Dota 2 general /d2g/

ACTUAL USEFUL INFO IN THE OP EDITION

>INFORMATION & GUIDES
Major Patch: dota2.com/duelingfates (7.07)
Minor Patch: dota2.com/news/updates/35745 (7.07d)
Most Recent Update: dota2.com/news/updates
New Players: purgegamers.true.io/g/dota-2-guide
New Players (League Refugee Edition): dotabuff.com/learn/lol
Wiki: dota2.gamepedia.com
Blog: blog.dota2.com
Lore: dota2.gamepedia.com/Lore
Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/570/guides
Cosmetic Simulator: dotaloadout.com
Competitive Scene: wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Main_Page

>STATISTICS
Competitive DOTA 2 Analysis: datdota.com
Personal Statistics: dotabuff.com
Personal Statistics 2: opendota.com
Hero Stats, DPS Calculator, & Interactive Map: devilesk.com/dota2

>NEWS & STREAMS
gosugamers.net
liquiddota.com
dota2protracker.com
Streamlink: github.com/streamlink/streamlink
GUI: github.com/streamlink/streamlink-twitch-gui

First for Discord

2nd for lets cheer on /our/ guy Waga

nth for Pugna

Comeback mechanic is the single most significant mechanic in every single game. Prove me wrong.

Post a link please bruh

>filename

>all they've done is pussyfoot around tiny number changes

it should be there but not too strong, if there's no way to comeback it will be just like HotS, in which the game is decided after like 5min because comeback is impossible.

>201178462
???

>tfw want to change my name to "support picker" because im in the 3k trench and it would be a morale boost for everyone i play with
>the word "support" gets censored
why?

so I'm watching GDQ and I've seen how its gone from fun allowed to full nazi mode subs only chat but how come Dota 2 has managed to remain mostly the same? I mean yeah its gone Valve corporate-ish but we still have casters saying FUCK and SHIT while casting in front of hundreds of thousands of people. What's the magic that kept Dota 2 pure?

>It's a game for autists
>Valve is very hands-off with most shit (at least relative to other companies), they can maintain a lack of accountability for everything this way

>implying
dota esports died with james

Holy fucking shit. Why do competitive Dota 2 matches take so fucking long to start. Like goddamn just sit the fuck down and draft your shit, for FUCK'S SAKE.

lmao major lans and TI are sanitised as fuck compared to how they used to be, go look up TI2 or 3 coverage and see

this is probably the thing that keeps the scene alive, just look at Blizzard and how they go full nazi mode with their competitive scene, and it's one of the things making it impossible for the games to actually become real "e-sport" games.(that and the games sucks for competitive play)

Players need a break to get water and piss, wait times are also not really that bad compared to the good ol' wc3 days of drafting through IRC with 2 minutes between each pick/ban.

only spastics watch dota, so we're safe for the time being. There's too many people antagonistic to this bullshit, to the point where people who try to remove the grassroots real nature of it just get met with complete resistance and go back to overwatch or wherever the fuck they came from

but it's still worse than what it used to be with 2gd. Thank god he's hosting epicenter this year

*shoots*

how is mid wisp balanced dotards?

>once Enchantress gets untouchable shes basically untouchable

>only spastics watch dota
we had like 20 million people watch TI, we beat actual professional sports world tournaments. How have people still managed to not care about how "toxic" we are?

It's 2018, Dota 2 must do better if it wants to be part of the future

>wanted the stamper announcer pack for years
>he releases the files on his twitter
>they're all completely standard voice lines with zero flavor

I mean I like his voice regardless, but I was expecting like, at least a joke every now and then

sniper shoots himself with himself as he himself tries to shoot himself with himself

>they can't find 10 autists willing to mod the stream full time
I have trouble believing this

why do they even need to moderate chat? Just add 5 second slow mode and let them have fun. The trannies cant even see twitch chat unless they watch the VODS which i guess they will because they're attentionwhores

valve is a better corporation. theyre hands off unless reddit faggots make threads. our one true goal should be to destroy reddit. they ruined dota and they ruin everything.

this, but unironically

AGDQ has forgot its roots and turned into something completely different. It gets worse every year and it's really sad to see.

You know racism and so on has jumped the shark when 13 year olds are spamming it in twitch chat.

these people watch TI, pretend to care for a while, write an article on polygon about it and fuck off for a year. They're not on the grind like us

based bulldog still our guy

is memeback real or not?

Grant is casting PGL Open Quals

>spirit memebacking
nice fucking game

>he doesnt immediately close twitch chat as soon as he opens a stream

Is he really?

>Weebs in charge of using their higher-brain functions

whats the point of aghs first Gyro?

bulldog very coy and clever there
>the good and fun memes
what the fuck is wrong with the useless fat sack of shit

Illidan is not a game winning player.

I dont see Navi beating this Tinker but I'm not sure how competent the Tinker Player is in the late game

iLTW is pretty solid, I don't see him being the one who loses them the game.

Was he... high? Also, I though laNm was doing the draft?

Phishers pretending to be steam support. Was popular back in the day.

our guys (BCL) are doing it!

yeah Ilidan feeding fater getting actual networth might be an issue

>Tfw fata had le happy merchant as his avatar during pro games

Comeback mechanics are cancer. If you're bad you should be punished, and that punishment should be losing. Likewise, killstreak mechanics are cancer. If you're doing well, your reward should be winning. Both mechanics just jerk that concept around, rewarding players for the wrong reasons, and if they're unbalanced run the risk of being abused by the winning player, completely defeating their purpose.

>this sing game

absolutely not! cmon retard! why would you even die if you have all that advantage :^) its totally fair!

>still mad

Stop avatarfagging.

its sort of fitting really, people hype up something that was never going to happen for years, and it gets revealed to be half a piece of moldy shit left to rot

>AA is very far behind the other supports in the game
>200 gold behind rubick
huh

That game wasn't memeback. It was Secret taking early towers with clinkz and leshrac while EG avoided them. EG then started to fight and won every teamfight which is obvious if you have Magnus + Jugg and Death Prophet. Fata played like shit too and they didn't have a proper 5 so they had to pick Leshrac.

this adelaide?

>aghs > bkb > satanic
where is the damage?

absolutely. its like making the next touchdown give you 20 points in a football game if you are behind. it makes the actual hard fought comebacks nonexistent and worthless. artificial comebacks are cheap shit and it means things like "late game investment strats" and "push strats" are totally irrelevant. real comebacks should have worth and meaning.

Why is it only singshitters that feel the need to provide a running commentary on their epin variety streamer

adelaide

singsings like our only varierty streamer

Holy shit, it's been a full day and you're STILL complaining about this? Are you autistic?

>waah, i got more last hits than the guy i laned against and killed him twice I DESERVE TO WIN RIGHT NOW!!! THE ENEMY THRONE SHOULD EXPLODE RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!

Go play another game, you impatient ADHD retard.

They watch singsing. They're autistic.

>Highest rank on my team is an ancient 3, we also have a legend 3
>Enemy team has 3 ancients and a divine
Thanks didn't want a win anyway

le angry brown midget is so funny! XD
unlike b*lld*g who is cringey as f*ck! XD

in football do the players increase in strength/speed as they score additional points?

This has to be one of the most buttblasted dotards I've ever seen in d2g

>Implying it would stop there
He wants it to be a single extra cs in lane = instant victory

GRANT IS STREAMING OPEN QUALIFIERS WHY IS THIS PLACE SO FUCKING DEAD?

yes. the the team with a big lead gets to rest their best players, try whacky plays, and play with less effort, making their earlier efforts snowball completely.

ah, classic illidan

>Get more than 50% of minute 0 bounties

>Instawin

if they are resting their strong players, that would lower the level on skill they are currently fielding
that would be the opposite of growing more powerful with additional points

>the furfag is still samefagging threads later

>Pro football players start throwing when they have a lead
(You)

>if they are resting their strong players, that would lower the level on skill they are currently fielding
nope, because if they feel like their position is threatened or that the enemy team is about to make an important play, they just bring back the best (fully rested) players

I love this shit since watching navi hopes being destroyed by reality is always a pleasure.

>21 teams

>not liking memeback rubberband makes you a furfag now
ah yes thank you for the 2k insight based polfaceposter

That's the best part.

Don't lump me in with that retard.
t. furfag

except those initial players are still only at the same power level they were at the beginning of the game
not more powerful

>get rapier
>team wipe them
AWYEAH

they are more powerful because the enemy team went into "negative levels" due to strain, injury, and fatigue :)

Uh... NaVi?

Remember to report avatarfags

lmao 2 rapier

Yeah and you just threw your early lead by putting all your benchies on the field like a dumbass instead of running up the score (like what actual pros do)

it's really weird how bad players will just dogpile on anyone who criticizes rubberband. must be mostly newfags and esport cucks left in this general. gotta keep muh esborts exciting with muh ebic hype comebacks so i can spam PogChamp and LUL in twitch chat!

HOLY SHIT THIS GAME

is biver still playing for navi?

ah esports is on no wonder there are so many memeback shills right now