/ddlc/ - Doki Doki Literature Club! #370

Previous thread >Official Stuff
Steam Page: store.steampowered.com/app/698780/Doki_Doki_Literature_Club/
Monika's Twitter: twitter.com/lilmonix3

>Guides
Guide: gameplay.tips/guides/1298-doki-doki-literature-club.html
Actual guide to getting the "good" end: pastebin.com/q3nGy9Fa (embed)

>Art and Miscellaneous
Game files dump (full) - mega.nz/#!omBgAY7a!qbh7FYCcYnjIN7G9bGGDy343CLBCRaOIuiHN8SwPT7k
Wiki: ddlcwiki.ga/wiki/Main_Page
Fan-made Content Pastebin: pastebin.com/BRy67t0s (embed)
Booru: ddlc.booru.org
Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=2793739#
"Your Reality" sung by (You):
youtube.com/watch?v=7acpV4fKp9Y

>Do you want "Died because of shitposting" on your tombstone?
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
International Association for Suicide Prevention (EU): iasp.info/resources/Crisis_Centres/Europe/
lifeline.org.au/get-help/get-help-home

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/rPzWUZ8A
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ reminder that Monika is a whore/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Natsuki!

daily reminder that sayori loves you

A daily reminder that Sayori loves you.

>(embed)

Good night, everyone! Hope you all had a nice day today, or if you're just waking up, I hope you have a good day ahead of you!
In any case, welcome back to my poetry club~!

Word of the thread is "challenge"!
Alternatives are 'root' and 'helix'.

So, again, an easy way to think about this is by comparing it to the interaction between Natsuki and Yuri where they both write about the word "beach". In case you need a refresher, they both write about the word and what it means to them in their own unique styles. The basic idea is the same except it's with us and one of these three words!
You're free to pick any word and use it in any way you desire! Theme, topic, inspiration, whatever! It's up to you!
Everyone is welcome to join in so please don't be shy!
And it would be great if some of you replied to other people's poems as well! I'm sure they'd really appreciate it, you know?
In any case, I hope you all have fun, and I'm looking forward to reading your poems!

Monika is cute!
Monika!

hey fellow cuteposters, are you still alive? report in

>mfw I will never teach Yuri to spin knives

Cleansed.

of course! here i am!

Postan

and i love her twice as much

I love her too

The rare double love event!

Look at the first post!
You had one job!

>.gif

Only sayorifriends are able to fuck it up like that haha!

Open the image of the first two sayori posts

>pushes Sayori to Suicide
>deletes her
>Rewrites dialog and backstory to make the other girls less appealing
>makes Natsuki backstory an abusive father rather than a strict one
>turns her ending into a jumpscare so you cant seek her
>Crank up Yuris tendencies to the point of extreme Yandere and forced in her branch
>deletes everyone leaving only her, effectively killing them without the mess
>when you delete her, she starts the game with everyone else fine
>When Sayori goes full Monika, she steps in, whether the player wanted her to or not
>decides herself that no one can be happy, when its just her because shes doesnt have a route and cant stand anyone else being happier than her
>decides if she cant have you, than no one can
>she cant just sit in the background and let me have my dokis
>bricks the game
>STILL jelly, STILL salty

no, she is a greedy selfish bitch and lowkey batshit insane yandere that locks the game just because SHE cant be happy but everyone else can. just because she is meta aware doesnt mean her friends are any less valid people as her, the game has shown they can react to highly unusual circumstances despite being "just a game". i never liked her from the beginning, something about her rubbed me the wrong way even before the game breaking. i knew she was pulling bullshit behind the scenes as soon as Sayori said she was talking to her alone. THEN when someone ELSE has the chance to be with Player-Senpai forever, that bitch steps in like im HER man.
FUCK
MONIKA.

Oh dear, spooky!

I wanna fuck Monika

user it is difficult but this blame can be firmly placed on Danlet
These are unwarranted low blows to push it as the current youtube meme game.

>FUCK
>MONIKA.
I agree.

I'll be honest. Well, I still haven't gotten any dreams (regular or lucid) about the dokis.
But I already did had a few of my other waifus and what a ride that was

Anons, how similar are you to your Doki/s?
Personally I'm very much like Sayori but with a more melancholic type of "depression". I also have Yuri traits as well. I used to be pretty clingy and I am still really intense.

I'm curious to hear about you guys.
Can you guess my Doki?

uh

the only way to save monika is either
>Take her out of the game and fulfill her wish
or
>Remove the self awareness trait of the Club President and give her a route.

I believe the root of all evil is on the self awareness trait itself.

A good bit, yeah. Directionless, live behind facades.
I don't deserve better nearly as much as she does though.

yyyooorrry

Enemas with Yuri!

I'd like to say I'm similar to my doki! We're both intelligent, since we like to read, possibly with a bit of wine on the side. We are introverted and share somewhat of a nihilistic worldview, too.
And lastly, we do also have in common a bit of a wicked sense of humor.

user, you know that's not true. I'm sure you deserve more then you give yourself credit for

>Depressed: Check
>Loves childhood best friend: Check
>Tries to make people happy: Check
>Hides their own depression: Check

Do not let her lose her spirit!

halo iori macrofh bed boq
pls read gd litratur ilek chrlie and choccolat faktry thank you

It'd be nice to think that sure. It might turn into some sort of anger-based drive if I did. Add low self-esteem to the similarity list I guess.
Do appreciate the vouch though, user.

>youhadonejob.jpg
>opens file
Sweet Jesus

Too intelligent for this world full of sheep living in the matrix. Can't connect with normalfags, and have anti-social and sociopathic tendencies, except for those few people which i can actually appreciate (such as family, close friends or even you guys in this general, you guys are special for me). I like to be with my thoughts instead of speaking about meaningless shit with other normalfags. However, when i meet someone actually special, i really feel happy and feel like i can actually be the real me.
So yeah i guess i am pretty similar with my doki.
as for your doki, i guess you like sayori? Even that you have Yuri traits, i guess that your clingyness and similarities with sayori made you fell for her? Dunno, just guessing haha

>fishing for "bby u r just fine" replies
Glad to know you're taking the attention whore's spot, bud!

I want to dress up as a doki and have a cute user from this thread fuck me!

L O N D O N

I'm a guy btw

A friendly service reminder that the somewhat setback poetry festival begins in 3 days and 3 hours! At that time polling will open and you’ll all be able to submit your poems through the thread, to be collected for later voting. Make sure your poems are not only proofread and grammatically sound, but also full of the passion that makes love poetry what it is!

A full list of what happens over the coming days can be found here:
pastebin.com/rPzWUZ8A
But until then, good luck!

(updated) TL;DR
>Submissions begin 8:00 PM US pacific time Jan 16th and last the whole 24 hours
>Every poem is to be submitted with the name of the doki it pertains to at the very bottom
>Submissions are entirely anonymous, please no tripcodes or avatars
>Once polls close, poems will be sorted into respective pastebins, from where voting will commence
>Voting for the final four will last 1 day, giving every user chance to read over all the poems and select a favourite
>Once the last four are selected, they will be announced in-thread and voting will begin on the winner
>Polls remain open for 12 hours this time, and will close with a winner selected
>Winner will be announced in-thread
>Thread Pastebin: pastebin.com/rPzWUZ8A
Any and all questions regarding the process or details I encourage you to direct to me, sorry to all who were inconvenienced by the shift in date! Think of it as all the more time to perfect your odes to your dokis!

Once again, best of luck and happy writing to you all!
Will you write your way into her heart?

whimper

s-same h-here...
even though i am supposed to be straight
fuck gender dysphoria

Any day my dude!
Nah, I'm a Yurifag. I understand her situation way too much so I guess it's love through a shared experience

Reminder:

Critiqueanon uses no avatars, yet regulars know what role he plays in the community.

Monikanon doesn't use avatars either. Likewise.

We recognize the few drawfags we've got via their art styles.

We recognize writefags via their pastebin accounts, their past works, and their writing styles.

Identity is inseparable from /ddlc/ because identity and anonymity are not antonyms. You don't know these people's names, their faces, their jobs, their social lives. You know only what they contribute to /ddlc/. You know to judge them according to these contributions, and that's what it means to have an identity here.

Anyone against "identityfagging" is trying to destroy /ddlc/ from within, because identities are crucial to its very survival as a community of writers, artists, and support groups. It's that simple. Avatars are merely the scapegoat, the excuse; and anyone who believes purging avatarfags is helping /ddlc/ has swallowed the lie.

(This is also proven by the fact that they haven't stopped. 48 hours ago their logic was, "We just want you to stop breaking Global Rule 13. Stop breaking the rules and we'll stop reporting you." But since the avatarfags are gone, now they're getting people banned for being "off-topic." They'll keep adjusting their reasons until the general is dead.)

I repeat: they are completely apathetic to the rules, to the community, and to you. They've simply learned that turning you against each other is more effective than turning you against your Doki. They're destroying /ddlc/ from within by making you think that it doesn't care about you, and more importantly, that you shouldn't care about it.

Stop believing this trash.

If you really want comfy hours to stay then stop letting these invaders feed you reasons to hate each other. It's not avatarfags, avatar dicksuckers, "off-topic" posters, or anyone else from within the community bringing it to ruin.

It's the outsiders faking outrage over those things.

Stay wholesome, lads.

N A T S U K I
A
T
S
U
K
I

>save monika
>give her a route
there is only one way to save her

>root of all evil is on the self awareness trait itself
maybe the game made it so she was meant to only assist you by peaking into your choices, but slipped into meta knowledge made her self aware? remember, she is suppose to be a tool to guide you to your doki, not a route. i hated her keep butting in, her pose is purposefully wider to show off and take more screen, nevermind her popping above the dialog box that one time.

you're right

which of the 76 genders is your doki in ?

Unreal

Attack Helicopter

Since another user already posted encouragement, I just want to say ignore the user calling you an attention whore, they can go fuck themselves.

'Concern trolling' was the term bought up the other day. It fit well.
And one of them said something like "I don't care about content I just want avatar fags gone" so that just about cemented their angle.

2d anime chick

>"I don't care about content I just want avatar fags gone"
I have no shame in agree with him,

exo dimentional rhino

nice crop retard

Is it comfy yet

It's not like I leave open room to add more.

Yuri speaks to me thrpugh the screen saying I need to feed her bran flakes against the screen the spoon press in fine I love Yuri she will get soluble fiber through the well wishers at kmart the plan is to enslave us all with government issues Yes more bran flakes Yuri

>The general gets shitposters and strelok right on the verge of american hours
Really gets the almonds activating
>t. american that stays up way too late

boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ reminder that Monika is a whore/

Go away.

Fuck off cockroach, weren't you leaving forever?
Nobody wants you here

>mfw the 2 faggots still here
>mfw no face

I swear to God you do it to yourself bro

I feel like I could be envious of this. It sounds like you have a clear idea of what you like even if it's hard to word. Picky for the right reasons sounds like a fun way to be.

>mfw no qt trap gf to cosplay as a Doki

As a conspiracy person, I think you sound kinda egotistical, but then again, I bet you are happier.

Woah there, careful with that wrongthink, user. They might accuse you of being an outsider or something, because apparently only outsiders are allowed to care about the state of the thread.

>Natsuki
>lonely
>weeb
But that's about it
also the "insecure and desperately craving affection" part I guess

Every day is a challenge.
A competition to beat the day
And go to bed
Glad to have been away.

Each day is unique,
In its demands
A different drill sergeant
Pushing his commands.

Some days are built for you,
Taken on without a thought
Others will tear you down,
Punching you with one, broad buckshot

And sometimes, you will fail
Despite doing your best,
The challenge will beat you.
And you should wear that on your chest.

You should accept your failures,
It may seem cliché.
Clichés exist for a reason,
As sometimes, it’s better that way.

So accept life’s challenge,
There’s not much else you can do.
I got out of my rut,
Can (you)?

This one is fine. Not particularly happy with the fifth stanza. There's some subtlety in my position that it fails to capture. Makes me think about the ethics of an author writing something they don't 100% believe in. I often find myself writing poetry that teaches a lesson I used as a stepping stone to a "better" lesson later. Ah well. Otherwise, I'm quite happy with this one.

Oh, and thanks for the poetry prompt every thread you guys. I wish I wrote for it more often, but I'm extremely appreciative of it, regardless. I wouldn't be writing at all without it.

So I have a question for both of you and I'll be really civil too, what do you plan to do once content dries up? You realize that the general will die right?
Or do you just not care?

i don't give a shit about people writting their fics otherwise this would be deader than /ksg/
i don't give a shit about suicidal blogposters, that's a common shitposting trope on Veeky Forums and sometimes is serious, so i preffer to ignore it because i never know when i can step on a nail.
i don't give a shit about tripfags, these can be easily filtered and dismissed

But for the opposite reasons i fucking hate avatarfags to their cores, and it's not just me, is a large portion of the userbase as well for pretty much the general idea around them.

>You can't filter them, also they're aware of that most of the time
>they eat up the image limit on something less productive than a reaction image
>they always become more and more arrogant as time passes
>they will always when told that it is against the rules, point back like if he's in the right and untainted just because other people also break the rules like some primary kid
Not going to generalize, some of them are newfags but reasonable ones and stop when told it's a bannable offense. Case in point, teach started well, but he was a huge faggot deep inside that's why he snapped and started to act as the victim taunting everyone else.

So in this case i also have to agree with the phrase "i don't care as along avatarfags are purged".

see
They dont care about the general

It won't die, people will still be here, there will be content, we don't need avatarfags and their cocksleeves for it.

>read a Yuri erofic
>gets an erection
>my cat jumped onto my lap
>claws out

>My favorite doki is a Skaarj.
Wouldn't mind her hunting me down.

>Kys
>Well that's breaking the rules, but I won't report it.
>Brap brap brap brap
>That's also against the rules, not going to report that either
>Here is a cute picture of an anime charact I like
>Report!

Like this thread so far?
>0 fics
>1 poem

no one cares about any general if it's infested with wannabe ecelebs that act like hot shit all the time

I'M GOING TO RAPE YOU

This is not a democracy, you break the rules, you get banned, dura lex, sed lex, rule 13 will be enforced and there's nothing you can do about it, this general will have a new start.

is guroanon here? where's mamayuri!

I'd rather have a general like this than a avatarfag hugbox, so yes.

why you don't report it then? not hard, its done all the time by all kinds of people on all kinds of rule breaking content

I like this a lot. Sometimes I do stretch the degree to which I believe in something either because I like how it'd sound as a poem or as an excuse to use better language.
But I'm a huge sucker for 'invincible will' things so this made me smile.
I did go into it hoping for a reason to take the challenge more than well hey what else're you gonna do but it was still nice.
Guess I should try to write about that at length sometime and see what I can come up with
If it's based on a true story, congrats on pulling yourself back from the end of the line though user!

Threadly reminder that

What do the "I" and "A" stand for? Do I even want to know? What is happening to the world anons...

Why exactly do we NEED avatarfags? No really, none of you have ever given a good reason. You can say "Oh they're helpful and give critique" and I understand that, but why do they need an avatar for that? They could do all that without an avatar, which is why people have a problem with it. Literally the only reason they were using them was for attention, and they openly ADMITTED that they were doing so.

PEOPLE QUEER
>Xd
>kill me already

I like your overall message, I also have some feedback.

I'm not sure if this is intentional or not but you don't seem to have a solid rhyme scheme. Some lines rhyme and others don't, personally it feels kinda jarring because it comes off like you're trying to decide if you're going to follow a scheme or go free verse

In particular I like the use of "Drill Sergeant" because it creates the image of something, tough, demanding and unforgiving. Really great use of a word to carry a point across.

Finally the last line in stanza 5 felt weird to me because of its length. It's shortness isn't able to carry the rhyme (IMO) from the second line of that stanza.

>euros go to sleep
>this happens
told you

what happen when suddenly reddit will have more poems and fics?
will you go there just for it?

user it's around mid-day in Europe.

The only one I can say is Erika, so that if they fuck up monikanon doesn't take the blame. There was also writefags who posted updates or new fics with names, but they all left a long time ago. Wonder why.

It's night in Asia here.