Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, with a fall 2018 PC release.
↳Third PS4 beta with a bonus Nergigante quest announced for 19th-22nd of January, no PS+ required.
↳Elder Dragons Trailer 1/5: youtube.com/watch?v=lmwxyM3sPwc
↳Deviljho Trailer 1/5: youtube.com/watch?v=kahQKbMiJ5U
↳Full 2018 Winter Event Livestream: youtube.com/watch?v=A1YcjzUomLs
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Moveset Changes: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gamer.ne.jp/news/201801060004/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Remember to eat your veggies(meat)!

I'll just double dip. I don't want to be late to the party and will hope someone will figure out how to transfer save games and stuff.

You forgot to edit out the spoonfeeding on the password.

>it's another spoonfeeder OP

>muh super sekrit elitist club

>no end game
>no minmaxing armor sets and variety
>no monsters
>no greatsword charge
>fucked up the art style
>no goofy charm to the animations
This game has already been the biggest disappointment of the decade for me.

>he doesnt want a casual filter

>no catlolis

Do monster hunter crossover events ever bring in monsters from other franchises?

never

no. you fight monsters that are in the game and get an item in the rewards that lets you forge weapons/armor from other games

Spoon-feeding in OPs is fine because that's what they're made for: being the link to all relevant information MH related. The only casual filters we need are in the games.

>He wants less people playing the game.
Found the epeen faggot.

no one plays online anyway, the rooms are all dead except for the odd XX person
and if you do play online, you're a shitter.
lonehunta all the way

Have they fixed this? Either everyone's ordering the same thing or they have very few food models because all I ever see is this or the fish dish in Astera's canteeb

yes they finally added in the different meal models, can be seen in the 2018 Winter Stream video

>he thinks if someone cant get into a room theyll quit the game

I love that scene in the trailer where he shows up over looking the hunter. Odo is quickly becoming my favorite new mon hopefully he's fun to fight

sweaty huntresses

It's in preparation for world, god knows we'll need every casual filter we can get.

This game does have a tutorial though. Eeverything before entering Astera's gates is a dedicated tutorial and your handler will be dumping pro tips on you constantly

>Great Jaggi
>Monster Hunter World

Oh you're the shitposter. Okay.

Here's a fail-safe casual filter: solo play

I am going to go through the entire game solo first. But then come some comfy /mhg/ huntan rooms. Gotta make sure they stay comfy.

You're the one making retarded assumptions. And if I like the game i dont care if 3 people play it. Id play it anyway People that only play games for massive playerbases are cancer anyway

Nothing anyone does changes anything about that.
The thread has been complete garbage for over an entire gen yet the rooms were always "comfy"

12-5456-5320-9854
xx room still up

Why isn't Capcom honest? Why don't they just admit the game is here for new players and they didn't plan anything to keep the veterans busy?

Never

like most companies video game or otherwise they know dedicated fans will buy anything

G級クエストはどうなるのでしょうか?
-- What's going to happen with G Rank quests?

辻本氏:まだ決めていません。ひとまずは現在のシステムをベースに数回のアップデートを行い、モンスターを追加していく予定です。
Tsujimoto: We haven't decided yet. First we are planning on performing a number of updates based on the current system, adding more monsters that way.

藤岡氏:やりこみ要素や、幅を広げるような遊びも追加していけたらと考えています。
Fujioka: We also want to add more end-game content and ways to expand the way the game is played.

徳田氏:モンスター以外にもアップデートは用意していますので、楽しみにお待ちください。
Tokuda: We've preparing updates that include things other than monsters, so look forward to them.

gamer.ne.jp/news/201801060004/

it will be DLC expansion or a rerelease called world g or world ultimate... LIKE USUAL

>bird wyvern armour as sexy as elder dragons armour if not more
Is MHW /ourgame/ ?

I want it to be the 26th now.

Is Hunsterverse any good? The method for setting it up seems sketchy as fuck

mhw is our game just because of all the new technology that went into huntresses.

Too bad female armors are still utter garbage

we make do with what we have

>World will literally be HD Frontier
How people couldn't see this coming?

F L A T

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that I don't care.

watermelon

I want to make out with a Huntress's navel.

What area will Kirin first appear in?

Are we there yet?

9 more days for the beta
16 days for the full game

Don't forget it was still made in Japan and I don't think they're very big on asses. On top of that from what the artbooks say they don't want hunters to be too sexy so big boobs and round butts are toned down to what we got

>all this waifuautism

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

more days before another taste

It's going to be a platform like sfv, with seasons and shit until they launch arcade mode aka G-rank

Not appreciating huntressposting is a good way to prove that you don't belong in /mhg/ and that you're a homo

wrong version.. oh well. that's for xboners i guess

i called it as soon as i heard there were going to be daily login bonuses/guilds
not a bad thing though, early frontier was amazing.

>No GS charge
Anyone who played it knows GS has had its biggest tactical overhaul in the series with three separate charge attacks, cancel charged tackles and double wide slash. What in the fuck are you talking about man?

this pleases me

You mean they completely ruined the weapon by changing the playstyle everyone loved and was used to in order to get ebin flippy special moves?

>the playstyle everyone loved
*the playstyle casuals loved

he is talking about """"optimal""" play

You could make your lies less obvious you know. It's more effective bait if people think the post is real.

Everyone knows GS in World is better than sheath, unsheathe, charge.

>that fucking flashing

That's the fucking weapon. GS is supposed to be simple. Leave this stupid superarmor, succesive move unlock bullshit to other shit weapons. GS is supposed to be easy to pick up, hard to master. It's supposed to be all about knowing monster patterns inside out, not superarmoring through attacks for ebin flips. You fucking retards don't even play GS and have a vendetta against it for some reason.

But I'm a casual

>normal level 3 charge has an MV of 90
>strong level 3 charge has an MV of 96
>true level 3 charge has a combined MV of almost 240+
>level 3 tackle + jumping wide slash has a combined MV of almost 160+
>there is no point in using anything except the true charge because it does more damage than both previous charges combined
>even if you didn't want to use the true charge you'd be better off tackle-cancelling every charge into a jumping wide slash
worst timeline

I hope this game comes with a seizure warning

>hard to master
>literally use one move

these absurd overkill attacks are a comfy reminder that frontier will never give into casual whining.

>hard to master

>hard to master

>hard to master
>GS

>Fujioka: We also want to add more end-game content and ways to expand the way the game is played.
Bring back treasure hunts.

>GS is supposed to be easy to pick up, hard to master
>hard to master
GS is easy to pick up AND easy to master. The easiest to master in fact, and pretty much the second easiest to pick up after SnS.

Look, I understand that you're a filthy casual. You're scared of game mechanics and that's why optimal cancel routes frighten you. The idea of having to actually know how to play your weapon is a new world that you've never prepared yourself for. Having to think about the best time to cancel into a true charge, or shoulder tackle, or charge cancel for positional play is a thought process you haven't even begun to understand.
The answer is simple though my friend.
Just stop being a casual.

how to spot a gunnerbab

sky corridor!

>Treasue Dragon
Wow

Is your command of the English language so weak that you don't know what the word mastery means? Are you implying anyone of you here is capable of playing GS anywhere near optimally? Are you implying any of you retards is even aware what that demands of a player?

Dudes. I dont know what to say. I've GS mained since GS was introduced. Probably got more than 5k hours in the fucker alone. Admittedly at first I was "oh fuck they broke it ima gonna cry", but now I love it after adjusting. One thing I do miss the cheeky kick slap combo. But the new GS is meaty as fuck, particularly when you land a whole charged combo string and land the final ebin flippy speccy move. World GS is best GS
I know this is pasta but releasing a normal charge early (roughly lv 2) is super efficient at removing tails (>100dmg) rather than trying for huge cancels and super wiffs.

*treasure

SEETHING

>this thread

BRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP