Value investing thread?

Enough with this crypto bullshit, thread for people who actually use sound business principles in their trading

Stock I'm following: Biglari Holdings. They got a good CEO who turned the company around about 3 years ago and has gotten the company to a great point, trying to influence and potentially buy out Cracker Barrel. P/E is about 5.5(!!!) and it is very undervalued.

Other urls found in this thread:

seekingalpha.com/article/3602736-cracker-barrel-board-picks-losing-battle-sardar-biglari
biglariholdings.com/financials/2010/Reports/Biglari Holdings Form 10-Q 1st quarter 2010.pdf.
reddit.com/r/stocks/comments/68kxrs/otc_mcem_monarch_cement_co/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why isn't anybody responding

HOLY SHIT.

i didn't know steak 'n shake was public. Good insider ownership and institution ownership, i want to buy, but don't you think restraunts are going to fall soon with retail? The stock BH looks good but i don't think most people understand how to value companies and it may get dragged down more.

thanks for starting a thread that doesn't have anything to do with crypto OP

because youre a fag. crypto is here to stay. sage 2 billion times

Nobody is answering because this board is full of neets who are trying to make a quick buck and right now crypto is providing that. Fken stockfags kys

Retail is falling because people just buy things online. People will still go out to eat, and this company will continue to grow. I don't mean to sound like an advertiser, but SnS has the best deals around (see attached). People will realize this, and SnS will grow very big very very quickly. Also the whole Cracker Barrel thing I talked about in the post, great opportunity there.

>crypto is here to stay
we know. Just stay in your own threads.

WE ALL KNOW ABOUT CRYPTO.

you guys are becoming sperg lords that nobody is going to listen to soon just because of how you guys go about pumping. I own ETH, but i also come onto this board to discuss all sorts of things relating to finance not just crypto. Why is this so hard for you newfag crypto pumpers to understand. We all know you just got into crypto and your dick is hard, but there is the real world outside of your computer screen.

>crypto fags don't understand business
there you go, i fixed your statement

could you give me a link directing me to the cracker barrel deal?

have u been to a steak n shake? the food is pretty mediocre desu. also it took 1 hour for my food to arrive. its inconveniently in the middle of a casual sit down restaurant and a wendys

Here is a good article about how he is pretty much at the maximum allowed: seekingalpha.com/article/3602736-cracker-barrel-board-picks-losing-battle-sardar-biglari

It's pretty obvious that he wants them, there is SO much that can be improved if he takes it over. Cracker Barrel has done some pretty stupid decisions (e.g. holler and dash) and the executives know that. That's why they don't want him running the company, they would all get fired immediately. But he will once he gets the capital, and he will make so many improvements on cracker barrel like he did with SnS.

I've always had good food there with not that much waiting time. The service is a little iffy, but that really depends on the location. Otherwise, I personally like it better than every other place, especially with the cheapness of the food (and not in a bad way, either).

so he is the one that acquired SnS under BH? when did he do that. Im interested in this. My gf and her family LOVE SnS and alot of old people LOVE cracker barrel. i just want to know if he really has changed SnS or has been milking it.

He took it over in August 2008 (IDK why I got the date so wrong in OP but whatever) and turned it around VERY fast. Just look at this: biglariholdings.com/financials/2010/Reports/Biglari Holdings Form 10-Q 1st quarter 2010.pdf.

You can see that from 2008 to 2009 SnS went from losing 3.4 million to gaining 5.5 million, all in one year. By the way, he also owns some other popular brands, like Maxim Magazine and Western Sizzlin'.

He also owns First Guard Insurance, forgot to include that.

nice find, ill buy a few at 421

if you want a cheap stock right now looking to move much higher, maybe 50%-100% look into NMM not such as long term as BH but still good

might look into it later, hopefully it's a good find

i think they both are

any other stocks that look undervalued?

I had SD a long time ago and it went BK i lost a good chunk of money. But they restructured and are now back up and trading, it looks undervalued i just hope they don't screw over share holders like before. According to finviz their income is smaller than their marketcap.

Another one im looking at is RAIL, not sure how that kind of business works so im trying to look into it more.

But do you have any others to look into?

Why is the company so cheap though?

It's cheap as fuck, quality is better than comparable places, and usually no niggers inside like the typical McDonalds in my area.

The food is really unhealthy though, but the fuck cares Wendys is similar and charges double the price.

Because investors are idiots. It might be because of the debt it has recently incurred, but it's all easily repayable.

Do you think they will do well in an economic downturn?

Offering $4 meals when times are tougher would be a godsend right?

Another one I've been looking at is BABB. I think there's some value in there.

It's an amazing thing, really. When economic times are good, people have more disposable income, and go out to eat more often. When it is bad, people go to cheap places like SnS because they don't have enough money to go to more expensive places. It's like they can't lose.

i usually only like to keep a few OTC stocks at a time in my portfolio, ill keep BABB on my radar, right now it just doesn't have enough liquidity for me, im currently in ICLD if i get out and BABB liquidity has improved i might look into starting a position good to know some people here are actually in OTCmarkets it seems most are just newbs

true, people will want to go somewhere cheap like SnS for food in an economic downturn, sure it would be even cheaper to make it, but we know how people are.

I can see the liquidity problem, it trades very rarely.

Any opinions on OTC:MCEM?

reddit.com/r/stocks/comments/68kxrs/otc_mcem_monarch_cement_co/

Ether grew by 80% last week. Fuck you OP things that make money are considered sound business principles

This.
their staff are always young teens with little to no experience expected to run and maintain a fifties style restaurant that runs 24/7 in 2017. Always dirty, mismanaged, small portions.
Seriously, who are you trying to fool?

My nigger

You must be in some grime town. Perhaps that one location is a dump. They just opened up all over texas. I was in florida in 2002 and met a girl at a steak and shake, she changed my life. The BH stock that owns this seems very strong but its got a wild value history. ..Very similar strategy to Buffet. SnS @421 is immensley overpriced. You sold me at First Guard, its like a copy of buffet here. Nice find op

Why did ETH skyrocket so hard in the last 2-3 Weeks? Wtf happened?

>I met my girl at a steak and shake
>steak and shake
>changed my life

Wew lad

For a long term hold look at ROL. It's sitting at a little over 38 but it's a consistent gainer. They are also expanding overseas to the Middle East and Australia. Also with Zika still on the radar and they are making a proprietary formula to sterilize rats.

Yeah, man!

Speaking of "value" im sitting through an earthquale in the pacific northwest u.s.a. if anyone wants to daytrade infrastructure

Earth. Quake.