>Autism corner
mega.nz/#F!348iRBxC!UwZ7fEhKS8ASAGRYKSHzeQ
>US Army Manual Index
pastebin.com/m98ZrWpP (embed) (embed)
>Link to this OP text
pastebin.com/Tsc71yaf (embed) (embed)

>Example of welcome games
>Flight Sims
Falcon BMS, DCS: World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Strike Fighters X
>Driving Games
Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, DiRT Rally, OMSI 2
>Ground Sims
SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Graviteam Tactics, Squad, Tank Warfare: Tunisia, Combat Mission.
>Submarine Sims
Silent Hunter, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters
>Misc Sims
Command: X, Swat 4, NoLimits2.

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór, Șqűád
OLD:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QLwjDigdM6k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tied to make a new thread half a dozen times
>nothing happens, no message or anything

wow gee thanks
also Viggen

I set up a mission with me in the F-15 against a couple MiG-27s still don't dare go against real fighters without really knowing anything about the radar and I somehow managed to activate some radar mode that got a AIM-120 lock on one of them. Hit the other one with a Sidewinder and then finished him from up close with the gun and then I crashed and exploded on approach to landing

I'm having fun anons. It's a nice feeling. Especially coming from the retarded grindfest bullshit that is War Thunder

glad to hear you are having fun user

It's great user. I've spent months watching DCS videos and stuff and now that I'm finally playing it I'm having a blast. I'm sure this is just the honeymoon phase and it will fade away eventually but I'm enjoying the fuck out of it right now.

I really wish the F-15 had a clicky cockpit

>ded game
>ded thread
>80$ dlc
Im sure they are going to make millions from selling this shit to the dozen people who are willing to pay more than the alredy insane 60$

don't die before I wake up in the morning pls

ded

Il-2 is a fun sim
DCS is a fun sim

I bet you are the same poor fucking neet that calls people with a job wage slaves...kinda funny you think $60-$80 is a lot of money.

It is not. But I can see it is a lot to someone who lives off their mom.

I mean, considering there are people who spend literally thousands of dollars on weapon skins or lootboxes in shitty multiplayer games, I'd say 80 dollars for a top quality simulation of an advanced jet fighter isn't that bad.

wrong and fuck you too.

I can get much better games for 60$. 80$ is a lot of money for an "early access" dlc thats missing half the promised features and will not be finished in the next 2 years. Not to mention the bugs that will be ignored during those years...

If it was 60 i would have bought it, im not paying 80$ for this crap and im not the only one.

>hurr 80$ is not much
i bet you buy supreme and nf clothes too you fucking monkey

If you release an IR missile without a lock will it pick up whatever source of infrared it sees and lock onto it?

>top quality simulation
Come on man

>set up fight against some Su-25s
>"they're slow ground attackers, how hard can it be"
>one of them smacks me in the face with a missile
>radar gone, all electronics gone, no gunsight, no missile tone, everything obliterated
I killed three of them by firing my IR missiles blindly and wrecked the fourth one with the cannon, but I guess the lesson here is that I shouldn't underestimate anything I've even been killed by helicopters in the F-5 I know I'm a scrub

No shane innit, user. Just learn to not let your guard down even when fighting objectively less superior enemies (like the Ka-50).

Why don't fighters have radars facing backwards so they can see both what's in front and what's coming from behind?

I was looking for something that will let me design planes and fly them using flight simulator controls, but I think SimplePlanes is all there is. Still kind of fun, though.

You can make cool planes in Besiege and there's a mod called Advanced Controls Mod (hasn't been updated yet for the latest version of the game so you'd have to find 0.45 version somewhere) that lets you control a lot of stuff with joystick and throttle axes. The aerodynamics in it are rather simple but it's pretty fun to build your own planes.

There's even a mod that lets you make guided missiles.

I own besiege. I should look in to that!

Right now, I'm thinking about trying to design some of my favorite fictional ships in SimplePlanes. I made a ship from the game SkyGunner, and it flew! (But the nose was too heavy, and it kept wanting to dive on me.)

aaaahhhhh

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear!

first for ROLLER COASTERS

Is there a pastebin or any recommended mods for Silent Hunter 4?

Theoretically, yes. Although, they might have some safety systems that either inhibit a launch without lock, or prevent the missile from picking a random IR source (self detonation?)
Just another learning experience user. I personally have surprised an Su-27 that was wrecking a group of Hogs with an AIM-9M in the ass.
TOP QUALITY
nice digits. Probably not worth it in terms of cost/benefit. RWR/MLW is probably sufficient, and dedicated EWR/AWACS greatly improves SA in all directions. Interestingly enough, the P-51D has a rear facing radar proximity detector.

you see, some people actually enjoy what they are doing in their free time. They will use the module for several years like the a-10. The amount of fun it will be to fly with friends and keep learning the new aircraft is well worth the 80.

or you could lurk on a anime website and tell people that they should not spend their money on fun.

Name 3 better games you can get for $60.

Yeah, you can much better games for $60? So you should be in a different fucking thread then because this is the sim thread and the pickings are slim for this category.

And no you little teen faggot. I do not waste my cash on shitty hip-hop trend clothes. I dress like an adult...with a job..you know a wage slave that ironically provides me the freedom to enjoy my interests without having to come up with a plan to fool my mom into giving me the money to finance my interests. It's pretty cool.

How ugly is muh jet on a scale of 1 to 10?

Stay poor faggot. That's pocket change and I get literally 100 hours plus out of every module I've bought. And this one will offer a true f/a experience. I will end up one day having paid about 30 cents for every hour spent in the F18 most likely.
The only thing which has offered the same $/hour experience is witcher 3. If 60 bucks is too much for you for a professional flight model of one of the best fighter jets ever built, fuck off we won't miss you.

Where do you think you are?
Why are you here?

>t. poor commie gay slav boilover

sucks to be you faggot :)

>wageslave
>freedom

kek

Being a NEET is fucking awful tho

If 60 dollars is too much for you, how can you spend money on joysticks or a computer?

>make fun of someone because theyre poor
s-stop.... :'(

If you read the manual, it will tell you the different radar modes and how they work. Just a note, FLOOD mode only works with at least one AIM-7 on the aircraft, and is pretty much useless since it no longers spams launch warnings when you pass it over people, and if you lose STT lock you won't find the target visually in FLOOD anyway.

The manual offers no tactical advice (why woukd it), but if you go forum digging you can find some.

>insane 60$
So, does your mom's credit card not work with ED or are you too retarded to save up allowance money for a while?

Depends on the missile. AIM-9L will, but it has a very narrow FOV (like, a 7.5 degree cone) and probably won't see shit unless cued onto it by radar or boresighted.

Hit up subsim, they have a list of good stuff with descriptions, JSGME integration, and download links/installation instructions.

>69$ for kuban instead is ok
>copy pasted yak
>copy pasted 109
>copy pasted 190
>new p39 and a20
>no clicky shit
>questionable dm and fm that will be tweaked back and forth for years based on how hard the community cries

lol you niggers

youtu.be/QLwjDigdM6k

No bully

I asked because after everything in my F-15 got fucked () I fired missiles when enemies were in front of me (no radar lock, no IR lock tone) and they still went after them and killed them. So either the missiles were locking onto them and the plane wasn't telling me, or they were locking onto the targets after release

Didn't the Harrier go up in price shortly after initial release? If they do the same with the F-18 it could well cost 90 or even 100 bucks at some point

Don't be dead.

What are the differences between the three MiG-29s included in FC3?

up

what the fuck is this

>Has never watched Cowboy Bebop.

What the fuck are you doing on Veeky Forums?

Is 2.5 out yet?

Kerbal Space Program with some mods like FAR is also an option.

Why is it Shilka barrels always look bent?

Holy shit the MiG-29 produces a ridiculous black smoke trail when not on burners

EVEN RUSSIAN PLANES RUN ON COAL

Was your radar working? It has a much wider boresight than the missile and if you put it in radar boresight mode and had an AIM-9 selected, it should cue the AIM-9s seeker onto any radar target that pops up in front of you. It would also do this in VSS mode. Even if your radar is broken, the AIM-9s can boresight and that'll work as long as you don't accidentally lock onto the sun.

2.5 when ? I want to reinstall.

Wags said late january as a promise

someone post the f-15 shootdown webm

>give 80$ to devs who only write 2 lines of code a day
>"lol im an grownup, i work and havent seen my mum in years, im not 12 i swear"
Friendly reminder that you dumbasses are the reason why dcs is so shit. You let them get away with it. They could update the damage models, they could fix the missiles but why would they? The community of simdads and 12yo children will defend them endlessly.
>I would gladly pay 100+$ for a prop biplane
>whats that? war thunder added another plane to their free game? Over a hundred planes that look better than dcs?
>m..muh realism - insert pic of wingless su firing missiles
DCS is an overpriced, shit game. Its only gimmick is the clicks. The bugs stay unfixed for years, the devs leave their planes unfinished to jump to another one and completly ignore the issues.
They keep bumping up the prices while the quality goes down. You may be retarded enough to support them but not everyone is as braindead as you.
stay triggered faggots, im done with dcs.

t. Yemeni

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. Can you at least describe the source of your palpable discontent?

t. Saudi

Have fun playing one of the zero alternatives then.

>war thunder added another plane to their free game? Over a hundred planes that look better than dcs?
As someone who's been playing war thunder for about 5 years I can guarantee they do not look better than DCS' planes

lack of updates, slow dev times, shit quality in general, one of the worst fanbase i ever seen...

>its ok to lower the quality and increase the price because no other game does clicks

Started playing it a week ago, looks better for me.
Some planes on nevada look better but the vast majority of them look like shit on 2.2 and will probably continue to look like shit on 2.5 too.

War Thunder will never have the Fidelity of DCS

>slow dev times
Making a simulation of a modern advanced jet fighter takes time? Who woulda thunk.

thats a stock aircraft

>its ok to lower the quality and increase the price because no other game does clicks
you're god damn right

>Started playing it a week ago
Oh user enjoy the honeymoon period while it lasts, cause soon you'll start to see how much of an unbalanced, broken grindfest War Thunder is and how retarded, moronic, greedy and incompetent the devs are. You think DCS has bad flight models? You haven't seen shit.

>other games chug out content like its candy
>"engine stats page of the mfd comes later, maybe in a year or two"
Because 3 hours of copy-pasting and changing a few words/numbers needs a whole month for them.
How many times have you seen on the forums shit like "its alredy done we are waiting for ED to approve it"
I dont know if its the devs who are lazy or its ed who doesnt give a shit, but it sure as fuck doesnt take that long to add simple stuff like that.
Just look at the harrier and the things they fixed-added since release. You can look at the code and guess how much time it must have took.

Funny but it costs less than 80$ to make it enjoyable.

>Because 3 hours of copy-pasting and changing a few words/numbers needs a whole month for them.
You really have no Idea what goes into making a feature filled module do you?

I meant that, user. I'm glad you're enjoying War Thunder so far but trust me, it won't last forever. And sure enough it's free to play, but only as long as you don't mind enduring the broken flight models, retarded matchmaking and countless bugs several hours a day every day for weeks just to unlock that one vehicle you want.

>Because 3 hours of copy-pasting and changing a few words/numbers needs a whole month for them.
Oh and it's funny you should mention that too, because half-assing flight models (and proceeding to not fix them for months or years) is what War Thunder does all the time.

It's okay to not like DCS but to imply that War Thunder does anything better? Just no.

Talking about a text-only page in the mfd. Its right there in the games folder, you can see for yourself. Half of it is just the buttons around, literally copy-paste. The other half is the actual content, something any sane programmer would copy and change the variable names. Less than 3 hours of work.
Shit like that are promoted as huge features and take years for them to do.
You do realize that most of the features have been in the game since the a10 days, they only have to hook them up. What isnt there the third party devs either say "w..we cant do this dcs doesnt have this feature" or make some easy "just for looks" solution.

The entire hud of the harrier would take two days to make for a lazier dev and they still managed to break it.
What feature do you think takes so long to make? The radio is another example of code that is shared with other dlcs yet its still not working properly.

The only thing that takes actual effort is the flight model, something that they change every year or so because it turns out to be wrong.

The whole "oooh it takes so long because its very realistic" is bullshit. When you press a button it doesnt simulate everything that happens in a real plane, the sometimes dozens of controlers that information goes through before it does its job. Its simply "button pressed, do this".

At least it has a progression system, a reason to play. Its not pretending to be realistic.
Im ok with its issues, i havent paid hundreds of $ for it.
DCS didnt last forever either.

WT doesnt sell lone planes for 80$. If i have to pay money for something i expect something in return. Maybe fixing gamebreaking bugs within 3 months is too much to ask for.

>fixing gamebreaking bugs within 3 months
If you expect that in War Thunder prepare to e disappointed.

>At least it has a progression system, a reason to play
You can't enjoy something just for itself if there's no progression and rewards? Sad.

holy shit your right war thunder planes are really beautiful
pic related its what you look at in a "simulator" air match

All bomber cockpits are placeholder as indicated at the bottom of the screen, most fighters and attackers have pretty nice-looking and detailed cockpits. The issue in War Thudner sim is that it still has all the retarded flight and damage models and over/underperforming weapons as the other game modes.

War Thunder has many problems and flaws that are much more important than the graphics.

Enjoy your war thunder user. You belong there.

>placeholder graphics for over a year with 0 progress on it in a game thats been out since 2013
your right but oh wait a fucking minute they took the time to add the ability to open your canopy and fucking exhaust flames so your argument they are trying to fix the core problems does not make any sense
most problems they don't even look at or are slow to fix like the is6 being blatantly overpowered for 6 months until recently
also
>post a image for a point about how warthunder planes are way better looking then dcs planes
nuh uh you have to look at these specific aircraft!
but even the attack aircraft they make them look fucking ugly

whoops meant for you

If you had read the last sentence of my post you could have guessed I'm the other user who's also shitting on War Thunder, not the one defending it while shitposting about DCS. I just think you were cherrypicking with that screenshot of a shitty placeholder cockpit model and that's a shitty way to try and win an argument or debate. Like I said there are many bad things about WT you could use as arguments, so why go for the occasional bit of terrible graphics

The absolute state of /simg/

Presales are always discounted. The price then goes back up to normal.

IL-2 is fun
DCS is fun
BMS is fun
War Thunder is not fun

This.

takeoff /simg/

I see tou dont undertand supply and demand. I want to fly a godamned Hornet, and that's not availiable anywhere else, unless you know someone else who's going to make one! Same story for the A-10, Viggen, Harrier, Tomcat and every other godamned plane they do, because literally no one else makes a sim of more than dubious quality that I can futz around in.

Why the hell do you think gold is expensive, dude? Its rare and people want it, so suppliers can charge whatever the fuck they want for it.

Makes you wonder why ED aren't making an F-16 for DCS to get some of the Falcon audience

Cause it'd take years and wouldn't do anything the Hornet can't? The Apache will probably be the "flagship" module after the Hornet.

People who play DCS want to fly their favorite plane, not the plane that does everything better than the others. Modules like the F-4 and the F-14 are still going to sell well despite the Hornet being a thing.

The Hormuz map looks absolutely spectacular in the videos I've seen, it's going to make Nevada obsolete

Can you post your favorite truck?

Well, the F-14 still has AIM-54, and there is truly no hard counter for that even with 4.5 gen aircrafts. While it's not a Hornet, it's no slouch in BFM, and the better pilot (which is often quite the disparity in DCS) has a very good chance of winning, even if he's in some dinky shit slav fighter. Plus, the F-15 has the same missiles, better sustained turn performance, and of course the simplicity of no clicky to keep it viable. I think the Hornet fits rights in as the first clicky 4th gen fighter.

> and there is truly no hard counter for that even with 4.5 gen aircrafts.
gentle turning will do the trick.