/domg/ - Dominions General

Belief Edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 3000 units, 900 spells and 400 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/wjbSA98Y

>Drawfaggotry
dominionsdraws.imgur.com/

>DOMINIONS 5 IS OUT.

>Where do I get it?
Currently only available on Steam.
store.steampowered.com/app/722060/Dominions_5__Warriors_of_the_Faith/

>Manual
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5manual.pdf
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5tables.pdf

>Mod inspector
larzm42.github.io/dom5inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1212948582

>Debug mod
dropbox.com/s/oo492x2cs8vag34/debug509.zip?dl=0

>How do I change the fonts?
Replace guifont.ttf, guifont_fancy.ttf and guifont_texty.ttf in the game's 'data' folder (C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dominions5\data usually).

>Is there an easier way to play multiplayer?
Yes.
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dominions-4-pbem-manager-new-stuff.104015/
Works for Dominions 5 just as well.

>Completed games
Submit them here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuclmaCiRo8vcTztsKjPJxnBgRDE-E1uNvE5j0x5wDZMMhRA/viewform
Results:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OxILAa3Y_O7Vk2NFhKAAQfStHqh1WJXMkGCim9sQ_ns/edit#gid=1292233344

>OP pastebin
Just copypaste it and link the previous thread below.
pastebin.com/RbFWcFcU

>Previous Pantokrator:

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/pretAdmin.cgi?game=Globalwarmingwinter
youtube.com/watch?v=UbwO5fw3LIs
youtube.com/watch?v=m3P2xWSS5YA
youtube.com/watch?v=4h5M78YVN8M
youtube.com/watch?v=dRZpw2x5PF8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for caelum

Let's hear those nation ideas.

Just make them dude lmao

The one I'm kind of starting on now is a sort of pan-Yoruba nation chain. African Yoruba in the EA, Santería with some voodoo influences (particularly foreignrecruit) in the MA, and in the LA splitting into a Umbanda nation with missionaries and other Marignon/pseudo-Christian influence from the spiritist side, and Quimbanda building more Fon/Gbe stuff off of the voodoo influences.

The problem I'm having is that I know Yoruba myth almost entirely from a syncretic perspective (I'm Cuban) so I know fuck all about what should go in the EA. I know I want it to be a romanticized homeland period but aside from having a cockerel pretender or maybe summon (which also applies later) and putting kings on horses, my perusal of the wikipedia articles and the five Yoruba objects at my local museum aren't giving me enough to go on.

Again shill for new EA game. Playing on decent random map with more players due to demand.

llamaserver.net/pretAdmin.cgi?game=Globalwarmingwinter

Planning game: Globalwarmingwinter

Pretenders so far: 3
Max pretenders: 9
Map: LAtest_Innovations_2 fixedstart
Mods: Worthy_Heroes 6.0.1, BetterArena 1.3
Early Age
Score graphs off
Research on Standard
Random starting research off
No story events
Human AI level: Difficult AI
Renaming on
Victory by Thrones of Ascension
Ascension points required for victory: 14
Number of level 1 thrones: 0
Number of level 2 thrones: 10
Number of level 3 thrones: 0
All other settings on default

Race of Gelatinous shapes. They develop more sides and angels as they progress through the ages.
>Spirtes are poorly done in mspaint

Clearly just a Hamadryad on a flying carpet.

Admin, can I have one hour? I was taking my turn and my house's light died. I hope we can get this fixed soon.

Anything interesting happen to you lads this turn?

pls donate on patreon

I'll donate only when we get full fetish ooze sprites

Oh shit, nice work lol.

>develop more sides and angels

Lost my green dragon to some carnivorous yellow reptiles with spears (there were 60 of them) cause I thought I could solo them.
Im also a huge newb and suck cocks

Kekd hard, 10/10

Get that anthropomorphic low-tier SHIT angel from the bottom of the hierarchy out of my sight!

I guess some moe stuff now

You should have created new clothes for Atlantis. Atlantis here looks too much like your androgynous pan. Though you've done a good job at creating an Oceania pan that is more fishy than usual.

It's the Innsmouth look

>It's the Innsmouth look

I'll accept that.

hows the upgrade from 4 to 5.

good, people are playing a lot more

Pretty good overall. A lot of things stayed the same and some aspects are a bit controversial, like how Attack Rear is now super reliable (though that's getting patched) and the addition of recruiting points, but overall it's mostly just a straight upgrade.

Solid. Not like a completely new game, but almost universally an upgrade with few exceptions. If you've never played multiplayer and don't intend to, don't bother.

Population Recruitment Points
0-5,000 10+pop/100
5,000-10,000 10+50+(pop-5000)/200
10,000+ 10+50+25+(pop-10000)/400

"Order scales also affect recruitment points by +10% per step."

What is a 'step'?

One step is one scale.

So O0 -> O1 is one step, O2->O3 is one step, T3->T2 is one step, etc.

oh. So the 10%/step is just added at the end of the calculation. got it.

>played 4 a load and found ai pretty dumb and easy
>played a few games of 5 and keep getting my ass handed to me

I always like to play random map all nations with a variety of difficulties. I think I just suck...

10/10

SANTA MARIA

>Apparently one of the few songs from the medieval period that has the notes, so we can accurately know what it was meant to sound like.

youtube.com/watch?v=UbwO5fw3LIs

>tfw you've just killed 166 female virgins to bring astral horrors to this world.

youtube.com/watch?v=m3P2xWSS5YA

Fucking LA Marignon

Whats a good bless build for Marverni that can put up mother oak up and spam boars while being useful to boar warriors?

I guess you could put all points into more HP.

use the boar e7n7 fort/regen
lower e and just get reinvig if you need more scales

I'm this guy and I'm still having issues. Need 24h.

you don't need any foreign magic to spam boars, just flush all of your natty into carnutes and achieve infinite boar works
Larger lets you trample size 3s but halves boars/square, nerfs boar warriors (not that those are terribly useful) and is stupidly overpriced, so probably not that
you could go for a rainbow bless with +3 MR so that with Antimagic your boars' godawful 5 MR becomes an okay 11, and some atk/def/str to make them not complete dogshit against size 3+; rainbow is also probably the most effective bless for your boar warriors and sword&board small guy sacreds in general; I'd get str from blood 3 since your boars aren't elite enough to benefit a ton from Blood Surge, and use your earth points for mage reinvig

He means he wants someone to cast mother oak so he can afford even more boars, not that he needs a pretender for boarspam in the first place. Doesn't seem worth it to me, honestly, but regen+prot is a decent combo.

Regen doesn't work to well on boar warriors, and they don't really need prot either.

>go nat 3/4 (depends if you want to skip death 3 or not; -6 undying HP is actually useful when using hundreds of meatshields, plus sitesearching/forging, so I'd take it) as part of your rainbow
>get darkvision/poison resistance/HP or whatnot
>forge thistle mace + moonvine/twisting thorns with your humanoid pretender and equip em
>cast treemommy

People are going AI a lot more too.

well yeah, it's early and there are a lot of new players. i've been having better experiences with my new slate of games.

Not me, I am in a REALLY bad position of my own doing now, but I didn't go AI yet, even though it's turn 15 already. Maybe when it's turn 18 or 19...

Dom5 became the most sold game place on Steam for a short while.

I can imagine we got a shitload of curious people who somehow had enough interest in it to get in a game but not enough to actually stick to it.

To be fair, this shit takes a special kind of personality, and more patience than most people have.

I can imagine the mass AIing will go away soon.

It could also be that we just got two or three sad faggots who just find it fun to join games only to stale and go AI. I guess they´ll get bored eventually, when they find some other collective to annoy.

e7n7 fort/regen seems like a solid choice but its not that impactful for the boar warriors. =/

lots of interesting thoughts. I'm not sure if I'm a fan of larger bless for boars, seems a bit situational for who i'm vs. I completely missed the 5 MR on boars... yikes thats bad. Full rainbow is a neat idea but I feel it'd be better for a imprisoned build when I want dormant or awake for fast Mother Oak. I agree that blood surge isn't that useful.

Mother Oak casted of pretender in the 2nd year is the plan I'd like to do.

moonvine is way too deep a tech when my aim is to rush mother oak early.

Overall interesting ideas so far but Dormant is as late as I want to go. Would any of the weapon blesses be worth taking? I was also thinking maybe cold aura might be strong with boars trampling through lines to spread fatigue through units?

DESU even if you had a massive hard-on for Mother Oak and didn't want to research contruction 4 first, you can get near-even scales with a dormant rainbow and just research straight for it, with bretty gud Boar Warriors for initial expansion and decent Great Boar bless for fighting 3+ and having mitigaters for all magics (10 shock res for widespread EA T-bolt spam; cold res for cold scales/cold auras; MR; you can already cast rain vs fire magic; poison resistance that also lets you put some boosters on a N1/W1 and cast Foul Vapors behind a wall of poison-proof boars)
though personally I'd probably just take imprisoned with good scales and not worry about an early mother oak, your innate income + site searching will build up plenty of carnutes on their own

gonna REALLY slow down you're boar spam to go mother oak first anyways

If you're taking that much pleasure in fighting PD while Pan loses your battles for you, you're more than welcome to not follow my advice.

Is this OC? if so I have a new "smug" picture for my reaction folder. Thanks user.

>though personally I'd probably just take imprisoned with good scales
The wise man's choice. You people just don't understand what makes Marverni great. With a super bless you're bound to die to any kind of bless/rushers. Good scales lets you survive year 1. Then you worry about boars or whatever. Almost as if fucking innate GfH or stellar cascades is not good enough for you noobs.

const 4 for thistle mace is fine, just pointing out moonvine is const 6 and thats super deep and something I'd prefer to avoid. I like your heavy rainbow bless and agree its solid, and I think its a nice fall back option but I'm looking to explore other fun ideas.

Getting up a big free spawn factory is a nice way to free up gold for more mages/forts, Thats why I want to explore out a build idea.

This may be hard to believe, but my dai oni and chaff weren't part of my research corps to begin with. I'll get to shikome exactly as quickly if I try my luck at your capital as if I didn't. And Pan will also not stop being my neighbor if I stop attacking you. So far he's been entirely amenable and we each have multiple other potential targets once we're done with you. From my perspective, there's no need to throw out a good working relationship in exchange for literally no benefit.

I copied the smug stone head from last thread, but this diplomatic thing just happened, yes.

I've seen smug stone head before, but the diplomatic thing looks fun to post with.

ignore this stupid faggot
when this comes online you'll instantly teleport behind Pan's cap

Assuming you aren't domkilled by turn eight, you mean?

HARAM

>blood vengeance
Do people do this just because of the Cruxador AAR? This stops you from being able to use Gifts from Heaven.

>3 year wait for all those incarnates

Am I being memed?

Yes, very obviously so.

Are those scales viable for LA R'yleh and MA Emor?

no

Kinda, but I would recommend luck and magic normally. Luck is the only way you're likely to get gold, which you do need for infrastructure, and magic is just really good whoever you are.

For what it's worth, I've enjoyed losing battles to birdmagic

Nothing is viable for R'lyeh. Except in MA.

>tfw half the game is AI and you're stuck between two big nations that aren't

Being a Lemuria Disciple is viable for LA.

You've been bleeding Dai Onis in every battle that's been against anything but PD with no results in any of them, what makes you think pissing away your StR 500g cap-only mages without any troops that can actually fight a battle is a good plan? I'm aware that Dai Oni only have 9 research, but I'm also aware that you got down to 2 provinces with the exact same strategy you're using now before your buddy bailed you out.

I've enjoyed the battles too, took some prep work to get the thunderstrike timing just right to hit your centaurs in my first successful fight against you. Seriously fucked up in my first defense expecting attack->rear to actually hit your undefended hierophants, but now that we've had a real battle after all this dancing around I'm glad.

Attack them while they're busy taking free land from the AI.

In a game with many AIs, it doesn't pay to focus on the AIs since they're not a threat anyway. Better to take out a rival now than grow stronger and fight them later, because they'll be growing stronger as well and all you're doing is giving away the initiative.

At least try to hide your asshurt.

Where's the fun in that?

This general wouldn't be half as fun without the diplomancy and the butthurt.

ded tred

ded gam

Christmas nation when? In the spirit of the holidays it would be the first dlc in dominions history that actually cost money.

Now that war elephants are ass, what troops do you actually expand with as Berytos? Their cavalry, even though they only have one attack?

War Elephants are mad killers flanking on Attack Rear broseph. Elephants running round your back lines are some bad juju.

>what troops do you actually expand with as Berytos?
War Elephants

Their cavalry might actually be usable since they're so massable. 19 pierce damage lance charge should kill most indies outright on the first hit and could start a rout. Might be especially good against barbs. Their defense is quite high, too.
Your elite soldiers are also pretty good and not terribly res-intensive, either.

I'm just disappointed that your seraphs have been so resistant to goatbutte. I'd really like the air mages.

What's wrong with Colossi Warriors and an imprisoned rainbow bless?

Heavy spearmen to hold while elephants do some ass to commander action.

>Abysian blood hunter gets bumped by a handful of raiders
>blood mage has gorillions of qt slaves on his dick
>paltry raiding party getting rekt ez pz
>but mr mage has heat aura in a hot province
>watch his entire harem catch fire and die around him

FUCK

Can we stop this war, Ragha? Other players are running away with the game and I don't think the investment required to crack my capital is worth even 9 death gems per turn.

More importantly, Caelum and Atlantis are Staling, and I want my turns faster.

Come help me kill the birds. And Atlantis, but I have 0 clue where they are sadly.

Two to a square, mediocre stats, one attack each, limited numbers.

link seems broken for me, any other new games recruiting?

More importantly, why did four (4) different nations all decide that Jomon is the threat that must be dogpiled and eradicated above all else

Worried about them convalescing coastal crabs

Honestly, I have no idea. To be fair, TC is AI though, so who knows their thought process.

I figured it must be because you looked more vulnerable or something. I can understand not wanting to fight 200+ memeblessed Mictlan Turbo sacreds.

>AI immediately gives you a much harder time than the player ever did

Yeah I really want to join an EA game too.

Deleted the game due to the lack of players.

Clearly the only thing to make Colossi Warriors usable is the Enlarge blessing.

>201411130
youtube.com/watch?v=4h5M78YVN8M

>tfw no national anthem about how good your king is at drinking and fighting

favorite Vampire Queen bless?

youtube.com/watch?v=dRZpw2x5PF8
>tfw no royal anthem about how good your king is at killing Germans

A better pretender

kurple deleted it =(