/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, with an Autumn 2018 PC release.
↳Third PS4 beta with a bonus Nergigante quest announced for 19th-22nd of January, PS+ Not Required
↳Elder Dragons Trailer 1/5: youtube.com/watch?v=lmwxyM3sPwc
↳Deviljho Update Trailer 1/5: youtube.com/watch?v=kahQKbMiJ5U
↳Full 2018 Winter Event Livestream: youtube.com/watch?v=FuxxrCmLi58
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Moveset Changes: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHW, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/stpgtiMbPxc
youtube.com/watch?v=YSBuho7DMes
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

KAISER GIRLS

Guildmarm and Handler!

If anyone is autistic enough to actually blacklist you, they weren't worth playing with anyway.

Someone please stop me from doing this

Huntress post

>4U Room
56-0450-3025-3130

I want to be raped by a horny huntress while she's power tripping from taking a big monster down

thats good to know

How do i IG? The damages seem a little low and i need to fill 3 buff just to deal decent damages.
Do i just standing there and shoot bug until i have all 3 buff then fight?

Please pet this felyne.

HBG reports!
How long have you stuck with it?

>monhon on ps2
>liked the guns
>was told lance was the best
>didn't mind the L3 combat, perfered hbg

2004, Jesus Christ was it really that long ago?

You mount, don't do the minigame, just move back and forth on it until you knock it down and repeat.

Red is the most important extract. If you can only get one, get Red.
>the damage seems a little low
Outside of Red buff it is, but once you've got Red you're on par with most other weapons, and once you've tripled up you're better than most weapons. You can send your bug out to gather an extract, but not call it back to essentially queue up a fourth extract. Useful for when you've tripled up and it's about to run out; you can gather a Red beforehand and get back into the fight once your Triple Up runs out.

Yes, if you're not in triple buff you aren't doing it right. If you don't like that upkeep playstyle the weapon's not for you.

Get buff, mash xxa, watch monsters die fast and marvel at own skill

POST VICTORY SCREENS

Anyone else going to do lite role play in World? I know a lot here don't like Tri or 3U's moga village free hunts. I agree, it being limited to one map was a huge mistake, but for me they were some of the most fun I had in the game. A wide variety of monsters would keep coming one after the other and you could go on forever essentially and the focus of the game went from doing a speed hunt to using your knowledge of the map to survive longer. It was incredibly fun, but flawed due to the fact that well, the resources are limited on the map so essentially all the gathering you'd do would just be like having an item box on a hunt but it's scattered all around the map and... well, FU did that. It did that and it did it better and those hunts were not free hunts but challenges.

Still, my biggest fear for World is that it repeats Tri's mistakes on free hunting. That it will be limited to just one map. That the resources around the map do not somehow replenish over time or... the biggest mistake Tri did in free hunting: gathering, killing and killing mounted to.. next to nothing.

You could go out of the village and be on the mercy of the random chance of what monsters appeared in the forecast. What made this worse was that some of the items needed for items were only acquired by this method. This meant that you'd have to do normal hunts to reshuffle the monsters over and over again until you get what you need. But that's beside my point and fear.

I fear that World will be the same. 3 monsters will spawn once you set out. Only those 3. Nothing more. Nothing less. And the reward for killing all 3 is just 3000~4500 points and those points mount up to... 3 max potions or 10 dash juice and nothing else. I hope I'm wrong and the free hunt was expanded upon in World and not made a carbon copy of what it was in Tri.

My 50 cents.

Started in tri, Started maining HBG then. Stuck with HBG in all the mh games (branched out a bit in XX cus it was just to good)

worried its going to be easy in MHW and everyone and there mother will main it cus of that.

Excited to be able to use mouse to aim and do insane, precise damage while GScucks get tripped by tail smacks over and over.

Periodic user here
HBG was great to use in 3U Grank, thanks to normal 3 underwater glitch and ceadeus & narga bowguns. sand barioth set was great too.
Fell off since then, randomly picking it up for shit like giant monsters or the occasional brave bowgun but I hope I can get back to it with wyvernsnipe & wyverndakka in world

>we want the burger audience

NOOO! Do NOT toot it!

Does he fight like Zimzam or Tetsu (tn. means iron)

>You don't pay my PS+ I'll play how I want

>someone saved your victory screen
t-thanks!

Looks like a fat bearded dragon with a permanently inflated throat

Jagras

CUTE

So, this is World Tigrex.

Chubby boy!

Do you need PS+ to play MHW?

stop it

Pay my sub and i will play how you want and even play with you too :)

>here is your new blast monster bro
I already miss Brachy

>*pulls out greatsword*
>*squats*
>*dabs*
>"NO WAIT I NEED TO PLAY IN 4K 60 FPS!!!!!!"
>*SHING*
>"PLEASE DON'T HURT ME I'LL DO ANYTHING"
>*SHING*
>"PLEASE I MY 1080 I PAID $1100 FOR WILL BE HERE TOMORROW!!!!!!!"
>"heh see you in autumn 2018"
>*SCHWWWWWIIIIIIING*
>"NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"
>*SLAAAAAASSSSSSSH*
>*brap*
>*walks away while drinking a potion*

56-0450-3025-3130
rage

OO-- for 4U honts! Just left on a quest but we'll be back soon.

How do deviljhos mate?

Online you do offline no

Does anyone have any Valphalk wallpapers?

I want to put it as my background in prep for mhw.(

what's 'mate'

the way she 'handles' my food bothers me...

you place a male and a female in the daycare and the daycare man gives you an egg

i genuinely had a laugh at this
what has become of me

This will be the first mod that people make on the PC, I guarantee it:
youtu.be/stpgtiMbPxc

Of course Pickle Rick for Devil Joe etc. and forced furry / pony mods and le random shit.

Very quickly. If they take more than 20 seconds they become hungry or angry and try to eat each other, it's a narrow window where they're horny. After the female lays eggs she has the instinctive impulse to immediately move on, because if she didn't her babies would have nothing to hunt when they hatched and in all likelihood she would also be hungry enough to eat them. Eggs probably seem unappetizing to jho (they're pretty small after all) and the babies might have staggered gestation periods to prevent them from eating each other. That's my best conjecture.

(You)

Long live HBG/LBG and Hunter Bow!

well you can do it without mods by using a hunting horn

wait a goddamn second
>drinking potions makes you slow walk
>I can finally be a dark souls style edgelord in monster hunter and slow walk away after landing the killing blow with a LS spirit finisher and autosheathing

Bloodborne run pretty good at 30fps for an action game. Didn't need 60fps shit.
I just hope the devs will optimize MHW more so it get a stable 30fps instead of droppings.

So your knowledge of modding communities is entirely based on clickbait articles about Skyrim and Left4Dead2 mods?

Yeah ok.

#1 popular monster in japan

>They will call potion Estus flask

Chubby hunters (girls)!

First mod is going to be to make the game more colourful like fourth gen. I would stake real money on this. In fact the mod already exists and I've already made a version of it so I wouldn't stake money on it because that's cheating.

First round of mods following that will mostly be tweaking attack values of weapons to try to balance them based on ps4 times, texture mods to make the game look prettier rather than memeier and model swaps so the best weapons look like [modder's favourite weapon].

Depending how easy it is to mod, only then there MIGHT be an influx of shitty meme mods depending on how successful the game is on PC and how well advertised the ability to mod it is, but going off past capcom PC releases, it is very possible but kind of a pain in the ass to mod them, so most mods are likely to remain in that vein. Second wave of mods (or possibly even first) will include a shitty nude mod that just recolours the underwear to skin or removes the underwear revealing the smooth barbie body beneath, third wave of mods will probably include a body texture/model replacer to function as a high quality nude mod.

Don't believe me? Go look at Dragon's Dogma's Nexus.

A small portion of inept players will blacklist you for anything and a moderate portion of all players will blacklist you for , otherwise it's pretty hard to get listed.

>first mod
>not naked mod
Yeah right

Yeah ok.

2 slots still! C'mon down and kill some time until MHW.

I will make a mod to recolour the healing particles to yellow and change the potion icon to an estus flask and nobody can stop me

Is the second one all that common? That just sounds like shit a bored 11 year old would do "HAHA I HIT HIM HE FELL DOWN LOLOLOLO"

You're a retard. The first mods are always shitty texture swaps because they're the easiest to make.
Then the ENBs for nasty sweetFX hit.

Everything else depends on the popularity of the game but even then it's not Bethesda or GTA so it won't get anything of value ever.

I want to shoot the pink spot on her chest and stick my finger in there, twisting until she dies of a stroke, little blue eyes bugging out and her screaming mouth agape... but finally silent.

Anything sounds stupid if you phrase it like a mongoloid
Often in rooms here, people will play around after carves and try and golf swing or launch people
It's beyond harmless

1849/2000 shitpost and you can't be assed to look things up?
It's every map. You can get to it by finishing a quest a clicking the "I'll stay on the map" button. Things spawn over time and monsters despawn if they've been around for too long. All the QoL base camp toys are available.

Well i mean if you're tryina launch someone or something along those lines thats alittle different from what i thought of when I read that

XX Room
27 4405 9990 1543
0-

Back to /v/.

Would you share a nice mug of hot chocolate with Gamooth?

Oh, I misread the second one. Attacking people before or during their carving is VERY COMMON with randoms.

You're retarded.

>Attacking people before or during their carving
It's not like you going to get that rare anyway.

My friends and I used to do tactical carving kicks back during Lao and others when the item receive message was slightly after the first twist of the knife, instead of at the end of the animation.

youtube.com/watch?v=YSBuho7DMes

idk if you like minimalist stuff, but i made one really quickly for you

mommy?

how big is his ego?

why do people do this to themselves?
is it the english patch or the graphics?

play frontier if you want an actual game with responsive/fun gameplay instead of a chink mmo

Honts???

So what are the monsters that will give us ice and thunder elem in world? I can't quite place these ones.

not soon enough

Legiana is Ice
Thunder is... uh... Kirin?

3rd beta is up in what? 7days?

thank

Don't forget Toby for thunder, but I can't imagine there are only TWO thunder and one ice monster(s)

I actually did forget Tobi already

NOT
SOON
ENOUGH

>local store is already secretly selling the game

Welp, sorry guys I'm playing this shit right now

Ah. Oh duh. I forgot about kush. 2 elder ice or is Legiana a regular?

What about oshiri Kirin?

Legianna is a flying wyvern.

>even bothering posting without bazelgeuse proofs

Aha. Theres our ice variations then.