/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging. Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 9th of January:
1127 – Jin–Song Wars: Invading Jurchen soldiers from the Jin dynasty besiege and sack Bianjing (Kaifeng), the capital of the Song dynasty of China, and abduct Emperor Qinzong of Song and others, ending the Northern Song dynasty.
1349 – The Jewish population of Basel, believed by the residents to be the cause of the ongoing Black Death, is rounded up and incinerated.
1839 – The French Academy of Sciences announces the Daguerreotype photography process.
1909 – Ernest Shackleton, leading the Nimrod Expedition to the South Pole, plants the British flag 97 nautical miles (180 km; 112 mi) from the South Pole, the farthest anyone had ever reached at that time.
Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
EU4 DD 09/01
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1064278

CK2 DD 04/12
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058783

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes v0.2 - 12/10/2017
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.2 - 14/12/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Music Mod
pastebin.com/UxQnvV3Y

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/aekrylov/vic2_economy_analyzer/releases
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1093653565
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Wars
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting

La Plata

EVERY MAN A KANG

La plata poster BTFO

why?

There is some strange stuff going on with Japan in this version. It looks like they almost never upgrade their factories and have huge unemployment. Happens in every save.

in my current save they stopped developing their industry around 1905

>6 days until MEIOU update

>Sweden dismantled the Empire during the league war
>Catholicism only exists in central Italy
>China has exploded thrice now

ITT /gsg/ wakes up in 1936 Kaiserreich

white men

i wasnt alive in 1936 ye fucking nigger

t. underage

FUCK YOU VLADIVOSTOK SHILL

In the scenario of Kaiserreich? Or as a subject of the German Empire or vassal state?

So how do I play HOI 4 without the AI fucking my shit up at a peace conference and taking everything I conquered?

yeehaw

Religious map (Colours are changed from vanilla, but you're smart boys, you'll figure it out)

Oh boy, better get ready to fight La Plata.

>tfw my country fell to leftists
>tfw will watch as my country fall to leftists again

Do great wars even happen anymore in the new HPM?

Let me explain how score works.

Score is calculated by how many casualties you have taken, how many provinces you have occupied (VP provinces are worth more) and how much industry you destroyed with strategic bombing.

Basically the more you contribute to war, the more score you have for demands. You cannot demand more than half your score per turn. If you pass the turn you get extra score for your next turn. Each country has a turn, the one who contributed the more goes first.

When I defeated Axis as Poland, I had contributed 86% of score. That allowed me to devour Germany on the first turn. Since I had so much score, I also took Slovakia, Hungary and almost the entire Italy.

The other thing you should know is that justified states or cores are much, much cheaper to demand. And that you cannot demand a capital if you cannot eat the whole country that turn.

What should I do with the remainder of the USA?

May as well blob it up. You took even California.

I didn't 'take' it. I extended slavery and it joined me during the civil war.

You already fucked up by splitting it up on the Canadian border so just take the rest of it.

t. underage "white men" from vladivostok thinking this was a super witty falseflag

tfw no vicky mod that takes place in terraformed Mars in 3200 after Earth is destroyed due to WW4

tfw no prehistoric vicky2 mod where you trade fur for shiny rocks and constantly migrate your people until you're ready to settle down

Victoria 2
Japan game where i puppet as much of asia as possible while only conquering and retain ownership of the islands in the pacific for an actually east asia co prosperity sphere?
or an America game, 50 states plus the canal and gitmo, puppet the rest of the new world, and retain ownership of the islands with no cores on them, deport afro-Americans to Liberia and other afro-cultures in the Caribbean islands to puppets that accept them, and edit reconstruction events to make only yankee accepted and see if I can become 100% Yankee by games end

post economy analyzer results of a save, pic related
github.com/aekrylov/vic2_economy_analyzer/releases

Finally.

I also got the Arabian Coffee cheevo. Professionalism increased quite a bit once my troos had their full drill, if I'm not mistaken professionalism gain increases when your troops are fully drilled, I didn't know that before.

Nice work man !

What should I play now? (still eu4 of course)

people are so obsessed with the revolutionary population and goods system of a 2009 game about the victorian era that they are willing to see mods of it in just about any era.

on the meantime no company focused on strategy, including paradox, could put 1 and 1 together and release newer games with similar mechanics.

If you go for achievements try to get qinq of china.
If you want a challenge, try to recreate british empire at it's peak while capturing all of india

Hmm, I might have done a campaign in which I did a better version of the british empire. I took all of Japan, all of India, the ENTIRE coast of Africa, except the gulf of Aden (you know the saudi-somali thingy). And I had caribbean and some east coast usa. I also had philippines and some stuff down there. Not sure how good it is in comparison in game development, but a real world empire like that would surely be much more powerful.

>1349 – The Jewish population of Basel, believed by the residents to be the cause of the ongoing Black Death, is rounded up and incinerated.
W&B

>cheevo

Oh no,no you use what REAL great britain had in it's peak, and if you want development then you gotta invest in your own land, so that basically means you can't get entire carribean just like that
You don't get tired of that shitty germany meme ?

What do you mean? Oh and I also took that cheeco where I had developed the british isles provinces to 20 or 30 or whatever it is.

Go for the Nubian Egypt achievement

you play Vicky huh Germania guy? see I want to see some economies
use the second to newest version in the github because the newest one is bugged IIRC

Ok let's hope this map is good enough.
Check north america, you can colonize only parts of thirteen colonies but you can't go anywhere near louisiana and california.That's what i meant, you basically get all the land british owned at one point
This achiev would be great too

Ok, so just simply put, do exactly the same as the real GBr did.

That's right ! only difference is you get to keep thirteen colonies

ON IT

So is this a third version? I don't want to have to download this shit again.

Yeah ok. Maybe another time. I'm thinking about doing that custom nation cheevo in which you take british isles as a norse religion minor.

WE

>that Mexico
just take it all already

Does Ming even explode in EUIV now?

Only a few times when they go to war against Oirat and the Mancurian tribes and get fucked

>if I'm not mistaken professionalism gain increases when your troops are fully drilled
You are.

Isn't kebab like less than 1% of the population of Poland?
Feel bad for that particular kebab.

I feel disgust.

Is this a new beginning?

What increases it then? I am 100% sure it did increase more rapidly than it did earlier at least.

Is he dare I say it /ourguy/

I don't know man, turks in poland have been rebelling for a long time now 7 out of 10 times i will get 80% cabbage and 20% meat in my kebab

Stop bullying our diaspora wh*Toid

Could you record the timeline and post it on /wsg/?

Recruiting Generals and drilling. Going above force limit by some amount increases the gain by another .1, but other than that there's no way to increase the rate of gain.

What did you expect, it's a template for future shoreline improvement (which is what I'm doing right now)

No, Ming is fucking ridiculous now.
Before update 1.24 I had never seen them stay behind on institutions for a long time.
Now it's 1600 and they have a 250% malus and they still manage to have just two less tech levels than me (While I am on top of everyone).

What is the most efficient way of increasing it as fast as possible, without spamming generals?

What one should do is basically:
>be over force limit
>drill all of the troops
And that's it?

W&B

And spamming generals.

It is apparently based on a real map with the lowest points being filled with water
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1093653565

Yes. Only slightly and only if you have enough money for it. I'm not sure what percentage you needed to be over to get the extra .1 however.

Tell me how to get admin efficiency please?

Tech and get Absolutism. Trigger the C&C event and get above 60 Absolutism. I'm pretty sure this is all on a wiki somewhere.

r8?

>Trigger the C&C
What's that? Have patience with me, it's easier to ask you than to search in the wiki.

Yeah it is, this is the one The main problem is that turning it into all black and white makes everything squareish, but it's still the easiest way to do it.

It's fixed second. I didn't properly test out before uploading it yesterday and it resulted in Orange never spawning.

Court and Country.

r8

Will the Cape save I'm running still work or do I have to start over?

Uhmm Prußen, you ok there bro?

Do party loyalty only affect elected goverment or do it also affect upper house?

Is it me, or is France in EUIV in a really shitty trade position? The Area of France encompasses four(!) trade nodes: North Sea, Bordeaux, Champagne and Genoa. Two of these are end nodes, but the other two flow into both of the end nodes. In fact France's home trade node (Bordeaux) flows into both Genoa and North Sea, meaning France will retain very little of the wealth that flows in from overseas, and in fact much of its domestic wealth will be siphoned into Italy and Britain.

Of course you can say that France can always switch its home trade node to Genoa or North Sea, but that has its own problems. First of all, France can never dominate the North Sea trade node without blobbing into England. Genoa has more or less the same problem: France cannot dominate it without blobbing into both Italy and Aragon. And even then, France would have to redirect trade from Champagne and Bordeaux towards its preferred trade node, lest it risks its own domestic wealth being siphoned to the other trade node.

Am I overlooking something here, or is France's position indeed really shit tradewise? Its position tells me the country would be bleeding trade that other countries, not France itself, can eventually capitalize on. Even Spain is in a beter position, considering it mostly needs to focus on Seville and can afford to ignore Bordeaux. It mostly needs to prevent wealth flowing towards Bordeaux or Genoa and that's it.

loving it

>I had a 42k stack in his territory I forgot about and he stack wiped it.
>Can't rebuild it because no one is producing canned food

>241 possible regiments
How? Did you outlaw serfdom? If so, this is an illegitimate run and you need to delete your game.

That's my second campaign and I am still playing vanilla.

I thought I told you to get HPM, you Scandi fuckboi?

Well they were never a country of traders like england or netherlands, their region already is very good beacuse of development in their culture group+blobbing into italy was what they did en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Wars

Why are there hundreds of secondary powers in divergence of darkness? Is there any way to reduce them to 8 again?

No, I am the guy who made this shit

>their region already is very good beacuse of development in their culture group
So what you're saying is that French wealth is more dependent on production rather than trade?

Yes that's it, but problem with france is that you will ALWAYS blob into someone considering that you are squeezed beetwen 3 major powers

Oh. I see you quickly assimilated from quality posting to short soundbites for attention, you're a true /gsg/er now.
Seriously though get a mod. h8 vanilla

You are forgetting about the English Channel trade node, which with a little amount of blobbing into the Netherlands becomes the strongest trade node in the world.

Rate my Lithurija
(I tried to amalgamate Lithuania and Imperija)

Thanks lad, here's another one

Nothing interesting has happened so far, except if you don't want to hear a story how the genius plan of the Austrian government to invest in cement factories led to a budget deficit and mass unemployment.

r8 again

what is this?