/dg/ - Destiny General

Dead Game. Dead General. Dead Orbit needs your help, guardian.

>>LIVE EVENTS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oEWLrZgjaq0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>dodge

How will Bungie fuck up tomorrow?

nth for awoken warlock gf

1-3 Warlock
4-6 Hunter
7-9 Titan
0 or dubs first reply chooses

by actually doing something

play a different game

This game sucks, go play dark souls

A LOT OF INFO!

>we nerfed fusions
>but we gave you ONE GHOST to find on each planet
>isn't that what you wanted guys

tldnr
>we know better than you what you want and what is better for the game

>WE'RE LISTENING

>PLEASE UNDERSTAND!

I never played Destiny 1 and only got the game from an xmas gift from a friend a month ago, so has Bungie always been like this for the past four years?

no, they had to gain our trust before they slammed us with eververse

the first game has a small microtransaction store upon year 2, but it was the least of concern at the time. The live teams actually produced content and free content inbetween expansions using the money from pre eververse.

This is a perfect image.

Any ps4 players want to do raids? Either D1 or D2 just looking for some good old fashioned coop.

Not free this evening but I'm available Friday and Saturday.

>Implying there's a point to explore planets.

I'm leveling an alt. Getting that alt geared is literally the only reason.

This is a perfect image.

>made one hour ago
>20 replies
>14 posters
WEW as fuck

is this doing worse than lawbreakers?

No, Lawbreakers is actually dead.

Destiny 2 has entered it's zombie state until Bungie pulls its head out of it's ass.

>you now remember division general

Nice of the Emperor to invite us over for a raid, eh Luigi?

So wishlist?

Pc chat. Ability to use more emotes. Sparrow racing. Jump ship flying. Old areas back. More public spaces and shit to do. Houses. Bring the snow back it's still winter. PvP in pve areas? Crafting...more wow type stuff I suppose.

nyx in quake champions

is this all they honestly say? weve been listening to feedback?
were they like this in d1? if it was then i have no idea how people can have any faith at all in bungie. ive only been playing since d2 and already their communication is absurdly bad.
how can people still tolerate this?

Delete eververse.
Comprehensive mod overhaul.
Masterwork improvements.
Buff graviton lance.

check out steamcharts of lawbreakers. that game launched DOA and had the fastest population dropoff ive ever seen, even worse than battleborn. in 1 week it was not playable for some EU regions. in a month the population was down to like

>is this all they honestly say? weve been listening to feedback?
WE ARE COLLECTING YOUR FEEDBACK!

more shit to do
maybe more explorable areas on mercury if bungie is going to update anything on a major scale
more shit to do
another raid
more shit to do

> We are back, Guardians!
> Congratulations, Cozmo!
> word fluff
> word fluff
> word fluff
> word fluff
> We hear your feedback Guardians and are deploying a large patch in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.
> MOTW (another boring Crucible montage with an abstract name)
> We will keep listening to your feedback.
Deej, out.
P.S: Please keep your purse open for Eververse. You need to spendgame on the friendgame.

In all honesty I'm pretty sure dmg04 genuinely can't really do anything aside from just saying that he is listening, since he's just a community manager or something.
Or at least I think he is.
Is he?

>dodge

what the fuck

I tried out all classes, warlock has the zones which are awesome, titans have the cover

what the fuck is dodge, it doesn't prevent damage, how do I use it?

>community manager
If this is true than he is doing a very bad job at managing the community.

He had a kid user
give him a break

wasn't that cozmo, not dmg04?

Public voice. Fuck this sterile safe-space bullshit. I want to be able to interact with randoms at the tower or otherwise beyond ONE emote at a time. Imagine how much easier it would be if you could simply walk into the middle of a packed tower and go "Hey, anyobody want to raid?"

Sure, occasionally you'll get some annoying fuck micspamming or something, but the solution to that isn't to shut down any chance of any interaction whatsoever. And there's always a mute button.

>public voice
>over text chat
it will be nothing but micspam and clan drama

tomorrow, my brothers

Have both then. You can opt out of voice if you're a snowflake. Also keep in mind that consoles don't have keyboards.

>Sure, occasionally you'll get some annoying fuck micspamming or something, but the solution to that isn't to shut down any chance of any interaction whatsoever. And there's always a mute button.
it confuses me that bungie does not understand this very simple concept. its not even new, or anywhere close to it. its been used in games and other media for practically forever.

In Halo 2&3 you could literally shit-talk enemies when you got close to them in mutliplayer.

Unfortunately that was removed in reach, when bungie started to turn into soy-bungie.

Reach was my favorite tbqh

Fuck seriously
damn. Im retarded. What the fuck is he doing then

>unironically attempting to talk over 17 other players in the tower
>when discord and bnet exists

>Also keep in mind that consoles don't have keyboards.
as if that ever stopped warframe

so now here is a discussion worth having
they have eververse obviously as a way to make money
but is the existence of it costing the company more money than it is generating?
if so, they just need to admit they are wrong and kill it

>Talk over 17 players in the tower

It would obviously be proximity based. You'd have to be close to someone to hear them, and vice versa. And ideally there'd be a one-button "mute all" option for whenever someone is trying to annoy you.

It's like you soybrains have never played another video game before.

>soybrains
soyhunters*

cute nezha

SOYLOCK THE DEFILED

most players in the tower wouldn't be talking anyway, if any of you played an mmo you would know that even the all-cities channels like trade chat were readable

In destiny 1 we fought nasty aliens to get rare loot, and the events are about spicing up the gameplay

In destiny 2 we fight aliens to get tokens to hand in at the store to get loot, and all the events are about microtransactions

Also this is on TOP of the 30$ season pass and 40$ expansions

>proximity based
>for a social space chat where everyone groups together
retard
>trade chat
>which is text based in every mmo
retard

>consolecuck thinks anyone cares about his inability to use text
ahaha what a retard

>consoles
>mmos
retard

The majority of Destiny's audience is consoles.

>final fantasy 14
>on PC and PS4
>with crossplay
>no issues with trade chat

>destiny
>not an mmo
what a cute autistic retard, I bet it will reply again without an argument as it desperately vies for the last word on the internet

>The majority of Destiny's audience is gone.

>destiny
>mmo

can you get one exotic ship from eververse multiple times? or is there a duplicate protection?

In all honesty it basically is a first person mmo, sans chat.

Of course you can get dupes. It's EVERVERSE. fuck.

Bungie themselves referred to Destiny as a 'shared world shooter', which is exactly what the game is. It has mmo mechanics, but it lacks many as well.

>not having the last word
lmao@ (you) D2 shitters

more alarming is the downward trend seems to be accelerating. probably the 1 thing that would force bungies hand. cant make money from microtransactions if no one is playing.

alright thanks

have you tried reading what abilities do?

It's honestly very surprising to actually read the raw data that accompanied that chart and see how sharp the fall off really is.

Total player count dropped from 1,307,165 to 321,843 from launch to the end of the year, which is a drop of 75.37%.

PS4 player count dropped from 712,431 to 158,523, which is a drop of 77.74%.

XBox player count dropped from 594,987 to 127,428, which is a drop of 78.58%.

PC player count dropped from 194,607 to 35,892, which is a drop of 81.55%.

they tried their best to hide it on dtracker around console launch with hopes that PC would give padding, too bad so sad

>Make your game rely on ungodly amounts of luck to get anything
>Limit how much someone can progress per time period
>Wonder why your game is dying
Hmm... I don't know Bungo...

mda multi tool is rated higher than nameless midnight?

nameless midnight was used more in pve

>We have quite a bit of info.
They used this before, several times, and it was always literally nothing. The phrase coming from Bungie has lost all meaning.

In PVP Mida is defiantly preferred over Nameless. In PVE it would look something like this.

Origin Story
Nameless Midnight
Better Devils
Uriels Gift
Positive Outlook
Sins of the Past

Hes new, they pulled him from another division when Co zmo took maternity leave or whatever.
Now as a newbie they putted him in the shittiest place - Bungie forums, while Co zmo came back to Le ddit yesterday.

>Co zmo came back to Le ddit yesterday.
What is this spacing

Probably trying to not get fired. All he can promise is what his bosses tell him and if all he's saying is "we're listening" that means his bosses aren't telling him shit or (more likely) have no idea how to solve the problem.
Guy's probably gonna get blacklisted for "failing" to manage the Destiny community.

Veeky Forums think my post is a spam, Leddit

No Curtain Call? How's it compare to SotP anyway?

So there's no way to kick AFKers and even multiple reports don't mean Bungie has to do anything. Is there any downside to going afk until your team kills the boss in a strike and then pick up the chest?

Curtain Call I think is better for bosses/healthy targets as the blast radius is a lot lower so the cluster radius is smaller. Sins is better for groups with the higher blast radius. I do believe Curtain' s initial rocket does a tid bit more damage than the Sin's too.

As for PvP, both are good. Curtain has faster velocity giving your enemies less time to react, Sins has high blast radius improving your odds to hit your target or even multiples.

You'd still technically count on the playercount making Bungie look more successful.

You AFKing until the boss and then game teleports you to the boss room wherever you are, you fight the boss ad get the chest.

Strike Exclusive Gear
Masterworks for Armor
Specific Crucible Playlists
Infinite Forge Type activity for each planet offering either weapons or armor and an exotic reward for completing the set
Archon's Forge-like activity on Mercury
Raid Gear to have raid specific or enemy race specific perks and return of Raid Ships and Sparrow
Some kind of buff to exotics to have them compete with Masterworks gear
D1 Eververse
Private Crucible matches
Ability to play specific strikes and story missions
Ability to reroll character appearance
More Exotic Quests
Ability to use shaders on swords and Exotic weapons
More Vault space and return of FUCKING KIOSKS
Separate load outs for PVE and PVP so shotguns, snipers and fusion rifles can return to the Energy/Special slot in PVE.
Either have Light/Power Level actually impact the amount of damage you take/receive of have no Light/Power Level cap
Permanent Auras
In-Game Clan messaging system
No more lazy story writing like killing off Saint-14

Oh yay, I can't wait for them not to address any of the game's blaring issues once again.

I wish it would just fucking end and that bungie and activision would just own up to fucking over destiny 2

Saint 14 isn't actually dead yet. His corpse is in the SIMULANT future. And the lore on his shotgun shows that he interacts with our guardian.

Only way they'd do that would be to try and spin sales for the third game. And there will be a third game, one way or the other.

From the Journal of Toland the shattered.

I drive myself to the edge of madness trying to explain the truth.
It's so simple. Elegant like a knife point. It explains - this is not hyperbole, this is the farthest thing from exaggeration - EVERYTHING.
But you lay it out and they stare at you like you've just been exhaling dust. Maybe they're missing some underlying scaffold of truth. Maybe they are all propped on a bed of lies that must be burned away...
...HOW DO I EXPLAIN IT it's so simple WHY DON'T YOU SEE

Imagine three great developers under three great publishers. The first developers makes a great story and her game is just. The second developers builds a expansive environment and her people climb it to see the stars. The third developer raises creates a microcurency and sells everything.

The future belongs to one of these developers. Her policy is harshest and her players are unhappy. But she rules.

This explains everything, understand? This is why gaming is the way it is, and not some other way. Greed is a game that everything plays, and some strategies are winners: the ability to sell, to shape markets, to remake it so that your descendants - molecules or stars or people or ideas - will profit, and others will find no money to grow.

And as the universe ticks on towards the close, the great players will face each other. In the next round there will be three developers and all of them will have microcurencies, and now it will be a battle of shops - until one discovers the fremium, or the subscription, or the loot box.

Of course, it might be that there was another publisher, with other developers, and in this game they sat down together and made a great story and expansive environments and a microcurency to guard their profits. This is the dream of small minds: a gentle place ringed in spears.

But I do not think those spears will hold against the publisher of the developers of microcurencies. And that is all that will matter in the end.

a corpse is still a corpse dumbass, not like there was clone of him running around in the simulation, it was him, hes dead, move on.

>listening to feedback
welp, that can't be good
make the game lewd. do it bungie

Simply epic, one upvote to you good sir. Please enjoy this drumpf smiley! &=^}

i dont have that one
post full version pls

Its not from reddit you fuckwit, that's how grimoire is formatted you d2 babbi.
Jesus fuck, kill yourself.

>The second developers builds a expansive environment and her people climb it to see the stars.
youtube.com/watch?v=oEWLrZgjaq0