/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinNews/DevelopmentsArt CollectionSoundtrack

Other urls found in this thread:

zeldadungeon.net/get-a-sneak-peak-at-some-newly-released-breath-of-the-wild-artwork/)
i.4cdn.org/gif/1515011282788.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Repost from last thread

That artwork (zeldadungeon.net/get-a-sneak-peak-at-some-newly-released-breath-of-the-wild-artwork/) has made me realise that for dlc, they should've released some new shrines stitched together into a dungeon that you can play in as a specific Link in botw's artstyle.
They'd be self-contained adventures accessible from the main menu and be one for ALttP, WW, TP and, of course, MM.
Perhaps have a small hub world outside the dungeon too that would basically be just be trees, grass and a path and a couple of simple NPCs. And they could have a really short "story" that takes place after their respective mainline games.
eg.
>tp Link
>riding through the forest at night with Illia and a young kid
>suddenly an ambush and their kid gets captured
>a forest camp (think the stables from botw) finds and rescues you two
>Link has to hunt down the enemy base by following the tracks
>mini dungeon
>end boss fight - a reskinned Silver Lynel that can speak and gives a final speech

Thoughts? It could've been a nice way to give us an update on the various Links a few years after the games finished

>Made thread a minute too late
>I can't delete it

I can't delete my own thread? The fuck

It should let you in a bit. They make you wait a few minutes after you post before you can delete.
If not, a mod will probably delete it anyway

You can't ever delete threads in Veeky Forums because OPs would wait until like 200 posts and delete perfectly good threads

What exactly would a lynel have to say besides "start running boi"?

Tried immediately after, still won't let me. Left a note for the mods to delete it though.

That's kinda funny

"I miss when we used to look like Ludwig Koopa"

7/8
>ほんの一瞬の出来事でした
Though it was for but a fleeting moment
>分かりました
"Understood"
>ゼルダ姫
"Princess Zelda"
>!は、はい
"! Y- yes?"
>日が傾き始めました, そろそろ戻りましょう
"The sun has started to set. We should begin heading back"

8/8
>見間違い。。。。。。?
"Did I imagine that?
>いえ, 確かに今
"No, I'm quite sure...
>いつも堅くひき結んだ彼の口元が
his mouth, always so sternly set
>やさしく綻んだ気がした
had gently broke into the suggestion of a smile

Do you ever wish you could go back and replay the game with no memory of where everything is

Thanks user, you're the best

Re-doing 1st part. Hadn't warmed up - was very clumsy.

1/8
>まだ物静かだった彼と少しづつ会話を重ねるようになった頃のことでした
Back in a time when he still didn't talk much, and we had only just begun to exchange words...
>この辺りに生息しているこの青い花は
"The blue flowers growing in this region..."
>染料に使うと布が深い藍色にに染みるんです
"they can be used in dyeing to paint cloth a deep indigo."
>葉を煎じて飲めば熱さましの薬にもなるのですが
"or else their leaves can be brewed as a medicine, and imbibed to grant warmth"
>加工して装飾品や工芸品の材料にしている村もあるそうですよ
"and it seems there are also villages that use them in the manufacture of various arts and crafts."
>こうして外を歩いてると
"Being able to walk outside like this
>文献で見た植物や動物を実際に自分の目で見て触ることができて
Able to look upon and reach out to all the plants and creatures I've only read about
>とても
it's so incredibly..."
>はっ
Ah

And I'm done. Just going away before I feel like revising anything else.
Like making "I wish to know more about you" instead of "want".

Hell yeah, especially since I got spoiled.

I must be part goldfish because I forget games completely after only a few months, or even weeks in some cases
I'm still replaying the Oracle games twice a year and I have the same amount of fun every time

>It could've been a nice way to give us an update on the various Links a few years after the games finished

I don't want this.

...aaaand, mistranslation.
>葉を煎じて飲めば熱さましの薬にもなるのですが
"or when the leaves are brewed it can be taken as a fever medicine"

Yes and no.

No Zelda game will never be as fun as it was the first time playing, but I do like knowing where certain things are so I can do it different or better the next time I play.

I miss the exploring.

I know there are some people who hate the open world thing but I really wanna do that again.

They're really in the minority.

Don't worry user, the next Zelda game is going to be BOTW but even better, because it won't be held back by being developed for Wii U originally.

>Urbosa and Buliara will never do this to you
i.4cdn.org/gif/1515011282788.webm

>non pro hub screenshots
How to ruin your collage 101

I like the hub screenshots because you'll ALWAYS get a reply of someone complaining.

It's even better on /v/, I've seen entire threads get derailed because of hub autism.

It just ruins it, yo.

You mean it, ruins it for you, which is okay.
It's okay if you don't like the hub. Let's not derail this thread with it though.

*HUD

heads up bisplay :-DD

Is talking about the HUD more autistic then talking about if they have bathrooms?

The door in the back that you can't open. Hard to complain with the steep price discount.

Princess Hilda of Hyrule's fancy underwear

There was a big like two thread argument on if that spot behind the house was a bathroom with a bathtub in it or just storage. Some people even, for some strange reason, suggested it WAS a fireplace that Link had to like, leave his house to refuel for some reason.

The big chimney made me personally think it was a bath.

Could just be an attic vent.

Cucco storage

Dead bokoblin storage

A what
What attic
And no it's not attached to the roof

>no knight bf to push around

>tfw no gay prince with a gay knight bf to kill

>suggested it WAS a fireplace that Link had to like, leave his house to refuel for some reason
Those actually existed.

Seems like a antiquated pain in the ass

Do you mind if I used your translations and photoshop it onto the comic?

>this general unironically finds sandniggers attractive

I don't get you people

First, I guess

Nah go ahead my nigger

Zelda is so much more interesting when she's dead

Which pokemon do you want to return for the next game?

Hard mode: noething who's role is basically filled by another monster, or outclassed by it completely.

>Not everyone is a fag who likes 2D girls only

Gee whoda tought

Incinerator!

I wish BotW's skeleton enemies were their own thing instead of just another type of -blin.

>the seven heroine statues are actually giant armos

Anouki

This would a been a good boss fight

Aquamentus as a friendly NPC that can be ridden

Tektites

Twili

Gross.

I know it's derivative of Skyrim enough as it is, but I was hoping Aquamentus and Gleeock would be late game overworld bosses that could fly down and attack at any moment without warning.

making a gerudo doujin and i need name ideas for 2 characters

help me out /loz/

and heres the other.
first one is dom mistress themed,this one is more tomboyish and rugged

One with glasses

Kartha is the only name I can think of

Kintepa
Sobah

>A bunch of drunk Gerudo insist that Link climb up on the table and belly dance for them.
>Link has to go along with it or he risks exposing his disguise.
>After a few minutes of dance, the Gerudo start throwing rupees.
What should Link do?

Keep dancing. Gotta earn those rupees somehow, son.

im liking these so far

did you read what i said?

I did but give one glasses please

ST Zelda wasn't dead, her spirit just got pushed out of her body

Close enough.

How does refusing to dance expose his disguise exactly?

It's a pretty significant difference since she's able to take her body back at the end.

They'd only ask him to dance on the table because they know he's a man.

He drops the veil and dances until he's fully naked and they all pass out. The Gerudo hide him from the guards in the morning while he sleeps.

maybe for reading,but for the idea i have it doesnt really fit.

essentially a sorceress pulls away two soldiers in order to conduct an experiment. with the objective of solving a population issue.

What fetishes are going to be included in this doujin?

How come Aonuma seems to be so dead set on using Ganon time and time again, while at the same time having zero interest in Ganon as a character?

Ganon, or Ganondorf? The only time he cared to do anything with Ganondorf was in WW. I don't think we're going to see anything new done with him until Aonuma passes the torch to someone else.

I wish they'd go back to Darth Vader-esque pig Ganon from AlttP. A guy who's almost achieved his goal at the start of the game, is a large, imposing wizard with sense of dignity and regalness, and has a dope ass cape

>Ganon, or Ganondorf?

Both. Though it feels like Ganon's gotten a bigger shaft than dorf based on the sheer number of times he's appeared and been reduced to a roaring monster. Last time the pig form could talk was just a bit part so he could let Yuga take the wheel.

At this point I would even take the Skeletor like saturday morning cartoon villain from the super mario bros super show as long as he had literally any character at all, and screen time outside of the middle and end.

I think it's fitting, though. From OoT to BotW, he gradually descends into madness until he's nothing but a raging beast.

Fitting maybe, but it's not interesting.

The "descending into a mindless monster" shit has been done before. Especially if he's going to be appearing nonstop as the primary antagonist.

At the very least, I'd like for him to be a monster that at least displays intelligence and emotion.

Besides, descending into madness isn't what's going on here, his beast forms are the ones that roar and scream while the man is still a rational human.

Calamity Ganon is kind of an outlier because he never got to finish reincarnation due to Link arriving on his doorstep too soon.

>Besides, descending into madness isn't what's going on here, his beast forms are the ones that roar and scream while the man is still a rational human.
It makes more sense if BotW took place in the DT, where Ganondorf took over the Sacred Realm in ALttP and became Ganon. IIRC, in all the games after that, he never went back to being Ganondorf.

He was planned to return as Ganondorf in Oracles, but that was chopped. He was always Ganon in that branch.

Does he really talk in ALBW? I haven't played the game, so I wouldn't know. I suppose I'm fine with the pig form talking, but not if it's going to be in a game with voice acting because I know it's going to be butchered in any language.

How about a giant monster that wants to regain his human form again? He was cursed for trying to obtain secret knowledge of forbidden magic because his goal was or still is to become the greatest sorcerer. He wouldn't be 100% evil at the beginning of the game, but ultimately does by the end of it, either because he became corrupted by something or he finds out about the endless cycle and wants to end it by any means necessary.

I don't know, I just want him to have an arc instead of the same "oh hes just evil because demise" bullshit. A genuinely sympathetic Ganon(dorf) would be great.

>Does he really talk in ALBW

He has a few brief lines before he's absorbed by Yuga. It could be argued that after that point, Ganon and Yuga are the same being, especially since Yuga turns into another pig monster, but the game still referrs to him as Yuga.

>How about a giant monster that wants to regain his human form again?

Now that's what I'm talking about, but I feel like it should still come second to becoming the ruler of Hyrule. I feel like given the choice between his humanity and ruling Hyrule, he'd begrudgingly accept Hyrule over his former body.

>At the very least, I'd like for him to be a monster that at least displays intelligence and emotion.
I'd argue he does display at least intelligence. He was able to actually destroy Hyrule in BotW. I don't think a mindless beast could do that.

Oh BOTW Ganon was intelligent for sure, he hacked all the sheikah tech after it killed him last time, and then he created the blights to perfectly counter the champions. He is unquestionably intelligent, it just doesn't really show in person, which makes sense for the theme of the game. But I still prefer a Ganondorf that shows off and monologues. I'd like him to do more than that sometime, I want the Wind Waker Ganondorf depiction to be topped.

>I don't think a mindless beast could do that
as a Godzilla fan I have to respectfully disagree

Question for /lozg/:

I don't want to look up reviews (because fuck reviews), so can someone bullet-point for me why skyward sword was bad?

I'm thinking about getting it unless there's good reasons not to.

I want WW Peahats back.
They were adorable

>Godzilla
That's true, you have a point. I think a better way of saying it would've been "I don't think a mindless beast would think to do everything Calamity Ganon did to destroy Hyrule".

Motion controls were forced into everything. I was fine with sword fighting and pointing, but everything else was unnecessary.

It holds your hand way too much, sometimes telling you exactly how to solve a puzzle.

Story isn't anything special and isn't a very good origin story. All it does is raise more questions.

Way too linear with little to no exploration for a Zelda game, but that may not be a problem for you.

Okay, waggle overuse might be a dealbreaker.

I actually dropped money for Punchout on my WiiU when I found my old wiimote, but then realized that the waggle was used for goddamn PUNCHING.
I hate that shit.

Motion controls are forced into EVERYTHING. Swinging swords and aiming bows is fine. In fact I never want to play without gyro aiming again. But when motion controls have to be used, they will be used, and it doesn't always work well.

The game has floating islands in the sky has a sort of hub world, but there's very few points of interest in the clouds, it's like Wind Waker's ocean, if the ocean had 90% less content.

The game removed the overworld into three Super Mario 64 style sandboxes with Banjo Kazooie tier fetch quests, and two proper dungeons each that can only be entered after you go through a lot of bullshit.

There is so much fucking talking. Your "helper" character is more intrusive than any character before, she's always stopping to spout exposition, or give you a very direct hint about a puzzle ( complete with a camera pan ), and she's not even the only one to do this, there's these obnoxious mole creatures that pop up out of the ground to warn you about Bokoblins up ahead, or let you know that there was a key up ahead, which you likely know about already. Redundant shit like this makes up so much of the dialogue... so much.

I peresonally dislike the damage this did to the series lore, and even the non lore story isn't very good, it's a stupid high school romance with a Zelda skin.

Sountrack sucks, there's two or three decent orchestral tracks, and the rest is repetitive clown bullshit.

I'm probably missing some, last time I played the game I dropped it from annoyance at all these things.

That being said, the dungeons are pretty good. I think every Zelda fan should try the game at least once unless they absolutely hate 3D Zelda.

I seriously hope you found the option to turn off motion controls for Punch-Out, because that game is goddamn glorious. Nobody played that game with motion controls.

>Nobody played that game with motion controls.
I actually did, and no lie, the harder levels were a pretty decent workout for a lazy shit like me. Actually burned a few pounds sweating.

But that's not the point, unnecessary motion controls are bullshit.

>it's a stupid high school romance with a Zelda skin
And somehow it's still the worst "love story" between Link and Zelda. That's why I like BotW's romance. It's not in your face, but you know it's there, especially if you dig deep enough in the game. And there's actually development between the two.

I hated it, but looking back, you might enjoy it. There will no longer be the horror of 'THIS is the new Zelda?'

The bad:

-some extremely dull items that you're forced to regularly use
-constantly being told what to do, even in the last dungeon
-no cohesive world, as the different areas are separated, reached from a central hub, like a Mario game

The good:

-Some great puzzles
-A couple of great motion swordfights
-Some nice side quests
-I seem to be the only one who liked the flying

No, I didn't know about that. I might revisit the game later, if that's the case.

I'm kinda rediscovering the Wii right now, tho (thru the Wii U). Picked up Mario Galaxy 2, Rhythm Heaven, and I'm looking at the Metroid Prime Trilogy at some point.

No joke, I usually hate the Zelda and Link pairing, but BOTW was one of the first games that I actually felt like it was well done. Tetra and Link is cute too

Reading posts like these make me realize what a giant Zelda fanboy I am. I love every last one of these goddamned games. I think they all do something just different enough to be Zelda to me and worth replaying for a unique experience compared to the others.

Hell I'm picky when it comes to Mario and other Nintendo series, but Zelda I'm a dirty corporate shill for. I'f they remake SS I hope they get rid of the tedium and Fi interruptions but I would like them to keep the motion controls for nostalgia sake.

>Tetra and Link is cute too

They're just pure user

oh
why not?