/arena/ - Arena FPS General

Waiting for them Hitboxes from Timmy Edition.

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

News: Hotfix was borked, Standby says Beth.

>Tutorials
youtube.com/watch?v=SSNNhUAVRuA
youtube.com/watch?v=gpir6ZZKmcM
youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtube.com/watch?v=f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=n2tdDZWSGy4
youtube.com/watch?v=dkED2PSrl1c

>Q:C custom weapon skin showcase, complete with dual wield:
my.mixtape.moe/qebphk.webm

>List of /arena/ fags willing to play Q:C
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_r9pS_mV3vAZXwJmb5gM5LB2km77pkAx9s0aGFDxR0/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OcU_v-veZ9g
mp1st.com/news/lawbreakers-player-count-finally-dropped-to-zero-on-pc
youtube.com/watch?v=bj_2AHg0WkU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Buy groceries and eat for a week or order pizza and eat tonight but play Quake?

THE ANSWER IS OBVIOUS

It takes me 30minutes to get grocceries and buy frozen pizza.

There's a better way to deal with life and gaming, user.

How the fuck does a shit player like RottenRose get signed with myztro. What the fuck?

woman+hookup system, most of myztro is unimpressive

Jehar's gf. The better question is how does a shitter like sponge and syncerror get put in charge of QC.

youtube.com/watch?v=OcU_v-veZ9g

Eight for anime!

she doesn't even attempt to strafejump

Are rockets too fast in QC?

I believe so. They go 1200 UPS instead of 1000

Nah they're perfect.

>can't play Quake to even a modicum of competency
>thinks he's fit to balance and determine its future
his movement looks like he's playing CS

mp1st.com/news/lawbreakers-player-count-finally-dropped-to-zero-on-pc

Make them slower and Lights get even stronger

he hates afps with movement

to be fair, Lawbreakers was less SJW than Overwatch, and it was also headed by a stupid fucking idiot, and it was signed by nexon.
SJW stuff had nothing to do with the game being dead. Had everything to do with dealing with that curse that is nexon and cliffyB's fat head.

>That Trigger Discipline.
Well done Artist, Well done.

i hate to tell you this
but the quake devs were always trash at their own game

LITERALLY the only reason q3a was worth a fuck at all was due to adjustments made by the community. dont be a blind nostalgiafag; anyone in this thread would trounce the original devteam

quake 3 was a mistake

Romero used to play the shit out of all their games in MP. No doubt his level of ability was quickly surpassed by dedicated players, but he was the best Quake player for a few weeks (he'd been practicing in-house, the game released to the world and he already had hundreds of hours of practice) after release

all of that and in the end the game just isn't very good desu

>everyone insults Sqzthot
>all the other woman streamers are worse

i wonder if QC will ever be released. Saber can't do small patches correctly so how are they going to do the bigger stuff? Bethesda probably will just pull the plug and obviously won't hire a better developer to remake the game. When the first closed beta came out, this was inconceivable but now it seems more and more likely

and then they will say people just dont like arena shootera anymore ;)

all the other woman streamers are less jiggly

can men have boob envy?

every man wants to be the little girl

when the boobs are sqztoy's gorgeous jigglies, yes

Why doesn't the sign fucking say "WC" or have a picture of a toilet like regular non-politicized "gender neutral" toilets in the real world?

He immediately fell in love with rocket jumping when he first tried it - compared with carmack, who didn't want bunnyhopping or strafejumping to be in Q3A at all.

I want a full singleplayer game where you control one of the Quake waifu characters.

would be good

Where's my Turok-clone starring Hunter slaughtering Sorg Tim? Where is it you bald prick?

I recall reading about Carmack rolling back the strafejump removal because it "changed the feel of the movement in an unfortunate way" or some shit
He always got his autism flared up over SJing because it's technically an exploit, but in the end he conceded to reason

>Turok meets Unreal meets Trespasser

He probably couldn't argue in favor of removing SJing but keeping rocket jumps, ramp jumps and the other interesting exploits

Galena would be the only interesting one.

Besides, Visor would be 9 million times more interesting as an SP game protagonist. Tell me you don't want to fight chechens as a technomagical spetsnaz operator with literal nightmare vision goggles. And of course you start getting visions of eldritch demon shit after a while and the eldritch demon shit start noticing you too.

Strafejumping feels so natural to me, and I don't have a backround in Quake games.

Is Visor's fucling comic out yet? The wait is killin' me.

visor is more interesting but visor is not 6'6" of lightning gun wielding amazonian she-stud with a canyon of tits to see every time you look down

I don't think Tardcharge's comic is even out yet.

this is not ok

Does UT4 still not have mouse acceleration implemented? Haven't played for over a year so sorta curious.

I think a Visor-focused game would work if they took queues from Fear and placed heavy emphasis on atmosphere, enemy ai and their interactions with the environment and player, and spoopy ghosts. You could even tie in his cosmetics from QC, with Psionic focusing on using your psi powers, Spartan sacrificing those powers for gunplay, and his Q3 look being a secret unlockable that's super best at both.

According to comixology it comes out the 24th, but it also lists the fourth issue for a Jan 17th release so I don't know what the fuck to believe.

>his Q3 look being a secret unlockable that's super best at both.
default Q:C Visor looks better than q3a Visor

>I think a Visor-focused game would work if they took queues from Fear and placed heavy emphasis on atmosphere, enemy ai and their interactions with the environment and player, and spoopy ghosts.
This this this.

>You could even tie in his cosmetics from QC, with Psionic focusing on using your psi powers, Spartan sacrificing those powers for gunplay, and his Q3 look being a secret unlockable that's super best at both.
Nah, no rpg mechanics imho. You should gradually unlock more psi powers as you progress at preset spots though.

>Ledditor had to post the thread
Is /arena/ really this dead?

Oh and at some point when you've killed a bunch of demons their corpses change and it's fellow soldiers/civilians and then soon you go completely bonkers.

Also the entire game is in Russian and the subtitles are My Summer Car level 'you shit of a fuck' translations.

that would actually probably be received quite well

yes

I'd fucking buy it.

Why is Cooller player Overwatch? Has he lost faith?

washed up chase the money. there's not a thing you can complain about in QC that Overwatch doesn't manage to do worse. only reason to play overwatch is to chase money.

I see that Dusk is now in Early Access.
Has anyone gotten a chance to try it yet?

yeah the netcode is absolute trash and the movement is worse than painkiller

It doesn't look any fun at all to me, and it looks like it's trying to be retro, but end up worse looking than most actual games from the 90s. I rather just play Redneck Rampage again than touch Dusk.

base game is fun and good so far
the duskworld multiplayer mode is in really early stages so it's hard to say how it'll end up

I think why I like QC so much is that
a. It's my first Quake game so I don't compare it to anything like it
b. I dominate people
Realizing how angry I get when I lose and I win far far more than I lose I can't imagine how it must feel to lose more than you win.

>this is what the world looks like through visor's mask
>all the time

Visor's Eternal set >>> Visor Prime

every time i say that it's 'hurhur no nostalgiafag vanilla qc version is better'

I always prefered the simple black faceplate to the two piece mask his QC default has. Visor Prime is good as well, reminds me of the edgy Spartan-III, but there's beauty in Eternal's simplicity.

nine inch nails sucks and romero and mcgee were stupid heads

Fuck off Tim.

Can't wait for Fallout Vault Dweller, Dovakin, Corvo, Morgan Yu, Mario, Bayonetta, Sonic, Cloud Strife, and others as Champions

>ranger is a manlet

I want a dwarven centurion skin for keel

>washed up chase the money. there's not a thing you can complain about in QC that Overwatch doesn't manage to do worse. only reason to play overwatch is to chase money.

Except Overwatch is not a dead pile of shit like QC which is basically the only thing people should care about.

This repetitive tedious garbage is starting to get really boring.

please don't talkin about overrated anime-waifus casual mobashit fps

I found an episode of Sorlag but it's not the game version.
youtube.com/watch?v=bj_2AHg0WkU

you see any horns on sorlag's scalp you dumb motherfucker

>eng dub

200% ded

>insta kill abilities
>invulnerability ability
>hitboxes so small you can't even do damage to some enemies
>no proper matchmaking
No idea why anybody would continue to play qc.

>So Quake Champions #4 has been cancelled BUT will merge with #3 as a whopping 44page comic
Guess it didnt sell so good

Because other shooters do this far worse than QC.
The only champs with hitbox problems now are Anarki and Slash. And slash's hitbox is only abusable if she can crouch slide right now.
If you're seriously complaining about nyx, you're just bad, and stupid.
CoD and Battlefield have never had skill based matchmaking, and they do just fine.
As for 1 Shot abilities, it's literally just ranger that can 1 shot people. Everything else requires so much input to pull off, that majority of the skills will stay within weapons. There's more potential for 1 shots with Quad+Weapon than any ability in the game.

This incensent horseshit level complaining by oldfags, is driving away any newfags who want to play this game.

The only real legitimate complaint here is Anarki and Slash's hitbox problems. Everything else most very popular games do far worse by a long shot.

>Because other shooters do this far worse than QC.
They don't?
tf2 is better "champion shooter" than qc and ql/warsow/xonotic/reflex are better duel games compared to qc.

You're not making arguments. You're just stating they're better. Why are those games better?

>201605150
You are not making argument.
You are just spouting retarded retarded shit like the faggot you are.

Get a trip

>As for 1 Shot abilities, it's literally just ranger that can 1 shot people.
Nyx can. They are not acceptable in form other than maybe with teleporters.

>Missing the point about other shooters.
I dont know why I even said anything.

Nyx's is irrelevant because it's not a reliable mechanic.
And if you wanna get technical, her ability isn't actually a stealth. It's called a Void Slip/Voidwalk. So it makes sense that it'd telefrag if you rephase into the world inside of someone.

>Nyx's is irrelevant because it's not a reliable mechanic.
>instakill is fine because it's not reliable
just kill yourself

>no proper matchmaking

played this genre for years with just a server browser, so this isn't needed at all

No you just kill yourself user.

If you're so worried about instakills you better not play any other modern FPS on the market because compared to QC, they are chocked full of them to the brim. Especially Overwatch, PUBG, CoD, Battlefield, CSGO, ect.

How I miss the server browser. Could pick any server I want close by, play with my friends without having to hassle about with friends lists and closed lobbies, being able to maintain the community long after the developer and publisher closed down official servers. Being able to choose any populated server with any ruleset that you liked was great. Now we get matchmaking, and as soon as the fight is over, you have to start matchmaking all over again.

I know people like to feel proud about being PC master race, but playing current games on PCs these days sure feel like playing on a console. Even in PC exclusive titles. Games got dumbed down, and I don't really understand how it happened.

You can choose which server you play on. Servers let you vote kick people. Witch QL there are even servers that won't let people in that are not in specific elo range.

>If you're so worried about instakills you better not play any other modern FPS
The fuck are rambling retard?
Instakill abilities are not acceptable, nobody gives shit how other shit games manage their gameplay.

>there are even servers that won't let people in that are not in specific elo range.
Elitist cunts. People that set up servers like that deserve a dead game. Without a constant stream of new players The game will just die out, and as soon as your fellow elo rating fags drop out to pursue other interests, you're left with absolutely nobody to play with.

>Elitist cunts
Way better than having "search match" which puts 4 first timers against 4 top 100 duelers.

Help, I can't decide which one goes in anarcommies

That's just the learning curve. Games shouldn't give you instant gratification, and I don't believe anyone new can become good at something without seeing and feeling someone great in action. Finally winning against old players feels great after having being perforated for weeks, or even months. Setting beginners up against other beginners without any oldfags to show them the way is just instant gratification, and not fun at all. The game just becomes a yawn fest. It is more fun to land on 8th (or lose your rifter) over and over again and learn how to play the game so you can win against the same players that raped you earlier.

See your responses and kneejerk behavior is how we know you're an illegitimate fucking retard who has no ability to reason

>Now we get matchmaking, and as soon as the fight is over, you have to start matchmaking all over again.
Because server browsers are legacy tech. That's the fact of the matter.
Serverbrowser's features only reach so far and they dont reach far enough for a modern game.
That's why so many games have moved away from server browsers.

You have no arguments for instakill abilities. They ruin the game. Especially because you have limited lives in duel. Getting panic instakill against player who controls the whole map is never acceptable.
Retard.

Server browsers let you filter for unmodded servers, servers that use mods, servers that use a specific ruleset, servers that have or don't have players, servers that have anticheat.

Matchmaking does none of that. Matchmaking is couch-gaming tier.

Never had an issue finding populated servers in even games with very few active players, but with matchmaking, you sit there for 5-10 minutes before you can find a lobby. Used to play lots of certain Enemy Territory mods ~10 years ago, the game didn't seem that popular, and I never met anyone that played it or the mods, I could still find lots of active servers, both for the main game, and the mods. Older games with matchmaking just seems like graveyards when compared to older games with server browsers.