Alfred the Great Trailer - youtu.be/5MUdiBfXo04
totalwar.com/blog/anglo-saxon-unit-rosters
totalwar.com/blog/anglo-saxon-england
totalwar.com/blog/thrones-britannia-faq

>Warhammer 2 Info
37 Minutes Tomb Kings Gameplay - youtube.com/watch?v=O-aXyiLim2k
Tomb Kings Trailer - youtu.be/IpWqKme-g_4
totalwar.com/blog/warhammer-ii-development-update

Campaign posting and screenshot sharing encouraged!

Ramblings of madmen

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14835213/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So i havent come to /twg/ in a while, but why is everyone so mad? Are fantasyfags butthurt because more people enjoy historic stuff?
Also ROTK TW looks dope

The poll to end all polls is here.

strawpoll.me/14835213/
strawpoll.me/14835213/
strawpoll.me/14835213/

/twg/ - paranoia and McCarthyism general

Reminder to spit on spearmanii boys wherever you find them and extract their tears through smugposting nonstop and drink them and celebrate every new non-spearmanii title released by CA

Don't bring it into this thread.

how do i survive chaos as vampire cunts
my unit roster is shit

It’s mostly one fantasyposter in particular who wakes up and begins his false flag operation at the same time every day, and then people hop on the bandwagon for fun and start falseflagging more and then the entire thread is false flags and then he’s there again to tell everyone about how historyfags just keep shitposting.

The Euroboos are just upset that they didn't get a third game set in Medieval Europe.

*spearmanii intensifies*

>no bretonnian knight OP
Shit thread

>mfw historyfags forever buttblasted because they havent had a good game in 20 years
>mfw thrones of britannia

>no bretonnian knight
into the trash it goes

please stop posting this meme (The thing on the left)

reminder to report and ignore the spearmanii spammer, flaseflags, and other low quality genre war shitposts in an effort to save /twg/

But I like all three.

Use bats or vargheist to destroy hellcannons
Grind and hammer&anvil until either of you lose

This was the original spearmanii:

You don't understand their addiction with spearmanii...once you field your first unit of generic spear infantry, you just can't stop, and need to keep collecting them. They're called Allemanic, Gothic, Frankish, Roman, Ghassanid, Sassanid or Alan, but they all look exactly 100% the same. And you love it, you can't get enough of their sketchy approximate historicity, their TV-show-tier voice lines, their ability to stick it out in combat for 3 hours on end without any special abilities to change the course of the battle. Slowly, you are lost to the push and pull of the spear wall. As you admire your 50th variation of the generic spear unit, you shout SPEARMANII! and no childish fantasy garbage with its confusing variation and frighteningly varied unit dynamics will ever do again.

It's a shame it got run into the ground

China is a historic game and fantasy cucks are that desperate to get it because after warhammer 3 gets aborted they have nothing else to shitpost about to justify their wasted $60+ $200 dlc tax + $50000 figurine price

tarpit and melt to death with the mortis engine. Chaos has no answer to large monsters outside of halberds, so you just bring gg w/ gw and lots of crypt horrors to pierce their armor

>>mfw thrones of britannia
i actually want to play it, fuck china
killing christcucks as AXEMANI pagans is always fun

I’m sorry is this bizzarro-/twg/ where people actually trust strawpolls and don’t know how easy it is to exploit?
t. guy who has seen far too many people post a straw poll, flood it with their preferred response, and then use it as “proof” of something.

You can't. You have to pick a side.

I like this ability desu

Grave Guard to hold the line, great weapons if you want to brawl with them. Monsters like terrorgheists, and varghulfs to target their monsters. Vargheists and Crypthorrors to charge their infantry. You have great heavy cav yourself, and you should be drawing them through attrition territory. Also you should be able to restore your numbers very well after battles thanks to replenishment and raise dead.
All this takes sufficient money, mind you.

Gee golly historyfriends sure are original and not a cancer upon /twg/ !

Still cheaper than table top.

What is Total War General? Your holy places lie over the M2 temple that Warscape pulled down. The Fantasy places of worship lie over yours. Which is more holy?

History? Fantasy? China? Who has claim? No one has claim. All have claim!

Guys? Who is the best chinese general? I heard this guy Dong is pretty good, but so is Wong

>3ktw announced
spearmaniifags on eternal suicide watch

Why are you replying to yourself?

Nah, I really don't have to.

The funny thing is that there really were generals named Dong and Wong, as well as Ding.

>poster reposts his question in a new thread since he didn't have time to get answers before the thread died
dumb animeposter

Sons of Rome! of Carthage! My brothers... I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. There may come a day, when the courage of hisfags fail, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day! An hour of fantasyfags and Chinafags when the Age of Hisfags comes crashing down, but it is not this day!

This day we fight! By all that you hold dear, on this good Earth, I bet you STAND! MEN OF THE HISFAGS!

>didnt notice the fantasy/history bait and switch
Dumb no image poster

Yeah because they would refer to themselves as “hisfags”
You’re not even trying

Anyone else hyped as heck for Thrones of Britannia??

Cant wait to send my spearmanii to battle without dum dum heroes!

Vanquish settingfags

I really hope Tomb Kings will make his campaign more exciting. In addition to the Vampires being annoying to deal with, he's so far removed from any major faction that you end up feeling super isolated.

if people actually report shitposts maybe mods will do their jobs and save us

This is literally the first time I've seen an AI faction except super large Dwarves take Karak Eight Peaks

You realize bugmen/soyboys would be the type to be into fantasy shit more than history related things. Liberal pussies dont like history, thats why they always try to revise history with FANTASY.

Can I do it?

posting screenshots of superior fantasy titles

Honestly it seams like it could be a fun game with a focused setting like Fall of the Samurai. I'd buy it for a reasonable price and probably get a lot of enjoyment out of it. As long as the campaign mechanics fall somewhere between Attila's 'sanitation+PO+food wombo tedium combo' and Warhammer's utter simplicity.

>Three Kingdoms
>Historical

Let this thread and the last be an eternal reminder that the people who actually shit up this thread every day are the warhammer-only players who immediately false flag as fans of the entire series whenever they’re called out on it, or they’ll start posting shogun 2: babby’s first total war.
Just look at how many shitposters there are already and the thread barely started.

>superior fantasy titles

Fuck off

you're probably going to clam this is campaignposting or something

>only 4 units w/ ap capabilities
doubtful, depends on what difficulty setting you are on

>half dead hammerers
>2 crossbows
Seems likely

no
i gave up on playing greenskins they are fucking dogshit

I wouldn't say so.
Dwarf warriors always beat my boys one on one so early game I make sure to have two maxed out stacks fighting side by side.

No.

Why is Napoleon the best and most underrated tw titles?

Orc Boys are a fucking joke, but I can see it if you make good use of your cav and don't let them get demolished by missiles.

>half dead hammerers
nah. hes cheating

unique and varied lads up against horrific monstrous Orcs, valiantly defending their homes from invaders

no spearmanii here

>Just look at how many shitposters there are already and the thread barely started.
they are just carrying over from the end of last thread, the meta-discussion brought them out en masse

>bought it on sale to try it out
>force myself to ignore the dated ui to try and enjoy it
>units default to walking
>first battle in the first campaign is fighting up a forested hill
uninstalled after that, I acknowledge that it might be good but I can't handle the little things

I wish it had blood

deus vult xd

Just started a khazrak campaign. What should be my primary targets to prevent massive confederation murderblobs?
I figure I should make my way over to the Dwarves and raze their faction to prevent them from getting entrenched in their mountains. Where to from there?

Skarsnik unironically has an easier start than normal Greenskins
>cheap as fuck Skulkers
>Skarsnik buff
>Spider
>can build up by sacking Empire and Brett instead of fighting Dwarf turn 1

hey lads history is fun unlike fantasy

why does the AI fall to absolute pieces in large battles. When one or two good volleys make the difference between victory and defeat it seems laughable that my units will get so many free shots due to the AI waggling their line around halfheartedly trying to attack me.

Orc Boys aren't a joke at all, Dwarfs are just that annoying to deal with. They would shit on the basic infantry of most other factions easily.

Part 2: How to identify the settingfag

>posts excessive amount of Warhammer lore. Only plays TW: Warhammer because it's a Warhammer game not because it's a TW game.
>spends inordinate amount of time defending Rome 2 or Empire just because they liked the setting
>suggests any of the following :LOTR TW, Game of Thrones Total War, WW1 Total War, WW2 Total War, 40k Total War
>can never give any decent mechanical explanation of how any of that would actually work

If you just came into Total War because you liked one particular game or two and none of the others, then you are unfortunately not a true understander and should go

>taking fantasy this serious

Because it has the best battles, land and sea. I’ll always love Napoleon for the historical battle of Trafalgar because it was the first time I really got a historical boner. First 3 times I played the battle I got rekt because I had no idea what O was doing. So, I did the unthinkable and actually researched the real battle and researched exactly how the british ended up winning. There, I discovered the concept of “crossing the T” and a lightbulb went off in my head:
>holy shit...this might actually be the in-game solution
So I booted up the battle, crossed their T as best I could, and blasted them away. Victory.
Most satisfying battle ever, because it proved to me that this game was actually an exceptional naval battle simulator, so much so that real naval tactics are actually the key to winning.
Best total war.

But Boys do beat Marauders and Swordsmen? I'm talking about game mechanics.

>40k Total War
But this would be good. Just lower the scale from 160 man units to 40-80 man units, which is only a bit larger than tabletop scale.

At least they doesn't make half the roster obsolete like basic Saurus

Warhammer fantasy is way better than stinky poo warhammer 140k

do not respond to the shit poster(s)

Nope, even in SFO dwarf warriors are broken as shit

>shogun 2: babby’s first total war

Shogun 2 is objectively the most well designed and polished Total War in terms of the battle system

There's no need to argue about it shitposter-kun. Fantasy and 40k generally live in harmony.

dwarfs would be public enemy no1, after that I would probably go after both elf factions

/twg/ - armchair historian general

To be fair game of thrones would be pretty easy to do since everyone but a couple groups just use various colours of sword and spearmanii and they could just reuse fantasy assets for the shit that doesnt. All they'd really need to put work into is the diplomacy.

It’s simplistic as fuck and that’s why you like it

>Elder God Tier
Total War: Warhammer
>High Tier
Total War: Warhammer 2
>Mid Tier
Total War: Shogun 2
Total War: Rome
>Poop Tier
Total War: Rome 2
Total War: Attila
Total War: Medieval 2
Total War: Empire
Total War: Napoleon

Grimgor's a fucking champ though

Using an image...from a fantasy movie. Go kill yourself.

I know this is bait but people actually exist with opinions this shit

China is gonna be great

>>Elder God Tier
>Total War: Warhammer
>>High Tier
>Total War: Warhammer 2

????

Warhammer 2 is just Warhammer 1 with more content and a bunch of fixes.

What GPU are you using?

The game wants me to play plenty of boring content to unlock the good stuff

why

rome 1 is still too high

Another faggot who thinks that posting hussars, romans and crusaders makes him a historian. I like both, but to find escapism in popular media """"history""""" is exactly what attracts the subhuman /pol/ crowd.

>he actually believes this

>Dwarf Warriors
>Silver Shields

lmao modders are fucking retarded

I miss him

It's factually true