>General VR resources
vrwiki.wikispaces.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality_headset
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_virtual_reality_headsets

>Oculus rift setup guide
pastebin.com/QgHwLq8R

>Htc Vive setup guide
pastebin.com/QNc18zHd

>Recommended VR applications/games (needs update)
pastebin.com/KgBr4kCh

>VRChat resources and tutorials
pastebin.com/X89faD2r

Old thread:

first for dancing in the gap

>Go to club
>Everyone standing around talking
>Not a single person dancing

Literally all night.

the gap? more like the best

The music isn't that good there.

>still hanging with the sperg from /dsg/

Thinking about getting some VR set, is it worth it or is there a realistic chance they'll be dropping in price within the year?

>my feet hurt
>the music is too loud
>I wish I was at home playing VRchat

... wait a moment. Somethings not right.

>or is there a realistic chance they'll be dropping in price within the year?
With the vive pro coming out there's a very high chance you could snag a resell from someone that upgrades.

400$ for the rift is probably the lowest it will go.

Vive might go down soon, probably to around 600$ bu

tfw got rift for 350 with a free 50 dollar headset and free shipping

Damn. If I want to get into this, I basically need to get a whole new computer. How much, realistically, would something that I'd basically only use as a VR base station cost?

My character's feet stick into the ground in game.
Is there any easy way just to move the character up a small amount so I don't have this problem?

Minimum $1500

bullshit

Do I really need to use blender to get my avatar to not be invisible to others? I spent so much time in Unity that I hope it's not all for naught.

Which world has the Shimakaze avatar? I can't remember and I need a middle finger override right now.

Is there such a thing as too many titty dynamic bones?

I wish facial expression/vismeme tutorials existed for non MMD models. Learning how to port Gmod/Source models from scratch was hard enough.

One for each titty.

>Not placing three per titty
Well it depends on size really. If your titty is quite large it's a good idea to add more in a stacking snake like fashion.

the vive is 600 m8

She has 6.

No reason to, weight paint your fucking shit retard.

Way too many. One per titty. You're decreasing everyones FPS by 30.

>getting this mad over virtual titties

someone needs a better CPU

Nobody's FPS is going to be that good if a few people have 10 dynamic titty bones each. No CPU can do that.

How do you hide names?

Are avatar uploads broken for anyone else?

this fucking red failed to upload bug is the worst
3 failures in a row, it's been like 45 minutes

The game is fucked.

I'll take that as a yes, I've been watching "processing upload" for 10 minutes now.

>uploading at west coast prime time

It looks just fine for me but everyone says I'm invisible.

Fuck off worst coast I wanted to test this before bed.

server issues, try using the older SDK

restart unity and reupload for that
look at the bottom messages well, i've had it stick on "uploading image" but be done in reality

>tfw no bf

>worst coast

Jokes on you, my country is surrounded on all sites by coasts.

Any guides around for rigging a ripped model? I've got no bones here whatsoever going from scratch, last time I tried using Rigify and it didn't work for vrchat at all.

How do I set up inverse bones so I can lift my skirt?

I had fun today, what did you guys do?

I could really go for devs banning dynamic bones and avatar scripts until they get performance more in order.

why in god's name would you even need 6 fucking bones per tit?

Only interesting thing I saw in two hours was this pooh bear oracle with a voice changer. He'd answer the first question that got asked, so if you waited to think some retard would run up and spout some meme shit.

They're focking huge m8

I'm only seeing links to the current SDK.

It's ready.

I got a handjob from kermit and spat on by army of knuckles

Can't argue with that.

saw one of those today. kept going really big and really small

Spending hours and hours figuring out this fucking mess of a mega tutorial.

>have to do Vismemes for all these vertexes for talking
>all I want is to do facial expressions and a flapping mouth when I speak

Someone kill me

Anyone have a list of animator muscle/bone values for common poses like fist/thumbsup/etc?

Are you talking about that hour and 40 minutes video? Because it's pretty clean cut

>standard shaders

disgusting

I need this for reasons

forgot my picture

Isn't the biggest issue that they're not doing any multithreading? There's a lot that can be deferred to other cores in this game that isn't.

It really shows how unnecessarily complicated some of these workflows are when the end result can be something relatively simple and yet it will have taken you many hours to do. I can also imagine various ways these workflows could be sped up by using VR, although even without VR, it should be able to be made easier. The software development tools are not as good as they could be.

>have vismemes because model luckily had blend shapes already
>no eye bones so i cant use any of them for eye tracking

Oh that's NOTHING. I came across this gem today as well

>something happens because your model is not the same as his model
>he dosn't explain whats happening now
>you're basically sitting there, unable to continue because you're a total fucking beginner

Please, after playing arround with blender and unity for two days now, I can understand most of the things he does there, but a total beginners who never touched these programs is in for a wild fucking ride there.

what's the etiquette behind joining friends+ instances? some people friended me at tupper's anime thing last night and I see them in friends+ all the time. can I just join them? should I ask first?

i just wanna make new friends and escape from ugandan hell

add me i dont mind Just A Simple Dot

Theres a giant on the moon!

That's flat normals for whatever the reason, it was probably intentional. Most editors don't use flat normals by default.

Which part of the video are you in? Give a timestamp. Might be able to assist you

It's alright, I manged to fix the problems I had already. About to upload that stuff right now. Thanks for the offer though.

So what would stop edits in edit model on a model being reflected when you switch back to object mode? Trying to address a couple clippage problems here in Blender.

>you cant use emotes for facial expressions in desktop mode because they lock you in place
>my model has tons of cute expressions
Well looks like I'm about to drop $600 for the sole purpose of looking cuter.

Oh yeah, somebody said I need a special link if I have more than 20k tris ...
I'm at 31k tris ... reducing them any further would lead to horrible results (I already deleted the underwear.)

Maybe you can help me with that.

What worlds do japanese users usually use? I've found some in the virtual Tokyo world but I'd like more spots. Good way to put my Japanese to use.

I don't use any special SDK to bypass the poly limit, I abuse a glitch in unity itself to get any amount/anything I want.

The game really needs more keybinds, including for vr controllers and combinations of gestures and the such. We could do so much more if we had more slots.

is that a static camera or a device you're holding?

It looks great! I'm the user who requested it and I'd love it if you could share the model ready-to-use somehow if you're okay with that.

It's just part of the avatar testing map. just an object that you can find around the map that also shows up on the big screen on the map

>try to move the lips like the tutorial says to make vismemes
>they end up looking stretched and closed still
>press one of the shapekeys to see wtf is going on
>there are fucking vertexes inside the lips along with the teeth

I WANT TO STOP

Yeah, well that's great.
But how do I do it?

ARE MMD MODELS THIS DIFFICULT TO VERTEX EDIT OR IS IT BECAUSE I WANTED TO BE DIFFERENT AND USE SOMETHING ELSE

GOD DAMN

Sorry my dude, I'm not going to tell anybody how to do it. I don't want everyone in the game running around with 90k poly models

It's more that Blender is complete ass for such things and doesn't have selection saving.

so basically we're forced to wear shit tier on-ear headphones if we want vive pro? is it going to be possible to detach that garbage rigid strap and do something like a normal vive? or do you think chinese sweatshops are already molding and printing silicon replacements for that piece of shit?

I'm gonna be cuter.

Turns out I was stupid. After I did the shading I forgot to publish the change.

Okay Tuppers.

Anyone else? Last thread somebody said I'm okay with 31k tris if I use some link or whatever. I would really like to upload the model finally so I can try out the model ingame.

I can't see why you wouldn't be able to detach those earphones, nor would you want to remove the rigid strap as that takes a ton of weight off the front of your head.

Why three? Left foot, right foot, and?

What's the alternative?

dick.

Hips/waist

Dancing is all about the core.

the fucking characters you see in this game

>VRChat, chilling in Void Club
>Met some new people, chillin, dancin, the playlist is actually getting pretty far and some decent music is finally playing
>Game freezes, music stops
>Glance at the DJ booth
>A shitter brazilian in a knuckles avatar skipped tracks
>I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU'RE SO COOOOLD

Later, at the Pug
>Relaxing by the bar, chatting with the bartender and whoever else walks by
>Some dude is walking around as girl Diablo from D3
>Some bitch in a generic anime girl avatar looks over at him and goes "you look like Aatrox"
We lost boys

Vive trackers come in on Monday

Taking requests and links to whatever avatars you want to see me dance as

>201473673
Ah, I found the reply.

Does anyone know about this modded SDK? I'm trying to find it ...

so ive seen people who have a flat 2D avatar- but with an animation or two. Hows that go?

>no music in the void
>no music in the gap
>music in the mmd weeb palace
how2fix

Oh wow fuck me ... I'm 8 hours over bedtime and work begins in two hours. This will be an awful day.

you better upload webms here.
I wanna see that twerking boy.

Would you strap it to your front like a belt if you're putting it on your hips? I'm getting the 2 for legs, but I didn't think about getting one for hips.

Youre fucked my dude.

put it in a jock strap.