/bfg/- Battlefield General

Heligoland/Deader than dead edition

PART 1 OF TURNING TIDES IS HERE

>>>PATCH NOTESLINKSPLATOONSFAQ

First for support being the best class

I can’t even sleep for a little bit without this thing dying. Shitpost, argue, draw battlefield waifus. Do something. Please

Is it going to be turning tides part 2 next month and then apocalypse in March?

Any tips on getting 500 tank damage with HE crossbow? Each tank hit is 8pts. Shits taking FOREVER

Target artillery trucks instead. It does like 16 damage to them

Also, if you have good aim, aim at low flying planes. I’m sure it does a ton of damage

Armored cars bruv. Like 24pts/hit

Jesus that would be a hell of a shot

Very much possible, though. I believe in you

Heligoland is trash

Just sit outside the range of any ship and spam torpedos

HEs don’t detonate on impact, though, do they?

Don’t torps have a limited range?

It was way harder in BF3 and i damaged a few little birds with the croosbow/gun thingy

They do on vehicles

That’s the american famas. It was made by heckler browning in 1913. Chambered in 556mm

I don’t think so. The torpedo just goes until it hits something. I may be wrong though

>tfw using a field gun against a plane

Bumping with Siege of Tsingtao.

fun fact, the face the guy is making is my face 90% of the time when I play this game
but I never get my FT stuck

How does the french famas looks like then

This is my face when I play

if only it was made of brie

I would be doing the same face after being pushed back to the last sector in any operation with only 1 enemy battalion on the field

>albion
>fucking around in boat because the map is awful and im guaranteed a win as the russians
>go 1-6 for the first 15 minutes
>battleship shows up
>end up sinking it with almost a full crew with the 20mm on the boat
>fuck up another boat for another triple
>then a quad
>then another triple

feels good man

were you a support with a wrench driving because otherwise how did you survive so long

Now that’s art. Beautiful

I got 20 boat kills in a round and 79 total kills in a day with boats overall in one day last week. Boats are fun and easy to use if you know what you’re doing

Beautiful

I wasn't. That battleship run was pretty much pure luck.

btw you don't need a wrench to repair in the boat. Any class can do it.

>you don't need a wrench to repair the boat
wut

All of a sudden no Defense can play Devil's Anvil right. This Operations Campaign was a mistake.

I mean you don't need to be a support with a wrench to repair the boat from the inside. Just hold down on the dpad (im on xbone) and it repairs.

I knew from the start that this was going to be a disastrous campaign thing

when the hell did they make that change?

>first operations campaign is the Russian operations
>well that sucks, but hopefully there'll be a French operations campaign next
>they bring brusilv offensive back before Beyond the Marne

what the fuck

Don’t worry. I’m calling it now. The next one is going to have kaiserschlacht and beyond the Marne. “Beginning of the End”. Makes sense right? Those were late battles in the war

Is that you Ganon? I tried joining you and errorshrk but I got put on the other team. Seems like your team pulled it together

Yeah that was me. I'm surprised we did, thankfully. I'm up for Brusilov if you guys are.

Sure. Anything that’ll stop me from getting grouped in with tryhards from asia for a while. Are you in a match right now?

In queue.

In queue to join now

It’s not like I wanted to be the same team or anything. I enjoy being on the awful losing team and getting killed by my own platoon members

Are arty trucks ever NOT on a hill, in a wide open field, 200m from anything?

>mfw Soviet killed me
All's fair in war however so it passes
Yeah sorry m8, I kept hoping that someone on our team would leave so you could get a spot but it never came around. Hopefully next time.

That’s why you hunt them down like the shitbags they are. And plus, even if they’re not close the crossbow thing has decent range. I only have 84 damage left to with it

dunno. was just boating around when i saw repair at the bottom of my screen

>join game
>losing
>fuck this, switch to winning team
>shit on scrubs then win

feels fucking GREAT man

Why do all the LMGs feel shit. I can't get into any of them

Or how about
>join game
>team is stomping the enemies
>get 2nd place without any effort whatsoever

MG15 is GOAT
Also - if they have a bipod, you gotta try that shit out.

Feels relaxing to be a player on the top of the scoreboard on the losing team and switch to the winning team to kill the shit out of them as punishment for being uncarryable shitters. I used to do shit like that on TF2 all the time. You can only take so much of a blueberry team's uncarrayble bullshit.

I've got 10 service starts on the MG15 Suppressive but after not playing support for ages I just can't get back into it

Also helps that TF2 made you feel like a piece of shit for losing too.

So how about that new heligoland? I’m amazed and feel like I’m back in 1942 (hoping dreadnaughts get fortress gun sights)

That’s devilish and I like it

>opeartions in fort de vaux
>grab the flametrooper kit
>medic starts following me
>scout shoots a flare
>ENTIRE hallway filled with filthy french basterds
>toss my incendiary grenades into the hallway
>turn the corner, pull the trigger
>mfw

I wonder how it feels to be devs at DICE for BF1, working on maps and game modes that barely anyone even fucking plays, like Rush on PC. Like, atleast they're getting a fucking paycheck, but why even bother putting in any effort? It's like incursions, fucking no one will be playing that shit.

Devil’s anvil is only good for revives and nothing else

Ha

Purely because of the money

>It's like incursions, fucking no one will be playing that shit

DICE has said incursions is more for BF 2018 than it is for BF1. They want to be able to integrate a competitive mode into Battlefield and have it ready for 2018. They're gonna have a bigger esports focus for the next game than they normally do.

Which weapons do you think are going to be in apocalypse? They’re going to really have to scrape the bottom of the barrel aren’t they?
>tfw barrel could be an actual melee weapon

And no one is still going to play it

> bigger esports focus for the next game
Jesus fucking Christ this sounds horrible. Balance is going to be done around what the esport faggots say now.

fists as the new melee weapon

>Balance is going to be done around what the esport faggots say now.

Well all the most popular games are esports driven titles and its been DICE'S goal for a while to make BF relevant.

This isn't how you make a game like Battlefield relevant.

At it's fucking core it's a massive shooter with emphasis on combined arms battles. Nobody wants their little faggy 5v5 garbage.

>it’s a puzzle weapon

is the premium pass worth it at full price?

If you plan on playing it frequently, definitely. If you’re just going to play once a month, you’re better off keeping your money

>rest of the DLC coming January :)
>two weeks into the month we don't have a release date

It's gonna be the 31st isn't it

I wouldn’t doubt it.

Try the any variant of the Madsen? Or Perino low weight maybe? I really don’t like the other lmgs either. I stick to those

I was playing yesterday and everything was finde. I log in today and this is what i see. What the fuck?

Anyone who is playing right now in yurope?

I really hope they don't nerf the parabellum in the ttk update

Servers are probably shitting themselves or your internet is shitting it’s self.

>requires 10 pieces

imho its definatly the worst map in the game, which is a shame because naval was my favourite dlc in bf4

getting real sick of my full revives getting stolen by some shitters quick revives desu

What is the difference? I've never been able to tell

in bf4 the more charge you use the more health the player gets revived with, shitters just quick revive people which only gives them 20 health points and an instant death, whereas with full health they can at least escape

Oh I know that in BF4, I was wondering if there was a difference in BF1

This... would actually be hilarious

Second for the perino. Not a fan of the madsen; I don’t like top-loaders that cover half your screen

Same thing happened to me. After loading into a game, all my progress was restored. About shat my pants that my profile had been nuked, though.

just tried incursions. fucking terrible. uninstalled after that one game.

>Spent so long trying to get the service assignments for a class every other class feels shit
How do I stop playing medic nothing feels as useful?

Can someone tell me why I get 100% CPU usage on this game? I just got a new PC and I'm surprised that it's doing that. Even though the temps are just at around 50 degrees celsius at Ultra.

You can be useful playing any class. Target vehicles as assault, play aggressive as scout and lay down tons of flares, and resupply and fix vehicles as support

Imagine the takedown animation from behind. Would it be snapping their neck or would it be a choke type thing? Either way it would be pretty brutal

I can imagine a 30s animation of you choking a prone target to death

can someone give me the discord link for /bfg1/ platoon on ps4

That would make it so impractical, but at the same time fun to use

It’s not just for PS4. It’s for everyone. But I think the person who created it needs to put a new invite thing so I can update our platoon information

The best part would be the enemy scout being forced to stare at you for the entire time until they died

ye whatever gimme it

also any /bfg1/ lads want to play tonight?

We have wait until the person who created puts a new link. And I’ll be on bf1 later before I get get offline. In about 30 minutes