/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Other urls found in this thread:

buildbot.libretro.com/
github.com/libretro/redream-next
github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/releases
github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/3956
patreon.com/posts/vita-emulation-15996956
forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GSDX-Upscaling-Bug-Report-Grand-Theft-Auto-San-Andreas-NTSC-U
imgur.com/a/MVeyd
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/7p2rik/redream_has_gone_closedsource/dsfbmh2/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Previous thread.

vita emulator when

Why are so many emulator devs fags or trannys? Is this the nature FOSS?

Former citra devices here, I haven't really done anything relevant over a year

ty for that image
i found something nice today

Thanks for the idea, I was wondering what to waste money on on AliExpress.

Huh. I thought they had them on the buildbot.
buildbot.libretro.com/
But it only goes back to 1.6. The 'archive' folder there is empty.

Good morning retarded faggot. Here we go again:
It's called "RPCS3".
I'm having a Deja Vu now.
And I also had it yesterday.
And the day before that.
And practically the entire past week.
Seriously fuck you, you fucking retard.
You already know fucking perfectly the fucking answer, so stop fucking asking the exact same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

It's been a while since I last used MAME, does newer version of MAME ROMs work with older version of MAME?

Will RPCS3 use more cores in the future? Would an Ryzen 1700 be a good investment for that?

Even if it did, your CPU will be obsolete by the time it happens, also, buying CPU for future purposes is retarded, stop being retarded.

No, if you're buying a CPU right now hoping "RPCS3 will run at full speed in the future with this CPU!" forget about it.
As it gets more accurate it will also get slower.

rip redream

Might as well go with 1700X for $10 more at $309 post-price drop.

Before considering emulation performance. Unfortunately by that time the second gen will be coming out but still.

How is it dead just by going close source? Demul is close source and it's better.

he's also charging for binaries now

>RPCS3
Isnt it for PS3?

>start charging for binaries
>close the source so people can't build themselves

genius

The only flaw in his plan is that there's nothing worth charging for, and there likely never will be anything worth charging for.

So I guess "rip redream, dead for people who can't afford to shell out $5"

But here's the thing, why would someone shell out $5 for Redream when they could get DEmul or Reicast which are both free and better than Redream?

Then why so much drama?

How about wanting to support development.

you're both missing the point though, what I mean is that general interest in it will most likely die now

People are obviously interested in Wii U development(just look at CEMU) yet Decaf is mostly dead.

Trying to play some Virtual Boy games in retroarch and they all appear like this. This has happened with PS1 games in the past, but randomly corrected itself.

Anyone know whats up with this?

>Langrisser series lacks a lot of english patches

>he still hasn't learned japanese
fuck off byuu

They are mentally ill.

>SP: I am famous for my dedication to the project and for my hard work and effort and persistence, nothing else

Priceless

Wanna know how I know that you're a filthy gaijin?

Jiro has a job, SP not.

Dedication is what matters, not the money, SP could be living innawoods and live a happier live than yours.

No, he constantly needs attention.

unrip :^)
github.com/libretro/redream-next

>every file looks like it was written by SP

Seeing how he is spending his time by regularly posting wall of texts to defend himself and attacking others, I think it's safe to say he is not so much an 'happy ' man with an 'happy' life. Someone with an 'happy' life would not create drama over every little things people say or do and would not take people criticisms about a video game emulation application so much seriously.

github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/releases
github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/3956
patreon.com/posts/vita-emulation-15996956

The speedrunning community and fighting games community are also full of trannies for some reason, maybe everything related to video games are a nest for degeneration.

I said 'could be' and just because you're outspoken doesn't automatically make you an unhappy person, for example, I'm pretty sure Gordon Ramsay qualifies as a happy man.

Just came across a flash drive with hundreds of .smc roms but Higan doesn't support them. What's the best snes emulator nowadays?

higan

It's really hard to create emulator. I really want to participate, but I guess my knowleges isn't enough for job like this. This guys make a great thing.

Even if them will release it, it will be unoptimized for a long time. Good emulators creates for decades.

Could you repeat that, but in English?

Anyone have a link to a Raspberry Pi guide? I'm thinking about doing one of those mini SNES conversions.

Sorry, I only speak serbian.

Someone go on Discord and tell SP to calm the fuck down and stop posting

> Most of the guys you cape for are in this to make some ill-begotten money

$973 on patreon

> wake up and smell the coffee
SP a cranberries fan confirmed

>new low:
>SP said some lies, Enverex calmly pointed them
>SP begs moderator to censor Enverex

Any difference between the paid and latest root-less patched version of DraStic?
Like in performance or whatever.

Since the thread is on page 5 despite SP throwing an autistic shitfit big enough to make inolen look like the sane one heres a PCSX2 bug reporting shitshow

forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GSDX-Upscaling-Bug-Report-Grand-Theft-Auto-San-Andreas-NTSC-U
>guy makes a descriptive bug report with screenshots of the issue
>Tester 1 comes in and closes the issue immediately declaring it as invalid for no reason whatsoever
>2 months later Tester 2 comes in and reopens the issue and labels it properly
They can't even agree among themselves. At least Tester 2 is doing his job.

nobody should be censored, Enverex just needs to learn that not every thread is a soapbox for him to rag on SP again.

And BTW, hi Enverex. :)

Why the fuck does he feel the need to reply to every little thing? What possible purpose does this serve other than make him look worse? Christ, he should just stop posting already

Schizophrenia combined with autism? Paranoia combined with autism? Something something combined with autism?

>Why the fuck does he feel the need to reply to every little thing
Autism+narcissism+paranoia is a really crippling combo

The only reason Enverex is ragging on YOU is because he feels that YOUR behavior is dragging down RetroArch. Especially when you threaten to ban him, are you having a power trip or something.

Learn when to shut the fuck up before you bring the whole thing down around you.

areyou projecting again?

lmao he edited that out

Has anyone managed to emulate Drakengard beyond native res without tons of graphical issues? Biggest issue is just vertical lines during special attacks but the only fix seems to be cranking up skipdraw to 30, but that introduces even worse issues.

I completed it using OpenGL renderer back in 2015

Yeah that's what I'm using. Can get it looking pretty good aside from the white lines during special attack effects, but I can live with that if I have to. I haven't found any solutions anywhere else so I figured I'd just check in here.

imgur.com/a/MVeyd

Take that, you edit princess.

Did he just try to ping a subreddit instead of a user?

Is there any way to actually get 240p out of PCSX2? There is a huge amount of tearing if you simply use stretch with the GS window.

What are the best ways to emulate OoT, MM and Paper Mario 64?

Project64 or Dolphin versions, or the 3DS ports?

I know P64 has a mediocre reputations and 3DS emu is still not perfect, and I don't know what's the consensus on the Zelda remakes themselves (I know they changed stuff that trigger old fans but also improved other areas?).

Ideally an emulator where I can map a fast-forward button on my controller.

What's the emulator on the OP? And why emulate CT Instead of playing the PC version?

Is SP a very stable genius?

RPCS3. And presumably to show it works, because the emulator is on early stages of development.

OoT 3D is great, MM3D isn't. But neither are really all that great in Citra. Tons of audio issues and microstuttering. If you have to emulate them, go for the N64 versions.

Looking through formatting guides, apparently. u/ is for users, r/ is for subs. But is that really a bad thing?
Like, people here get enough shit for actually being familiar with that site's formatting at all. Hideous double spacing being called reddit spacing and whatnot.
It's sort of hypocritical of Veeky Forums as a whole to mock its MISUSE here, even in the context of the post being on that site. Hilariously so, of course, but still.

>OoT 3D is great, MM3D isn't
MM has c-lit camera control and save anytime, probably more. So its 3DS version has more benefits compared to OoT's. They both had their atmosphere/feeling changed about the same amount, I personally believe for the better.
So saying OoT3D is great while MM3D isn't makes zero sense, when talking about the games themselves. Are you talking about how well they emulate on Citra instead?

And you're probably going to get some form of stutter regardless. N64 shits don't exactly run at exactly 20FPS all the time. Unless ParaLLEl can pull some magic framerate bullshit, which would be cool.

parallel + angrylion

I thought OoT3D ran pretty much perfectly in Citra

Yeah, thank you. That is a very pretty image indeed. See, that elf is one I would fuck. Glad to see you're finally listening to your memetic threadly (You)s.

>As it gets more accurate it will also get slower.

So you're saying that it will require something even more powerful than an i7-7700k to run demanding games properly? Because you need an i7 just to run Demons Souls at a playable level.

>Tons of audio issues and microstuttering.
Most/all of the issues have been fixed last time I checked, what you're probably experiencing is Citra's awful audio timestretching which you should disable.

>And you're probably going to get some form of stutter regardless. N64 shits don't exactly run at exactly 20FPS all the time.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure both Zelda games on the Nintendo 64 natively run at sub 22fps.

According to their games tab on their website it runs "perfectly", I downloaded it and booted it up and immediately the title screen audio was off and a bit choppy, I guess "perfect" means shit when it comes to Citra.

They're locked to 20fps (less of PAL IIRC) and have framedrops below that.

>Citra's awful audio timestretching which you should disable.

Thanks, this made the audio much better. There is still some very minor audio crackle at some points on the intro screen to OoT but the audio quality itself sounds much better now.

Eyeballs on bosses ruin everything. I couldn't care less about the camera controls or the improved saving.

bigly. truly a tremendously humble superhuman.

Why the flying fuck did Nintendo do that!? The original boss fights were *perfect*.

What about the Dolphin versions? Can I get an opinion on them?

>virtual console
nah

What's wrong with them, technically?

Random crashes

short answer: google it:
long answer: less accurate than standalone

bump

no one knows?

What sort of performance gains will RPCS3 get with SPU LLVM compared to the ASMJIT?

Apparently enough worth adding it, eventually?

Can't really say, other than:
>Apparently enough worth adding it, eventually?
Yep.

it's a moot point because nekotekina will never get around to doing it

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/7p2rik/redream_has_gone_closedsource/dsfbmh2/

To be honest, I can't read this and imagine him typing this kind of rant then return to his stable and joyful manlife. He is literally melting down out of frustration.

I disagree. Whenever I burst out fucklong rants I'm always pretty damn happy to do so.