/ggg/ - Guilty Gear General

UNGA edition

Previous thread Beginner's Guide: docs.zoho.com/writer/published/3s2nhd0dcc35f4f504b4f91707d369ee87b9f

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/guilty_gear

Make lobbies, have fun. When making a lobby, please mention region, platform, and how long you plan on keeping it open. And don't play on WiFi.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EJ4n1Yg0VXM
youtube.com/watch?v=hIw7oeZKpZc
clips.twitch
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

venom

Good job, Venom user.

Not much usually but I've been putting more time in lately

This is a good general how can a general be this nice.

because I don't post in here, but now it's fucking ruined forever

I-No is disgusting. Just try and change my opinion.

Can't afford to be dicks when you're a tiny community that relies on lobbies to ever get to play.

Because we enable and coddle the weak in stead of reminding them that if getting up after a fall and trying again was all it took to win then we'd all be winners.

Tenacity pays off. If it didn't, I would have never passed the first grade, let alone make it into college.

Also I love my wife and I always try my hardest to improve so that I can protect her smile
Sorry for the autism.

Best Wife

no argument from me

Are you apologizing for your autism or for Millia's?

We're both retarded, that's for sure

anyone wanna do a couple sets
usa

Thanks, Bedman.

Debatable.

Ramlethal best girl.

>Ramfags

not into feet but ram is still the best
dizzy is pretty good too
don't care for the others too much

Steam just go down for anybody else?

it's tuesday

friends list is down for me so immah say yeah
oh the joy of maintenance day

>that time steam maintenance didn't happen until like 9:30 instead of around 7
>no it happens anywhere from 7-7:40
steam pls

I'll never worship feet, especially not white feet

Give her the burger.

is the story mode just a 5 hour + long cutscene?

yes and it's a wild ride

ECPC

3 Cabinets to encourage opponent switching edition.

e5rb

As a footfag I can appreciate a character like Ram but the way her feet are modeled in game are kind of lame.

Yes

>everyone says Chumpkin is one of the worst characters
>get dumpstered by every single one I play against

Slayer main by the way, should I feel bad? Pic unrelated

He's one of Slayer's worst matchups. Also he's not as bad as what grappler fags claim.

>what's he gonna do, anti air me?
t. man who got anti aired 4 times in a row

stop throwing hammers. it's wrecking my ki

>tfw splitting time between too many characters

i hope that you enjoy the pope mom ride

I hope that you guys don't mind my drawfagging.
This is my first attempt in a couple of years in drawing an actually challenging pose. I guess I could consider the two sketches I posted last thread as warm ups to this.
It's rough, incomplete, and the perspective is fucked, but it's 4 AM and I'm supposed to wake up in 4 hours so that's it for today.

>tfw splitting time between too many games

GGs EC†PC. Thanks for hosting Robfig.

GGs to Mishiman, Paragon, and Wallet. Great matches all around.

Also, Paragon:
>youtube.com/watch?v=EJ4n1Yg0VXM
Seriously, the drums are insane on this.

Thanks for sharing, user. I have to start challenging myself with more complex poses too. I posted pic related in the last thread after drawing it.

GGs Gear those games felt like they pushed me to the limit and that I always had a chance to win and I loved it.

>I posted pic related in the last thread after drawing it.
I saw that, saved both of your drawings actually. I love your style

Thanks. I've been working on defining my style for a while now. I've been drawing most of my life, but in an on and off fashion.
It's not GG, but pic related is from practice from late August 2017. It's nice to see that I can still improve after all these years. As you can see, I have a fascination with one eye being hidden on characters I draw.

Yeah, there's a visible improvement.
Something nice about drawing is that if you recognize and pick up certain skills and concepts and focus on those you're going to see improvement very quickly.
About the "always covering one eye" thing, it really adds to your style. Personally I can't help but inadvertently fall back on a sort of generic, graceful looking artstyle, and it negatively impacted that silly Leo sketch I posted last thread. Meanwhile your Millia looks like she just got done listening to Dopesmoker or some shit, and that's really fucking cool IMO.

The improvement is very clear, and as cute as the hair covering one eye is, it's not good to always do that. It seems like a crutch(I used to do that too). Great work by the way.

>Dopesmoker
My nigga.
youtube.com/watch?v=hIw7oeZKpZc
Thanks for the advice. Yeah I should probably make sure I don't over rely on not having to draw a second eye. Appreciate the feedback.

clips.twitch
.tv/TameAlertPangolinUWot

Send him a fight request someone please

why are you trying to promote yourself so hard

anyone wanna do some rematch sets
usa

Put one up and I'll go up to a FT10

h0io

>tfw I accidently uploaded a Dopesmoker version with a bunch of artifacts in the middle and it had like a few million views
I'm probably responsible for a bunch of bad trips

>tfw no magic git gud pill
feel like i hit my first wall and i am not sure what to do to get over it, no matter how many matches i play i feel like i'm not learning anything new anymore

>My nigga.
Sorry for disappointing, but that's not actually much to my taste. My music preferences are milder.
Anyway, I just found this really nice picture and I felt inspired again, so I guess I'll spend the rest of the night drawing after all.

What character do you play? You can always check out high-level match vids and compare that to what happens in your games.

Is there a pirate version of rev 2? I have the steam version, but need something without DRM for reasons. Is it hopeless?

No worries. It's a situational taste personally. lately I tend to listen to a lot of Clutch when drawing.
Speaking of which, I drew pic related to wind down after the EC†PC room. I'll give it a second look in the morning. G'night /ggg/.

yes there is a fitgirl repack of it, it doesn't have online though but the ruskies probably have a patch or another on there pirating sites you can look for

i do and i try to copy some of the stuff they do but without understanding the reasons behind why they do what they do i feel like i am not learning anything from watching those.

also having some frustrating execution errors where it's not just bad inputs, but stuff just not working and i don't know why. for instance somebody will be right on top of me and i try to wake up throw but it doesn't come out. or i will see them in the air and the angle is good and i 6p but their attack hits through my invuln anyways. not frustrating cause they failed but because i can't see why it didn't work and so it's hard to learn anything from those moments. though my execution in general is kinda sloppy, but i feel like there are more fundamental concepts i should be learning instead of labbing combos all day but i don't know what they are.

I know that exact feel. Hasn't gone away in all the time of Rev 2's Steam release.

6p has upper invul, works wonders most of the time and against iad, but doesn't always hit very high, so, moves that have far reach like may's anchor, or safe hurtboxes like Sol's jH can often get 6p to wiff or trade, and you need a different aa.
For throws, they could be leaving a slight space, jump right on your wakeup, or use a throw invul move like Baiken's 6k to bait a throw and counter hit you.

Usually when looking at other players, see how they pressure the opponent, and between extending that pressure to open the opponent with like an iad or forward moving attack, or the frame trap if you expect them to hit something in your open gap.

have you gotten better though

do slayer players ever stop pressing buttons

Only to bait you into pressing one.

I only push buttons when you push buttons

2H is more effective against Sol j.P/j.H

Learn your high damage combos/routes and start doing them in matches. S/HS starters are ideal. 5K/2K empty low in the corner is worth it too, since you'll make 50 meter or close to it anyway.

starter > 2D > sacred edge > weight appropriate ender
starter > 5H > 6K > 236D > sacred edge > DP loop + weight appropriate ender (usually c.S > 236D)

Do proper oki with low airdash / empty jump low

Make your offense more threatening. Ky can be a lot more irritating with something as simple as tickthrows and 6H/6K rebuy pressure.

Expanding on the above, Ky is still threatening even after getting pushed out. Start employing options to punish your opponent's habits - run up 2H to catch jumpouts (loses to normal contesting), just f.S, run under their airdash and airthrow back to corner, delayed stun edge, just sit there

Don't 6H on oki vs characters with reversals and seem to be churning it

Start recognizing risk/reward. You threw a lot of matches this way. It's kind of hard to put in words.
When your opponent has resources and you're low on life, playing cautious should be the norm.
Like when you're almost dead and your opponent has 60% life and 50+ meter. They'll probably do something "dumb" since the risk/reward is "if this hits I win, if it's punished I probably still have one more chance". Or they'll just use meter to make whatever they did safe.

Thanks for reading this ESL word vomit

not the guy your message was probably meant for but w/e
wouldn't have been able to tell you were esl without you saying it
and I got no idea what you mean by >rebuy pressure and >churning it

6H and 6K are frame advantageous on block. However they have lengthy startup, enough to get hit out of by an opponent disrespecting(mashing) during a blockstring.

If your opponent is DP happy and has DP'd almost every attempt to 6H on their wakeup, it's time to adjust

I just assumed you were the red and white Ky I was playing

You can Spacewar it through a Voksi fix. You need a friend who'll play with you though - but I assume that's why you need it in the first place.

>I just assumed you were the red and white Ky I was playing
hey its me

>Don't 6H on oki vs characters with reversals and seem to be churning it
with sol specifically i don't know what to do on oki, wakeup dp is too threatening to me and i haven't found a way to counter it if i bait it, besides just blocking it (which seems too obvious when i just run up and sit there and block). so a lot of times i would get a knockdown and not do anything because i don't know what to follow it up with, or just 6H in the hopes that you wouldn't DP. also i cant punish dp on block anyways.

i also was afraid to pressure too much by dashing after a 6H and continuing block string for the same reason, too scared of DP.

i will work on that other stuff though, sol is particularly frustrating for me to play against because i haven't found an answer to DP and also a lot of his specials come out so fast they are difficult for me to react to and i feel like they stuff any attempt i make at pressing buttons or trying to take momentum back.

your air game really messed me up too, i either would react too late or i would be so focused on it i get hit by ground specials, or react too fast and whiff when you jump because i am hyper focused on anti airing

actually productive posts?

>also i cant punish dp on block anyways.
Can you not throw it when he lands? That's usually my go-to. At least it's some kind of punish.

ah ok that makes a lot more sense
and for better phrasing since you mentioned being esl you should probably use
Reset pressure instead of rebuy pressure
and Don't 6h on oki vs characters with reversals "they seem to be relying on" instead of "and seem to be churning it"
other than those two things your spelling/grammar bretty gud and understandable
This reminded me of how much learning esl must suck and how I should be thankful for it being my native language but I also wish I coulda grown up bilingual. Win some lose some ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He is beauty! He is the cutest!

Can you give me advice, sempai?

Thanks for the corrections.

You can safejump off every knockdown but airthrow as Ky. I'm certain stun dipper KD is just microdash j.S, throw is manually timed walk > forward jump j.S. It can be a pain to time them, especially with everyone's different wakeup timings. Like every other option, it won't work everytime. Your opponent can blitz it into an unblitzable punish or just super.

Knockdowns off 2D, 2D > 236D, 236D > microdash 2D - should just go immediately into CSE.

Sol's DP is definitely punishable, just c.S when he lands. Bandit revolver too, just stand up (and preferably IB) the second hit.

DP fear, I don't know what to tell you. That's fighting games

Some things you can do:

1.) Sol safejump j.X - FDing it pushes Sol too far out for him to command grab without moving forward. Sol running forward after the safejump should be a big giveaway, and if he frametraps at that distance + timing, he really won't get much unless you're in the corner.
Not a total solution - if you FD the safejump and start mashing into Sol immediate 6P (no movement) you'll still lose. Same deal with run up > 5K/fast normal to make it look like a command grab attempt. Don't think any of us are on that level yet though.
2.) Gunflame YRC done too far away (if the GF won't touch you as soon as YRC freeze ends) - If you have space behind you, immediate airdash back > your biggest air button (j.H) isn't possible to punish unless Sol DPs. You lose space but don't have to deal with guessing. Sol is down 25 meter and has tension pulse penalty. If Sol gets that CH, one air hit DP close to the corner though
3.) Fafnir - often catches jump startup after Sol gets pushed out or after distant GF. Also advantageous on block. If you think it's coming you should just contest it appropriately, you did this a few times. Ky deals with it fairly well with his range.

Burning meter to FD him out, when(if) he opts for CH fishing(frametraps) will usually end his turn.

thanks for the advice, i will work on this stuff. i'll take a couple sets off of you some day.

Good luck

i play slayer and it seems dandy step midscreen is a bad idea. just block it then get punished hard . am i right?

dandy step into what? I assume you mean pilebunker or crosswise heel as those two are both unsafe on block. But underpressure and it's late are relatively safe options. For pilebunker and crosswise you have to have a good read on them pressing something or they will just block and punish you.

is crosswise the overhead kick?

Yea, it is K input after dandy step where he does a sort of flip. It has good invul and leads to a combo but it is terrible on block. It anti-airs well, and can beat out a number of moves, but it is very negative and leaves you right next to them so it is pretty easy to punish

I think you're thinking of Helter Skelter.
Is it the one where he hops over the opponent and creates a splash of energy?

No, you got it backwards.

Helterskelter is the braking stop
Crosswise is the flash kick

He even says it in Engrish

You don’t have to follow it up with a move. I’ve been catching a lot of people off guard by using it as a movement tool to get in range of bite or grab. If you’re unsure just YRC to cancel it

You know, /ggg/ needs more posts like these.

Ky gods, is it even possible to use 6H as oki against Pot? It feels like there's no range in which the automatic movement gorward doesn't put me right into buster territory.

Pot buster has no invul

I'm decently knowledgeable about Millia so if anyone wants to know about her oki or certain matchups (at least the ones that I'm familiar with) just ask and I'll try to make an informative post like the Ky user from before
There's not much to talk about her from a basic perspective because it pretty much boils down to "lame your opponent out by abusing your movement options and good attacks like 5P, 2K, f.S, pin until you get a KD into unreactable overheads", then it's all heavily matchup dependent from that point on

post more pictures of may

This is all I have, hopefully it's enough

It'll have to

Was a second /ggg/ character census ever made? I remember the first one being sort of inaccurate because some people reported their main twice or something

Don't think so and yeah that was the case.

>labbing and then you find yourself doing some stupid and fun little trick instead of the combos you still drop from time to time
It's a frame trap this time. I've only done the initial test of trying to mash against the dummy doing a playback and FD screws up the spacing and so, it's trash. I don't even think it gives that big of a reward, pretty sure the best thing you could get is a knockdown which could be turned into a combo with a RC. It was fun trying to get it to work, though.

no but it's not really necessary so soon. the poll maker was able to easily remove the dupes.

I am posting Robo-Ky in honour of the Cao Cao poster in /mbg/ that was posting in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a complete roster.