store.steampowered.com/app/587260/Tokyo_Xanadu_eX/

>Zwei II is out on PC
store.steampowered.com/app/427700/Zwei_The_Ilvard_Insurrection/

>Trails of Cold Steel PC is out on Steam and GOG
store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:
mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Ys VIII fix patch, coming out on the 30th of January, for all platforms, and a switch version is also coming, possible partnership with Falcom for future games also teased:
twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/951155866018897920
nippon1.jp/news/new_title_interview/

-Sen no kiseki 4 website revealed, fair warning, it contains spoilers:
falcom.co.jp/sen4/

-Zwei!! English release by XSEED. Titled as Zwei : The Arges Adventure
xseedgames.com/2017/12/01/xseed-games-announces-second-entry-in-the-zwei-series-zwei-the-arges-adventure-for-pc-this-winter/

-Sen : The Last Saga to release sometime next year, most likely September
gematsu.com/2017/11/next-legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-will-last

-PS4 remasters of Sen 1 and 2 to release in March and April 2018, respectively
gematsu.com/2017/11/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-kai-ps4-launches-march-8-japan
gematsu.com/2017/12/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-ii-kai-ps4-launches-april-26-japan

-Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt
Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Other urls found in this thread:

translate.google.com/translate?hl=no&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://nippon1.jp/news/new_title_interview/
resetera.com/posts/3152819/
youtube.com/watch?v=ERX4xJiq09A
twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/951516812138635264
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ready or not, here I come!

>tfw your shitposts are becoming reality
What is this power /fg/

>I am extremely happy to have announced a collaborative project with Mr. Falcom. Of course not only for Ys fans, Falcom's fans, Nintendo's fans, for everyone, we would like to expand not only "Ys VIII" but also other titles.

translate.google.com/translate?hl=no&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://nippon1.jp/news/new_title_interview/

"I am extremely happy to have announced a collaborative project with Mr. Falcom. Of course not only for Ys fans, Falcom's fans, Nintendo's fans, for everyone, we would like to expand not only "Ys VIII" but also other titles."

Well, I hope you're all looking forward to Trails in the Flash 3.

Nah, it's The Blinking Trajectory III

Can't wait for Trajectory of the Flash 3 starring Rin Swartzer and Atintin Oorion brought to you by NISA

Look forward to it, I hear we're going to fight the big snake association a lot!!

Tooting the shitposters away

>shit translation and 80's anime dub
Sen was made for this.

Best thing about the NISA partnership?
No more Sean Chiplock, that nigga acting like a bitch sending letters

Hope it fucks him in the ass lmao bitch nigga ass

Chiplock was in Ys VIII

>flips out over falcom/nisa
>joins their project anyway
wew lad
Even that furry's loyalty is as nonexistent as Falcom's.

>We finally get GOOD voice acting like shown in the Ys8 update videos
>AND Jap dub
How do we feel about this /fg/

Not too good. I already know nisa will fuck it up somehow.

Is the Fate Extella switch port any indication of XSEED's ability to get Falcom games to the Switch?

No. The entire localization of Extella was commissioned and outsourced by Marvelous JP through XSEED. They didn't have anything to do with it other than keeping in touch the company that did the localization and port. Mostly a Marvelous thing, since they own XSEED.

>tfw leddit meltdown
glorious

>/fg/ is the only place on the internet that's been memeing about this since the first thread on /v/
Hilarious to see it happening.

Brand loyalty at its worst. I bet none of them realize just how many liberties FC and SC took.

Not to mention Cold Steel. It's insane how many one word lines or sighs have been replaced with monologues.

Only other option is to learn japanese desu. Falcom will benefit greatly from this partnership. While I would rather Xseed handle future Ys and Kiseki games, its just not gonna happen.

>nis now deeply imbedded with falcom, even in nippon
resetera.com/posts/3152819/

Might have something to do with their partnership with Sony. I'm sure they'll be getting royalties from all sales though.

Of course. They're just letting NIS handle everything, like they said they would from now on regarding ports and localizations. Third parties, that is. Falcom will just continue autistically developing their games the way they've always done.

>falcom has stated they won't port anything themselves anymore
>nisa and falcom announced a multi-game partnership
>the nintendo switch is the biggest gaming platform in japan currently
>nisa will port all their games to the platform henceforth
>meaning localization will always go to NISA, their western branch
Enjoy, /fg/, enjoy.

Based NIS and NISA, brute forcing other localization companies out of any future contract negotiations. Based, indeed.

Any news on xseed picking up CS3 yet?

I just want to play CS3 ASAP, so today was a good day. My only concern is that NISA will handle the dub just like Falcom. That is, with lots of scenes where some characters are voiced and some aren't. Hopefully they take cues from XSEED instead of cheaping out.

Yes, they'll announce it on Friday during their stream.

Holy shit, /r/falcom is having a meltdown.

The deal isn't between NISA and Falcom you fucking mongoloids, it's between Falcom and NIS. This is porting more games to the fucking Switch.

NISA also just flushed a fuckton of staff. First off learn how to fucking read. Secondly get the XSEED dick out of your ass.

The NISA flush was already leaked a while ago. They'll be replaced by NIS employees and rebranded NIS International. Also, see and disregard the NIS/NISA flub
No one other than NIS' western branch will localize Falcom games now.

>NISA also just flushed a fuckton of staff.

Hopefully that means they got rid of the bad eggs, and that they won't fuck up another release like this one again.

Yep. If NISA announces Sen III or Sen I/II Kai in February, it'll seal the deal. Then the shitposting will REALLY ramp up

That's basically what it means, and it's rumored to have been fueled by their mismanagement of Ys 8. The NIS president is a huge Falcom fan.

lol

Not this quarter.

All we need now, is make sure their ports are decent, Durante has 1 hour and half or so clocked in on Ys VIII on steam, so hopefully that means they got him to take a look at it. They already localized Cold steel in Europe, so they would want to keep terms and other things in continuity with the European one based off Xseed, so i wouldn't worry about terms too much (but do worry a little).

I sincerely hope so anons.

Mean to say published in Europe.

Apparently the Nisa president and Kondo are friends or something?

If they have to do CS I&II Kai don't get your hopes up on it being anytime before xseed could have done it.

Falcom owns both the Trails of Cold Steel trademark AND XSEED's English script. They also own the Sky scripts. If/When NIS localizes Kiseki, it'll be consistent.

>Falcom owns both the Trails of Cold Steel trademark AND XSEED's English script.
Not that I don't believe it, but a source for this would be nice.

>get out of my safe space bro

>Notions
>Protectors
>Ancient species

>Falcom are stupid enough to let contractors have full rights and trademarks of their games scripts and terminology
What's more likely, it's probably under nda

I personally don't care about who gets localization rights. But i would prefer xseed keeps trails. I have not forgiven NISA for their butchering of AT2.

NIShitters must be underage fags who don't realize how huge a difference a change in publisher can make in terms of quality. If NIShit gets kiseki, they will ruin it, and you will see.

Calvard when?

Guess what, if XSEED had kept the license, those who are underage now would be full adults with families by the time a single fucking Kiseki had been released. Get over it.

Ar Tonelico 2's localization was a tragedy, thankfully a fan translation exists now.

Don't worry kiddo you'll see. By the time it's over you'll hate NIShit just as much as us older and wiser folks

God damn it, at least don't jinx it. I also don't fully trust Nisa, but hey at least hold a little hope there. They dropped their bullshit to fix Ys 8, which seems more like a face saving deal, but who knows, maybe it won't be complete garbage if they get more games. And they did publish in Europe, so if all of a sudden they go from Anguis to "pillar", it wouldn't make sense.

Nope. Fool me once nisa shame on you. Fool me-you can't get fooled again.

Personally, I'd love to see them changing Enforcer to Legion.

Fortunately for everyone, only a small percentage of existing western Falcom fans are this autistic about localization loyalty. Falcom's future in the west just got that much brighter. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Its not about loyalty, nisa has a history of incompetence.

Fucking this, and Kiseki is more complex than Ar tonelico. NISA will fuck up but whatever, you cucks will see soon enough.

Blind loyalist not able to look foward. Wew lad. You know they fixed Ys VIII, right?

It would sound awkward as fuck in my opinion "Mcburn, the 1st Legion".

I'll wait till the release to agree if its fixed or not.

"McBurn, 1st Legion."

>Geofront edits Crossbell to be consistent with XSEED's translation, only to be inconsistent with NISA's
I wonder what Zerker's thinking right now.

You talk as if it's confirmed that they would change shit. And even then, there's more games on the series localized by Xseed by this point, and they published said translations in Europe.

Anyway, now that's all settled and everything.

Remember those days when the first thing people here posted about Ash was asking both Alisa and Rean if they made out and that was all people posted about Ash without any theories whatsoever about him while everyone concentrated on thinking that Musse was suspicious as fuck? Then it turns out that while Musse is indeed suspicious as fuck, Ash ended up having a larger role in the grand scheme of things?

Those Evo ports are looking mighty Switchalicious. :3

I don't think anyone is gonna give a proper fuck to theorize right now, but sure but we still don't know what's up with Ash's curse being so particularly different.

So long as Kadowaka isn't gonna rip out their toes with pricing, who knows. Your little cat face doesn't make me take your bulshit seriously, actually try and support on why they would bother by this point instead of just trying to meme.

Evo sold plenty on the Vita, would sell even more on the Switch. NIS does the porting and publishing in Japan for Falcom, their western branch acquires localization rights.

So is this actually switch gameplay, or are they just borrowing PS4 stuff for now?

youtube.com/watch?v=ERX4xJiq09A

I want KeA to make Nintendo Bankrupt by 2000. I want off this timeline.

>Somehow after all this news, xshills still think Xshit will get Sen III
huhu

Who the fuck cares about a switch port? Who are these idiots with a switch but not a ps4?

The video is 60 fps, yet the gameplay remains at a solid 30 throughout. Looks almost like the PS4 version, with lower res shadows and less visible grass. Seems like it would be the Switch version.

So people would basically be paying for a lower quality port.

Doesn't matter. The Switch is the dominant platform in Japan now, having replaced the 3DS. Falcom's made a deal to have their games ported by NIS to the switch from now on. It just means NIS' western branch will always get the localization rights to their games. That's what we're excited about.

That's literally the Switch in a nutshell. And also MUH MARIO and MUH ZELDA.

>excited about

Stop paying people to shill for you, NISA.

twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/951516812138635264
XSEED SAVES THE DAY
:3

The Switch isn't just a 3DS replacement. Part of its success so far is also due to it basically being the successor to the Vita. Sony doesn't give a shit about handheld gaming anymore, and as the Vita dies, companies that developed for it are moving to the Switch. So yeah, Ys VIII being on the Switch is huge for both NIS and Falcom. Now I can see why Hatsuu felt hopeless, saying they'd need some magic to get Sen 3.

Zwei! (Released in 2001) is now gonna be available for 20 bucks on the 24th of January! It has an existing fan translation, but who cares! Pay! Play! ENJOY!

Weren't some of you guys hoping Nisa gets some older games too though? Why is it bad when Xseed does it?

>tfw you realize this is a form of damage control

Not just any magic, BLACK MAGIC
I'm glad she doesn't get to change bits and parts of the game by how she's feeling on a particular day.

kek, no, only kiseki
literally NO ONE cares about zwei

You do realize she's the one who found most of the shit wrong done by older staff who worked on the games prior to them allowing her to work on it, and lessening the re writes right? The 3rd was probably one of the most straight forward ones.

I mean, she gets memed a lot, but you guys usually attribute stuff to her, that she didn't even touch.

>XSEED announces Sen II early last year
>No steam page
>Square announces FFXII on steam
>Comes out next month
lo

wow it's almost as if square enix and xseed are completely incomparable in terms of size and resources or something..what a stupid shitpost

>Niche sequel of a game that's barely marketed goes up against FF12 with a 20% discount
lmao "Q1" any bets on them delaying it

XSEED:
>17 year old game
>20 bucks
>15 hour game
Square Enix:
>HD remaster of previously unreleased version of FFXII
>40 bucks at 20% off
>100+ hours of content
I also like how XSEED sells Zwei for 20 euros in other regions, completely unconverted. Wew lad.

FFX/X-2 HD was an unnamed app on Steamdb for around a year before it was announced. Probably the same case here. This is basically the XSEED strategy perfected: announce it when you're almost finished, but giving more than just 1-2 weeks notice.

So is Nisa going to offer Japanese text in the Switch port too?

It's a simple port, nigger. Square wouldn't need a year to do a port. They just wait for a while before releasing games on PC to make sure piracy doesn't affect console sales, and to make people who can't wait double dip. Don't confuse Square's greed with XSEED's incompetence.

>Distorting common practice of delaying PC ports to save up on console sales just to try and make a point

Come on now, it happens all the goddamn time with big name companies who also port to PC.

the JP version of Disgaea 5 included the EN text + EN audio, the reverse might be true not sure on that one

It's NIS who are doing the port, and they're also publishing it in Japan. Not sure if the English version will have a Japanese text option, but it will be released in Japan. NISA doesn't actually have programmers in-house and consist entirely of localization staff.

I mean, Japanese news keep commenting on it, it would be pretty damn dumb of them not to.

According to Hatsu, Zwei has been in development longer than the current Cs 2 PC port, they just took the approach of announcing it closer to completion basically.

If you're asking if NISA is gonna put the jap audio and text in their published JAPANESE version then no shit of course it's gonna have it in Japanese version, if you're asking if NISA is going to put Jap audio and text in their NA/EU versions, who knows

I N C O M P E T E N C E
Can't make this shit up.