/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Fucking stupid Bannerlord armour edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Captain MP mode gamplay :
youtube.com/watch?v=c_3el4IAevg
youtube.com/watch?v=JaUBg7Ynmwk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/41

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin/the sub-forum

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/XKxeZX5r

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New Modules :
>Custom Troop Trees
moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees/downloads/custom-troop-trees-03092017
>CTT for Dickplomacy+Polygamy Bugfix
mega.nz/#!dgQSlKhY!qudd7noj5rQHfagLq-adDzn1c7X3HHawmA3TbCy0CH0
>Colorized & Retextured Native UI (finally)
mega.nz/#!M0NGlZ6C!XV6LDLkdMjIGjHZq0kLfFaqZ8J2N8ibW_XBrrLgkom4

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people)

What went wrong?

Good choice for op user

bigger team, less of a historical basis because armagan is no longer so heavily involved

Bannerlord when?

Stop using swords

Start using spiked clubs

Christmas 2018 :PP

So who are going to be the inf heavy faction in neverlord? Battanians? Sturgians?

we want the wow audience

sturgeons
Battanians are gonna be Welsh Vaegirs

bigger

why bother someone will make a WoW mod assuredly

Use rhodock vet spearmen, just bind them under different key and place behind seargants, and don't expect miracle
AI vs AI is all about timing, so I don't think that upstab would change shit about this, too.
Or find mod that isn't acok but picrelated. Longest inf spears in acok are 150, so they are more like stabbing swords than proper polerms and that makes hard to guess what makes all that shit working, spear fix or short spear,
try to love something else that basicaly pointy stick (which doesn't even loveyou back!).

Is tht a real screenthot?

Yes

>don't think that upstab would change shit about this, too.
not in autocalc
but in actual battles AI upstab is incredible effective, e.g. all of VC

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

why cant they make scale armour that actually look good instead of the braveheart tier shit the battanians wear now, probably the uglyest faction in the game, even worse than the khergits

havean't seen, cannot debate. as not big fan of either I can't say much frankly speaking
Polearms can be crazy in 1257 for all I know, but they are mostly guisarmers (or for lowtiers scythese) iirc

What is your favorite 4 weapon slot combination in the game? Imagine if you could fill it with anything you want, the best quality, no gold necessary to consider.

because there's a bunch of women on the team

what about Total War: Three Kingdoms?

1h sword
1h axe
spear
shield

depends on the mod or do you just mean native?

>1h axe
2h axe you mean

no

Native+Upstab

2-handed weapon/lance
bow
arrows
arrows

something subtle like warcleaver or heavy great long axe + bow and two quivers/good shield and 1h axe/cleaver/e.scimtar (depends on mood,
wheter I'm mounted or not, if it's field battle or siedge, what kind of siedge etc).

Total War is shit.

Better question - what is the best 4 weapon slot combination for your companions.

Actually, is there even a point in giving them more than 2 weapons?

in most mods they are most effective as ranged units

It will never come out.

1h+shield and lance + javs works (kinda), but it's nothing great "hold your fire" order helps here.
Avoid fancy shit like swords, they use stabs and cuts in totaly random way, shitload of PS and something like heavy one handed axe works way better. Add lance or 2h (althoughtt they tend to stick to 2h, even under pretty heavy fire).
My top 3 least full retard AI setups in not particular order:

-board shield + military cleaver + siedge xbow and bolts (foot)
-h. great axe/h great long berdish, warbow and two quivers (foot)
-heavy lance, elite scimtar, elite cav. shield (mount)

depends what kind of companion they are
if they're melee infantry then i find 1h+shield+2 stacks of thrown is optimal, in VC i have 7 melee companions each with 28 javelins, it's a lot of firepower
for cav melee it's best to just have 1h+shield, maybe thrown
i usually end up making intwhore companions into crossbow units or bow units, in which case they have their ranged weapon, a polearm, and 2 stacks of ammo
>Actually, is there even a point in giving them more than 2 weapons?
the AI is pretty stupid with multiple types of melee

>Polearm/Spear
Military Scythe/War Spear
>1-Handed
Heavy Sabre/Falchion
>Shield
Elite Cavalry Shield/Knightly Heater Shield
2-Handed
Great Bardiche/Great Axe

I like going melee these days, sometimes swapping 1-handed for heavy thrown axes.

Atleast on Dickplo the typical Heavy Cav with lances+shields+1handed weapons with reach around 90-100 works the best.
Them as Horse Archers were pretty boring, sure they had shit-ton of survivability until their quivers ran out but it took ages for them to kill anything with a shield.

>1h+shield and lance + javs works (kinda)
I tried making my companions once into cavalry with thrown weapons and shit did they miss a lot even with 5HA+proficiencies around 400.

I avoided thrown weapons until my 1257, where it were strong as fuck. And I agree, I used to used them mostly on foot, in siedges (where they were kinda working). While mounted they
had issue to hit anything (although in such case it was sure 1hit ded). i picked these because i hit the wall w/ skillpoints for certain kind of npcs (dedicated 15 combat chars (or 10 pure combat + 5 combat/trainer), I can't just left skillpoints for later or even forever, that "+" itches :^))
Btw. to make it worse, 3 out of these15 have mongolian origin and 3ha + 3pd and this I particulary tried to avoid, since I decided: a) it'll be pure kniga old swadia style setup, b) I started to make HA out of everything at that time, my char, npcs, wife companions, whatever.

How can I marry Ymira again? I have Dickplomacy.

Need to make her a Lady first I think, which means you first need to be king.

you could even make her fuck you with a dildo on a whim, but you want to marry her
that's ironically slightly mental, user
I'm not judgin, tho.

Nerf Surgery.

Really the most OP skill.

why

This is Rhodok soil

Mod that makes it possible to have a kingdom of your own AND marry claimant waifus when?

How can people have such poor taste
inb4 arwa the "pearled one"

>1h sword
>1h axe
for what purpose

I'm mainly referring to cute mod waifus, like Kenshin from Geko.

What kind of armour will you use in neverlord anons

Ok genderbending is a bit haram but you get a pass

K A T A P H R A K T O I

tell me about pavlos

damn that looks good

he's a big guy

can't wait to see like 50 of these mowing down battanian scum

because you are not supposed to play as arch-litch character
add wound treatment and your&alies army is like swarm of zombies from class B horror. They kill you, but you are just keep comming back

>pic related, whatever mod, meme Almerra tier of castle

I'm not shitting, I found secret passage there, probably it's supposed to be used to avoid the genocide. Every next siedge makes more obvious- this is Crash Bandicoot or Mario 64 kind of mod

Speaking of skills I wonder how high the risk is that the Bannerlord AI won't be able to navigate the systems when lords are supposed to be more aligned with the player in terms of functions and restrictions, like they won't be able to pull troops out of their asses and not feed them anymore.

>be me
>approach a hot girl
>compliment that nice head that she has on her shoulders
>she tells me to fuck off you creep
What in Ragnar's name DID she mean by this?

you use the axe to break shields and the sword to kill people

She is trying to tell you to pillage her. Girls have a fetish for that. Trust me.

Is there no way to use PF's alternate races in >floris?

but nearly every 1h axe has higher damage than every 1h sword

Vikangz helmet and mail, i think it looks cool as fuck.

axes have no reach

why the fuck is brytenwalda so hard?
>make an angle
>start with javelins, a spear/shield, and a seax which is nice, but the seax is utterly gimp tier useless
>can't recruit from any villages because of low renown (wtf)
>every single goddamn village quest is the money sink fetch cattle one
>almost all mobs are dena raiders or worse
is trade the only way to go?

sometimes it's hard to make a swing, but it's still posible to poke them w/ tip of sword

Why are axes better against shields?
Why is cutting damage better against unprotected flesh than piercing?
Why are bolts shorter than arrows?

>Why are axes better against shields?
more weight concentrated on a single part of the blade during a swing. basically for the same reason an axe is better at cutting down a tree than a sword is.
>Why is cutting damage better against unprotected flesh than piercing?
it's not, there is no modifier for that, only for how much damage is reduced by armor.
>Why are bolts shorter than arrows?
idk but that's how it is generally irl. probably because a crossbow doesn't have to be drawn as far back as a bow.

Why can't I just choose one of my overpowered tier 7 troops as my commander?

Sell me on updating Gekokujo from 3.0

>Why are axes better against shields?
because they have bonus against shields, which ignores resistance value
>Why is cutting damage better against unprotected flesh than piercing?
it's not, cutting weapons just tend to have more base damage or are faster
whatever penetrates the most armor is the best damage type
because the powerstroke for crossbows is shorter than bows

I'm about 300 days into a Floris campaign and my god is that mod aggravating.
Rhodoks and Khergits are completely overpowered, fighting them is pretty much an automatic loss
Sarranids and Vaegers are totally gimped, no point in using any of their troops.
All Swadian cav is total garbage except of the top tier Chevalier Banneret

The bandits all have like 100 men + 300 prisoners made worse by the fact that all the bandit parties clump together so they effectively number in the thousands.

Desert and Steppe bandits have this unit called "Black Khergit Horsemen" which are overpowered making any bandit fight with them extremely costly.
For some reason every lord has at least 10 manhunters in their party.

Is their any native overhaul that doesn't suck?
I've tried Nova Aetas but the trait and prestige system in that mod make it unplayable. Also
>Press B to bow

THICC

How much close to native do you want amod to be?

arrows can't be shorter than line between middle of wooden part and middle of string in max drawn position
>I'm trying to say pic related

Now, why is this this much for desired drawn and not, say, twice less w/ half size bow? I don't know, Probably you couldn't get enough power using best avalible materials at that time.
(Veeky Forums&/physic/ noob here, just saying)

Crossbow doesn't have this drawback, and since less size is general good thing for ammo, bolts are smaller.
Weight of arrow and bolt (so they kill, not bump off the linen shirt) has something to do here too. But I don't know details

>because the powerstroke for crossbows is shorter than bows

I wouldn't master photoshop if I had mastered english ealier :^)

>>>/nigger/

why do they fight each other then?

>EU flag
Don't think so, Tim

lemme guess whose the enemy of freedom...
just like irl :^)
the other guys

>EU

They all unite against mankind's one, true enemy...

Get out you nigger

The Khergit is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a coward, horse archer, no infantry, kiting cunt, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a Horsefucker and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”

>implying

anyone here play bannerlord singleplayer yet?

of course i have

>0 relation
>kill some random farmers for quest
>-2 relation
"suspicious"
>literally the entire kingdom is suddenly after my head