/lhg/ - Light's Hope General

Light's Hope is a Vanilla WoW Private Server, it's the new and improved version of Elysium, they cut out the corrupt owners and rebranded. New realmlist, same worldsave.

Open realmlist.wtf and Set realmlist logon.lightshope.org

>Server info
twitter.com/LightsHopeWoW
LH Discord (discordapp.com/invite/mraKxcU)
(lightshope.org/)

>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org

>Addons pack (some out of date like KLH Threat Meter)
github.com/ericraio/vanilla-wow-addons/

>Leveling Guide (specs unreliable for some classes use at own risk, play what you want or ask in the thread for more info):
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit

>Download the client without torrent (direct download):
mega.nz/#!e4cjFT5L!7VvX-yAlJ87KdU-6BNQVlhoYY5_YdnYW3WezYsVrYgI

>Raid/char/item drop info:
realmplayers.com/

>WoD models (place MPQ in data, rename file to patch-3.mpq)
mediafire.com/file/v107ncj1j27x85x/patch-3.mpq

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/7SF32
forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=45691
imgur.com/a/iW0Rk
youtu.be/FoUgfqGg8uQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm level 16 and not really understanding this levelling guide.

Imp Wand I understand. I wand everything.

What I don't get is all the Shadow stuff. Spirit Tap seems good on paper but because I wand everything I don't ever get close to running out of mana even without it, and it's useless in instances.

Then you have Imp SW:Pain. Sounds great on paper but in practice most mobs are dead before I can take advantage of the talent.

Mind Flay is apparently shit before level 36, but why? It's still just as mana per damage efficient.

So basically I get no benefit from Spirit Tap, Imp SW:Pain or Mind Flay, so why even go into Shadow? Why don't I just go full Disc (I was planning on picking up the 2 point talent in Holy as well to give 70% cast time loss prevention from damage when casting heals)? I have to go into Disc for Imp Wand, and I get 15% passive mana regen, mana free spells, more mana, a spirit buff, etc., and then just respec to Shadow at 40?

Am I missing something?

Forgot pic.

Throw PW:S on yourself, open with Mind Blast/Smite (whichever hits harder) and SW:P, then wand it to death. It does cost mana and you'll start OOMing more as you level. Plus you'll throw heals to yourself as well. Spirit Tap makes it so you NEVER have to stop.

Mind Flay does less damage than wanding at rank 1.

I see. So it's not that Mind Flay is quote "shit", it's that wands are too good before 36.

>Throw PW:S on yourself, open with Mind Blast/Smite (whichever hits harder) and SW:P, then wand it to death.
I find PW:S uses far too much mana, and if I don't use it and just MB -> SW:P -> Wand I use far less mana and don't take much damage anyway. Often even SW:P is unnecessary because it only ticks a couple of times before mobs die.

I think I'm seeing the problem here, and it's wands. I'm guessing wands are just bs OP at early levels before they start to level off (I'm guessing in the late 20s / early 30s).

Before Shadowform and higher ranks of Mind Flay, there's no reason to use it over wanding, no. Also it depends what wand you're using, but overall they do way better than anything else.

It's not that wands are shit after 36, it's just that you don't get enough damage per cast, not damage per mana, on mindflay before rank 3. Afterwards it starts to kill things much faster.

It increases at a diminished rate though, so you see the highest jump in damage from Rank 1 to 2. Rank 3 is a smaller jump.

Damage at rank:
>75
>126
>186
>261
>330
>426

this is LIGHTS HOPE general
not SHITTY PRIESTS general
lmao

So what level should I get to before I tank VC on my warrior? 19?

I keep telling you trannies, this is /cwg/ now.
Give in.

19 is fine

I'm 16 now, so I have 3 levels to go then.

19 is fine, i wait for 20 just for 5 points in TM

Fury

Source please. I'm sure I can find it, but I really don't want to spend 5 hours looking for a pic that may well let me down

it's dead, jim

i cant believe lights hope is fucking dead

We all rolled Nighthaven 3 months ago, the only white people who went to LH were Veeky Forums nostbabies who fell for the propaganda being shilled here
"We stole someone elses user database but please believe us we're the good guys"
Jesus how delusional are you faggots?

>stole the database

proof?

Huh? How do you think all the old Ely characters had logins on LH? See:
>New realmlist, same worldsave
WK and crew claimed they were all doing us a solid by stealing the user database and rebranding. But then they turned around and did the same shit Ely was doing to begin with.

What's a good level to start doing BRD?

56-58 depending on class

Mage

56 is fine if you know how not to facepull

If you are having this much understanding one of the most basic classes to level then I might suggest you try a different game

t. hunter

>I'm new, the post

Priest leveling is the most braindead though.

@201580024

is this the power of Veeky Forums shitters? holy crap

Lightshope staff sells gold on epicnpc. Then they ban buyers and offer them to pay 60$ for unban a bit later. You don't even have a guranteed unban as they still can scam you after payment.
imgur.com/a/7SF32
Also they dupe and sell lvl 60 characters
forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=45691
imgur.com/a/iW0Rk

>it's the new and improved version of Elysium
literally yes, they don't have to share money with crogge&shenna now

The server is mostly advertised by shills from alliance guilds mandante of heaven(here) and progress(reddit). Despite high population, it's 60-70% chinese, so beware of playing here.

we can see your poster ID.

>i don't understand how Veeky Forums works, the post

>poster ID
hurr durr

Why are you anti-shilling a dead server? Literally the entire NA and EU population besides Trandate, Puppers and Progress left for Nighthaven weeks ago.

>black power avatar
really makes me think, gold sellers are literally niggers huh?

euro players are main buyers so why not

What's even the point of Nighthaven?

>play the game, find the vast majority of players friendly and polite
>browse the threads, find the vast majority of posters are angry and rude

Why

someone post the pic of elysium/nighthaven forums with 60k Russian to 1k English posts

Wait, have we really moved to Nighthaven?
Isn't Everyst the best choice?
what's the NH population

lol

we waiting K3 you dumb nigger.

kek

Fresher server, that's about it. More russians but less chinks. The shills here are overstating it for obvious reasons, but it does have a large and growing NA population.
It's still wildly corrupt, but then so is lightbringer so, whatever. There are non-corrupt servers but one is dead and on naxx, and one is dead and fresh.
Anyhow, that's the point of NH.
That's a fun meme but those russian forums are old as shit and you know it.
No, but some have. Remember that this is primarily a MoH dumping ground to anonymously be cunty to other guildmembers. There is some new blood here due to the classic announcement and people wanting to meme about whitekidney (who can blame them?) but without the trannies shitposting the thread would die, and none of them are going to leave their raidlogging mains for nighthaven, especially with AQ.

If I'm going to keep WAITING for another fucking server, I might as well WAIT for Crestfall

>crestfall
you know crogge operates this right?

CF is dead. Go to their discord and see for yourself.

>some
does 2 really count as "some"?

>being this delusional
pay attention man

attention to what? you don't even have enough to sign the charter for a vg guild

>europeans are the main buyers of gold on a chinese server

high NA IQ at work here...

I'm slav but you're absolutely retarded probably slav too. The only reason why chinks invaded this server is selling gold and other shit to eurocucks. No one else is retarded enough to buy powerleveling for 200 euro.
Similar shit is happening on retail. Many russian top progress guilds are migrating to euro zone, only because there are a lot more customers.

>I'm slav

stopped reading there.

ok ahmed

youtu.be/FoUgfqGg8uQ

Release the core you crippled fuck

why? anyone can register/play
you're good to go, buddy

gummy i'll suck your flappy arms if u release the core

go away please

you're a fucking disabled autist and cripple and nobody likes you
your social awareness is on point for someone who never left the house thanks to your made up disease
I'm still playing on your basement server though

i like him...

>people are still playing this server after all the shit thats come out since it launched
you people are the biggest cucks on the planet

I don't
I hope he gives the server to someone else before he rots away
I don't want to level for nothing

there's no alternative
>b-but muh Everyst/Nighthaven
no one sane is going to level on Everyst to do another 9 months of MC
Nighthaven is literally the same as LB with its shadyness but even less progressed
and everyone knows you're just going to trade the chinks for Ivans
we're not that retarded, we've seen their ads on fb and vk, we know the demographic of shennasserver

>watching old videos from early vanilla through to TBC's launch
>all that hype and excitement and enjoyment

Shit man, why the fuck I gotta be so jaded... and with these shitty ass private servers. Blizzard needs to hurry up and I need to learn how to have fun again.

And go where?
Nighthaven = somehow even shadier + less progressed server with few devs
Everyst = waiting years for naxx + few devs

We're all waiting for K3 in Spring. Then we're going to the fresh LH mid summer.

The meta is just rolling the hype new fresh server until Classic. Only retarded cucks have loyalty to any of these shitty private servers.

no, tribbing, we're not going back to fucking twinstar with you

Gummy is a pathetic socially retarded moralfag permavirgin who spent literally all of his free time coding his own le personal server and it has all amounted to nothing. I thank God that I'm not going to die a young, painful death like him and don't need to boost my ego by advertising my server on Veeky Forums while simultaneously doxxing people that don't fit in my clique. Gummy is a dangerous, unstable person and it's not safe to play on his server. Not open-sourcing his project further exacerbates his missing spine problem. Felmyst would've been a disaster with such a lying, incapable retard at the helm.

I just want to clear Naxx. Then I can wait for classic in peace.

I want to know what class I want to play. Currently leveling a Warrior, but not sure it's what I want - leveling will be fucking agony and I feel like I'll be useless solo and bored as shit in endgame.

K3 when

>fun

maybe it's because get good.

>WE
okay lain

Being good at Warrior isn't getting gud, it's getting a healer buttbuddy.

just roll FRESH hype with the big boys. 2 month+ old server = dead status. Don't fall for these ancient fossils.

F R E S H

do 10man naxx on retail, it's as close to Vanilla as the one on anathema.

warrior

quickmeme.com

gummy how are you today?

wow I thought this was just a meme but I bet this retard posts here daily

I want my /wpsg/ bros back

very comfy. did some freelancing for a while after the shitstorm, bills are covered for quite a while now, and havin some fun with tbc until blizzard releases the blessed classic

dodgy...

gum whats stopping blizz from kicking your door down and cockslapping you with a fat lawsuit? how is this any different than felymst

>still believing in the blizzard shut down story
Gummygoy...

>gummygoy
i laffd

Silly user, nobody in this thread actually plays.

godspeed gummy, enjoy your comfy day

>how is this any different than felymst
well here's one difference thats pretty funny, after rickrolling wowservers with a redirect, they blacklisted the b-c domain, or so i heard

Why is he so cute?

the average Veeky Forums poster doesn't go on any other boards, only sticks to one general and primarily uses discord or reddit.

If you are already playing on a pay to win server why not play on some TBC or WOTLK server? Vanilla is pretty crap compared to those expansions, especially TBC.

whitekidney may be corrupt but I'll NEVER play Warmane, those guys sell gear and gold...

That's literally what WK does. The only thing he doesn't do (probably) is queue faking.

'Cause vanilla is the one I want to play right now. I really don't give a shit ab out that, I won't be doing a lot of endgame beyond figuring out what I want to play in Classic.

Private servers are going to be secondary once more now that Blizzard will provide a server for the content I want to do.

But servers like LH are horrible for leveling, too many bots and chink cartels, no gathering nodes, paid armored characters ganking you every step etc. And Blizzard could still fuck up classic like they did SC remastered.