/nepgen/ - Neptunia General #1350

>Hyperdimension Neptunia Downloads (Skins, Artbooks, Manga, Guides, Soundtracks, etc.):
pastebin.com/mdMmvEqd

New Neptunia title in the works. Promises to 'surpass expectations': siliconera.com/2017/11/07/new-neptunia-project-works-will-surpass-expectations-1000/

>Miscellaneous News:
Beru has been in the Japanese Compile Heart app for weeks now: twitter.com/CompileHeartApp/status/932809155357786112

New Years Purple Heart in Nep-Nep Connect: compileheart.com/nepnep_connect/news/article/20180110_1.php

4GO art contest results: ideafintl.com/cyberdimension/4go/community/?page=15

>Nep-Nep's VII-rtual Reality News:
VIIR localization coming Spring 2018: gematsu.com/2017/10/megadimension-neptunia-viir-coming-west-spring-2018
Patch 1.07 has been released for VIIR a month ago: compileheart.com/neptune/v2r/info/update.php
VIIR English website: ideafintl.com/nep-v2r/
Translated Drama CDs and VR scenes for VIIR can be found here: youtube.com/user/AliasV3/videos

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/yYPgqHqD
strawpoll.me/14824983
strawpoll.me/14824986
my.mixtape.moe/zzmleb.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=cQvrJGQN9JY
youtube.com/watch?v=tNdxQdGqQzg
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=66785645
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>it's a Nepgear episode

Here comes Nepsagi!

I love Noire more than anything in the entire world!

I'm returning from banishment to post more Nepgear!

4GO worth getting on ps4 or should I just wait for the pc release?

I've been banished from Gamindustri, but I'm back and ready to serve My Only True Goddess Nepgear-Sama!

Hiya!

NepuBuran

Funkydimension Neptunia.

pastebin.com/yYPgqHqD

I love Blanc! I want her to read to me!

Nep can't get over it.

>only one post without an image so far
Let's not kill the thread too fast.

Praise Rena.
And Neptunia 8.

Have you worshiped your Goddess today?

I don´t think necks work that way...

Official vertnep.
Necks are fine!

Can you explain the appeal of this ship?
The fan art I've seen usually portray Vert in the dominating position, but their interactions in the games don't seem to be like that.

Lets fuck

Nah.
I prefer superior Planeptune

Unigear~

I love plut the cute !

I'm going to commission an artist to draw a PoV picture of Nepgear and Uni (in their normal outfits) cuddling in bed with a bunch of pillows around them and with one of them laying their head on the other's chest and reaching an arm over their midriff to interlock fingers with the other.

Now, the question is, which configuration do you all want to see more?

Nepgear's PoV; Uni resting her head on Nepgear's chest
or
Uni's PoV; Nepgear resting her head on Uni's chest

Additionally, should the girl in view of the "dominant" cuddler be asleep or awake? They're gonna be smiling/happy either way, but I figure you all might have some different preferences. Obviously the girl doing the looking has to be awake, of course.

strawpoll.me/14824983
strawpoll.me/14824986
Let me get your opinions, please.

I have a 100% resistance to /u/-hater shitposting, so don't bother.

CUTE

I LOVE TIARA

>hiring husbando
Poor Nep.

I wonder how much she's willing to pay, and in what.

I love Tiara!
Lola's a little shit though.

Tiara, with a little of Iris Heart.

Just my kind of girl.

I want Tiara to suck on my ice cream.
It's sugar-free, too!

Don't die! Or else we'll get another shitty knife-eared piece of shit trash.

Big Histy in a nep game when

She's already in all of them.

I want Histy to hug me!

I like nep

What the fuck is wrong with Neptune during Conquest? She shows little to no emotion when her friends get killed in front of her. Heck, she even takes part in the killings, all this without shedding a single tear.
Could she be a more capable serial killer than Gear?

Why do retards keep pushing this dumb narrative, Neptune's whole thing in RB2 was trying to be a good and supportive big sister for Nepgear, she was putting on a brave face for her instead of being a sobbing mess like Nepgear was.

>Why do retards keep pushing this dumb narrative
It's not some generic "the power of friendship" shit. It's actually one of the better endings in the series, simply because it's different and somewhat plot heavy.
>Neptune's whole thing in RB2 was trying to be a good and supportive big sister
>she was putting on a brave face
That's what I first thought, but the whole "brave face" thing is taken 2 steps too far.
Not to mention
>Neptune just hanging back watching the show as Noire is trying to kill herself

Not to mention that Noire (and cosequently Uni) had already given up their lives. From that point, it was too late to go back. They would have had to keep going or risk being killed by one of the other goddesses in the process.

I think they bring it up since it gives us something to talk about, even if only for a little bit.

wakey wakey

Eggs and Bacey.

Blanc and Bert are Best!

Wake up, /nepgen/.

Only if I'm allowed to whip your elslut.

i want to impregnate them both!

I want to fuse them together and impregnate them!

My hand is confused about this.

I'm going to impregnate every single female nep

(image is actual spoiler)

As others have already said, she was trying to be strong to support Nepgear. If I recall correctly, she even said something to that effect near the end, though unfortunately I didn't take a screenshot. It must be noted that she was just as casual about her own impending death and only broke down at the very end after she got stabbed.

>Could she be a more capable serial killer than Gear?
Regardless of her lack of malice during Conquest: Yes. Nepgear was only able to start doing what she did because of Noire's suicide and Neptune's constant support. I'm fairly sure Neptune would be far more likely to be able to proactively and successfully accomplish Conquest without that support than Nepgear would, as she's much better at setting her emotions aside to do what must be done (also how she remained "calm" while her sister murdered everyone with her help). However, I do think Neptune would be less likely to initiate Conquest; Nepgear gives in to pressure easily (so from the moment Noire killed herself there was no chance of Nepgear ever going back) but Neptune is more stubborn. Most likely she would not accept that Noire's death leaves Conquest as the only remaining option.

>Neptune just hanging back watching the show as Noire is trying to kill herself
Pretty sure it just happened too fast for her (or anyone else) to stop it, and once Uni said what she said there was no longer any point in trying to stop what had been set in motion - it would only make it harder on Nepgear.

Don't mind if I do, then!

(this image is also an actual spoiler)

>It's actually one of the better endings in the series, simply because it's different and somewhat plot heavy.
While I like the idea and the influence it has on the fanbase (we can discuss Neps killing each other, yay), I felt the execution was poor.

Characters start to act irrationally and out-of-character to force the plot to head in this direction, and the story itself contains plot holes. ( Among other things, there's talk about Neptune and Nepgear having been young and growing up, and shares not being shared among CPUs of the same nation (and even if it were true, it still ignored how shares can be transferred - fuck, even Conquest route itself starts with the suggestion of the other nations voluntarily transferring their shares to Planeptune). )

This is in addition to the route being about a suddenly introduced plot item (yeah, there were three chirper events mentioning it beforehand - but those things completely separated from the main story (in addition to being very arbitrary - you just happen to run into unnamed NPCs without sprites who know rumors no one else has even heard about)) that just coincidentally requires specifically that arbitrary tragedy to happen to work.

(continued)

(another actual spoiler. Continued from )

It then ends up with a situation where the world is saved and the future is bright, but because they want it to be a bad ending they leave some ominous-sound but nonsensical words in a poor attempt to end it on a negative note. Said nonsense, however, is entirely contradicted by the entire series: In R;B1, conflict was brought by Arfoire, in R;B2 conflict was brought be the CFWs (and Arfoire), in R;B3 conflict was brought by the Seven Sages and Rei, and in VII conflict was brought by Kurome and the Gold Third. Only at the start of R;B1 were the nations hostile towards each other, and past the start of R;B1 the story always featured the nations dropping hostilities and the CPUs working together. There is already no strife or conflict caused by the CPUs and hardly and competition. Either the world will continue doing fine or it's fucked either way.

Actually, it's confirmed in a way in VII. Apparently, Neptune, as a CPU, never get older, but the candidates do.

good on you for delving so deep into this silly series. considering that, at least how it feels to someone who's only recently gotten into it, all the games and their "plots" quite explicitly parody and poke fun at "muh dramatic and coherent story arc" stuff. it's one of the main reasons i like these games - little to no connection between them apart from characters and general setup. hell, RB1 and 2 basically exist in separate universes (suddenly nobody knows the name Arfoire? k)

also, it's fan service the franchise, who cares about the plot as long as things are fun

And now, something different:
my.mixtape.moe/zzmleb.mp4

>"There's room for one more, user! Come on in!"

I want Uzume to wrap her thighs around my head!

Room for one more whore?

HOT

youtube.com/watch?v=cQvrJGQN9JY

Marvy is not a whore, she's my loving and loyal wife!

It was a reference to this : youtube.com/watch?v=tNdxQdGqQzg

>pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=66785645

That´s lewd af user

I'm pretty sure DLC events are non-canon and have contradicted established lore (and characterization!) before. Still, I haven't played VII's DLC events, but unless I'm missing information even if that were true, "when we were tykes" would still be a plot hole, since it implies Neptune and Nepgear grew up alongside each other.

>all the games and their "plots" quite explicitly parody and poke fun at "muh dramatic and coherent story arc" stuff
Unless a story consciously chooses to forego a proper plot (by consisting of unrelated segments, by having no plot beyond the initial setup and the ending, or by parodying its own plot), any story - even a parody - still needs to at least be internally consistent. (Breaking consistency with other works in the universe is acceptable, but breaking consistency within the work is not.) Otherwise, there is no meaning to having a plot at all; it would be better to just intersperse the gameplay with random fun scenes. The point of a plot is to connect otherwise unrelated events and set up expectations for them; having events not connect properly to the plot is a flaw, even if the story is comedic in nature (a defense Neptunia can't fully use as it tries to tell actual stories, not just joke around). (If you were wondering, it IS possible for even JRPGs to not have a plot; I think Brave Dungeon (3DS/Switch; not to be confused with the PC game of the same name) is an excellent example, having only a very short intro and a short ending.

>little to no connection between them apart from characters and general setup
VII is strongly connected to Mk2/R;B2 and somewhat connected to V/R;B3. There also exist connections between Mk2/R;B2 and V/R;B3. Only HDN and R;B1 are entirely disconnected due to HDN originally having been made as a stand-alone game with no intent for a sequel, causing Mk2 to reboot the franchise.

>also, it's fan service the franchise, who cares about the plot as long as things are fun
Conquest is entirely about the plot. Playing conquest as just comedic fun would be pretty sick.

The connection between games is weak at best. Literally anything you need to know about previous games to enjoy VII is explained in VII itself. Enough of this meme, this isn't kiseki we're talking about, it's Neptunia.

Stop conquestposting

You posted this shit on /u/ too, just admit you wanted to rile people up and it didn't work, enjoy wasting your bucks on shitty western art

Reminder that tangerines kick ass and that Nepgear smells funny.

Have anyone noticed that the "current" generation of CPUs is the only generation that has candidates? Lowee and Planeptune are confirmed to have previous CPUs as rulers but none stated that they had sisters. Just successors. And considering the fact that Neptune did state in two games about Nepgear being a small younger kid before, even though they're (the CPUs) already born with the way they currently look. This led me to theorize that the Candidates are experiments and not actual-born goddesses. Like they're artificially made, possibly as a collaboration effort by the 3 CPUs before Vert was born, maybe, or the candidates were former humans who were close to the CPUs themselves and were given the power of CPUs, again with experiments, which granted them power and immortality.

VII's DLC are supposely canon, since they never interfere with what the game say.
Beside, I'd rather trust what VII say over Neptune. She might be taking some liberties to make Nepgear feel better, while I doubt she lies to Million.

Pic related.

I was just contradicting the implied claim the Neptunia series has no story consistency between the various games.

For the order of playing things:
* HDN and R;B1 can obviously be played stand-alone.
* Mk2/R;B2 expects you to know (and care) about the CPUs and Gamindustri in general, so you're missing out unless if you haven't played HDN or R;B1 despite them not being connected story-wise.
* V/R;B3 can mostly be played stand-alone, but there are frequent references to things HDN/R;B1/Mk2/R;B2 players should know and the start of the story may be boring and/or confusing otherwise.
* VII is the game best playable stand-alone past HDN and R;B1; though familiarity with the characters and world makes it more enjoyable, it's not at all required

This is unrelated to how much they're connected story-wise. The ideal order is of course still R;B1->R;B2->R;B3->VII, but any other order with R;B2 after R;B1 or VII works as well.

Soon TM

What's iris heart looking at ?

alt+0153™

A lucky random bloke.

godbless

What was about

And copy and paste.

>the candidates were former humans who were close to the CPUs themselves and were given the power of CPUs, again with experiments, which granted them power and immortality.
This seems unlikely, considering how close they resemble their siblings. Particularly for Lowee's case, the odds of twin girls looking just like Blanc but younger not only existing but being chosen for these experiments seem incredibly unlikely.

>And considering the fact that Neptune did state in two games about Nepgear being a small younger kid before
CPU candidates aging opens several other cans of worms. Nepgear spent 10 years in Ultradimension; why doesn't she look like she's in her twenties now? Will the CPUs watch their sisters grow old and die? Or if they stopped aging, how did that happen? And why did they stop aging at different ages?

>Lowee and Planeptune are confirmed to have previous CPUs as rulers but none stated that they had sisters.
Well, beyond the possibility of lost history (not everything is recorded; the very existence of Tari was only a rumor until it was confirmed late in V/R;B3), I think we can look to the meta inspirations for an answer here: Nintendo didn't produce its first handheld until 1989, 6 years after its first console (12 if you count Color TV Game). Sega took 7 years, and they had already released their second/third console (depending on if you count SG-1000 and Master System as separate consoles). Sony even took 10 years. Like handhelds in our world were something that came after the first consoles, it could just be that for no artificial reason (maybe it was caused by the amount of shares, maybe the influence of having a CPU around for long enough) candidates just weren't born until later generations. (Interestingly, Ultra Dimension's Famicom Blanc and PS1 Noire do not have sisters yet, nor does Mega Drive Plutia.)

The last generation of the CPUs supposedly died off in a battle with DoS, which might explain why the new CPUs were born already grown up and why Neptune and Uranus don't seem to be particularly close.
The baby experimentation theory doesn't seem likely to me since all the sisters look similar to the respective CPUs.

I messed up, quoted and deleted 3 out of it accidentally and replaced it with 0.
Dont ask, I have not slept in 24 hours soon.

>24 hours
my god user, go to sleep, this is unhealthy for you or take a nap for 2 hours if you can't spare the time

Glad to see Iris Heart getting new fanart

I dont take much naps because I always overslept them no matter if I got alarm on my phone or something.
It once cost me whole day. Had morning shift once, woke up at 4am, and at work at 6am, shift ended in 4pm. Went back home and decided to take a nap, well it was bit longer nap, I woke up at 8pm and went back to bed, woke up at midnight and decided "fuck it" and made some food and wasted time.
Before that week I worked one month of night shift, 10pm-6am so there's that.

>CPU candidates aging opens several other cans of worms. Nepgear spent 10 years in Ultradimension; why doesn't she look like she's in her twenties now?
Nepgear got a Memory-something in Ultradimension, making her a UD Planeptune CPU, before the 10 year timeskip.

I did mention "were given the power of CPUs, again with experiments, which granted them power and immortality" which would be similar to how compatible humans in UD can become CPUs.

>The baby experimentation theory doesn't seem likely to me since all the sisters look similar to the respective CPUs.
It's still possible, albeit very rarely, to find people that can look like related to them. Can be extremely coincidental but not unlikely.

Hope we can get more of Puru.

Iris Heart is awesome in every outfit.

>CPU candidates aging
Probably only until they're "old enough", decided by their followers' combined wishes. Basically, the same place where they would've ended if they were just born that way.
Bad news for Rom&Ram who didn't grew a bit in the several years stated to pass between mk2 and VII.
>It's still possible
I guess. With UD Neptune having a family, there should be a few people running around in HD who look like they're related to Neptune.

>Will the CPUs watch their sisters grow old and die? Or if they stopped aging, how did that happen? And why did they stop aging at different ages?
I forgot to add to my written theory that they might've experimented when they've reached the age where they look like what they are now.

That's true

I want to spank Iris Heart.