/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, with a fall 2018 PC release.
↳Third PS4 beta with a bonus Nergigante quest announced for 19th-22nd of January, no PS+ required.
↳Elder Dragons Trailer 1/5: youtube.com/watch?v=lmwxyM3sPwc
↳Deviljho Trailer 1/5: youtube.com/watch?v=kahQKbMiJ5U
↳Full 2018 Winter Event Livestream: youtube.com/watch?v=A1YcjzUomLs
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Moveset Changes: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconera.com/2018/01/08/monster-hunter-worlds-16gb-filesize-not-monstrous/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Xeno'Jiiva

Y-you too

siliconera.com/2018/01/08/monster-hunter-worlds-16gb-filesize-not-monstrous/

>''next gen MH''
>only 16gb file size

name a single good game above 16gb

TIME GO FASTER

>nioh is almost 80gb
>can compress it to about 20gb
>suddenly it becomes a game 75% shittier
nigger kys

Huntresses

Remember to eat your veggies(meat)!

T-that's all uh...tofu. It's tofu...

Oh no. It's almost like MHW isn't open world.
Or that it doesn't have 20 square miles to cover with 4k textures.
Or that it has a dev team that knows what the fuck audio compression is.

>people think it will be another elder
>not a STRONG monster like Jang and Jho
This really Xeno my Jiiva

Did the list confirm any of the new monster names before the trailer came out? You know, if it did confirm them then it's most likely legit and we won't be getting Gore.

hello friends

Why are people always excited in predicting that Monser Hunter will drop it's nice unique setting for a generic JRPG one every new gen?

>that leaked roster
>they keep heavily emphasising the fact that there will be free monsters after launch in every interview
>only 16GB big though admittedly that doesn't mean much since most games are bloated by bad compression
I'm legitimately starting to get worried guys

Yes, multiple.

Dodogama was in last weeks trailer

>this level of desperation
just accept that you'll be paying premium price for a bare bones game at launch, it will hurt less this way

there's no difference between elders and large monsters anymore
multiple hunts with them and you can cap them now

>No Gore

Thank god.

Did you guys played the demo yet? How did you like it? Does it have those battle styles from generation?

>hates the best elder dragon of all time
fag

I do remember the last time a rather big Rathalos threatened to nearly destroy a whole city.

I don't doubt that, but file size isn't really an indicator of anything because 1. compression exists and 2. most games with absurd file sizes fail to use it properly.

Yeah that's a common trope.
Like how in FU you fought Ukanlos to save Pokke.

It really surprise me how at this date people is still asking if World does have styles, arts and G-rank. Jesus Christ.
But no, doesn't have anything of that stuff.

Yes. I had fun. No.

>Worldembryo

Do we know if there'll be a G-rank or not yet? I've been avoiding MH:W and MH in general for ages now but that most recent trailer got me hooked again

People are too fucking dumb to use google. It's quite a spectacle. More often then not people irl will ask something i tell them to use their fucking phone

How much filesize does any one monster have?

Not on launch and any future implementation is currently undecided.

Yeah okay cool but Gore sucks.

Thanks for the heads up

Gears of War 4 was 125GB when it launched on PC and 90 on consoles. File size is just a meme as far as I'm concerned.

You're thinking of his older brother.

I'd really like clear pictures of Zorah Magdaros, all of the pictures they've shown so far don't clearly show his outline or all his features.

I'm assuming he's our online elder dragon, like Dalamadur or Miralis

here

I doubt it. you fight it in the story right before the game's flagship even appears

Like said, pretty sure Giganigga appears on his back as the first encounter or something. At least, that's what the story trailer from a few months ago made it seem like.

name a single good game above 16gb

A bit late to the party but here goes
A spear/javelin weapon, that comes in sets of three or four. The combo finishers would impale one of your spear into the monster which would continue to deal DoT based on its element or status (or raw). For optimal damage you would have to aim at (elemental) weakspots. After a while the DoT ends so you can't just stick them all in the monster and wait. To get your spears back you would have to get up and personnal and rip them from the monster ala corrida. Bonus point if you can pick any combination of javelin you want.

we haven't seen the final boss of the game yet, only his palico armor and theme

>He's our online elder dragon
Online doesn't exist anymore. It's all online.

Motherfucker I bought SFV on launch, you haven't even begun to know Capcom's bare bones if you think this is a low amount of content.

And at least this game LOOKS pretty as well, SFV still has Banana Hair all over the place.

Pretty much every new game Capcom releases is barebones so it's not anything new.

WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY QUESTS, I REALLY FEEL SCAMMED HERE

You realize the biggest bloat in games is uncompressed audio and video right? It just means World doesn't have a million audio files and pre-rendered cutscenes.

Uncharted 4 was 48GB and that game was short as fuck and mostly cutscenes.

Yeah I know I said as much in the spoiler.

So long as the monsters come out at a steady pace I'm actually really excited. It'll be nice to get the news of a new monster being added and then jump back in to hunt its ass.

Uncharted 4 didnt have prerendered cutscenes

Are you going to say it didn't have audio next?

Source on the capture thing?

Where my quests at? What more shit do i need to do to get them? Clear all port hi rank quests?

I'm still really excited, but keeping my expectations measured. Finally being on a system that my friends have access to should be more than enough for me since I've basically only played MH solo up to this point.

Proof of the Stars
Driven by a Hero
Hero of the Stars

What's the most likely titled?

So did the Deviljho species learn to harness Dragon energy because their nomadic lifestyle causes them to encounter Elder Dragons frequently? Or is it just there for rule of cool?

Nergigante was able to be trapped during one of the gameplay demos they did, and your objective during the Zorah Magdaros quest is to "capture" him.
That's it, that's literally all the evidence there is to support it.

>What's the most likely titled?
?

so are falling for CAPCOM's scam again by buying this at launch?

Rule of cool. There's only two other monsters in mainline and one monster in X/XX that can use raw Dragon. Two of them are elder dragons, and the other gets it from the Dracophage bugs that he shares a symbiotic relationship with.

>Nergigante was able to be trapped during one of the gameplay demos they did
Post link
>and your objective during the Zorah Magdaros quest is to "capture" him.
Doesn't mean shit, giant monsters have their own gimmicks. I doubt that Zora would be blocked by a shock trap, so it would be the wire bullet that was present in all the newer games and could block even Gogmazios, Jhen and Dharen.

Proof of a Hero: Warudo Ver.

I want to know what those fucking wires are made of and why the guild hasn't used them to create some kind of whip weapon yet.

Not him, but anyone can wait a few days to gauge the game's content and decide if they want to play it based on what other people have said. This game isn't nearly as barebones as SFV either and if I gave a shit about SF, I'd rather play that version than wait two years on the off chance that they might fix it by then.

>Nergigante was able to be trapped during one of the gameplay demos they did
You can't use shock traps or pitfalls against Nergigante. You can however use Environmental traps against him like the parafrogs though.

Time to play. XX room
45-2131-7440-4991

>you can cap them
It happens only with Zorah and it's just for the story, there is no way they could make this.
And we already have a shitton of elder.

>he didn't actually watch the video
Paratoad is not a shock trap retard.

Are we there yet?

Honest mistake, I'm less retarded than the cunt trying to convince people that elders can be captured.

I'm afraid of getting there

Hi.

>some anons won't make it there alive

> there is no way they could make this.
why not?
what's so bad?

>No gore magala
>No shiggy magala
>No edgy magala

Just end me senpai

17 days 6 hours 21 minutes and 50 seconds until the launch of Monster Hunter World.

10 days 3 hours 21 minutes and 50 seconds until the final beta of Monster Hunter World.

are there plant monsters in the series yet?

I'll wait until Jho's DLC come out, I want to see more videos of the actual game and this ''story'' they've spent so much resources crafting

Tons, if we count things like Vespoid and Nerscylla, since bugs are technically plants

All we can do is pray they aren't too many updates away.

>since bugs are technically plants
what.

I love that MHXX is packed with content but dear god these hunter arts and styles kinda ruin the fun for me, I'm glad they removed them in World

>inb4 then don't use it!

Then don't use it

I don't expect the story to be anything more than Lost Planet 2's story.
>big action scenes
>cutscenes to string you along to different missions
>characters are entirely expendable and "named ones" just have nicknames
Essentially it's just there as you play the game and is whatever.

Elaborate pls this is either you being clever or very retarded.

MH4U should have been the one to get an HD release. Bad timeline.

And now they're forced into the base moveset and have no cooldown.

>world announced
>life starts falling apart, go through some of the hardest times of my life
>world being on the horizon was the only thing that helped me hold it together
>things now stable and the release is fast approaching
Monster Hunter World might have saved my life.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

4u sucks tho

I fucking wish Lance still had a free +30% raw boost

You suck. Don't talk to me.

4u is honestly mediocre.

Retard.

>discord

anons I've followed your recommendations and watched hammer TAs to get pointers on getting gud
This is bat shit crazy. Not even in a thousand years can I get this good. They predict every move, they snipe heads like it's child play meanwhile I struggle with basic controls
I never watched hammer runs but they may be my favourite now
And I was proud of myself for defeating Seregios in 30 minutes

>rajang fetishist