/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and anything Sonic related!

/sthg/ #1157 - BOOM! The End. Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TYK2sLOfeMI
drive.google.com/file/d/1Ex1eGpvfviQXOoZjG-DCoEb9o3ncbhOw/view?usp=sharing
r3-music-box.com/en/request/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shadaze~

this artist just cant help himself when he draws females huh

Reminder that the black arms were planned from the start

Sun is falling in the sky beyond

And light is fading from our world

Now's the time of reckoning

Have I unlocked the fucking Ring King achievement yet!? God damn

This is the most underrated Sonic track of all:
youtube.com/watch?v=TYK2sLOfeMI

Lets start the discussion with continuation what would you like to see story wise for future sonic games?

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

>cuckoldry the ship

something with effort put into it

loveu

>Mega Drive OST
>underrated
at least pick a song from the Saturn version

adventure-heroes style with mostly for fun plot but with serious moments here and there to give a few characters some more development

sonic as a franchise is successful due to tweens love for the sonic style and preying upon their growing angst, which is why shadow is such a popular character

Something that's fun to watch first and foremost. When stories in modern Sonic games don't make me cringe, they bore me to tears. They're on par with educational shows aimed at toddlers.

Story is less important than tone. Sonic should be written as a guy who takes threats posed by Eggman and other seriously, but acts cocky and self-assure anyway, instead of someone who treats every situation like a joke.

>Adventurecucks still believe this after Mania

Something that gives an excuse for the characters to interact with each other a lot.

Is this new art though?

It looks like it

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Any story that doesn't bring back the custom character.

His existence is just to water down every other character than himself, and everyone else is used to suck up to him. Same goes for Tails being Classic Sonic's lapdog the entire time. Give me my actual character moments back.

Mania was only successful because of LE SONIC MEMES XD and blind nostalgia for the Genesis. Classic Sonic is overrated and generic. this is what adventurefags actually believe

This isn't a character driven franchise. Sonic Adventure seriousness is never returning.

Evening, fastbros. Got an update for ya! Here's what we've got in the newest build:
>The entire engine has been ported to the latest Unity build: 2017.3!
>All interactive items such as enemies, springs and boost pads have been either revamped, or changed to suit the new base Unity platform
>While at speed, characters now have input Lerping. What's this mean? It means that your joystick inputs will slowly transition into one another, creating a smoother turn radius. Unfortunately, this is still a work in progress. This new system makes skidding to a stop a bit more difficult...

Give it a play, leave feedback on the sheet (especially in regards to the new input Lerp system), yadda yadda.
Get on it!

drive.google.com/file/d/1Ex1eGpvfviQXOoZjG-DCoEb9o3ncbhOw/view?usp=sharing

>mania was only successful because
Because it's what most fans have been asking for for decades

Adventure fan here, loved Mania.

>this is my excuse for why the personalities were as thin as paper

Sonic and friends dick around bullying Eggman or doing sidequests or whatever for half the game until Eggster accidentally summons Gyrandor the Big Boi.

then stop bitching about characters having no personality

What should I request this time? r3-music-box.com/en/request/

>This isn't a character driven franchise
A lot of its charm comes from Sonic's character as well as the supporting cast.

Fucking nice, thank you GHPAnon!

Custom character can come back, but leave it out of the story of the main games. Leave it to spinoffs, or something. Red wolf Buddy can become an actual character, tho.

a meaning to my life

I'd honestly like to see another war story but NOT A SHITSHOW
unfortunately they've done it once already so they can't do it again for a decade at least and they botched their ONE CHANCE at it.

I hope you're able to find it, user.

Lol

It is the excuse. That's why SA2-Unleasged were too crazy intense so they scaled it back

Almost Dead

You are very welcome.

From the dreamcast era, yes

supporting me

Interesting choice for a music box, but I put a request up just for you.

Use the slerps to control the max turn speed while allowing for skidding (by seperately slerping direction and distance), not lerps that's kind of the thing hedgephysics did wrong.
Unless you're doing that, I can't check right now. Sorry.
Good job though, keep it up!

Not in the modern era, the only charm is fourth wall breaking dank memes

THIS is how you parody Knuckles! He's not an idiot, he's Sonic's Rival that thinks he's way better!

From all eras.

I'll try to remember to do this one Sunday or so unless someone would do it.

I think I remember someone talking about the theme for Unleashed too so that's something to remember as well.

Man, why didn't they put Echidnas into Sonic Forces though :(

m-muh last of my kind even though that applies to his clan and not the species itself.

Because there is only one echidna left you dingus.

What is that song that comes on when you go out into the field?

It's incredible.

How is Honey canon if her only appearance is in Sonic The Fighters which isn't canon because there's 8 emeralds instead of 7?

Anyone here kind of obsessed with how much better life would be as a Sonic character?

>Constant adventures
>Excluded from the responsibilities of society
>Get to be a large animal with some kind of super power or mutation

Literally whenever I'm sad or depressed I immediately turn to Sonic as an outlet and explaination to my problems. Mind you I'm a full grown adult and this hasn't changed a bit.

Is there something weird about this or am I just like everyone else here?

That's Breakfast Time (don't know what the deal is with the name) from Sonic After The Sequel.

>canon

Thanks.

Sounds nice. BTW, user who has the no body Sonic characters here: Apparently, both Mania Sonic & Metal Sonic show up perfectly fine.
Does Metal not have the Lux Shader?

Congratulations! You have autism!

Fighting Vipers and STF are AM2 games meaning Sega still holds the rights to the characters. That's why Bean and Bark made an appearance in Mania.

I do this sometimes

Post your best time records
>City escape act 1 in 01:33:61
Classic sonic is broken as fuck

I thought Beep Beep was banned?

You can never beat beep beeps, user.

I wish.

Dark but not too dark. Remember how in SA2 people thought Sonic/Shadow had actually died at points? Good times.

It's pretty sad that Payback Fox didn't get more recognition

Is anyone up for some Sonichu storytime?

He does not! Just the standard shader.

>201560638
NO NO NO KILL IT WITH FIRE

Huh. Interesting.

Does anyone have a link to that Bump model that got completed?

Yessum

Does anyone have a link to the Bump model?

You can click on the post's number to reply to it, buddy.

Lemme look through the older threads, real quick

I know that. I'm not giving that abomination any (You)s.

You can't have two Shadow ships in here the general will implode from autism

What about 3?

shads the most loved of the male characters so his harem is full

I like almost every shad ship save for shadamy and the dumb omega shit

>not liking shadamy

I don't like it either, I just like this picture

I dont like shadamy cause its the beta ship, it makes shadow into r/nice guys

shadria is the classic, tho I dont care for it in a romantic sense
shadouge is nice cause shadmans time in space means he doesnt understand what is attractive about women so rouge would be unable to get a real reaction from flirting which makes him special for her
shadow/vanilla is qt cause of the parental aspect
shadaze is cool cause theyre both autistic and serious characters so they can learn to be happy together
sonadow is the standard bright uke dark seme fujos love which has some charm to it imo
most other shadships are subsets of these tropes

Holy fucking christ, the amount of autism you fags put into shipfagging is astounding.

autisms fun

and the amount of bait you put in your post is frankly amazing

Do you think Sonic listens to Hey Ya by Outkast?

Woops forgot to add the extra arrow to quote it, my bad :)

seems like something he would do

who doesn't?

Ay, nigga would it be gay for Sonic to eat at Sonic? Think about it
He would basically be eating another man's chili dogs

that would make the entire human race gay so i guess you a gay nigguh now by your own logic

*moe*