EVE Online General - /eog/

Best Dog Edition

Permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK for PLEXing?
Training 5M of a selection of 20M SP is actually F2P now (as well as the full amount of the already-trained latter). The skills listing is here:
community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/clone-states-the-next-steps/

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then find the Career Agents & run all of their missions. They give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Read the (outdated) /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/yr1SsqMm

>Focus Group Logs:
focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Currently:
>EVE Online: Arms Race
>updated F2P
>Daily Alpha Injectors
updates.eveonline.com/

Past:
>EVE Online: Lifeblood:
updates.eveonline.com/date/2017-10-24/
>Alpha ships re-balanced.. minigames, moonmining, refineries, and more!
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid, pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true).

>previous thread
Only Brainlets fly Tengus

Other urls found in this thread:

forums-archive.eveonline.com/message/62344/#post62344
youtube.com/watch?v=Rcn4YNYmNSI
zkillboard.com/kill/67170413/
zkillboard.com/kill/67196585/
youtube.com/watch?v=sK-ad7ShWrE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for blaster tengu

dead thread dead game

Medium Shield Booster

FW in dead time zones

forums-archive.eveonline.com/message/62344/#post62344

Is it viable to run a small gang (3-4 people) in cruisers and battlecruisers (maybe a BS) combat-siting through wormholes and nullsec? Will the cruisers get fucked by DED 5+/sleepers to the point where it isn't worth it without sacrificing PVP safety?

We were thinking of running a caracal and vexor for long range + an Abaddon or Oracle or something like that.

>previously, on /eog/

>user muses on remaking industry
>the simplicity and innovativeness of a 3D ARPG (sandbox)

Realistically, right after vacation is decent for planning features.

Post plausibilities.

You wanna make ships that both pvp and pve?

I wanna make ships that can rat and defend themselves if some tackler shows up

youtube.com/watch?v=Rcn4YNYmNSI

holy shit

Ratting and killing sleepers are two very, very different things.

Any rep fit PVP ship can take down regular rats pretty easily. If you use a booster vice battery, you may need to restock on cap charges every now and again (hurting PvE efficiency), but you will still make for a very juicy target to anything that lands on grid and sees you shooting rats. It will make more isk than warping gate to gate looking for PvP, too.

bump

What's a good smallgang merc corp to join?
Current corp is falling apart from autism.

>zkillboard.com/kill/67170413/
>what did he mean by that

I suspect alcohol and/or drugs were involved.

Nope just autism

Kinda-newfag here. Thinking of trying my hand at gas huffing, which Venture is supposed to be really good at, and in wormholes, no less.
Is it a bad idea to go full ECCM at the cost of flying a ship made of wet tissue paper?
Do I keep my afterburner or should I swap it for an mwd?
Same question as above but with nanofiber structure and inertial stabilizers.
Or should I throw out prop altogether and slap a shield extender in it's place so I wouldn't blow up if someone sneezes in my direction?

Your tank doesn't matter, anything can kill you with just drones. The sleeper rats might, you may need to prepare for that.

>You'd almost think it's because they're trying to drive the game into the ground. They're effectively removing features from the game.
This is how I feel about the probe scanner and map changes. What the fuck are they thinking.

That's what I thought. I figured, once the rats spawn or I see probes on d-scan, I pack my shit and bugger off at maximum speed.
Would 2 sensor boosters with ECCM scripts be enough to buy some time for a cycle or two of harvesters?

I think I'll stick to afterburner and nanofiber structure to keep my signature radius as small as possible just in case.

fit a medium shield extender and mwd

They'll just bubble the exit hole and catch you there.

>they'll spend all their time waiting to kill a shitfit venture
I mean I know wormholefags are starved for content but that's ridiculous.

>>What the fuck are they thinking.
>CCP
>thinking
Somehow the legacy coded shit from 15 years ago is more functional than everything they can come up with (the agency, new neocom icons, new map, new scan system).

I wonder how many developers work on Eve right now. It's almost as if it's only interns with zero clue about anything.

They can be doing PI or PD while waiting on that char, or better yet just do other shit on their alts.

still, you're literally waiting god knows how long for a 3 mil venture kill

Their dev team must be few dudes designing skins and two dudes who have never played the game making dumb changes to UI.

>designing skins
big word for what amounts to throwing some colour in random patterns. Most skins are so shit, I doubt it takes more than a few minutes to create one.

it's not about the value of the kill, but depriving someone of their time

So purely for griefing?

Pretty pathetic desu

what else are you going to do in a sandbox? grind endlessly for isk, buy a titan, then biomass irl?

everyone else seems to be doing that so yeah

>it's a sandbox
>that means you absolutely must be dicks to other people at every opportunity

How fucked am I going to be in this 5/10 with my t1 BC? Can I even re-enter after warping out these sites?
Also am I crazy or does Damage control not suffer from stacking penalties? I was playing around with simulation and it gives me 3/4 the resistance of adaptive II, while the stats are 12.5% vs 30%.

Not all 5/10's are equal in difficulty. That said I don't think your BC can handle any of them as it is currently fit. Definitely not without warping out a million times.

And you are correct, damage control does not suffer from stacking penalties with other resistance modules (except Reactive Armor Hardeners, they are the same "type" of resistance as a damage control).

What would be sensible way to train from here for pve? I have medium railguns maxed, no training in large weapons at all. Should I start pushing for battleships or maybe T2/T3 cruisers? Or is there some worthwhile faction ship that would take less training? I got Caldari and Amarr ships up to T1 battleships and Gallente cruisers or so.

T3's are shit now except the loki (and maybe tengu for strictly pve). That said you would need good missile skills which I imagine you don't have.

What kind of PvE do you want to do? If you just want to do DEDs then battleships with hybrid guns aren't going to get you very far at all.

Do you have good drone skills?

I have been training some drone skills lately, the 10% dmg drone interfacing at level 4 now, but the size specific ones not so much.
What's problem with railguns, is it lack of good ships? So far I've managed by kiting and sniping shit when it get's rough. If a DED gate drops you at close range of bunch of webs it would ofcourse be a problem.
How about MJD, is viable to use it and snipe the enemies from 100km?

You can snipe but it's lower dps so you clear the site much more slowly. There's a reason most people use gila's for ded sites.

The traditional PvE pecking order is something like
Frigate/Dessie + L1
Cruiser + L2
BC + L3
BS + L4
Marauder + Incursions
Or equivalent combat sites or such

Now unless you are missile trained you probably want to either switch to Gallente for the last 2 levels as at least I don't really Like the Rokh for PvE and the Marauder in Caldari is a Raven variant and hence missile based
The second alternative is to switch weapon training into Missiles, Drones or Lasers and instead hop to the other platforms using those
The last alternative is to focus skills on making the parts you enjoy better. If you really like sniping with Ferox then you might love sniping with the Vulture as the range that ship gets is insane. This can be done either by taking module skills to T2, improving fitting skills to get better fits, improving gun skills for T2 guns or higher tier guns or upgrading your hull to T2 (though Vulture isn't exactly a great PvE ship it still outperforms Ferox is nearly every way) and so on

When I was still playing some ppl in my corp got a bit pissy that I might have scared 3 gas huffers make of that what you will

I can see why you stopped playing if you had to suffer such autism from a bunch of bads

Is the game dead?

Might as well be with all the garbage changes ccp has been doing lately.

Of course they'll keep the servers running as long as there's still profit to be made.

What changes? I'm debating starting my account again after 3 or 4 years

oh man you're gonna have a bad time if you expect the game to be anything like 3-4 years ago

You can play the game for free now by the way, with some ship restrictions. You can then decide if you wan to resub or not.

>all the garbage changes
ccp don't do anything

>fozziesov
>jump aids
>skill injectors
>plex split in 500 chunks
>shittadels
>moon mining
yeah ccp don't do anything

moon mining is the only new thing in that list

>mfw capital fags are still butthurt about fatigue after x years

>citadels are the same as pos's I swear
>skill injectors are not a new thing
>fozziesov is the same mechanic, just different
kindly biomass irl

but those aren't new

Only sov changes and skill injectors could be argued to be inherently bad changes on that list.

The rest are actually pretty good changes

You also got bunch of useless changes which aren't really good or bad in the sense, just stuff no one asked for and doesn't need.

>useless changes which aren't really good or bad in the sense
Ah yes, that must be why I still see nullbears whining about jump fatigue and fooziesov

Jump fatigue should be fucking higher than it is right now, especially on JF

And ye sov is fucking bad and has been bad since forever

Jump freighters shouldn't even be in this game. They make logistics (as in moving products) completely trivial.

The game would be in a much better state if you could cripple large alliances by killing their logistics operations.

>cripple large alliances
You sold me

If JF's weren't in the game, they would just move shit in carriers instead. You can't win this argument.

Which is an actual trade off with the cargo capacity difference
And even carriers should have their cargo size nerfed if that became meta

But since capitals can use gates now, they'd just form into a blob and move shit all at once in normal freighters.

Yeah because that can't be adjusted accordingly, right? Tweaking a number is such an insurmountable task

It's as if that is the intended gameplay
>Force people to commit into group efforts for rewards
>Provide chances for enemies to intercept and create conflict
>Favor small groups with small logistics challenges over big ones that need massive convoys to secure

They need to make jump fuel cost 10x or 20x more before that happens.

Or you know just nerf the JF and maybe Carrier cargo size

>they'd just form into a blob and move shit all at once in normal freighters.
Your point? It puts targets on the grid, giving an opportunity for conflict and juicy rewards.

>blob of carriers, faxes
>targets on grid
Have you even tried to fight that cancer?

Yes because an alpha fleet can't just delete freighters off the grid and then casually warp off before the fighters are even launched

You know you can jump that with dreads right for a loot pinjata if their supers aren't within range.

And even if 95% of the time the carrier freighter convoy is simply indestructible and you just let it pass that's still 5% of the time when you can get something out of it
That's 5% more than the 0% chance of catching a JF that teleports past your system because lmao it just does this.

yeah it's much better if they're just sitting docked waiting for their aids timer to disappear, only to undock and jump to the next shittadel

They are too afraid to nerf blob logistics.

Make EVE HC again.

CCP just too pussy to do anything meaningful which is why they focus on things that no one really cares for.

They should be iterating on these things, changing stats every patch by 5 here or 10 there till JF's are sneakily phased out

Quitting bittervets are a direct product of CCPs incomptence at making a good game.

Long live the autistic newfag that is in awe of "muh hardcore gameplay" and feeding this shithead of a company.

zkillboard.com/kill/67196585/
JF's are fine. Stop whining.

You say that when the game is easier and safest it has ever been and this is exactly why people are quitting

You could make a ship that has 10k hp on shield and armor, 85% resists across the board, 8 large highs with large guns on a frigate sized ship, powergrind to run them, damage bonus to make it 16 effective, tracking on the level of small guns, 125 drone bay, dramiel speed and someone would still manage to die in it in a pinata explosion

Someone miss using a ship isn't proof the ship isn't broken

capitals and KBs ruined the game

neo CCP ruined the game

>still no corax nerf

Is it too late to quit eve?

are you ahead?

i have like 5 bill isk i wanna RMT for crypto, i also maybe wanna sell my carrier pilot for crypto, wheres a good place to find someone who would buy it

Ill give you 5 bucks in meme coins of your choice for that

lmfao the jews on epicnpc are doing $3 per 1 bill and $2.2 dollars per 1 mill of SP

Well then go sell there if you are so smart

>missions

youtube.com/watch?v=sK-ad7ShWrE

>I know, I'll start recording my video two full minutes before I actually start doing anything

>2.2b/hour
But you must pay 10b/month to HK + at least 1h of prep time + 2h of wh rolling

tfw no high class wormhole :(((

Those things are decently new though.

>>They're Carriers.

I must pay a 30% alliance tax for the moon ore

>0% chance of catching a JF
lol look at this bad

>1h prep
>rolling holes

>small groups

The chances of catching a JF are always less than catching a normal freighter

less=/=0

>JFs getting caught
Once in a blue moon.

no one is saying it's 0

they are

>That's 5% more than the 0% chance of catching a JF that teleports past your system because lmao it just does this.