/rsg/ Runescape general

Helwyr edition

previous dead (????):

Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. Requirements: 1500 total, Membership, at least one week active play)

>I've been inactive since the First Age, what did I miss?
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,91,65978797
>Latest Update
services.runescape.com/m=news/stalker-creatures--runescapes-birthday?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news
>2018's Year Ahead Video
youtube.com/watch?v=k-tYcYJEknQ
>2018's Year Ahead Dev Q&A
youtube.com/watch?v=olccC9ACA30

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kyy0136D1Jc
youtu.be/-JlawThRoaw?t=2192
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuckin finally, can't stand hanging around osrs general. Keep this one alive cunts.

How come everytime I go to sleep the thread dies?

You're not posting hard enough user.

I just won’t be creating any new threads
You fuckers never post anyway

soulgazer charm when

>never

Gamers, when you have a long quest to do. Do you either:

>do all easy quests > medium > hard > grandmaster
or
>go by storyline
or
>other pls respond

do all easy quests > medium > hard > grandmaster

i usually have quest cape so i only ever have to do one

If I own a SoS do I have any reason to keep the nox staff around?
Do people slay with T92? Genuinely don't know.

lunging switch

Is Vic supposed to return soon? I swore I heard he'd be back in game soon.

Apparently tomorrow or the following monday.

Since I'm not maxxed like apparently everyone else here is, I just go by what I just happen to unlock as I train. Some quest I go out of my way to become eligible for, of course (Temple at Set for example), because the reward is so good you can't pass it up.

I'm going for RotM now, got 20 quests to do + some extras required for qp requirement. Just wondering if you had a bunch easier to do easiest to hardest or something else?

Again, my levels pale in comparison to most here, so I have almost all nov. and int. quests done (saving some 6th age ones because muh story/lore continuity), a lot of the experienced, a little less than half the master, and I literally can't even start a single grandmaster.

Personally, I did them in order of how fast they can be completed. I'd rather do Nomad's Requim and deal with a complex boss than do a simple but long as fuck one like One Small Favor.

post your IGNORE list

(You)

Post (You)r scavenging perk bounties

Is gold premier worth it?
I'm considering the silver one but the premier vault seems pretty cool

If you plan on playing for a year and if you want to use the vault, then yes.

If you were planning on playing for a year anyway, yes. Otherwise stick with how much you'll play. The "extra" Gold stuff isn't worth being bought over.
>loyalty points aren't worth shit
>chat/forum badges are worthless
>no one uses the armor, probably because of how common it is (so having it won't impress anyone)
>almost all past rewards from tokens suck (just my opinion)
And those are just the benefits I remember off the top of my head. The vault might be decent but unless you're high leveled all around you aren't going to bring in 100's of K experience like some people can.

I'm maxed and the most I got from a vault was 80k bxp, so it's not even that good
and the springs/feathers are the untradable variants, so not even gp

I got my figure from watching Maikeru RS's video on where he got 310K exp. I've never actually been myself.

care to share the video? do I just google his name and find his youtube channel or something?
I don't know what the "meta" is to get the best rewards, so it's probably that

Here you go.

youtube.com/watch?v=kyy0136D1Jc

hmm that's interesting, he seems to be getting multiple medium stars from large chests
I only get one star based on the size of the chest I open
so maybe they changed it after the first month, because I didn't have it back in november

That'd be pretty shitty on Jagex's part if that's the case, because the Nov. vault was basically an ad for premiere club.

this is all speculation since I came back to playing mid-december
but think about it
since the november vault was available for everyone, they would make the rewards good, so more people would buy premier back then
and then they nerf it after people already bought it
makes sense to me

maybe you read it in the news, because it's in the news
better save up that bonus xp goyim

>filter done
>filter ones i cant do
>alphabetical order

Haven't played in 12 years. Is smithing good yet?

no

smithing rework soon™ brother

Assuming you haven't actually played for 12 years, you've probably heard of the smithing rework.

No, it hasn't happened yet, and it will likely be garbage judging by Jagex's current track record

Fuck, guess I'm stuck playing Wurm for my blacksmithing fix, then.

gratz on 99 Bonus XP

tfw will never save enough for 120 Bonus XP

not with that mindset

>he still doesn't have 200m bxp

>not having 4.2b bxp

uqestion
is there a cap for bxp?
like, if jagex claims xp stops at 200m because of integer limitations, we would assume this is the same for bxp?

Win the lottery, spend $100,000 on TH keys, and report back

k brb

Me no like 4tea egg cus me revo no do it

you actually can do it with revo now

>pvm fags on suicide watch

you forgot
>waaaaah its a bug

I just want them to add a way to do it with melee/ranged as well
magic is too op as it is now, new crossbows from solak will be worthless, specially if they end up making the boss fight harder than aod like they want
nobody will kill solak for the crossbows if they're 500m if the wand is 1.2b

Are there any bosses where its genuinely useful to use the t92 khopesh weapons?

no

EoC rework when?

no need to rework
the point of EoC was making all 3 styles balanced
when a boss is released with no specific weakness, but people only kill it with one style because of one specific mechanic that style have and the other 2 don't, that's not balanced
either you add this mechanic to the other 2 styles, or remove it from the style that has it
and I don't think removing it would be a good move, since it's a good effort/reward ratio

cry me a river

If revolution & legacy were buffed so that the 15% extra reward/ratio was made redundant would you still call for 4taa on other styles?

kalphite king maybe

what does revo/legacy have to do with this?
c4taa is better dps than manual as well
if they decide to leave it, there's no reason to make it available only to magic

The Evolution of Combat was a mistake.

EoC was 100% needed at the time
the way they handled the release was a shitshow, and the way they're handling this c4taa thing is just as bad

yes but it's not big enough of a difference from drys to justify the 200m price difference
most people I've been with still use drys

I think nothing really justifies the price difference of t92s besides e-peen stroking

it does for magic because of c4taa :^)

Bought/10?

Considering selling all my non-melee gear and melee weapons and buying a noxious scythe, then doing spider until I make my bank back

Bad idea?

time traveler probably
check stats/qps

when you want to fashionscape but you can't afford keepsake keys

It gets worse.

Approximately how many planks can you use per hour making prawnbrokers?
Just trying to figure out about how many I could maybe use on a bonus xp weekend if I play like 40 hours. Haven't done construction in years.

>tfw can't even use rs to escape suicidal ideation anymore because I'm maxed and can't find the motivation for comp trims
fuck me up

>do quests they said
>they're fun they said
>multiple quests waiting on fucking seeds to grow

yes, killing 300 of the same enemy over and over is much better

That doesn't have anything to do with it, you're literally waiting 25mins- an hour to progress in quest for literally nothing.

you're free to do whatever you want during that time
you don't need to be there by the side of the farming patch watching the thing grow

Any news about Vic the Dic?

tomorrow

do you not train farming?

~6500, that's just an estimate off my recent 99 construction (900k base/1120 base * 8 = 6400 something planks)

I got my first quest cape back in 2010 so I've never had more than 1 quest to do

Good news is at RF Pi and Ramen said they like 4ta and are going to make it an actual supported thing between range and melee as well. Most likely not exactly how it is now, I've actually talked to Pi a little bit about it, he likes the high input that is the current method but doesn't like that faggots are abusing macros to do it

(c4ta is easy as shit tho ppl just suck)

But you can do the same thing with a lance. Scythe is great, but it's not worth depending on a single style. Maybe you'll end up making your own.

they didn't say that at runefest
what was said at runefest was that they knew about it and were thinking on what to do with it

>tfw bank is a fucking mess because I cling to literally everything in case I need it for a quest or something
I don't even have that many quests yet and I doubt any of the garbage I have will be necessary or unbuyable if I need it but I can't bring myself to trash it all for some reason
heck

most quest required items are reobtainable anyway
no need keeping the shit

They are absolutely giving range and melee 4ta

Is ignoring this fact a new meme

like look at all of this shit I don't even know what most of it is but I'm scared to trash it for some reason

post source

do you not believe words on the internet?

I try not to

v1 unsupported btw

youtu.be/-JlawThRoaw?t=2192

Starting at 35:50:

Audience: So clearly you intend to do something about 4taa. Do you intend to just add a extra button for auto-attack, and leave it all in, or what are the lines you're thinking so far?
Mod Pi: The exact specifics of what we wanna do is going to be broken down, brainstorm, but we'll let you know before we do it. Like, we got this cool thing like "we call this Spell Weaving,it would be awesome.
Audience: What most people call it now is Weaving Abilities.
Mod Deg: That is definetely one of the possibilities.
Mod Pi: Weaving abilities is one of the possibles, we don't have it completely nailed down, but we'll let you know before we do it.
Audience: Any other possibilities? Any ideas in the mix? Obviously mage is incredibly overpowered compared to the other styles.
Mod Pi: Exactly, it is, we don't just wanna give mage something, that's actually the talk I really liked to have, 4taa that I talked about, because that's the elephant in the room, but I don't wanna talk directly about that, but range and melee will be getting cool stuff as well.
Mod Deg: It won't be the same thing.
Audience: Talking about 4taa, we have 4taa with every ability so you switch to a wand and an orb and then you switch back to a staff to do your auto and you change back in 4 ticks. Are you guys aware of that and are you planning on fix that as well?
Mod Pi: So our plan is at the same time....
Audience: So leave it until you do the whole update, basically?
Mod Pi: Yeah exactly, basically, we're notorious for this, we don't wanna take away your toys and say we'll do it later, we wanna do it all at once.

You can clearly see that they want to make Ranged and Melee closer to what mage is with 4taa, but nowhere they said they will make 4taa available to Ranged and Melee.
Mod Deg even said the opposite.
>Mod Deg: It won't be the same thing.

>>most likely not exactly how it is

>>They are absolutely giving range and melee 4ta

>get trade while training div
>accept
>other player declines
>"sorry was trying to block you"