/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #699

''Waiting for her'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Farewell - Behind the Scenes:
youtube.com/watch?v=19z8RzlatS4

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' 19 October 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' 20 December 2017 (Out Now)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − Early 2018

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/14752851
strawpoll.me/14752859
strawpoll.me/14658218
strawpoll.me/14659151
strawpoll.me/14659805
strawpoll.me/14692832
strawpoll.me/14745371

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
youtube.com/watch?v=yDJ1YWvlIB8
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=6VEtOhEX_fE
youtube.com/watch?v=kXcOyYEldZY
youtube.com/watch?v=KX8ebGCzGeo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Always kiss the price.

Chloe is #1

So close to 700! :D

Max in a beanie is hella cute. I think she could even pull off wearing a beret.
Hope Chloe wasn't waiting too long,

Hell yeah!

It's amazing how far we've come.

Hello everyone!

It has been a while but we haven't sung any Before the Storm songs so we thought it might be fun to do a /lisg/ sings again.

The song we are going to be singing is "No Below" by Speedy Ortiz.

youtube.com/watch?v=yDJ1YWvlIB8

>How do I record this?
Use Audacity or something, there are plenty of programs that do this. If you don’t have a mic just use your phone.
Try singing the whole song in 1 go. If you don't want to do the whole song, that's fine. Sing the part you like, it'll be edited in at the right 'time'.
Make sure it is JUST YOUR VOICE. No song in the background.

>Okay how do I send in my files?
Email your files to [email protected]
You can add them in the attachment or upload them somewhere where the files can be downloaded from. Try to avoid Vocaroo as it makes the quality shit.

>When is the deadline
You can send in your files till the 17th of January.
If you’re a little later it’s not too bad, the editing won’t start right away but try to do it before then.

>I can’t sing!!!
No one gives a shit, it’s just for fun. You don't have to be embarrassed. Try to join when you can! The more the merrier.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

>life is strange 2 wont have best girl max or chloe in it

>So, are we heading outside?

Before BtS Episode 3's release:
>Devs: ''Intense episode is waiting for us.Be ready for it;);) There is a reason why we chose Tempest as major theme and you will find out;)''
>Don't worry, Deck9 won't disappoint us. They are better than Dontnod
>I love you Zak. Thank god, finally a developer who understands us!! What did we do to deserve him guyssss
>CLOUD 9!!! TELL ME WHATCHU REALLY LIKE... BE READY FOR MULTIPLE KISSESSS!! CLOUD 9 WOHOOOO
>Sera is a witch. Ending is going to be awesome
>We will see how Damon got killed
>We will get our revenge from Skeevy guys too
>We will see Skip's concert too. Rachel and Chloe will go there yeeeyy
>All plot holes Dontnod left will all be answered.
>Beanie Queen Steph will get hug and also we will have advice scene ;);)
>They will not touch 3 years. They will keep their promises:) Unlimited happy endings are coming. 6 variations depending our choices with RACHEL HYPE CLOUD9

After BtS Episode 3's release:
>Deck9's worse than Dontnod
>Devs were bullshitting all along: Tempest? They forgot it. Poor Shakespeare is rolling in his grave right now
>Zak went full retard
>Nothing was cut:)
>Girls went full nun-mode and was giving each other cheek kiss and 0.1 sec cuddle scene in bed -even with cloud 9 intimacy
>Choices didn't matter
>Pedo Frank
>Frank pushes Damon out of screen. God knows how is he fucking dead
>Rachel spent almost the whole episode in that hospital bed
>Chloe was unconscious at the very intense moment
>Sera magically untied herself
>End choice didn't solve anything
>William went full Fast and Furious flashbacks.
>Even if Sera and Rachel reunite, Sera gtfos that town in one way or another
>They added credits scene out of nowhere - Rachel's ded - Chloe's still suffering. Technically, they were bullshitting about not touching 3 years either

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

A L W A Y S

Fuck off max
You can't talk me down like Kate

Just eat a couple of her leaves and dig your way outta there... whoa so hard.

>thread 699

Max is zZz tier
Hail Rachel

>>Another dollar for the swear jar!

It will have new characters who will hopefully be just as awesome in their owns ways.
Then we can see crossover art and fics with S1 characters.

They're in Max's closet, there's probably snacks and water bottles in there. Or they can run across the hall to Victoria's room where we know there are cookies in the closet.

I like it

I hope we get to see a happy and optimistic Chloe in the Farewell episode.

>Yeah, in a corridor
>Yeah, and you call me
>Yeah, when I see you
>You, you know damn well

>Throw back arms I love you
>And I won't be bothering with mourning
>It's crucial that you see the truth
>When looking for yourself
>Not useless observations

>Then we can see crossover art and fics with S1 characters.
I didn't know how much I wanted this until you mentioned it. This will be great.

Cute! The both of them and the characters they voice.

We will. Gonna be happy Chloe before all the bad stuff started happening.
Then if you want to imagine how Chloe is now, picture a mix of that dorky and happy girl with the tough but vulnerable one of the first game. Chloe will find a balance.

>You have buried childish qualities
>Friend make sense of me, friend make sense of me
>I have many destructive qualities

>I have so much hurt inside me
>I have so much hurt inside me
>Friend, friend, friend, friend

Hannah is a cutie

The tragedy in these game can't affect me cause I've never felt love nor will I relate to Chloe Max or Rachel
*smug face*

How does it feel to be Inferior, emotional weaklings

For cereal.

Farewell is going to be so great. Hopefully we get some news about it soon.

You're the weak one
You'll never know friendship
Or love
And I feel sorry for you

>Amberprice sumus. No habēmus initium. No habēmus finis. Sumus infinitae. Et post decies annis te oblivioni traditæ sunt et ēradicemini, sed nos sustinēbimus. Legio sumus. Reveniēmus mox. Numeri nostri obscūrābimus the threads de omnem website. Aeternam sumus. Sumus pinnaculum de shipping et Maxyneposting. Estis nihils, comparari nobis. Exitium tuum es inevitabilis. Finis omnium, sumus. Nos impōnimus ordinem super chaos de Pricefield cuteposting. Et factum est, quia nos patitur illud quatinus vōs estis superstito, sed vos perībis, si nos postulamus. Verba vester sunt similis vester futurum - inanis. Nos sumus antecursor de vester exitium. Hic collocutio finit nunc.

>In the dead of night I'll meet you in my sleep
>And in the morning light you'll wake up next to me
>Like a dream come true I'll take you where I roam
>Then follow you back home

>Tell me you care
>Tell me you care

>If I lose my way and forget what I need
>Just remind me now of what you give to me
>If you hold my hand and take me where you go
>I'll show you the side that no one knows

>I'm taking you there
>I'm taking you there

These are great

Haha i got the reference

I can't wait! I have to say, I am feeling kinda bittersweet about it. On the one hand, I am happy and excited to see Max and Chloe together again, but on the other hand, I am apprehensive that it may be the last time we see these amazing characters...

Max & Chloe wedding / honeymoon episode when?

Can we all agree that episode 6 was the worst of them all? (not the picture itself but the context)

Enjoy grief loser

>those two holding kate.png and pricefield.png
Nice

>may be

>Always said I was a good kid
>Always said I had a way with words
>Never knew I could be speechless
>Don’t know how I’ll ever break this curse

>Now the world is only white noise
>Frequencies that I can’t understand
>I can’t be bothered with the teachers
>Always tryna shape the way I act

>Burn it down, burn it down, burn it down, burn it down

At least the episode itself can't really "fail" since it really doesn't have to achieve anything. It's a nice bonus and not central to the story of LiS or BtS. It can be pure fluff though I think there will be some depth to it.
If it's the last time we do see them then I cannot complain since it will be on a high note and we never imagined seeing them again after Episode 5 anyway. I can't be upset at being given more than I expected. Plus it's been discussed a lot (and I'm sure it will be discussed more and more if it becomes likely or confirmed) but the idea of a sequel has some issues with what it would contain and how things would be handled.

>tfw no one will ever take me there

Q4 2018

I'm so glad one of these got made again for the prequel.

It was definitely /lisg/'s low point. As the image says, a shitstorm.
Thing about storms is once they are gone, the some comes out again.

>who decided pink was /lisg/'s colour, I don't recall it ever being our thing
>toby did

i feel bad for leaker user

How can you guys still be so hopeful about new LiS content when both DN and D9 have shit the bed so hard with their final episodes? Even something as seemingly innocuous as a slice of life, carefree day from Max&Chloe's childhood will inevitably have some needless and out of place hints/reminders/foreshadowing of one of the many shitty things that happen to the girls or someone they know or they'll find some other way to "make you cry :)" because I'm sure they won't be content with just having us play as Max for some bittersweet comfiness.

I didn't think Dontnod would fuck it up but they did. After that I figured hey D9 won't fuck it up as well they have a pretty clear reference of what not to do but they did. There doesn't seem to be a way for a self-contained episode set in the past before any of the bad stuff happened to fail, but I'm sure they'll find a way to disappoint.

Hannah Telle said the fans are going to absolutely love the episode, so I am not concerned about the quality; I think it will be great. I just hope it won't be an actual farewell. I want more Pricefield, dammit!

Paris definitely seems like the most likely honeymoon spot.
Though personally I think they would love NYC, they could go there another time for a trip or business.

Because what can they foreshadow? William's death, Max's departure, Max and Chloe growing apart over the five years?
Those are all very tragic things, but we know they happen. Nobody has any delusions that the Farewell Episode will change things or result in a new path and so nothing should come as a surprise. It's part of the canon and so it's fair game to show.

Don't worry, user. One day, you'll find someone. A person that can change everything. A blazing bright fire that can hurt and heal you. Your Greater Beauty. Your Angel. Someone who'll take you "there" and tell you that they care. Your special someone who is dearer to you beyond the connection of friendship and love. It might happen in an instant or might take ages, but when it happens, it's full of wonder and magic.

Based Hannah.

Kylie Brown and Rihanna DeVries said people would enjoy Ep3. Look how it ended.

did they really? it seems like no one even talked about ep 3, i wonder why......

Nay, they won't torture us anymore with the tragedy stuff. It will be all insouciant Pricefield greatness.

There's always more Pricefield. Though it may not be fully animated, voiced, or labeled official.
I do have the feeling we will see them again in a game one day.

"The corners of the world our mere prologue"

>Wanting romantic moments between kids
Why are pricefielders pedos?

>201206908
Nobody said or expected romance out of the bonus episode. Try harder.

>pic
Why is Max sad? :(

Yes they did. Rhianna said that Ep3 was going to be a satisfying conclusion on a twitch stream. Kylie retweeted the Ep3 trailer and said "I got chills. You're going to love this".

Is watching Max sleep Chloe's favorite past time?

kek the irony of this post is what sustains me through the harsh winter months

Chloe abandoned Max for Baechel.

Probably. It calms Chloe down when she is stressed out about things. Sometimes she even counts Max's freckles (thank you, TH)

>Because what can they foreshadow? William's death, Max's departure, Max and Chloe growing apart over the five years?
>Those are all very tragic things, but we know they happen. Nobody has any delusions that the Farewell Episode will change things or result in a new path and so nothing should come as a surprise. It's part of the canon and so it's fair game to show.
I don't know I'm just being preemptively disappointed I guess. I'm afraid they won't be satisfied with leaving it as a "harmless episode where nothing of importance happens" and will try to sneakily hint at something unexpected just to change shit up. And I hate how they retconned the Max and Chloe not having any contact in 5 years to Max ghosting Chloe and I don't want them to change more stuff for no reason at all and I wonder how they'll go about writing young Max. I just wish they just left the two of them be, after what Michel and Ep 5 put them through. Just let them have peace.

It's when Chloe asks Max to turn it up to 11.

I wonder how much they even knew about the final episode. How many lines did they record which were later cut? Had they already recorded the dialogue for the original Mill and lighthouse scenes? And if so, was it clear exactly how much was going to change in the story when they went back for another recording run? Do the VAs even get a complete copy of the whole "script" such that they all know exactly what's happening in each scene in context? Rhianna obviously should know pretty much everything, but Kylie was only in a handful of scenes in Episode 3, so would she even have known what was happening in all those other scenes, let alone following the changes?

Poor Chloe. :c That alt timeline is so painful.

Yeah, best just delete this

Alt Chloe was miserable, she was begging Max to end her life because she wanted this time with Max to be her last memory... Pretty depressing if you ask me.

youtube.com/watch?v=6VEtOhEX_fE

STOP POSTING ALT-TIMELINE STUFF RIGHT NOW, IT"S THE MOST DEPRESSING THING IN THIS FRANCHISE

That's the point, user, it's time to get sad.

Did episode 4 make you cry like a baby? It sure made me.

youtube.com/watch?v=kXcOyYEldZY

Yes it was the saddest thing in the entire game, so stop fucking posting it

Katy (Steph's VA) said in a livestream with SRG just few days before Ep3 release that she had to come to the studio only two times. One time in February and the other in June. She also said that there were many lines she liked that didn't make it to the game. Most likely similar situation with Kylie, other than the differennce in importance.

It feels good to wallow in a pool of catharsis. You should try it sometimes.

youtube.com/watch?v=KX8ebGCzGeo

>I'll just drift asleep...dreaming of us here together...forever.
>Thank you so much. I'm so proud of you for following your dreams. Don't forget about me.
>I love you, Max. See you around.

It really does. It's almost cleansing in a way.

It's helps Chloe fall asleep herself.

That too. Wonder how many freckles Max has. Only Chloe truly knows.

I understand the caution but I don't think it's going to be anything bad for this episode. If anything, them trying to hint at something sad at the end would be a rehash of how they ended BtS so I don't think they will want to do that again. Also it would put an unnecessary spin on a happy bonus.

>I hate how they retconned the Max and Chloe not having any contact in 5 years to Max ghosting Chloe
I can agree with that, it was bullshit. There was no need to do it and nothing was added, if anything it just makes the conversation they have in Season 1 Episode 1 awkward. There is was kind of an unspoken thing that they both screwed up. At least the "Welcome home, Max" scene is still nice.
>I just wish they just left the two of them be
That's probably the most likely thing after the Farewell Episode. I know how Leak user has described a potential sequel, but it doesn't seem like it would work. Thankfully despite all their mistakes, DONTNOD and Deck Nine have both been consistent with saying they won't do something to canonize a choice over another.

Here's something to make you smile, user.

>And I hate how they retconned the Max and Chloe not having any contact in 5 years to Max ghosting Chloe
Well I understand WHY they did it; it makes Chloe seem even more lonely and depressed, and makes Rachel seem like an even brighter light in the dark. They did it to enhance the Amberprice feels

If I were Max's parents, I would lend some of my money to Price family. They needed support very badly.

Yeah, this is why it's hard to tell exactly how much the VAs really know about this stuff in advance. There is always cut/unused audio in the game files. This might have been a big issue especially for Steph ... IIRC, the guy responsible for writing most of the table top game content said that segment of Episode 1 only -just- made it into the game. But that's a pretty huge chunk of Steph's dialogue throughout all three episodes, and it must have been recorded many months in advance (presumably the February session?).

max is best girl and my waifu