/xgg/ - Xenogames General #77

USE SPOILER TAGS
Please note that Veeky Forums Rule #3 is being enforced.

========== Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ==========
>XBC2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XBC game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/whyaLFk0

>XBC2 Advanced FAQ (Tips, Combat, Quests, Misc, early/mid game and late game separated)
pastebin.com/xr0dT5mq

>XBC2 Blade combo elemental charts
i.imgur.com/JUWNMOw.jpg

>XBC2 Info Doc. Please help contribute
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/edit#gid=970837341

>Read-Only backup of the Info Doc. - USE THIS if you only intend to look up information. Main doc has a user limit, and will lock people out if the cap is reached.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JGCC9PLsDuBhL7riV3xwCDpUJ2zieEWk

>XBC2 Fanworks
pastebin.com/BLmMUNub

========== Xenoblade Chronicles X ==========
>XBCX Links pastebin
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY
==============================

If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

ver-k.blogspot.com/p/cg-anime.html
youtube.com/watch?v=9sKp2ZdBaYI&index=7&list=RDhZgZzn-Gv58
youtube.com/watch?v=hZgZzn-Gv58&list=RDhZgZzn-Gv58&index=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nice, starting off the thread with spoilers

What, Rex's fashion statement is an spoiler?

At what point did you guys think the game peaked storywise? I'm not really sure but I can at least say that it was LONG before the actual ending.

Probably Pyra Verde's awakening. Amalthos needed a better way to die and Elysium should have had more to it. Also malos was a weak final boss That being said I liked the ending

What I kinda disliked about the whole final chapters(like from 7 onwards) is that you constantly have this sense of urgency and need to keep going, from a story perspective that made sense and I gladly went along with the story.

But now doing all the quests postgame it feels strange to just fuck off doing side activities during a constant chase.

Bad guys that do the "come at me in my castle" thing kinda work better for something that wants you to do a lot of sidequests imo.

Chapter 8 when best girl showed up

I got bored an decided to design the fire healer we deserve. Sorry

End of chapter 7 with super Pyra. Morytha was a nice "holy shit" moment, but I don't think things ever got as good as they were earlier.
Especially considering almost every area after Genbu is just a straight line.

It never did, the story was consistently ass for the whole game dropping low in certain places like the cuckening of rex or i'm tentacle monster cartoon villain now

No one actually play xenoblade (any of them) for the main story do they?

The story stop being good when Rex came back to life.

>USE SPOILER TAGS
>Post a spoiler as the OP

When you finally meet the Zekenator

I do.

>The story stop being good when Rex came back to life.
Nah, it stopped being good when Mythra showed up.

I know people can be extremely fucking retarded AND stubborn but did that guy in the earlier thread really though that Topple and Launch state didn't increase damage?
Or that Smashing did nothing?
Or that Fusion combo was a thing?

I mean, to be fair, I still found people who finishing the game who had no idea full burst was a thing.

But best girl showed up earlier

It stopped being good the second I put in the game cart into the switch.

If I'm just trying to get Ether Crystals do I just spam stage 1 flawless + all crystals/treasures?

Does that really give you more ether?

I can't beat Xord because Sharla is made out of paper. I hate this damn game.

You spam 2 and pray bonus stages appear

Or you can endlessly play stage 5 and sell the stuff you don't need.

>bonus stages
What? I've only done 1 and 5.

To also be fair Full Burst is thrown in with the Chain Attack tutorial, in which you're basically guaranteed not to be able to do it. It also uses identical language to describe orb bursting and the Full Burst itself, "you'll do massive damage". It's just harder to do in general.

But yes I can only assume that person was either dumb or shitposting.

>deal so little damage healer gets the aggro
What the fuck are you doing

She doesn't. Reyn does but she keeps following him.

If you see red crab with two ether crystals tileset and run into right wall you get into it. Hundreds of ether per one

In 2-5 bonus stages can appear, you enter them by touching the edge of the screen being protected by the lobster enemies. You get a shitton of ether from them and the bonus ether you get from collecting all of the normal ether crystals in the level is exponentially higher as well. You can get as many as three in a level. Stage 2 is by far the best option for ether farming.

I've seen people that didn't know that every weapon has 4 moves

user if I can beat that level 40 frog outside of colony 9 while 5 levels below it and having the smaller frogs that I pulled to kill before killing the big frog respawn during the fight, you can beat xord nigga

>Rex finds Poppi's 3rd form distracting

Just decided to try the dub so I could understand all the random chatter. Did Kora just ask if her outfit was too tight?

l-lewd

It stopped being good when the E3 trailer revealed that it was going to be a cliche romance with a boring girl instead of an adventure about being bros with a chad

How come ff12 allows to switch controlled character mid battle and xenoblade still cannot?

Even if you literally forced him by the nature of his existance, Chad wouldn't be your friend, user.

ver-k.blogspot.com/p/cg-anime.html

Still trying to gather up money to commission this guy to draw these four swords playing Four Swords. Between myself and another user, we've got $150 of the $300 we need. I'm trying to scrounge up some extra funds to give some more on my end. In the meantime, any another kind anons want to help out?

Fusion combo damage is actually insane. No one should be able to ever perform one even accidentally and not notice the massive change in damage. I finished a blade combo on launched Zeke and the motherfucker took almost 200k damage.
I don't see how that's distracting to Rex when he walks around with Pyra and Mythra all goddamn day. And even QT has huge amounts of jiggle. Dude's got weird priorities if he just noticed it at third form.

Can you get a non shit artist to do it?

Stop shilling yourself ver-k

I didn't know about full burst.

I mean, I assumed something happened when you filled the gauge but it was never necessary. By the end of the game the damage output of a certain spoiler made it pointless to get more than 3 orbs anyway.

>$300

So does hoarding commons alter the chance of getting rare blades (since you can't have two blades of the same name), or should I just trash all the useless ones?

If you can find somebody else and organize everybody to pitch in for it, then I guess I wouldn't mind. Might be kinda rude to the guy since I already contacted him though.

I find that line from Rex weird when like you said he walks around with Pyra 24/7

And her name is Mythra

You are getting fleeced if you're planning on paying $300 for a commission from that artist

People would've complained about XC1 having a generic animu story if it had the same artstyle as XC2.

>$300
Just commission one of the artists from the game itself if you're going to be flushing away that sort of cash.

I still don't get why Malos gets a fucking monado but Pneuma doesn't and gets some weird ass ability instead

pretty much

Pyra does't have a high cut leotard.

This would've been so much better it's not even funny.

So how do I trigger the Theory and Praxis quest for Theorys level 3 affinity? I have them at 2/5 respectively already, the cutscene from sleeping at Corinnes house doesn't happen for me

He'd be a better friend than Mythra who only decides to wake up from her nap because you're about to die despite being able to save your ass a long time ago.

The Aegis Sword is essentially a Monado, it just looks different for the sake of subtlety. Mythra's foresight is similar to Shulk's visions as well.

When I saw Pneuma's sword, I thought of Shulk's real monado

It basically is, it just not called as such

I named my Miku that too

yea but still

Give me someone better then. No really. Long as something gets made and people enjoy it, the details don't matter to me. I'm sure that guy has plenty of other income sources.
I don't think any of those guys are available, or that cheap.

It doesn't have the respective arts though, even for in game purposes that's weird

Praxis has to be Lvl5 affinity.

You don't know til you try, check if they have a pixiv account and contact them.

I just attributed it to the nature of the sword being different. Something about it being split by nature?

>Brighid keeps a diary
>doesn't remember fighting Mythra
My nigga why would you not do this?
>Also suggests we stop withholding information from Rex for no goddamn reason
No idea what Pyra's lying about but it must be something important.

>Give me someone better then.
Are you really in a rush to get this done for something? Does it need to be done by next week or you'll die? Tap on the fucking breaks son. Genbu was going to be crushed by the pressure of the cloud sea in 3 hours and yet you could take your sweet time to save the day.

Either check pixiv or see if a really good artist has a blog site that you can contact and see what their rates our. Just because you see someone who is mediocre doesn't mean you need to go with them just because they are the first person you see.

>Brighid keeps a diary
>doesn't remember fighting Mythra
Oh but she does. She even beat her once out of 100 fights

Try a /v/ drawthread.

She is, do they have to be bonded to the same Driver?

No, just go do her heart to heart.

Who would win in an arm-wrestling match, Zenobia or Wulfric?

the diary has her fighting the Aegis, not necessarily the Aegis' name, nor a physical description.

Zenobia.

Zenobia "whack a few tons of monster into stratosphere"

I get a little crazy when I start a creative project. It's admittedly a weakness of mine. I don't mean to rush though. I settled on ver-k because I thought people would be happy with him. If not, I can slow down for now and keep searching. I would appreciate some help though.

No guarantee for a delivery or good quality there.

Are we going to die soon?

What does the Master Striker mod do?

I'm going to die if that FUCKING DLC DOESN'T DROP SOON

>Thread lasting more than a few hours means it's dead
>Thread not having many IPs means it's dead
It's nicer this way.

There's no guarantee of quality from a paid commission, either.

Does the level of the stuff you fight matter when you're trying to make cores usable?

I believe it does, as does being actively engaged in combat. I tried idling for a half hour against the level 1 crabs in argentum, and that did fuckall for waking Praxis up.

The artists I've worked with seemed pretty flexible. I should be able to run whatever we get through here for group review during the sketching, coloring, shading, etc stages until it comes out right.

Why is Kasandra such a semen demon

>fighting tiny fox superboss
>gets it to half health
>thinking the fight is pretty easy
>wipes out a lightsaber and kills me

II don't want to play Tiger Tiger anymore

Don't fuck with Chickenheart

I cheesed the fuck out of that little bastard. Knocked him right off the railing for 90% of his health and then activated a chain attack to take out the last sliver of health he had before he could whip out his instakill.

They really should have made superbosses at the same level and not either utter pushovers like reeking douglas or absolute cancer like dagmara or orion

Douglas can be a bit of a pain if you're not expecting the reinforcements, but without those, he's trash.
Dagmara is an obnoxious evade tank with an evade spike, but he has trash for HP.
Orion is just a dick in general because being a driver basically doubles all your stats.

>at half health you take spike damage everytime you miss
Man fuck this boss

You don't miss if he's toppled.

the problem is actually landing that shit on him

Boy, merc point grinding sucks.

WE ARE

I like these generals because people aren't afraid to shit all over the game's many flaws, despite having enjoyed it.

The OST is the one thing I think we can all agree was great.......right?

youtube.com/watch?v=9sKp2ZdBaYI&index=7&list=RDhZgZzn-Gv58
youtube.com/watch?v=hZgZzn-Gv58&list=RDhZgZzn-Gv58&index=1

Post your favorite tracks. I know it's hard because I already posted the best ones but try your best.

At least Ursula lets you get to merc level 5 the fastest since you can get her missions down to 2 minutes