Quickstart Guide, resource ref sheet and FAQ:
pastebin.com/KhTaGq4E

>Discords
"""""OFFICIAL"""" EFT discord for beta news and plebbitors:
discord.gg/8KsHTGF
/eftg/ official US based discord:
discord.gg/BEEk538

Threadly reminder EOD is not worth it.
And if you hatchet run you're a faglord.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/VYbeFC
reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/7pnowg/subreddit_standard_edition_giveaway_8_copies_to/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hJOfL43ORq2TTQsVYCJUAZluMzDF6zZJhajlFKcJpRE/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for og eu discord
discord.gg/VYbeFC

>And if you hatchet run you're a faglord.
what's the matter operator boi?
lost your DO m4 recently?

>wiggleniggers so bad at the game they think m4 is worth shit

>not glitching your 84 round PM

shiggy diggy

did i missed an open beta or i dreamt that

you missed the babby pre beta yea

Okay, let's break down the spawn system.

From what I gather, each map has a max time limit shown on map selection screen.

PMCs are allowed to spawn in up to first 5 minutes. Can anyone confirm spawning later than that?. This goes untill map player quota is filfulled, again shown on map selection screen.

Scav players spawn from 2 minutes up to about 10 minutes left.

no obt coming soon and you'll know because we'll get new mechant, new map and lots of new shit

>And if you hatchet run you're a faglord.
>wigglenigger
Intentionally shitposting in the OP to get the thread going, I'm on to you faggot.

Hatchet running is an extremely viable way to make insane amounts of money.
Put a kedr/pistol in your beta/alpha container and take the marked room / 218 key, then run to customs dorms. Free sniper rifles that sell for 100k and getting one takes about 8mins total including queue.

What's wrong with M4?

Genuinely wondering, because I'm pretty new and have no idea which trader to prioritize.

Peacemaker lev 2 was the easiest because he didn't require any quests and half the cash requirement I did by just buying dollars off of him for later purchases.

you can spawn around 7 mins late at most.
I have a feeling you spawn at random areas and depending on your spawn a different set of spawns are activated, otherwise you'd spawn next to some people.
Like they're couple of different preset spawn sets, eg you either spawn at guard tower on shoreline or near custom road extract by the river.

youre still a fag who is bad at the game and can't get your pussy ass over losing a few virtual pixels.
does functuinally and stat wise same as ak74, only 2x as expensive

I got him by pretty much just buying IFAKs

Any reliable place to farm Saleva kits for Therapist?

I have not once hatchet run, I have 70% survival rating, 1.5 mil rubles and 10k dollars and I'm not even level 20.
If you need to hatchet run to turn a profit you are just fucking trash.

you should only ever need one run to spa to get salewas for your therapist quest and all your friends.

Not, him, but
>need
Nah. It's just a really good way of relaxing and making money. It's nearly impossible to not make at least a tiny bit from a hatchet run via your container and you know it doesn't really matter if you die so you can just enjoy the deathmatch for fun.

>youre still a fag who is bad at the game and can't get your pussy ass over losing a few virtual pixels.
Projecting much? I spend / lose / gain about 1m roubles a day doing normal runs, but hatchet runs are super fun too.

>1.5m roubles
Lol I bet you're so proud huh?
>10k USD
GJ for selling your free holiday gifts to peacekeeper.
>If you need to hatchet run to turn a profit you are just fucking trash.
Nobody said need, I said they're extremely viable- and they are. It's really fun being a hatchling and then having pocket firepower if you need it.

>the way I play is the only way to have fun
get bent

I used hatchet runs to learn Factory, because I couldn't be assed to learn the map offline and scavi boi cooldown is quite long.

Not sure why you are mad about hatchlings, they are just free dogtags, that's all.

I wish I could.

I really like Shoreline, it's the first map I learned and I enjoyed playing it, but it gives me terrible memory leaks that eventually freeze up my PC.

I guess I could scav run there, hope for a spawn at the SPA and GTFO before the leak kicks in, but it's not too viable.

Any other places?

Hatchlings on shoreline can be deadly though, there's so many loaded weapon spawns you can just run there, grab an AK74N with ammo out of the back of the helicopter and then kill the first guy with body armor (15% slower than you so they arrive a bit later) that shows up- bam, you now have a full set of gear and are in a good position to take on anyone else that arrives. Not to mention the meds and ammo you can bring in advance in your a/b/gamma container

Well, technically yeah, but they still are at a severe disadvantage at the start of the round.

After they get the weapon, they still are armorless, so again, disadvantage vs fully geared player.

If they get the kill and loot the player, I'd say they deserved it as much as anyone else.

Besides, going in with some gear, even if it's just in the container isn't entirely a hatchling run, they still can lose it if they pull it out.

Really can't see how that's more unfair than a newbie tackling on a fully geared vet, which nobody has any problems with, including myself.

>invisi nades

>Really can't see how that's more unfair than a newbie tackling on a fully geared vet, which nobody has any problems with, including myself.
I don't think it's unfair at all, I think it's super fun, challenging, viable and very lucrative. Works best on shoreline or customs because of the weapon spawns and the locked rooms with goodies.

>Desynchs

>2 minutes up to about 10 minutes left.
Wrong. I was in at 18mins yesterday and I've had higher than that

So would this be accurate?

I meant 2 minutes from start of the match up to about 10 minutes left.

Ah gotcha

lmao

>get a quest to kill usecs on shoreline
>only find scavs

So from what I gather, timed quests actually drop your trader reputation if you fail them.

Since quest reputation reward is a set amount, is it possible to fuck yourself out of higher trader tiers by failing timed quests too many times?

Oh and by the way, did anyone sane decide quest order, or did they just have a company-wide bukkake on quest spreadsheet and picked them in order of amount of jizz on a quest?

>9 kill Woods match, and only one of them was a hatchling
And I was originally just gonna chill and watch Summit.

In other news, the SKS is a beast. I hadn't used it since .3 when it was trash.

And the cycle continues

its getting real frustrating trying to get back into a game. This is the first time where que times have been normal for me but having to buy all of my items again is starting to be a real hassle. They should add like a quick buy or loadouts or something.

Is this game as pay to win as it looks? Having an upgraded stash and pouch seems really overpowered for looting. Also I don't really trust the devs with their "we'll add ways for you to upgrade your stash and pouch later lmao"

No I fuckin win all the time on standard edition

yea

buy the game tho

>we'll add ways for you to upgrade your stash and pouch later lmao
Well actually, you can already. You can buy icases which are boxes that are bigger inside than on the outside, essentially expanding your inventory. You can also upgrade to the Epsilon container through quests which is 2x4, 1 slot smaller than the gamma container, but potentially more useful since you can fit a rifle in there. (The Gamma is 3x3, and rifles are typically 2x4 tiles)

No. I play on standard and consistently do very well. It's more of a convenience thing than a thing that actually affects how well you can perform in game.

reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/7pnowg/subreddit_standard_edition_giveaway_8_copies_to/

ROLLING

In that case let's take it to the next level.

Free stuff is the best stuff but not good enough to warrant making an account on reddit.

>implying i'll ever win something

>forced squad gameplay

its over

>forced
You'll still be able to solo. It'll just get harder. For instance, it'll get a lot harder to fight teams as a solo player once medical and mag loading animations get added. It just means you'll have to adjust the way you play or avoid those fights entirely.

This game fucking sucks solo

I don't think it means what you think it means.

It is perfectly possible for them to drop more scavs into the game and separate factions through various means so it's more advantageous for you not to kill PMCs of your own faction.

I honestly would prefer to have an incentive not to kill players from the same faction, because turning the game into deathmatch is what killed a lot of fun in DayZ for example.

Having an viable option for spontaneous teamwork would make for good greenstories. I mean we can theoretically do it now, but nobody does that because there is absolutely no point.

Now imagine if after match ended, you would get a mail with a reward depending on how many players of your faction managed to extract.

They can also enact severe penalties for killing players of your own faction which will likely happen.

>trizip
>not a pilgrim

>You'll still be able to solo.

You can't be solo if it's really faction based. That's like saying you can solo in Counter-Strike or Siege.

This is actually wonky, because without any sort of faction markers there is not enough difference between fully geared PMCs. Accidental friendly fire will be rampant and extremely annoying.

I for one would prefer them to go with the carrot route instead of a stick or at least both.

That being said, it is all in the far future, because right now there are not enough players for both factions for viable matchmaking, and there aren't enough players per map to validate having half of them non-targets.

>Having an viable option for spontaneous teamwork would make for good greenstories. I mean we can theoretically do it now, but nobody does that because there is absolutely no point.
Totally agreed. If anything, I imagine firefights will get bigger when karma is added, rather than smaller. Because now when you gear two PMCs killing each other, you know if you rush to the scene one of them will be thankful you arrived and turned the tables.

2017 UPDATE WHEN?

Unless they plan on making camos and gear very distinctive between factions, USEC gets AVS and BEAR gets blackrock--don't know about other vests--, PIDing is going to be abysmal and friendly fire will be too often.

>The game will drive more for squad play
That's not saying the game is becoming a faction v faction elimination match. To me, that's saying you're gonna be more and more incentivized to group up with players and deincentivized (likely through the Karma system and general game challenge) to kill every single person on sight. When he's referring to the game being faction v faction at core, he's most likely referring to the lore behind Tarkov. I mean, who knows besides BSG what exactly the game is gonna turn into, but nothing in that statement says to me solo play will stop being possible.

And for what it's worth, he's said on stream a few times that solo is still gonna be possible, the latest example being a couple days ago if I remember correctly.

>I imagine firefights will get bigger when karma is added, rather than smaller.

I just figure firefights with things other than scavs mostly disappear.

Like, it'll be 1/10th the PVP you see now, especially since like 75% of the players are USEC. You'll just have 10 USECs on a map, maybe like 2-3 bears, if any, and scavs.

Karma will make things PVE fairly quickly.

>kept the wood handguard but swapped to an M4 stock
PICK ONE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Like, it'll be 1/10th the PVP
I disagree, they'll just tweak the spawns or number of players so that all bears are going one direction and usec the other, something like that. They've already shown of camo customization for bears, so presumably PID is going to get easier.

Yeah, still doesn't solve 75% of players going one faction, like now and how it's been the last 4-5 patches.

Nor does it also address the magical penalties you get on top of that. For a game that loves to advertise how real it is, they're really betting on a system that takes it's name from an Indian religious concept to have magical bad things happen to you for things you do like God coming down to say "play nice or else."

Tried the kedr meme yesterday in Factory.
Watched a scav eat 2/3 rds of my 30 round clip from 5 yards away. Proceeded to kill 3 more Scavs and run out of ammo despite having 2 extra mags.
And this shitgun costs the same as an AK. Never again.

I've found a couple Salewas on Customs.

In Duffle bags?

Dorms?

When is this game coming to steam? I am honestly afraid to trust russian devs without some type of backing from valve.

After release

Latter.

Actually, if there's penalties for shooting same-faction PMCs I bet a lot more people will choose bear just to have PMCs to shoot, then, and it'll balance somewhat that way.

>Yeah, still doesn't solve 75% of players going one faction, like now and how it's been the last 4-5 patches.
Matchmaking 50/50 bears will solve that though, queues will be shorter for bears probably, so more people will go bears. Simple.
>Nor does it also address the magical penalties you get on top of that.
If you kill your own guys you feel sick, I don't see a problem with that- you essentially just committed a hate/war crime against your own people. Just survive a round, go take a shower to clear your head and pay off your medical bill, you'll be ready to go be a teamkilling asshole again in no time. Which is good, we need that possibility.

Also the traders will have some penalties, which in it's current state doesn't make much sense but it will as the traders become more faction specific. If you're a usec killing usec all the time, it makes sense peacekeeper doesn't want to sell you stuff at a discount.

What other penalties are you talking about? Because those seem pretty reasonable.

Nah, plenty of people and especially casuals and normies will just pick whatever their friends pick and they'll go with what's popular. If anything, I imagine it either stays the same or gets worse when you can't have mixed faction groups anymore, which is the only way to solve that particular exploit of just having a mixed group that can still kill everyone as long as you delegate it correctly.

You'll have the same initial wave of people that result in that 70/30 split, but now people want to play with their friends and be on the more popular team and have team mates so I can see it easily being a terrible feedback loop.

>running out of ammo
you fool, you're supposed to fold the stock and put it back in your alpha container after the first scav, then use his gun to kill the next person and so on

>tfw cleaned out my stash
feels fuckin' good mang

>Matchmaking 50/50 bears will solve that though

you literally can't do a 50/50 if there aren't enough people. There will be servers where it's overwhemlingly USEC, maybe even exclusively. Plus, it's ultimately PMC vs Scav so there you go. Just fight the scavs.

>If you kill your own guys you feel sick, I don't see a problem with that- you essentially just committed a hate/war crime against your own people.

As opposed to the wholesale slaughter of natives, looting them and shooting them all the time. You're already committing tons of war crimes, and you don't seem to have issues with it. I don't see why you'd magically be sick there, especially if you never go loot the guy and it was just some blob some 200m away.
>Which is good, we need that possibility.
A possibility karma is inherently designed to extinguish. The entire point of it is so you can't team kill people. If you could, there'd be no reason to have karma in the first place.

>If you're a usec killing usec all the time, it makes sense peacekeeper doesn't want to sell you stuff at a discount.

Not really, he's a guy selling everything to shady elements in the first place. He's an arms dealer selling weapons to illegal combatants to commit war crimes in the region. If he really had such moral standards, he wouldn't sell to anyone but official UN people, ak

>tfw had to fit 6 AVS in my stash all at once for the quest
You think you get your shit all clean then you get a while bunch of insured shit back at once.

>you literally can't do a 50/50 if there aren't enough people.
Are you dumb? It just means the queue for the people who are in the majority will be longer.

> I don't see why you'd magically be sick there
Because in the lore they are your friends you idiot. You worked for Terracorp with them. Times are tough and you might need to kill an old friend or two to make ends meet, but the whole point of the karma system is to discourage you from just systematically killing everyone you come across without a second thought.

> The entire point of it is so you can't team kill people.
No it isn't, it's so you SHOULDN'T kill people. They could easily make it so there's no friendly fire, but that's not what they've done. They've discouraged it, not outlawed it.

>Because in the lore they are your friends you idiot

Just because you work under the same organization doesn't mean everyone is friends. Hell, some people work together and they hate each other and wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

On top of that, right from the get go it says
"Everyone has personal goals" not organizational ones because in Tarkov these organizations are effectively gone and are of no concern to you.

>On top of that, right from the get go it says
>"Everyone has personal goals" not organizational ones because in Tarkov these organizations are effectively gone and are of no concern to you.
That's just not true though, you can scroll up in this very thread to see a picture of a dev post saying explicitly that this is a faction based shooter. So in fact, the organizations are of immense value, it's just that story mode isn't in to explain it to you yet.

>Just because you work under the same organization doesn't mean everyone is friends.
No, but considering neither BEARs or USEC are getting any backup inside the zone, the other guys of your faction that you see are the only potential friends your character has. The enemy of my enemy is a friend, the karma system allows you to actually make friends in such a situation.

Why would someone carry this and not just an AK?
What is the point of the .366 AKs? Does anyone use them for anything?

Because its super compact and doesnt run into walls/hatchlings like the rifles and has less recoil than the 74u.
But the tradeoff in killing power is too much.

this
and also it's really fun, dat rate of fire

What is the DPS compared to the AKs? Any idea?

M4's are so garbage since they got nerfed, recoil is a bit overkill imo.

I'm more than okay with more fleshed out faction dynamics and stuff, but I hope solo play remains decently fun and viable. Would be a shame if it were to be phased out.

Its advised and encouraged to play in groups, but they stated somewhere that solo play will still be possible.

>but I hope solo play remains decently fun and viable. Would be a shame if it were to be phased out.
Very much agree. As far as I see it, it should ease the burden of playing alone a bit since there's a higher chance of finding someone in the map to befriend. If there's a huge group of 5 bears moving together I hope to see a couple random usec joining forces to try to fend them off. I've had a few games like that already, but it's currently very challenging to try to befriend anyone who has a gun.

kedr compared to AKS? kedr has higher fire rate so kedr has more dps when it comes to flesh but 9mn has shit pen while aks ammo has natural built in pen with every round pretty much also longer range but slow rate of fire.

when you play with the kedr you have two legs to shoot at which you need to aim for. Its like getting headshots only but they have 2 long heads. It's ez pz.

I assume, this is because the legs are not protected?

How have you even done that? I can't tell the PMCs apart at all, I even have trouble telling the scavs apart from them at a distance.

have i become legend?
>the first 2 were lined up pretty good, but the last guy was about 150-200 meters away
happened on woods.

Mostly by shooting at them, having them shoot back and when we both take cover to reload start spamming the
>HEY, FRIENDLY FIRE
emote. If they spam it back, you stand a reasonable change of emerging from cover and waggling at them. If you befriend some random geared up marine, it's extremely tense but so fun.

Another way is just to be a hatchling and wiggle at every marine you see, some will take pity on you and lead you around the map to all the good loot spots

You know klean himself has also said not to put too much into anything he says since he's literally just a liason, he just a community organizer and doesn't see into it. Klean says bullshit that isn't true all the time.

Yep, true. That's not the only place it says so though, just the most accessible since it's already posted in this thread. I'm too lazy to scroll up and find it but I got duplicate image error when trying to post it so it's here somewhere.

>I've also been a community liason for a game company before so I know exactly how (not very) credible he is, even if he's directly embedded with the dev team.

literally and objectively yes

Oh yeah, completely forgot about the voice menu. Thanks. Gonna try that out with subpar gear.

They're still OK, but that nerf concerns me because they never said why they did it.

If they did it because it was unrealistically low recoil (not exactly sure if that's the case because when I've shot off an AR-15 it's stupidly light) that's one thing.

But if they're doing it for 'balance' than they're pretty much tossing their whole notion of realism out the window and then gun wise they're going to end up being barely better than a Battlefield game with just more eye candy attachments, but at the core it won't mean much.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hJOfL43ORq2TTQsVYCJUAZluMzDF6zZJhajlFKcJpRE/edit#gid=0

Is this up to date?

nahh, they made it more or less correct, it was lazer mode there for a while.

Isn't the IFAK a medikit? Why do people keep talking like it's a weapon?