Why is bitcoin getting pumped so hard, despite all the bad news, slow speed and stupidly high fees???

Why is bitcoin getting pumped so hard, despite all the bad news, slow speed and stupidly high fees???

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yqKl7RDPS7o
markets.businessinsider.com/news/etf/bitcoin-price-is-getting-close-to-its-all-time-high-2017-4-1001947419
coindesk.com/the-united-nations-just-launched-its-first-large-scale-ethereum-test/
twitter.com/VladZamfir/status/859070189698265088
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because its post-Segwit future looks bright.

I'd like to know this too. Tons of political infighting and scaling problems == continually rising ATH?

Signaling is nowhere near where it needs to be for segwit though

So you can buy more alternative coins and dump them for bitcoins once they rise to holy heaven and bitcoin plummets back to 1200-1300$ because its market dominance sunk below 50%, which will allow the hard fork to come into play.
It's the hard fork dip everyone will be buying. No brakes from there on

Well it seems pretty certain that BTC-Unlimited is not going to happen, leaving only one other option.

>leaving only one other option
Is it BTC?

Yes, it will always be the gold standard and segwit will happen. Everything bitcoin goes through and it comes out stronger every time fuck off with the alts.

The amount of people shorting is going to moon the price very soon, if we hit $1600 the amount of buy orders will be incredible. 17,000 just on Bitfinex.

Hold onto that rocket boys.

3 options
>Nothing gets done because the BTC community can't agree on anything
>Hard fork
>Segwit on BTC

Nothing is a shoe-in at this point

Because the news are FUD.

>slow speed
Bitcoin is about decentralization, being able to store and move wealth outside of the system, not speed. If you want speed use centralized systems.

>stupidly high fees
Moving wealth in a permissionless, decentralized way around the globe is worth the current fees and more. If you don't want to pay cents for that privilege, then use Paypal.

Bitcoin as it is now is undervalued and will continue to be so for years until it matches gold's marketcap, since bitcoin is a better gold.

Altcoins are in a bubble. They get no attention, so they get no transaction volume, so they have no problems.

Around 20:00:

youtube.com/watch?v=yqKl7RDPS7o

$3000 per BTC until the end of year

New money isn't really being put into Bitcoin per say.
Bitcoin relies heavily on alt coins.
For example. The sheer volume of ETH/BTC alone is more than 3x greater than the top fiat pairs of bitcoin combined.
So personally, it looks like Ethereum, Litecoin, and Ripple are actually the coins pumping bitcoin. Not the fiat pairs. So what does this mean? This means the same people who bought these coins are going to start rushing back into them as soon as bitcoin starts to dip.

Ethereum is both faster and cheaper.

ETH is well known scam as it is fully regulated exact opposite of bitcoin

>They get no attention

IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF USDT TETHER YOU STUPID FUCKS

No it's because of tether.
USDT is the cause of this.

But the tether price hasn't really moved much in the last week.

It is mainly the sheer amount of money coming in to crypto. It has gone parabolic with 8 billion last week alone.

>Tether converts cash into digital currency, to anchor or tether the value to the price of national currencies like the US dollar, the Euro, and the Yen.
i dont get it

>places like Poloniex use it instead of usd to (hopefully) escape legal prosecution.

No its not..

Try using your brain next time. Either that money will go to BTC or go to fiat.

ETH's a meme.

Other than speculative autists wanting to make more BTC on pumps.

The same comments you constantly post fear mongering ETH are a meme.

>February
Wasn't ETH under $20 back then? So everyone that listened to that guy's advice has lost out on significant gains.

Nice arguments.

And everyone that listened to all the Veeky Forumstards calling Bitcoin dead at $150 have lost massive gains. Your point?

Facts remain: BTC is the crypto reserve, ETH's a mess.

Rootstock is a better approach for smart contracts. Until the situation is resolved then enjoy your ETH gains, nothing wrong with speculation, just don't get it twisted: BTC is king.

>BTC is king
BTC is garbage coasting on nothing but name recognition.

Yes, it is because of Tether.

Poloniex has some of the highest crypto volume, and it uses tether. That means anyone wanting to liquidate anything has to go through BTC and transfer to somewhere that can exchange for USD instead of going through USDT.

ALSO

The Bitcoin ETF is being reconsidered by the SEC.

I REPEAT: THE BITCOIN ETF IS BEING RECONSIDERED.

>I REPEAT: THE BITCOIN ETF IS BEING RECONSIDERED.
Which one?

markets.businessinsider.com/news/etf/bitcoin-price-is-getting-close-to-its-all-time-high-2017-4-1001947419

The Winklevoss one. This came out on Business Insider April 25th.

So are you guys expecting a random panic crash any time soon?

When tether corrects back to $1, yes. Otherwise, if tether goes to 0 all of a sudden, then BTC will surge to $1700+

>tether
Does this refer to ethereum?

Also, how big of a factor is the French election?

No stupid. It refers to tether, USDT. If you don't already know all about it and how it's driving Bitcoin up, then you're fucking retarded and by now you deserve to lose all your money.

You are worse than normies.

Aware me, user.

>suposed to be 1$
>0.9$

Google it, at this point I've explained it hundreds of times.

I have no clue where all these newfags keep coming in from.

thats really depressing.

i understand basically what that picture is telling me and after hearing so much about ETH on here im kinda disappointed at the lack of knowledge about the technology behind the money.
despite reading this,
coindesk.com/the-united-nations-just-launched-its-first-large-scale-ethereum-test/

im cashing out, bought in at 20$ a coin, made a cool $600.

Mom says you have to share.

>t.bitcoin shill

The price of bitcoin has surged because of the altcoin market not tether you gay faggot.

Because bitcoin is the future

BigBoys final pump before they cash-out into a crypto with a future

there is no bad news, that crap about BU and whatever is nonsense, no real news. Bitcoin is proving itself with every passing day, its global, nothing stopping every singe person from acquiring some bitcoin other than word of mouth propogation, its exponential adoption, guna get a lot more fun

See this. This is not a neet. Learn from him.

I'm just seeing so many non-neets here. What's going on?

Yeah or bitcoin crashes and everyone jumps ship to ETH.

Seeing so many faggots here knocking ETH after is had such massive gains what's going on??

> massive gains
> success

You niggers STILL match money with success. For fuck sakes.

Isn't money an indicator of success?

ETH reached BTC's market cap last year in two months. You ain't seen nothing yet sunshine.

> trust fund baby
> success

Your viewpoint on life is rather tainted. With your logic, you're saying that Enron was a successful business and couldn't possibly fail. Even though a multitude of well established businesses were vested with them.

Actual factual information:

1) Bitcoin is King - its value, name recognition, and accessibility will ensure that its value is immortal. Every relevant country has bitcoin ATMs and I bet half of your parents have heard the name before.

2) This does not take away from other cryptos, including Ethereum, but in fact benefits them. Do not view the two as in competition - both will be worth a fortune in the future.

3) Aside from memecoins, putting money into crypto is virtually guaranteed to be rewarding if you have steady hands. Moon-talk aside, the crypto journey hasn't even begun - Veeky Forums is the modern-day equivalent of a community of hyper-geeky losers arguing about the usefulness of e-mail back in 1989. Many people here are going to be very rich after the crypto-boom. Just ensure to invest in tech&hype combinations rather than pure tech or pure hype.

It will only get easier to acquire and use cryptos, which we already know are magnitudes better than fiat currencies and red tape. Normies are becoming increasingly more interested in all things crypto. With mass adoption, you will see mass gains across the board.

BTC the father, ETH the son, and GNT the holy spirit, Amen.

> market cap
> currency

Aha. Why is it when buying an apple with ETH, it cost $3 and with BTC it cost $1. What is inflation?

>what is a false equivalence

Oh. It's you again.

Really? Not comparable? Interesting.

> t. fucked up view of reality

Inflation? No, it's because one is worth more and there are more ETH than BTC obviously.

Why do you ask such a stupid question..

But user, the market cap user, THE MARKET CAP user! THE FUCKING MARKET CAP!!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THE MARKET CAP

Your logic defies the relation of the market cap with that statement of one is worth more than the other.

Because the structurally insolvent centrally planned universal basic income/debt monetization machine that slowly replaced "markets" over the last 100 years has almost reached its terminal phase and people are getting ready to survive once the legacy social information network becomes widely understood as lacking any semblance of its original meaning.

1 BTC is worth $1419 with and 1 ETH is worth $79. BTC has a circulating supply of 16,306,912 and ETH has 91,254,034. If you don't understand I'm sorry.

>Veeky Forums is the modern-day equivalent of a community of hyper-geeky losers arguing about the usefulness of e-mail back in 1989. Many people here are going to be very rich after the crypto-boom.

Oh god please make this true.

Again user. What is inflation?

This one really makes the neurons fire.

>What is inflation?

Bitcoin at $1400.

He needs some milk.

My thoughts on Bitcoin/Crypto as a whole:

Bitcoin is only currently the “gold standard” because it was the first. It has numerous flaws that are being addressed by various altcoins which is why BTC dominance is dropping. It will probably always hold *some* value strictly for nostalgiac or sentimental purposes, but it will not be king forever.

Too many people are obsessed with bitcoins market cap look at it like some ultimate wall that no other coin can achieve or overtake. This is nonsense. Look at the market cap of the crypto market as a whole: Approx $38 billion.
Do you not understand that in the financial world this is but a SLIVER of the overall market? There are 80+ companies in the US alone that exceed the market cap of every single crypto coin in existence – bitcoin included.

The crypto world as a whole is still in its infancy. We have a long, LONG ways to go before it really starts making any waves. And I’ll say it right now: bitcoin is NOT going to be the leader when all is said and done.

And you need a pacifier.

My favourite poster on this board.
Checked, also.

Probably Chinese price manipulation.

We could just share them both.

Clueless.

Should I sell my bitcoin now and buy at the next dip? I can't help but feel like it's peaked out for now and getting ready for another fall

My least favorite poster. The only reason why bitcoin is as worth as much as it is, is because of altcoins. Jesus fuck. It's like all you cucks are scared of ETH. Kek

Eth isn't even money you tool.

twitter.com/VladZamfir/status/859070189698265088
None of you have any idea do you. You are all:
- poor
- young
- students/neets
- liberal

It is an utter scam coin which is only being pumped during the great alt-coin bubble of 2017. You are clueless. Leave this board for 30 days and do some research. Utterly clueless.

>FUD
nope
Bitcoin is slow. The mempool is around 40Mb dude. Satoshi imagined Bitcoin as a cash system, not something for big money transferts only with high fees.
BTC is not decentralized. Do I need to remind you who are the principal pool owners? The principal ASIC manufacturer? Antbleed? ASICboost?
It will be even worse in case of SegWit & L/N adoption since there will be off-chain transactions and sidechains.
BTC is doomed, it can't scale, it can't transform, it's obsolete compared to competitors.
The BTC pump is because people are loading BTC so they can buy Altcoins. BTC market cap is now under 60% of the total of cryptos.
BTCmaximalist BTFO once again

>The BTC pump is because people are loading BTC so they can buy Altcoins.
t. desperate nocoiner who doesn't understand basic price determinants.

Governments aren't going to allow crypto to blow up like that.

Governments will never band together, and so long as even one country "allows" it, it will continue to exist.
That's if it were somehow possible for countries to actually ban it in the first place.

Even the US military are using blockchain technology now. Clueless.

I'm an altcoin miner, retard

Altcoiners are nocoiners.

Yet they make money, fellow

This is a MAJOR problem. Seems Poloniex didn't like being used as a means for NEETS and pajeets to cash out their gains and instead is attempting to unload that task onto others.

This is a dangerous situation akin to Mt. Gox. Without the exchanges, the Crypto economy is worthless.

>
>Altcoiners are nocoiners.

This post sums it up

Sorry, your shitty hyped up scamcoin isn't going anywhere but down long term

Bitcoin is the only crypto

Where's that faggot I was "arguing" with during the last Bitcoin halving when price was like $500 who kept insisting Bitcoin wouldnt pass $1000 again?

How does $1500 taste you dumb faggot?

I hope youre bag holding scamcoins like eth so you get fucked in the upcoming massive dump/hack/bug with vitalik begging exchanges to halt eth sells to prevent massive dumps once again

What's bitcoin wallet does Veeky Forums consider the best?

Gonna fuck around and see if I can make a few autism bucks tonight.

>bagholding scamcoins like eth
>up 1000% in 3 months

I'm fully invest in BTC but most of my fellow BTC cucks are maximalists. Everything not BTC is a scam and especially ETH. Motherfuckers get so damn defensive about ETH lol. I'm about to drop 5 BTC of my stack on ETH on the next dip. Half as a fuck you and half because ETH will only continue to climb over time. They can both coexist beautifully.

same. For long term holding Im putting 50% into bitcoin, 40% into ETH, and 10% i will actively trade for hekktik gains with the other memecoins. I think that Bitcoin will dip soon because it's approaching the upper section of its long term channel so Ill probably be selling some soon to lock in profits. But ill be rebuying on the dip.

I think with time ETH will surpass bitcoin. Bitcoin moon rocket has long since launched and its only propped up by name recognition now

I was like this, but pulled my finger out and shifted some around in time for all these launches. BTC is one of my bigger bags but I'm going to stick to these settings and see what happens.

better buy now. this is as low as its gonna get

>scam
Guess oil's a scam too.
>what is a commodity
>money can be exchanged for goods and services
Even Homer Simpson is smarter than you.

This Is Truth.

I have seen it when I stare into the pools of time.

The future calls to me,

It says, "Take heed. Do not dawdle. This is the moment your life has been leading to. Do not let yourself be turned astray."