/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Soy boys edition

Ran out of testosterone: >New players read this then finish the game without spoilers: i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>NEWS:
-Dec 7/2017: Shadows Die Twice teaser - youtube.com/watch?v=OAYhXKC0LJ8
-Dec 26-29: Unused bosses & test areas are now safe chalices that anyone can use - i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png
-Jan 11/2018: Dark Souls 1 Remaster announced for PC, XBONE, PS4 and Switch, releasing May 25

>Helpful links:
-/bbg/ Resource Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
-Wiki: bloodborne-wiki.com/
-Build planner: mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
-AR calculations: pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>Chalices:
-How to unlock FRCs for spelunks, fight clubs & gem farming: i.imgur.com/0AwN4Lo.jpg
-Gem farming chalices: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/uncanny weapons, runes, and gems: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-Edited chalices: i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png (Unused bosses, test areas, early runes/weapons)

>PVE - Spelunking:
-Spelunks happen, join em, host em
-Set the chalice to Open and region to Worldwide
-Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/WJXCN0Y.png
-Pthumeru: n6rc9jh8
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.png

>FAQ:
Q: Where do I get/put the best gems? A: bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
Q: How do I setup arcane builds? A: i.imgur.com/73dnuUm.jpg
Q: How to access the DLC? A: i.imgur.com/XaRuxgF.png
Q: Did I miss a quest? A: i.imgur.com/Uzg8XI6.png
Q: Is this game active for coop and pvp? A: Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

a.uguu.se/xRMizydbmHT4.7z
youtube.com/watch?v=Oa31T4KFuus&t=627s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

PURGE FILTH

wish you could fuck the snail women to be honest

Got some more gems for you from my first couple failed characters.
a.uguu.se/xRMizydbmHT4.7z

Remember to teleport behind hunters and unzip their balls off in order to gather blood dregs for our beloved Queen.

Elder is such an ass sometimes. Some rounds I bait his crossbow for a full 4-5 secs where he just shuffles slowly toward me. Then as soon as I use BSE or blood bullet he whips it out.

It's not exactly dangerous, but what an asshole.

It could impy 2 things:
Excuse my upcoming shitty writing.

1. We know Mensis prefers to collect highgrade stash from other people and institutions, rather than crafting them for themselves.
They especially like the stuff originating from the Choir.

This is evident on how every Mensis Scholar we meet, uses Tools which's discovery is credited to the Choir. (A Call Byond, Augur of Ebrietas, the 'Choir' Bell in that one chest in Mensis, and the Black-Sky Eye (which is likely the item, that lead to the creation of the Choir), used by Damian.)
Also considering how Mensis originated as a branch of the Choir.

They likely don't, use the tools out of just out practicality, but likely out of some spite and jealousy too.

Since the Choir seems like the Healings Church's favourite child. Considering that, their badge unlocks nearly all of the rare or highly illegal substances in Yahrnam, for purchase in the shops.

Their hatred and rivalry with the Choir is evident in the:
>Tools they stolen.
>The corpse belonging to a member of Choir, where we find the Upper Cathedral Key in Yarhar'gul.
>And Mensis Scholar, Damian offering his summon sign for Rom and Ebrietas (who are both being studied by the few remaining members of the Choir, ultimately sabotaging their research)

Either way, they could have just collected one of Iosefka's Special Vials, and kept it safe in a chest for the sake of replicating it for themselves, or perhaps improve on it, using the In-humane methods of research that they're known for.

Cont.

2. It could also imply the real Iosefka used to be a scholar of Menis, but quit as she couldn't stand for their in-humane methods of research.
As she is one of the few 3 people we meet in the game, that aren't secretly horrible people. (The other two being the Young, Yhanam Girl and the Chapel Dveller)

How Upper Cathedral Ward is currently un-inhabitable, due to the many strong, blue-eyed Werevolves infesting the Orphanage.
And how Iosefka's Clinic is one of the few remaining institutions that the Yharnamites still trust, having many potential test subejects already present, and easy access to more of them, due to how centralized the building is.
Making it a perfect location for experimentations.

The theory of Iosefka having been a scholar of Mensis, could be also be used to give Fauxefka one more reason to kill her.

Is the Tiny Tonitrus the cutest item?

youtube.com/watch?v=Oa31T4KFuus&t=627s

She should have been the last boss of the entire Bloodborne game. This is one of my all time favorite fights I've ever had in any video game to date. God damn this game is fucking amazing.

So does arcane not actually scale with weapons, just the elemental effects they inflict?

I love Yharnam's architecture, Victorian Era buildings are the best thing ever.

*neighing noises*

Can anyone help with Pthumerian Descrndantin in dungeon?
PW: bbg

yeah, I would've prefered a fight of the same quality as Orphan, maria or ludwig to be the last in the game. instead we got parry-bait gerhman and "4chords" MP

*Descendant

Great Pthumeru Ihyll Labyrinth Layer One by the lamp?

Beautiful stuff.
They've ben added to the chart.

Yeah, retrying.

I feel like the Dark Souls Remaster announcement in the OP doesn't belong, considering this is Bloodborne General and not Dark Souls General.

Will anyone help?

Is Logarius' Wheel good without charging it?

if you convert a basic phys weapon to an element, its damage will scale with the arcane. For instance, a +10 Threaded Cane converted to fire will scale with B in arcane.

The elemental damage of split weapons scales with arcane but it's usually negligible. +10 Blade of Mercy has a B scaling in Arcane, but testing has shown that every point put into skill will give it way more damage than a point put into arc. This is because the elemental damage is small and scaling is a percent modifier.

The tricked Tonitrus and tricked Wheel are special in that they have massive bolt/arc damage boosts that scale off of the arcane stat.

It's From Soft news, just like the shadows teaser. I think it's ok in there, especially considering most From fans are going to check it out when it releases.

booting up

Thanks for the help.

ok, done. i heard layer 2’s boss is very hard so gonna need help again

The damage on it is perfectly acceptable without revving it. That said, you get some crazy numbers if you do, so make use of it if you think you can afford to/get away with it. Being able to rally some of the health drain really helps dampen it as well.

not him, but whenever I cuck someone I do the wait emote and the host always goes ahead

I just sit down

that's a nice idea, I'll try that next time

How much higher does it get? Should I only go for 0 or max revs, or should I be aiming for something in between?

i since learned that it was not hibiki,
the wait emote was used, I just didn't connect

Each rev gives you (0.1% hp drain/ 20% arc damage)* number of revs up to 4. One rev only drains 0.1% per second, so in a cursed dungeon it deals less than 1hp per second and thus is free damage buff.

The max bonus is at four, and they grant a 10%, then 20%, then 40%, then 60% bonus, all adding .1% max health drained per second. If you want to play it safe, revving once or twice still nets you a noticeable damage increase while not eating away at too much of your health, but the third and fourth spins get you the really big bonuses for the appropriately higher risks.
In the end, it all boils down to how confident you are in your ability to not get hit.

So revving it 4 times is almost twice as much damage then. Guess I'll start revving my engine in that case

Bloodletting Beast was very easy compared to Descendant.

Dropped BB a not long after launch, returning to it with a fresh play through. Little disappointed respeccing isn't in game, cause variety is what got me hooked in the souls game.
Is there a general build/ infusions/ setups that let me use the largest variety of weapons, without being full gimped?

Anyone fancy helping me with Ludwig? Pass will be bbg

Ringing at fog.

heading over

Military Veteran 50/25 Str/Skl has the most variety due to Heavy Abyssal gems making Skill weapons usable. Cruel Fate 25/50 Str/Arc has the second most weapon variety due to conversion and Cold Abyssal gems, also has Hunter Tools and unique weapons.

>bad souls games have respec
>good souls games don't
Makes you think

> claims opinions as facts
Here's your (You)

Got caught under his godamn legs! I knew I was doomed.
Ringing again.

Thanks famalam.

It's true, dark souls 2 and 3 are both the worst entires in the Souls series.

Thanks!

Thinking of doing a Butcher build. Strength-based, focusing on Boom Hammer and Whirligig Saw. What challenges do I face?

None, really.

None, unless getting Blunts for your Boom Hammer counts

Only challenge is getting bored of the moveset of Whirligig pretty quickly. Boom is instantly boring.

Man! You showed up with the right thing, at the right time!
I was about to make a hit-list for bosses since I'm about to lose internet pretty soon. (So we can figure out why it suddenly turned into McDonalds, Wi-Fi tier-terrible)

I hope you're running LEDE on your wifi router.

Glad I could help.

Anyone wanna help with Living Failures, then Maria?
Pass is bbg

Ringing at fog.

also ringing

I have no fucking idea what just happened...
Ringing again

Joining in wanting so coop action

Best girl

assuming we have
anon1
me
anon2
and hibiki then thats 4 people ringing.
I just got BTFO by a white orb. Ringing if you are

Wrong

Well I get one shot by the comet right after to died... I'll give it one more go.

Hmmm...

What is the ideal stat build for a wheel/HMLS build?

50/25/25 for HMS
30/30 flat arc for wheel

25/50 str/arc

I only see one girl.

still ringing for failures or moved onto maria?

Another user here, also what gem for wheel? if you went it 50str 50arc and 25dex? Is it still gonna be nourishing?

Still ringing at Living Failures fog if anyone else wants in

I'm still ringing.

Why can't we romance the twin?
Anon1 here still ringing

Yes, Wheel doesn't have Skill scaling

you'll want 50arc 25str and 40+vit with some 14end. nourishing gems for wheel, +65 arc scaling can help though,

Ringing at Maria now.
This Bloodletter better be worth it!

another question , is the HA in wheel w/ 2 nourishing also good? Has these been tested?
I never did try the +65 arc might try it out as well?
Still ringing now @maria

ringing, getting nothing

She dead.

You most likely will want full Nourishings since adding a Cold or Heavy will end up having less total AR than 3 Nourishings. A Cold Abyssal over a 19.5% Nourishing will give it 22 less AR

Thanks again!

lemme know if you wanna co-op orphan, been co-oping him for randos all morning

Bolt kirkhammer, yay/nay?

For the wheel 25/50 Str/Arc or vice-versa depending on which moveset you lile better.
For HMLS throw it in the trash and save yourself the time of grinding top tier gems for top tier mediocrity.

You tell me user

Brb, getting a lost one.

Also, I just checked my first character and found some interesting gems, will dump the pics in a moment.

>charged r2 does more than 2k
NAH WHAT HOW I'VE NEVER SEEN THIS BEORE
BOLT KIRK IS BROOOOOOOOOOOKENNNNNN
I DODGEDDDD
IM PRESSING BUTTONSSSSSSS

Are Arcane items worth it? Wondering if I should skill my bloodtinge or arcane up to 25.

15 arcane is enough for the hunter's bone, which is useful as a utility, other items need 50+ arcane to be good

Relax my dude, of course that's the absolute best case scenario.

>HMLS is bad meme

Can we go back to making fun of Turd Cutter?

Don't level Bloodtinge if you're not doing Blt unless it's a small investment to meet requirements like 10 for Reiter. 15/18/20 Arc is fine for utility stuff, 10 and 14 on a Str build let's you use Wheel and Holy Moonlight.

>Meme
Oh sweetie...

wheel is better with more arc, hms is better with more str

you'll have to go 50/50 if you want to use both effectively

>augur can parry when you're 2 handing
>beast roar is great for zoning and bullying
>phantasm doesn't scale with arcane
why do people meme on tools so much? try em, they're amazing

>making fun of weapons you lose to

Ok I will level Arcane since I have 50STR and 25SKL.

Every HMS fag I've met sucks ass with it other than Felina. HMS just doesn't work for your 98 meme meta
t. le gaye morgan