/hat/ - A Hat in Time Genera

/hat/ #18 War, War never changes edition

>Latest News
AHIT is the highest rated platformer on Steam of all time, our little kid actually did it! Headpats all around!

>Official FAQ
support.hatintime.com/hc/en-us

>Unofficial FAQ
pastebin.com/07c1tSuE

>Modding Guides
To play mods, go to properties on the game and opt into the modding beta (currently steam only, GOG soon™). A mod option will appear at the bottom of the pause menu if it's working.
If you want to start using the modding tools, download the Hat in Time editor from the "Tools" section of steam library.
Beginner UDK Tutorial! - youtube.com/watch?v=9KsLbUYwF70 [Open]
Importing Assets! - youtube.com/watch?v=me8ARBf6wHU [Open]
Dyes! - youtube.com/watch?v=19FMpNtN0pw [Open]
Hats! - hatintime-mods.net/index.php?thread/2-how-to-make-a-new-hat/
Dialogue! - hatintime-mods.net/index.php?thread/15-creating-custom-dialogs/
Language Packs? - youtube.com/watch?v=7MUe1HVmX8E [Open]
Console Commands! - steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1163274530

>Art Rips (Shouldn't look at these til you beat the game)
Subcon/Vanessa Manor - mediafire.com/file/ajcm6b5ib5fmfns/
Hub - mediafire.com/file/668r6yp9ln7jkwn/
Dead Bird - mediafire.com/file/vet0538dbs5kj5r/

>Other Links
Official Manual - hatintime.com/public/AHatinTime_Manual_Official.pdf
Diary Entries - pastebin.com/mNyPzbrM
Official OST (MP3): mega.nz/#F!4GQggJjA!-S4M9tawFGHBdjjbVBGOIQ
Ripped OST (Ogg, has more tracks not in the official one): mega.nz/#!Qn5XiZpK!Qxunhpru1y9d5QMRMvydUHqJzv-PNOs7mgearp4Mcl8

>Official Discord
discord.gg/H4Kpkh6

>Previous Hat:
→ #

>Talk About Modding
>Post Modding
>Hope for more Modding
>Protect Hat Kid
>Share your photos
>Headpat all HKs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rSSFtha4zIE
youtube.com/watch?v=3jvGAcpd7bo
youtube.com/watch?v=5desP7PyFfc
youtube.com/watch?v=gzlzu150pGI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My bad, actual last thread

hat kid a cute

Sauce on that pic?

Vietnam, 1972

But really, I don't have it unfortunately

Continuing from the previous thread, draw Conductor from memory and post it.

>blpblpblpplplpplllppllplp

yes

here's mine again

it's been nearly 45 and this doesn't have 5 replies. rip hat

As you wish
I chose not to acknowledge it.

>240 proof booze
Yes please!

boop

Let's breathe some life in this thread

>Favorite hat
>Favorite Character
>top three favorite act
>top three favorite music
>Favorite chapter as a whole
>Favorite boss
>Favorite story time rift
>Conductor or DJ Grooves?

Do you know how many /hat/izens have seen that image? It's not special anymore.

Ice Hat. In terms of design. In terms of usefulness the Time Stop hat is broke to hell with the Fast Hatter badge.

Snatcher.

1. Murder on The Owl Express
2. Queen Vanessa's Manor
3. The Windmill

1. Your Contract Has Expired
2. The Battle of Award 42
3. Mafia Boss

Chapter 2. Chapter 3 is a close second.

Conductor/DJ Grooves

Sleepy Subcon

Conductor best bird(?). Although Grooves ended up winning the award on my play through.

>Favorite hat
Bunny hood
>Favorite Character
R. King
>top three favorite act
Mafia Boss ( I just like running around Mafia Town at night)
Alpine Windmill
Alpine twilight
Big Parade
Alpine Skyline time rift 2
Mafia Town is Asleep
Alpine Skyline
>Favorite boss
Mustache Girl
Battle of the Birds
Conductor

Three hundred hours in mspaint

>Favorite hat
stock sprint hat

>Favorite Character
Pic related

>top three favorite act
Train rush, vanessa's Manor, Moon parade

youtube.com/watch?v=rSSFtha4zIE
youtube.com/watch?v=3jvGAcpd7bo
youtube.com/watch?v=5desP7PyFfc

Chapter 2, love the whole rivalry going on between the Conductor and DJ Grooves. I did my best on both for my first time and got the Conductor

>Favorite boss
Pic related, would have been Snatcher if he had a second phase

Sleepy subcon

Conductor wins it. DJ Groove bail you out, but Conductor has the better voice and look to fight against

Do you have any headcanons, /hat/?

I got nothing that isn't strongly hinted at by the in game drawings.

phk a cute

while the drawings wraps up nicely almost everything, it's would be nice to know why hat kid left home, what happened and what will happen next

How cuddly would HK be on a good day?

delete this or I snap your neck user

This is a huge stretch and I doubt it myself, but:
HK starts her journey 40 time-pieces away from her ultimate destination. The time pieces appear to be hourglasses, a tool used to measure units of time.

40 units of time until she achieves her goal.

>Moses led the Jews through the desert for 40 years
>Moses was on Mt. Sinai for 40 days
>Elijah went without food or water for 40 days on Mt. Horeb
>Jesus was tempted for 40 days while wandering the desert

Perhaps HK was on a pilgrimage as a rite of passage.

:(

I hope you aren't lewding the characters, user

Give me the bow and we'll call it even.

I'm pretty sure the number of time pieces has more to do to make the game feel complete since it's 40 of them and there are four chapters

Since hat girl wasn't original back from home and going back there, maybe she got flung there by space anomaly or something

Also, pilgrimages, or at least journies are a recurring theme in the time rift stories of acts 1, 2, and 4 (and maybe 3. I can't remember 3's story at all.)

but youve already lost

unironically delet this, now

blehhhhh

Help! I'm getting snatched!

How do we deal with lewdposters?

I will channel this hatred and betrayal, Bow Kid, store it deep within my tiny body and unleash it on wowl. Every screech of terror is on you.

As if you weren't going to do that already.

>implying we can stop the lewdposters

You know me far to well.

Little child is predictable.

Feeling a little fired up, now, aren't 'chya, PHK?

that nose will never not be funny

Final Form Corvus? Corvus right hand pet? Complete brand new OC villain?

Hat Kid
s TRUE alien form?

min pls

me havin a giggle
"Thats the beauty of it, Kid... I dont have to prove Im some kind of God of Time. I dont have to uphold a society on my shoulders and find myself under the scrutiny of non believers and rival 'Gods'. Im no God of Time. I own Time. Im the CEO. It's my property, just a simple fact on paper."

Lift up HKs front fringe, there is a third eye. This is my head canon and nobody can tell me different.

I know there is a picture in Picture Perfect of her forehead but IT'S REAL TO ME DAMN IT!

Is that your umbrella or are you just happy to see me?

Mebe

I cant decide. In my headcanon Tim is an entirely different entity much older than we realize. Also me and a friend are lore crafting and fooling around and we came up with this whole thing that hes a bad guy that has some kind of plan to make a profit off of Time. Thus the "CEO of Time" moniker.

Also, what's wrong with y'all, not letting me about this beautiful piece of music? youtube.com/watch?v=gzlzu150pGI

Lore? A profit off of Time? Interesting...

Ice hat (with raccoon ears)
Snatcher
Final boss of Subcon, twilight Bell and mail delivery.
Don’t have any. It all sounds great.
Alphine skyline.
Snatcher
The feels from subcon
Peck necks. The both of them.

well, thats just us fucking around. Pretty sure the characters origional role was just "Time Caretaker" and you were a subordinate.

You have me terribly interested now. Tim was just a "Time Caretaker" and I figuratively was a subordinate? This is a roller-coaster I can get on, actually. What is Tim now? Who am I figuratively now?
You're providing so much more lore than anyone else I know, keep at it!

well now youre just hat kid and Tim is non canon. Im guessing he was to be your reason for collecting Time Pieces or something.
In my version, hes a bad guy.

>trips over the roomba

If we're all sharing our headcannons!

I've always loved the idea of HK being some low tier rank soldier, I sort of love having an entire game dedicated to us thinking she is some Time Lord god only for a sequel to reveal that she was bassically the Time equivelant of a lorry driver moving time cargo pieces, but in space. Even then, it wasn't even a big cargo, 40 pieces is nothing, say, a normal cargo could be literal thousands, to the more trusted Time Lords, but because this was her first job, it was a test. It could explain why she was so annoyed/adamant to get them all back, maybe to earn her rank or proove herself.

We have a cute/funny scene in the sequel of those 40 time pieces being loaded into a literal PLANET sized hourglass, and it making it real obvious that this 40 pieces did NOTHING, bassically making all of AHIT 1 even more pointless, but in a jokey, oh for fuck sake kind of way.

Just a small part of the whole story, however. I love an underdog story, and this imo, makes HK exactly that.

This pleases me. Please tell me you broke your nose on that fall.

for me, shes the last of an entire race. The explosion on her ETA screen is her visiting where she believed her people hailed from in time, only to discover everything was already dead and that it was a destroyed timeline, with the only survivor being the one who set it all in motion. Cavus. He tried to steal her Time Pieces to undo his mistakes and fix the world, but she needed them to get home. She beats Cavus, Cavus concedes and tells her the story of what all happened, then only asks that she remember him and what happened, and hopes that she will use the time power for the right things (something actually said in the lore videos). That, to me, is why she doesnt want to use the Time Pieces for ANYTHING except going home. They are dangerous. Theres a reason the last level of the game is "Act 1: Finale. Chapter 1: Time's End."
Mustache has no idea what kind of power shes playing with.
I can also go into my deeplore of what I think the videos all meant and what that ancient society was like but this is just my "Hat Kid" origins belief.

Adding to this, it would also explain the quick cut ending and why HK was a little bit uhh, harsh, to her new friends, and just brooming them off the ship. She knew she had to move on and not fuck around, because she had a duty to fulfil Would explain the little teary eyed bit because she obviously wants to stay, maybe. Especially Snatcher. She loves Snatcher. This isn't head cannon, this is cannon, fight me. . NOT IN THAT WAY, IDIOTS.

>he was to be your reason for collecting Time Pieces or something.
But wasn't canon just that you needed fuel to "get home"? Unless you're saying that HK has a hidden storage of TPs somewhere on the ship? Very curious...

Headcannons, you say? Fine.

HK has a definite understanding of what it means to mess around with time, despite her young demeanor. I believe that not just everybody gets this amount of knowledge into time, especially considering the potential consequences and resultant cleanup it would take to undo it (see: Mustache Kid). I don't like the idea of HK being some sort of talent, but I don't mind if she's very efficient at her job of preserving the current timeline. I prefer a more "prove yourself" style of lore, where it's more based on HK/your's ability to overcome considerably more powerful obstacles through cleverness/creativity (see: Snatcher fight). She would be, essentially, a time janitor, but one that knows every single detail of the plumbing, due to how many cloggy timelines/after-effects she's had to deal with. She's not devoid of emotion, but would rather not be involved with cleaning up the fun. This is why I never give MK a TP, because eventually, I'd have to go back and fix it.

well, Im talking about alpha stuff. That and Im probably way off too. Its just what the feeling I get from it.

>talking about alpha stuff
I'll concede to you on that, since I don't have any experience with the alpha myself.

i'm fine i'm fine i'm fine i'm fine i'm

I dont know a whole lot either, just a little

I love that, prove yourself is the way to go for any of the lore, in my opinion. HK is such a good underdog character, but not the kind of push over underdog, she holds herself well In the story and doesn't come across as mary sue. The fun child aspect must also always stay, seeing as the contract moment with Snatcher is one of the best displays of character development in a video game for a very very long time, and not a word is said. That is the moment the player, in my opinion, understands exactly what character HK is. A cheeky little shit who does just want to go home, but she is a little brat as well.

Nice stride, Kid. Where the hell is your hat? Did you faceplant so hard you lost it?

More than me.

Godnight, /hat/. I'll be back later today/tomorrow.

Night night, Min.

>needing a hat
it slows me down anyways and i left it in my room for safe keeping

Pierce your hands on that cactus if you're so tough, Hatless Kid.

i got places to go and owls to kick

>Owls to kick

Godspeed, Hatless Kid.

that penguin needs to die too by the way, the owls are just collateral

into the ventilation i go

dj hatless in the house

well uh... thread is ded?

Keep posting, silly. /hat/ watches in silence, and only sometimes if we feel the need talk while somebody is posting pics.

Lurker here, can confirm

oh okay you bunch of creeps

Time Pieces, son. They turn back time in response to physical trauma.

good thing i'm a degenerate sub-human

we're off to go get penguin

wait does this place have any blue paint i wonder

yes it does

i don't know how i'll get to penguin but i'll manage somehow

Eat the paint, trust me on this.

i think i'll call it a night, too tired to post
i'll be back tomorrow to finish the job
don't worry i already did

Boop

Oh hi there!

Sleepy /hat/ boop