/ss13g/ - spessmen on a space station

Last Thread:
Last time on /ss13g/ - spessmen on a spess station:
>NT D irredeemable, fix needed?
>New smooth glide size! Moving at anything but run speed should no longer feel like stopmotion
>Autistic spider tries to put several shards on a moving band, eight explosions and EMPs occur. More at 11
>Should the player be held accountable for doing unorthodox setups that are likely to go wrong in ways that would involve lots of other people? Lead user says no!

>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>OH GOD MY GAME FROZE BUT I CAN STILL SEE CHAT HOW 2 FIX??
Downgrade your BYOND version to byond.com/download/build/510/510.1347_byond.exe

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs + Discord circlejerk
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs
discord.gg/c32NDYj

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation
discord.gg/nfmjc56

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>Round Stats
stats.ss13.moe/

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/z7czw5WQ

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/HippieStation/HippieStation/pull/5792
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>threads take longer and longer to go up after dying as more people move to the discord for game talk

Silly bird, thread is for shitposting

>threads take longer and longer to go up after dying as more people get banned for getting banned on other servers

I'd have made it sooner but I'm playing KotOR so I didn't notice it was ded
Never tried it with the restoration mod

Discord is for named shitposting, I post here when I need to be anonymous.
Like when I lament for being to shy to send a PM to my secbando

fucking newfag

I'm not new just retarded

Fuck you bird

no, you're new
only a newfag wouldn't understand why /ss13g/ sometimes has a long wait between OPs

Discord is for shitposting with an name, thread is for being anonymous and have a constant place to check what is going on

It's best to stick to the thread

Quick!

What job and gimmick should I do next round?

Oh no, You got me user, what impeccable detective skills!

>play with rashaja in cargo
>ironically, I'm the one that gets a borer

Clown
Order a ton of shower heads, put them to cold, and make lines of them in the hallways

>2562
>walk into bar
>The tank transfer valve hits the window! start pl-

I will never, ever, under any circumstance use a discord, and I implore that everyone else shouldn't, too.

>order guns from cargo as the warden
>wait
>still nothing
>QM shows up because their cargo tech doesnt understand proper escalation
>finally get to ask them about it
>"What? I thought that was a joke order"

>2560
>walk into bar
>The piano has been drinking is playing

Unironically why

Detective

Investigate R&D all shift. Get R&D access so you can hide inside.

>muh proper escalation
Nah, man. If a clown is being a complete shitter, I monkey cube them. That's what I do.
On that note, we ordered 2 lockerfuls of weapons and armor later on after the fucking mech RCD'd shit up and unlocked them with an all access card I yoinked off the HoP's.

Remember, kids, never leave an ID in the ID computer. Ever.

I can't even imagine wanting to use a Discord for a game where people are constantly trying to play connect the dots attempting to tie anonymous posts to ckeys in order to make shit stick.

Because A, it splits the fucking community as you can obviously see, and B, discord is fucking cancer on many levels.

So does injecting water increase the amount of nutriment in food, or do I need to distill nutriment in the condimaster and then inject it into food?

>someguy walks into your workplace and breaks windows
>you kill them for it

Youre like that librarian who gouged a dudes eyes out for fucking disarming him and farting on him.

Not everyone is as autistic as that.
I just play the game and shitpost about it on the discord. Ignore the spergs on discord, just like here.

>not power for a giggawat
>enough rads to kill me once I passed by that hole I forgot to put glass on

>ignores someone's cargo order for ten minutes after it arrives while dicking around not doing your job
>clown finally just hacks in to grab his crate
>instantly scream bloody murder for sec
>clown gets his crate after having to get the HoP involved because you're still not doing your job
>clown comes back and pranks you in a very minor way by dumping you in the brig with an odysseus
>you're still a dick
>clown returns and puts some walls down with RCD for a laff
>you're still a dick
>you get armed to the teeth, eguns and smart lasers and riot suits, and use lethals on sight
Sure does smell like proper escalation in here. You reap what you sow.

Water just makes your food BIG. Meaning more bites.

Engineer, create a fun disposals ride that ends in the middle of the AME so noone can escape.

>some guy breaks windows, attacks borg, is a definite shitter that's been starting shit and will be starting shit for the rest of the round
>crack his ribs with a monkey cube after (!) he starts fucking choking himself to do his crazy person RP
Nah, man. Nah.
I did feed him the monkey cube for shits and giggles because I never saw it do any lethal harm to anyone, that's what. But he was a shitter clown.

I would've accepted his order, but the QM said nah, "no frivolous corgi crate orders". So I told the clown to ask the HoP, because the QM approved his corgi crate order. That's it.

Why dont you try fixing someone who walks in with a monkey cube shoved down their throat. They do a lot of dying and bleeding real fast and need a lot of maintenance to get back to regular shape

>no frivolous corgi crate orders
There were two clowns. A clown named clown who was actually a mime, and the honkmaster. Honkmaster ordered corgi crates, the clownmime ordered a costume crate that had already been approved earlier.

You guys fucked up, so you got fucked with. In pretty harmless ways, either way.

serb?

Then I won't feed monkey cubes to people. Last time I did was like three fucking years ago, probably before even baymed, and you needed to gobble like twenty to do anything then.

Again, ain't my fault. I was just following the QM. I'm not even sure it was the clown who started RCDing shit for no fucking reason.

dead

By all means robust them, cuff them and dump them out of your department but being mildly annoying isnt murder worthy. Now if they went into cargo deconned your console and stole your circuit board THEN you shove the monkey down their throat

>station current year
>casually walk into bar
>battle of lil slugger is actually playing

Oh yes, please lecture me some more about the exact procedure on how to respond to a shitter. I did not know there was such an intricate and deep methodology you HAVE to follow every time someone knocks your window.
Fuck off.

It was the clownmime who was RCDing walls in you guys' way a bit as revenge for instantly screeching for security when he had been waiting ten minutes for his costume crate while you dicked around. Same guy who dumped one of you into the brig with an odysseus, then later dumped a cultifying artifact in the cargo bay to make things look ugly.

You should have just given him his costume crate, or said something, anything, when he was emote spamming you about it and knocking on the window.

serb ded

please do

When will the Jukebox be fixed/revamped
Less VGM, more real music
I want actual jazz, some real rock, folk, shit like that.
Less meme music, more real music.

There is, if the mime/clown was inclined he could have ahelped you and you very likely would have gotten a note for it but by all means be a faggot about it, its your ban

Just ask for more music

And if I were a fucking shitter, I'd ahelp the one filling cargo with walls.
But I'm not. It's an IC issue.
Again, fuck off.

It didn't work for Bill. And it's more of a problem that there's too much music t hat's sorted in the stupidest possible way than that there's not enough music.
I don't wanna hear Feur Frie when I'm in the mood for Piano Man. Even though that isn't even on the fucking juke for some reason.

Dude this thread is a joke. Why signal your heterosexuality like that and say what you would really do?

Why so serious? As my favorite character, the JOKER would say. It's my favorite character because he resembles me psychologically.

Learn to laugh. Learn to troll. Learn to play with your posts. This is Veeky Forums bitch, it's not ducking rebbit.

Welcome to the madhouse. Nothing is what it seems around here.

guys i think 3Danon is dead
he haven't posted since four general
do i add it to the SS13 related project that died?

>Mommis are the best players to set up the eng-

>Reviire
>best anything
Any retard can choose mommi, but there is only a handful that keeps the station maintained and ironically you hear about them the least.

>pick mommi
>it's antagstended

Ops Idea:
The Syndicate Icon’s over Ops Head should change based on number of connections
>Red S: 0-100 connections
>Orange S: 100-1000 connections
>Gold S: 1000+ connections
This will enable experienced players to bully other ops into not being retarded

Man, I tried when it was first implemented
I suggested so many songs
I think my bitching might even be the biggest contributing factor to the creation of the jazz playlist
There's just not enough people who care enough to keep updating it constantly

I have over 700 connections and haven't rolled ops yet.
I think you'd need a better system.

Perfect, now I have enough time to autism.

do you only play low pop or something?

I have over 5000 connections and I don't even wanna play op

I don't really like to roll antag.
I guess I'll do it now though, I grew a bit tired of my usual playstyle.

ugandan knuckles sprite when

Gotta do nutriment. Grind pumpkins, toss em in the condimaster or use a syringe

with 700 connections you’d still be far more reliable than your standard fluke retard who can’t even use a jet pack

Don't make jokes like that user, people will break out the torches and pitchforks
You'd be banned before you know it

What power did it reach?
Why didn't you remove the grilles to fit more collectors?

one of my many law changes

What is even the point of keep the teleporter offline?

The difference between the thread and the discord is that on the thread you can pretend you’re not talking to some shitter you have always disliked.

Damn goons, so lazy that they have to come to other servers and change AI laws to make new bees just because their guy can't be assed to sprite any more

This, plus you don't have someone metagrudging your ass just because you killed them

What happens if I'm an antag and I upload a law explicitly telling the AI to metagrudge someone

>Nothing regarding who it takes orders from

How do you check how many connections you have?

ahelp and ask

>"No"
Hilarious

>injure all humans
>Anything attempting to access or activate the teleporter is not human

Nothing says the AI has to protect non-humans

If a human is specifically targeting a nonhuman 4nr instead of a human it's wasting time and thus breaking laws.

github.com/HippieStation/HippieStation/pull/5792

I've been playing for like a decade and I have no idea. I vaguely remember certain people occasionally using the hand tele and comms satellite to evade capture but not enough to warrant a premade law board.

>There's just not enough people who care enough to keep updating it constantly
The problem is that Pomf doesn't have a lot of spare time for the Server (or has lost the spark) and he's the only one who can manage the playlist

You'd just have to convince him

Just delete all the fucking video game music.
I don't think people who like video game music listen to that much video game music.

If any of the station's crew break into the trader outpost, are the traders allowed to use lethal force to defend themselves? By both admins and by space law, I mean.

>Delete the videogame music and sort the playlists back again
FTFY. The playlists are still fucked and jumbled with shit that don't belong where it be.
After all that's fixed, it's then time to add more actual music instead of meme shit.

The goonsat used to be the the station's tcomms sat, right? Then it would have made sense.

Are you pretty sure they'll valid you?

Nah, let's just say for the sake of argument they only broke in. Maybe they caused a breach to do so, maybe they had the decency to unhack the doors behind them. Can I gun them down as trader and ask questions later? Let's also assume I deliver their body back to the station and hand it over minus their gear to pay for the damages they caused, while also informing station's security.

No.
You have to escalate properly. It's not fucking USA.

One time someone was breaking in when there were no traders and a min spawned a lot of hostile vox mobs with crossbows inside. I know that doesn't answer your question.

if you murdered a human prepare your ass for the thirsty valid hunting sillycons
but really tho, if they are just inside but haven't broke anything or caused a breach just non-lethally remove them from your outpost and send them back to the station, if they have EVA gear and can survive on space you can deport them from any airlock instead

That was my assumption, but I figured maybe the outpost had some different considerations seeing as it's not bound to the station, and even captains and security aren't allowed access to it normally.

If you don't think video game music is good then you don't listen to much

misterserver123 has a copy of the music right? Literally just delete every song and then begin to long task of putting music in the right place, removing some music and adding new ones

AI being able to materialize in physical form on the holodeck when?

when you code it

It shouldn't be too hard, literally put one of those AI materializers resprited and AI can choose to materialize at will

Could just repurpose the holoperson code for that, which is still in the game but not accessible.

>the year is 2562
>was around when the NSV Luna was decommissioned, and the bay Adkins decided to overhaul the lore to reflect the change of setting from a ship to a station
>the lore master of the time made the year 2552, because he was a huge fan of halo
>the community just added one to the year every real year that passed
>while Veeky Forums has a different culture, they continued the practice of adding a year.
>it is now 2562
>I've been around before it was even 2552

>I've been a 2d spessman for well over a decade