/ink/ - Splatoon General

Splatfest Edition #2

Previous thread: Redirect to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Splatoon 2 Map Schedules: splatoon2.ink/
Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

>News
Dapple Dualies Nouveau release today at 6 p.m. PT! Sub: toxic mist; Special: ink storm
Shellendorf Institute is now a playable map!
Next Splatfest is action vs. comedy! Playable worldwide from 1/12 (Fri) 8:00 p.m. PT – 1/13 (Sat) 8:00 p.m. PT.

>Wiki
splatoonwiki.org/

>Patch notes
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/~/how-to-update-splatoon-2

>Big S2 gear & weapon lists (contains unreleased weapons)
leanny.github.io/splat2/
leanny.github.io/splat2/newgear.html

>Loadout planner with weapons, gear, abilities, and stat calculations
loadout.ink/

>List of possible main abilities for gear from Splatnet so far
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18ip1HahYq8DRZRgSEXoRqa915aThLXPb79AFF91HCe4/edit#gid=0

>League weapon usage data
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k78z_Nz7xDXcSSK5lCtNMKwNE0tRea_vHf6cavl8KLI/edit#gid=255836450

>Add your FC to the list of FC below:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

>List of FC:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

>Splatoon 1 Artbook
archive.org/details/TheArtOfSplatoon

Fighting for Pearl!

Is this a good set for Luna?

DUDE
SEAWEED
LMAO

you goys are so shit, even your shitty OCs taking refugee in reddit

Clown Shoes/10

Hoodrat fighting for comedy!

Any comedybros want to team up?

>team comedy
>4 rollers
>team action
>4 god-tier pros all with Japanese names
I am not laughing any longer.

Is it me or chargers are pointless for humpback pumptrack? Everytime i use it i lose and even if it starts good i get fucking steamrolled...

Well there aren't many corridors, so yeah they would be pretty useless.

Unless you're covering the centre or something.

く8ミ

>Implying they don't make it impossible to play TC

I sent a request but we'd need 2 other players

How's it been going for your team so far /ink/? I'm still not sure which to pick.

>OH BOY SPLATFEST TIME
>play two games
>both games have at least two very laggy people on the other team who can hit me but I can't hit them
And this was why I stopped playing Splat 1 a lot besides Splatfests. Global was a mistake
>captcha National CALIDAD

Solo Queue action was fairly competent when I finished off my ranking.
/ink/ squads are a shitshow.

Choose comedy and join us please

Hard to aim, a lot of curvature to it, but a good charger is absolutely godlike on it.

Let's try again later.

I'm up for it, sent you a friend request.

>Squished by Splat Roller
>kill cam shows him leaving his spawn

WHAT!?

Hey guys, wanna hear a joke?
Glooga Dualies

Tell that to duallies bomb spamming faggots that crawls in team action, add ink storm and it's a guaranteed win for those cum guzzling cunts that uses it, trapping the enemy team in their spawn

Why are the best looking dualies the worst?

Just had a game where the entire enemy team had been disconnected before the game started.

1:30 minutes never felt so long...

“You Are Already Dead”

Also forgot to mention that those people don't die when eating a bomb in their fucking face and they don't have any bomb def in their gear

Why is chargers hurtbox so ridiculously small? Were they considered op in splat 1 or something?

Any comedy players wanna team?
Need 2

They were an absolute nightmare to play against in 1

How is the win rate and team spread looking so far? Anyone get a ton of mirror matches?

It's the same as in 1.

easiest splatfest so far, and I don't think I've improved that much since the last one
I really hate that I lost that last two matches

Room is open for comedy bros, join us

>Don't pick a side so I can take nighttime photos
>Pick so I can play
>Forgot about photos
>Forced to wear ugly tee with awful ink color
I hate splatfest

Action bros need one for a "fun" splatfest.

>implying blue is an awful color

But I like pink better

i can't believe my best bud joined the wrong team without bothering to ask for my opinion
it's not funny

HAHAHAHA

As far as gloogas go, they're actually ridiculously fun. If all shit guns were like it and Dynamo, and not nu-Aero and Slosher, I wouldn't complain.

Why did you leave your own lobby? Are you coming back?

Sorry, have to leave for a bit. Hopefully we'll have enough players when I'm back.
Stay strong comedy bros

When did camping start being a big thing?

squelchies are far from worst

From like summer 2015?

The moment you started playing

13/4 on my team
>0/0 everyone else

how though you had splattershot, nzap, and nzap

Undercover brella is fun

IT'S NOT FUNNY YOU JERK

How weak is the shield? I haven't played in awhile and might give it a go but don't want to rush in like a fool with my shield and figure out it's weak as shit

Getting right fucked off with rollers. I want to say it's a noskill weapon but I have to accept I'm shit against them.

Splat 1

Are there really no comedy players? Several matches now we just had to have action players fill

No problems filling in with comedy players on the EU servers.

I'm on EU too though. Weird.

Judging from my plaza the last few days I thought there would be a fair amount of comedy players, though still less than action so maybe I've just been unlucky.

Woomys in the fucking area!

Do you not know how to kite? Just have some awareness of what's around you and stay on the move

Kite? I know where they are but you can't out damage them or out range them without a charger.

What's the point of participating in splatfest? What do you gain? This is my first one and I dunno if I should bother with it while my friends are playing fighterz open beta

It’s fairly weak and can be broken easily by certain weapons like rollers, sloshers, chargers and blasters but it can face tank most shooters in a 1v1 and can protect you from shit like point blank splashdown and inkjet enough to counterattack with your own splashdown or retreat. Plus direct bomb hits eat through it so be careful to not catch bombs with it if you want to still have the shield to fight.

You get an item that lets you add slots onto gear that doesn't have three slots yet, as well as you them for a free reroll which is less recommend when you're first starting the game. You get more of the item the higher your Splatfest rank is, and if your team wins overall or not

Stop being a rangelet and use something with more range, or an explosive sub.
Strafe when you see them jump to avoid the vertical swing.

>nearly every match have to report a shitter who gets 0-1 kills with fucking zap
yep that's splatoon all right

Snails and bragging rights

Tried all of that and it still seems like a game over for me when I see a roller.

I will just have to git gud but I hate them.

>Reporting people because they didn't impress you enough
And who the fuck are you?

>Murch is gone during splatfest
ARE YOU FUCKING SQUIDDING ME

WHICH TEAM IS WINNING I DON'T WANT TO GET BAITED INTO ANOTHER MARINA LOSS HELP

check the map

He's in the middle of the dance crowd.

OH THE JELLYFISH

THEY ARE DANCING ON THE SQUIDS HEADS HOW CUTE

He's dancing in the crowd, you can find him and talk to him still

I'm enjoying seeing the xmas squids have fun with their first splatfest

I know right?

The one eyed fucker is dancing in the square

Anyone want to battle for team comedy next rotation?

Forgot my friendcode

Fuck personal preferences. Next time I'm just picking the less popular thing so I can get shorter queue times.

>He hasn't randomly found murch while enjoying the splatfestivities

Why even bother playing?

Police Squid here.
No Reports about Woomys getting raped so far.
Enjoy your Splatfest

Why am I getting pushed up so hard even though I'm splatting a good amount?

>two DCs

The worst part is I'm pretty sure they aren't rage quitting because almost after every match win or lose I get communication error and it boots me to lobby

No reports...yes.

someone who doesn't suck at kid shooter so much he can't stand his ground with one of the most retarded weapons in the game

>Goo Tuber: Increased damage when not fully charged by roughly 63%. Due to this change, damage becomes 100.0+ when charge reaches roughly 71%.
Guess I found my new main

*joins your Splatfest*

>ywn enjoy splatfest for the first time again
but yeah I agree, I hope we all still enjoy the party even a little bit and don't just storm into TW for the rewards

Well done, but why are you reporting people for not meeting your standards? Do you NEED people to be banned from the game for making you lose?

>Comedy getting BTFO

Holy shit guys, at least fucking try

No rapes, but I saw a small pink-haired woomy wearing a beret leading a couple of guys into an alley

Seemed questionable to me

Wew lad i don't even know how i missed this little shit
I dunno S1 didn't really had anything in the crowd and spyke was still in his back street so i skipped the whole part

We have an incapability to take anything seriously.

>generally pick Pearl's side because I legitimately prefer her choice or because I feel compelled to defend her honor since she gets bullied so much
>my black friend always picks Marina, probably because skin color and that she is the "sexy" waifu choice
>I'm also brown btw
The two times we were on the same Marina team, the damn octopus lost. Call her a gremlin all you want, but she usually wins.

And i keep loosing again and again and again...
FUCKING SHIT TEAMMATES, WHY?? I'M CARRYING SO FUCKING HARD, DO I REALLY NEED TO USE SOME BITCH ASS CRTUCH TO EVEN ENJOY A FUCKING GAME??? DO I NEED TO BRING OUT THE BUCKET AND FUCKING ROLLER TO CARRY SUCH SHITSTAIN COMEDY "CHAMPIONS"? GOD FUCKING DAMN I CAN'T EVEN GET THERE

I laughed

>way show your newbness

Got the game boxing day, so it's my first Splatfest. I'm honestly surprised at how much it changes the game, are these going to keep going on forever or will it stop after a while like Splat1?

>I pick Perl's side because I prefer her choice
>But my friend only ever picks Marina, probably because he is pounding off over her!

Wow you're bad at lying. Gross by the way, Pearl is like a toddler.

Anyone who uses snipers in splatfest/turf war should off themselves

They may as well not play