/rsg/ Runescape general

pre-eoc best time edition

previous dead: Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. Requirements: 1500 total, Membership, at least one week active play)

>I've been inactive since the First Age, what did I miss?
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,91,65978797
>Latest Update
services.runescape.com/m=news/stalker-creatures--runescapes-birthday?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news
>2018's Year Ahead Video
youtube.com/watch?v=k-tYcYJEknQ
>2018's Year Ahead Dev Q&A
youtube.com/watch?v=olccC9ACA30

I like how the last thread died 10 hours ago.

2nd for death

>pre-eoc best time edition
If you love it so much OS is right next door. Trash OP.

osrs has nothing even close to pre-eoc

Best RuneScape girl.

that's not korasi

That's not Zilyana, you Zamorakian scum.

What do you think her magic smells like?

putrid gangrene

>like whatever scent turns you on

what is the slayer reward order? I mean ,5 upgrades do not feel worth it vs 1 slot of inventory taken by fungeonering shit

helm>full helm first of all
auto killing blows
broad arrows
putting shit on the toolbelt
full helm upgrades except the last one
blocks/prefers

whenever you feel you have everything you want you buy the last helm upgrade

killing soulgazers

This is how Runescape top players play.
If you think there's something wrong with this, you're a pleb.

07scape is a bunch of idiots thinking that just because it was fun when they were 12, means it will still be fun when they’re 25.

The game was actually at its peak shortly before eoc. I would say squeal of fortune was where things started to seem shaky, with runespan and bonfires getting the snowball rolling. EoC was the avalanche that resulted from it all.

Quests actually had very good and sought-after rewards like sw cape, korasi’s sword, Ava’s alerter, blisterwood and drakan medallion.
You could be fairly low-leveled with hardly any gp to your name and still feel like a god with DDef, Abby whip, neitiznot helm, proselyte, sw cape, culinaromancer’s gauntlets, dragon boots, and amulet of glory.

the virgin power armour vs the chad death lotus

>tfw glad I sided with Zamorak

why does no one wear anima chad core?

regular version is worse than nex
superior version is more expensive than t90

OSRS dev VS rs3

the OSRS is the pure rs, rs3 is chink mtx shithole
RS3 is roastie while pre eoc is virgin and pure . OSRS fags want to go back to pure times

>OSRS is the pure rs
>blowpipe is BIS for everything

that was the original intent fag, now they gradually becoming roastie, but with rs3 it was very quick change from pure to roastie, osrs is getting a gradual one

you're just helping the argument that pre-eoc was the best time, idiot

>t.virgin repair cuck

>virgin not augmented gear

>using virgin steroids

HE DIED LEL

came back to the grave, got his stuff and teled out

I want the baby Soulgazer and just passed 1800 kills, and the game decides to give me fucking Sparky instead

M-MUH TANK ARMOR

important to mention he was using legacy combat

gratz user
similar thing happened to me

Name ONE(1)uno slayer task you hate that everyone else would shame you for admitting to.
I'll start creatures of the lost grove because they require attention

eddimu
I don't know what it is, I just don't do them
in fact I even have them blocked

I blocked ripper memes not because enhanced devoted made them an easy enough task but because of that shitty instagib mechanic.

I used to skip them until I realized demon slayer tears through them fast enough so that their bar doesn't even fill once

I usually range them...one at a time because I didnt own a scythe until the other day before they started rising in price again.
Apparently you can cannon + sycthe them and they're easy.

yeah that's how I used to kill them
but idk, don't like 'em

Everything past 99 slayer. 120 Slayer was a mistake.

do you mean released after the 120 slayer update?
or creatures that require 100+ slayer level?

Dagannoths? I don't know if people still do those in EoC but I absolutely detest cannoning Slayer, so I've had dagannoths blocked for as long as I can remember.

>The game was actually at its peak shortly before eoc.
Bullshit, there was no pvp and pvp was literally the only fucking thing worth doing in the game after you're done with questing.

kings mate

Unfun boss.

either way, cannoning baby dags is like a 5 min task
not worth blocking imo

Even if you dont cannon I just use agg pots, SS and afk to browse the internet.

What gloves should I use for melee slayer? wiki basically says use tank gloves

>tank
no
cinderbane/torva/bandos

>osrs is unplayable without 3rd party clients
>gets good updates
>rs3 is playable and not as grindy
>gets shit updates
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Cinderbane

yesterday I was a random complaining in a twitch chat (my fault, I know) that osrs mobile will be trash because there won't be a osbuddy for it
and then other idiots started to @ him saying things like "oh shit it's true i haven't thought about that"
really made me think

>I saw a random
fixed

Is OSRS that bad without 3rd party clients. I never played old school, I'm just curious.

no, but some clients give some cool shit
live xp/h tracker, item name overlays for stuff in the ground, a while ago the official client didn't have a map and so on
but also some borderline cheat stuff, like changing the click option on bones from bury to use (to make it easier on altars), pray flicking timers, puzzle box solvers and other stuff

At least you don't want Vinny

Crystal shaoeshifters
Fuck those ball rolling faggots

Any slayer creature that requires 100+ slayer. They’re all either garbage to fight or are xp-focused instead of gp-focused, which just feeds into the pointlessness of 120 slayer.

Dominion gloves are a very strong alternative.

>They’re all either garbage to fight
>or are xp-focused instead of gp-focused

poorfag shitters need not apply

That's not as frustrating since I can't grind for it.

I like Nex.

fuck that bitch, she hasn't given me a unique in like 150 kills

Did you ask nicely?

yes

yes get the 2 second snare animation gloves

>Grinding slayer levels so you can kill creatures with worse drops but better xp so you can grind slayer levels faster and kill even worse creatures with higher slayer xp.

Remember when people grinded out levels in skills for the high-level unlocks and perks, and not just to make their xp bar go up? Remember when people wanted high slayer so they could kill gano beasts for amazing profit?

What are you leveling slayer for? No one will see your 120 cape anyways because you’ve probably got an override on.

>What are you leveling slayer for?
Comp

>what is the Sophenem Slayer dungern: the post
>what are hydrix dragons: the post
lmao shitter

>Remember when people grinded out levels in skills for the high-level unlocks and perks, and not just to make their xp bar go up?
No?
The point of grinding skills were always to get higher levels.
Slayer did have a good side effect which was the money you get doing, but you could as well just train combat and get the money form bossing.

Never argue with xp-autists

REEEEEEEEEE why can't I afk and make millions jamflex
why do tasks other than abby demons exist REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Remember when people grinded out levels in skills for the high-level unlocks and perks
yeah, high-level unlocks and perks that made you get xp faster, idiot

muh hiscores
muh "achievement"

Honest question. You play only to make gp?

>shitty instagib mechanic
literally walk one square east

this

>Hydrix dragons
>profit
Lmao mate they’re low tier when it comes to making money. People literally only do genstone dragons for xp.

And corrupted creatures are shit now, just like ascension creatures were a year after release, because it’s literally a copy paste with the same problems. Keys are less than 250k each and still dropping

I make over 1m profit from hydrix dragons, corrupted workers, and crocodile akhs.

Get good shitter.

This is why I hate that they made Slayer go to 120, the master cape is no longer its own accomplishment, it's just a stepping stone for comp now.

Reminder that every single achievement you get only has meaning for you, and nobody else.

Literally yes, because I’m gated from entering the comfy lifestyle by not having a Scythe, reaper necklace, not being able to afford using scrimshaws, or T90 armors, or buying the best perks, etc.
But as soon as I get to that point I can comfortably quit. I don’t need comp or max cape, I just want the experience of sub-3 minute araxxor kills, because I enjoy gambling my time for gp, and I want to be able to gamble my time faster. Which is way less autistic than enjoying erping in max guild in your custom comp cape.

Ok, I understand. Which is why I need to ask: If you don't plan on maxing or comping, why does Slayer being 120 or 99 matters for you?

Because he doesnt like when other people are more successful than he is.

>successful
See

Because I’m allowed to complain when Jagex releases content that isn’t geared towards me?
It’s like how you autists complain about Menaphos being a bad update because it doesn’t appeal to maxed players.
Except 120 slayer actually detriments me, because every shit slayer task they add means I’m less likely to get the good gp tasks thats I want.

And before you ask, I like the damage boost from helm, and I can use the slayer points towards reaper tasks.

If your goal is to make money, and just that, then there's no reason to do Slayer.
The amount of gp you get from one hour at Araxxor, even with 5 min kills is way higher than what you would get in 10 slayer tasks, no matter which ones.

Goliath gloves animation is pretty cool desu

reporting in...
YES! YES! LET THE HATE FLOW THROUGH YOU!

>stacy_and_fembot.gif

I’m also bad at killing araxxor :^)
Plus I don’t feel like gitting gud if a lot of the problems I’m facing can be avoided by simply having a higher damage output.

Do QBD then, it's still better money than Slayer.

do gwd2

>streak high enrage Telos

>divine charge prices rising
I bet the jews are behind this

What's your magic level, RSG?

My Magic level is 99.

>he doesnt make his own
lol

i like titties

I don't have the time to waste making them right now

>not putting maples from misc in the auto disassembler and withdrawing the parts a week later then just buy energy and make easy profit

are any of the machines worth it with just109 invention? i thought the best plank maker was the only thing worth building in there

yes, tier 2 plank maker doing mahogs is the current best profit for machines