There seems to be a tilt over whether the Scythians were Iranic or Turkic. In Turkey...

There seems to be a tilt over whether the Scythians were Iranic or Turkic. In Turkey, most people are taught they are Turkic but in the West they are taught as Iranic. Which is correct?

Other urls found in this thread:

img.eba.gov.tr/ekitap_ftp/tarih/11/derskitabi/meb/tarih_11_derskitabi_meb_tarih_f8Nam.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no it is not.

It's pretty much proven they were Iranic (speaking)

?
Tell me more

>Turkic
No they weren't you retard.

Actual Scythian here. We were Turkic, but we sometimes acted like Iranians to confuse future archeologists.

It looks like it worked!

100% iranic, ignore turk propaganda WEWUZing

Neither, they were aryan, but spoke iranic.

> they were aryan, but spoke iranic.
let me guess, you actually think that Aryan=blonde haired blue eyed germanics?

blonde and red hair so not turkic I guess.

Turkish fairytales are retarded.
There is ZERO Turkic influence in Finnic or Baltic languages except from the last 1800 or whatever years in Volga Finnic.
Turkic people simply did not exist in Europe.

Meanwhile there's abundant Iranic loanwords in Finnic languages like orja(slave) from aryan attesting for their presence.

>In Turkey, most people are taught they are Turkic
Turkish education/intellectuals everyone.

No, Scythians were literally remnants of pure-bred indo-european stock, not mixed with neither western hunter-gatherers nor the various sedentary peoples of the world.

They were Indo-Iranian folk, Slavshits are their offspring.

This. We have evidence of Scythians from Persian & Greek (esp Bosphoran) sources - they spoke an Iranic language.

Turks didn't coalesce until centuries after.

Source: your imagination.
The idea of a pure-bred Indo-European is autistic anyway since Indo-Europeans were a 50-50 mix of Eastern European and Caucasus quite early on. How does one manage to be a pure member of a mixed race people?

It's an understandable mistake that you're making but Scythians are most likely Persian. Most Turkic groups have adopted a lot of Persian influence so that's why there so much overlap.

By autism. Nothing more.
The Scythian who swore themselves to the Greek & Pontic kings of the Bosporus proudly called themselves Scythian in the same breath as they bragged about marrying Greek women.

Same as the Mesappians being Italic/Illyrian hybrids

Read some stele you asshats.

Females are obviously not included, in fact there are no aryan females as the perfect form could never be found to be female.

No homo.

That's beautiful user. Source on that?

t. Plato/Schopenhauer

The idea of patriarchial descent is confusing to modern people who are obsessed with Nazis ideas of blood purity and cucking.
People back in the day absolutely had to swap women to prevent inbreeding. If you were stronger than the other tribe you just killed their dudes and took their baby-makers for your own use.
That's just how it went and the further back you go the more common it was.

Ah yes, I see the philistines have already began to show...

>In Turkey, most people are taught they are Turkic
no they are not
you can check the turkish school history books here, there is literally zero references to scythians
img.eba.gov.tr/ekitap_ftp/tarih/11/derskitabi/meb/tarih_11_derskitabi_meb_tarih_f8Nam.pdf
t.turk

>In Turkey

Read up on the Greeks that made up what is now Ukraine (Cimmerian Bosphorus). There's stele and inscriptions from Scythians using Greek (which was the lingua Franca until the mongol invasions and even after until Italian colonia) to boast about their bloodlines. Pretty cool desu.

I'll try to scrounge up my sources but I'm mobile atm.

Go back where? To Istanbul?

I was refering to the art/griffons, but that's interesting too.

Mesappians,scythians, & Iranians really enjoyed that theme

They were Iranic, there is absolutely no argument.

You have genetic, linguistic, and archaeological proof. Third part sources such as the Greeks mention that Scythians talked to Persians without the need of a translator... All Sarmatian and Scythian haplogroups (main subclads) are found in Iranic speakers today and burial sites show they followed Iranian rituals/rites (pre-Zoroastrinism)

le buttblasted balkan rapebaby face

This is not a debate.

Scythians are Iranic.
Turkics were busy in Eastern Central Asia either sucking tremendous Xiongnu cuck or being Genocided by Chinks.

The Gokturks we're fucking horses in Mongolia at the time the Scythian's were prevalent

The scythians were iranic. The Ossetians are their closest living relatives.

ossetians are descended from sarmatians
oddly, they have the least R1a

They're mostly descended from native Caucasians, nothing odd about that.

>There seems to be a tilt over whether the Scythians were Iranians.

French here

I can confirm, some Alans migrated in France, and the places where they settled are the ones with the most G haplogroup.

underrated Turkpost

What is the Q? Inuit?

>ywn get pinned down and pegged by Tomyris

Indo-European.