ready to grab what I need from the DLC.

If this is still going on when I get out of the shower I might try to join with my BL43 twink

sure, give me a pass and 5 minutes

>its finished
That layer3 opening room was some kind of new hell with those 2 roaming mobs +spiders if you went too far in.

Before we start, is there anything I must do before touching laurence's skull? I already progressed with eileen, all the chapel folk, and alfred up to this point.

Pass will be 'kosm'

nope, you're good unless you want the flamesprayer from gilbert

This was an unspeakable hell for the final layer.
Layer three report:
>prelamp bonus room has a elevator with no enemies near it
>but has a shit ton under it, including yet another lost yharnamite zombie just chilling in the corpse pile next to a group of buffed pthus
>treasure is guarded by a fire madman
>said treasure is a rather terrible bloodtinge gem
>heading down the main chamber you see no less than two roaming gangs of pthumarians all of which are powered up and one has a caster with them
>one of them strikes me in the back, killing me instantly
>we spend a lot of time here, punishment for my previous comments, surely
>get past that, a stairway with a flaming boulder
>I honestly forgot what was behind there because we spent so much time trying to reach the preboss treasure room
>two roaming gangs making up at least 20 enemies between them AND spiders pouring out
>AND a mad man
>AND a DUDE
>boss was pthumarian elder I don't care anymore I am numb
If you ever want a challenge try getting to that room on layer 3 if you dare. Whatever is in there is not likely to be worth it. Thanks for baby sitting me Lotte and Hibiko.

I'm gonna grab that then meet you at the first lamp

I had a huge amount of fun man, thanks for the host!
I'll try to see whats in that room

thanks for hosting
sorry for trying to cut it short but i had something to do irl

ringing now. I just realised that I only have the first two areas open so there'll be a short intermission between the hall and hamlet while I need to kill the bosses

Understandable. Hope it goes over well, whatever it is.

Anyone who can help me out with Orphan of Kos NG+? Password is set to: "KOSM".
Waiting just before mist.

Why'd you fuckers say 25str/50arc was a good pve build?

The golden door past the impossible room was just the door we couldn't get through in the 2nd layer pre-boss. We dropped down from the rafters, onto a room with a big hole in it and some mobs at the bottom, there was a door we couldn't open from that side.

I had 0 chance jesus christ. I'm ringing at the first lamp

Typical.

They just meme the wheel no matter what because they like to spam the transforming dash r1. Executioner posters have always been the worst people on these threads for a long time.

at hunters nightmare looking for some good coop
planning to actually clear
pass: bbg

Ringing.

Let's try that again.

do you know how to convert a weapon brainlet? having multiple elemental weapons makes you a pve god if you know what bosses are weak to

sincerest thanks

Same ting can be done with saw spear/ kos parasite build with way less effort and leveling.

Has the second most weapon variety, decent Hunter Tool damage, able to use fire/bolt/arcane as well as a bit of Phys from the split weapons so the viscerals aren't as bad as Pure Arc. It's pretty good for PvE, having to gem all those weapons will take a damn long while though

Fire paper and bolt paper exist

If you put on any type of eyewear for your hunter, you’re a faggot. Playing as lady hunter when I’m reality you’re a man makes you gay as well.

>Looking at a girls ass makes you gay

Not that guy but papers only add +80 damage while converted weapons are all pure 600-700+ fire/bolt/arcane

can I put fire/bolt/arcane gems on the rifle spear to convert its damage type?

haha reringing for you

Again just use saw spear at base stats and pick up kos parasite. Way less of an issue to just gem these out and not worry about much else. It's a waste of points unless you want to use wheel or moonlight.

>not playing as a girl
Nigga, u the gay here.

No, anything with more than one damage type cannot be converted

Game crashed to XMB after my death weirdly enough.

Xmb hasn't been a thing since PS3 sadly.

>ArcAnus shitters

You can put flat damage gems though for that meme rifle spear build. It actually does damage.

youtube.com/watch?v=GI3aRB5LADk

That's boring though

Let me just jot this down next to the other ten commandments. You are the sole authority on the matter, after all.

That got removed.

That was patched almost 2 years ago user, plus it's not really the same as converting.

You should have also used a black dot tattoo right below the mouth to give it an elongated look.
Still great sliders, what fashion are you gonna use? Nothing quite matches HMPHs red collar.

Where do I put all the extra stats not in str? More arc?
50vit 10 end 70arc?

Kos parasite is fun as fuck and so is the saw spear.
>L2 to one shot host and 2 phantoms
>R1 dash tickle attack
>Destroy everything in pve with saw spears and some gams
>All while still level 66 because you did not invest in build that requires over 2x the chunks to play correctly.

Those are fun weapons but you get so little options. Pure Arc being good doesn't make Str/Arc bad either

I'll try that i was thinking for a long time one how to fix it. Bt I think the stats are already on the eyes .For clothes I was thinking going a vile blood route since they are the closest living relatives.

For the build I was thinking a skill/arc for converted fire weapons what do you think?

Should I make a 50/25 str/skl build for ultimax weapon variety and endless gem grinding or should I make a meme build that most likely won't be very effective and has very little weapon variety but is fun and won't take near as long to make (only grinding for one or two weapons)

Hey sorry about that user, my mom got bit by the neighbor's kemodo dragon, we need to go to the hospital

cruel fate 30 vit 12end 50 arc

you can beat all pvpv just like this if you want to go higher levels just put into vit or Arc according to your play style. Never bother raising end past 15 though that's just wasteful.

is it possible for me to use the false depth dungeons to get top tier gems and make the run through the story mode a breeze?

They're not top tier but are good
Slightly better than Hamlet gems

You could do that with Lower Pthumeru/Lower Hintertomb gems already, so yeah

Str/Arc is ridiculously time consuming though I would not recommend it for someone just starting or looking for a good pve build. It's more for player who tried arc already and want more weapons.

It's all good.
They won't be top tier but they will be better than anything you get in the main game.

Not top tier, they aren't FRC quality, but nothing to sneeze at compared to what you'd get normally.

Are they better than the 20% Dlc gems?

I'm so sorry flynn

They are not top tier, also they are not quite as easy to get as you miht imagine. Is it realy worth the time? You would have to kill a fuckton of madmen for a set of 20% flat phys secondaries. Meanwhile, just progressing through the chalice story mode will award you with 18% gems for killing obligatory watcher bosses.
I think its only useful if you wanna make a soft twink for early areas if you are too much of a lazy shit to play the game properly and get lumpy's gems.

It's ok. Let me go first and I can probably kill the black one with a sneak attack

If it's for players who've never done Arc before then yeah going Pure would be good before doing Str/Arc.

Slightly like that other guy said if you get +Phys secondaries

The lost chikage chalice has 18% attack radial in a chest that respawns when you remake it

I'm not sure which one would be more time consuming if that's the case. I do like my soft twinks.

>people want to twink
>not going through the entire chalice dungoen slog and getting the top tier gems you need to ass fuck summonbabbies and noobs
if you're gonna be an asshole, go big or go home

20% gems are enough to do that without that disgusting slog. Time is money user

Lazarus pls tell me you grabbed the pendant

I don't want to twink, I just want to finish my build as fast as possible and having high damage output on early bosses gets me there faster.