/dng/ Dueling Network General

YGO General #2686
Dead Imouto Edition

Last Thread: ● YGOPro is an automated simulator.
>YGOPro Links Beta(Windows): cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/268076961832632320/376351974310019074/ygopro_vs_links_beta.torrent
>YGOPro Links Beta(Mac): mega.nz/#!R7YWSAqR!VmHBOn1Vkg-E6cdEOsoxkW9aflanBTbq1EpS5NI9AVo
>YGOPro no Links(Linux): github.com/cromerc/ygopro
>High Quality YGOPro Images: mega.nz/#F!FjI11DhB!8yUbfIJupKLXXSznZb7Ymg
● Duelingbook is a manual simulator with no judges or databased rulings
duelingbook.com/

Useful Links:
>Current Official Rulebook: yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/SD_RuleBook_EN_V10.pdf
>Wiki with a wealth of information for the players: yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
>Hypergeometric Probability Calculator: yugioh.party/
>Yu-Gi-Oh! stock market: yugiohprices.com/

>OCG decklists:
blog.livedoor.jp/yugioh_tpr/
ocg.xpg.jp/v/deck/event.html

>TCG decklists:
yugiohtopdecks.com/decklists

>TCG/OCG news sites:
ygorganization.com/
blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/

Upcoming Sets:
●OCG: Rarity Collection (February 10th)
●OCG: Deck Build Pack: Dark Savers (February 24th)
●OCG: Structure Deck R: Curse of the Dark (March 10th)
●OCG: Starter Deck 2018 (March 24th)
●OCG: Cybernetic Horizon (April 14th)

●TCG: Wave of Light Structure Deck (January 19th)
●TCG: Extreme Force (February 2nd)
●TCG: Legendary Duelists 2 (February 23rd)
●TCG: Legendary Collections Kaiba (March 9th)
●TCG: Star Pack: VRAINS (March 30th)

*No CaC unless you can provide a 1000 word-minimum essay explaining why your card would be good for both the current OCG and TCG metas, is more creative than all the archetypes in the game, would not powercreep Card Shuffle, and has at least 5 citations in MLA format.

*Go to /dlg/ for your mobage "nostalgia"

Fuck this idiot, when's my Gagagigo Link lore?

He got sucked into a vortex and died. The end.

I want to fuck a trickstar

Best formats of all time:
1) Plant Synchro
2) Return DAD
3) Shaddoll/BA
4) Dragon Rulers/Spellbook

>the barrier looks digital
gagagigo link WHEN

whats the best way to get a bunch of classic cards? like pre 2004 cards, I dont care if they're reprints

Right after the Gagagigo fusion and the Gagagigo synchro.

google

Ebay
If you don't care about jewish tactics and really shitty shipping methods Toad and Troll is decent. Just never try selling to them, they'll screw you.

Why is Ash Blossom $85 everywhere?

staple + waifufags

How much is borreload dragon really worth?

Only has one printing which is a secret rare and is pretty much a 3 off staple in every meta deck right now.

Because its a secret rare card that every deck needs 3 of otherwise it's nit really competitive.

No, you misunderstand. Link format IS the dimensional barrier.

But borreload dragon is a one of card, only for link decks, and he's like $20. Why?

Its not a run '3 of in every deck'
I'm sure one could argue you could get away with only one Borrel.
So there's less demand.

He's $30 and you only really need one or two of him for certain meta deck and not every competitive deck needs him. Unlike Ash who's mandatory at 3 for pretty much anyone trying to play competitively right now.

I see there's a new Counter Trap Structure deck coming out.

I haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh since right before Pendulums came out. If I buy 3 of the New structure, could I play competitively?

kek. they were subtly insulting nostalgliafags

They're not in the meta in the OCG. So chances are, no. It'll probably be a decent deck, but you probably won't fair well in something like regionals with it.

No

>zefra troymare with subterror tech can get you Divine Strike, Trigate Wiz and the new Co-link solemn trap all live with Griffin to stop monster effects

:Thinking:

You can cut a man with those sharp cardboard edges.

around what episode will i start hating this show. I unironially like Yusaku's character.

The recap ones

filtered

neo retrain when???

>slow pacing
>4 recaps in 38 episodes
>lacks character interactions
>no fun fillers
I still like Vrains but it could be better

I want more Go episodes if it's gonna be filler, I feel like they can probably rival Chazz filler episodes.

Xth for Blaster ;)

fag

Give me better filler that isn't with autism: the protag and autism: the sidechick.

Already happened.

with shit like summon sorceress and fiber out you can basically literally make a goodstuff links deck, throw in a bunch of troymares, and call it a troymare deck.

GLORY TO THE LINK ERA

what the fuck is this shit

ordered spellbook engine for my DM deck

>not cutting all the spells/traps so you can play light of sekka
pathetic.

t. gongenzaka

Are there any more clever/badass names the TCG has over the OCG? Toadally Awesome is given so it don't count

good luck user

thank you sweatypie

I still need most of the extra deck (even if it isn't that important)

What deck would he use?

>Toadally Awesome
>clever
>badass

why are you not running soul charge?

symphonic warriors

and there's nothing you can do to convince me otherwise

so ive been told by people at my locals that i cant summon dark illusion off counter traps, i cant find a ruling for this anywhere though

Powercreeped Summoned Skull

they're wrong

Okay Tewart.
They're idiots.

Would miss timing if it was a "when" effect I think.
But it isn't so I'm pretty sure they're full of shit.

It's a retrain for Neo.

Try to keep up with the rest of the class.

They're fucking stupid. It doesn't chain.

post dick

i want that sword in me no homo

>lefty and righty drivers
tell me your secrets

I've been picking goodstuff shit for the past couple months and now have a full tin worth of shit that is useless until summon sorceress and needlefiber get released.

it feels me with great anxiety.

>lefty and righty drivers
They're literally enginebait: the cards.

normal summon into needlefiber then repeat next turn, is that it?

>Tfw I got DQ'ed for arguing that Opabinia isn't affected by monster effects when some fuckwad activated Castel to try and remove it.
>Said fucker kept silent the whole fucking time and let it play out in his favour
>I would've won too since I could stun him to hell and back with Toad/Solemns/Dinomischus and Canadia in hand.
Sometimes I wonder if I should just stick to LinkPro.

can i activate a trap from GY if it was never set?

If a trap in your graveyard has an effect, you can activatie it like a trap card during your and your opponents turn, chain it to thing etc.
So you can use Burial Goods and send a trap to banish it for its effect or so

Do you mean activating a trap effect in the graveyard? Of course.

and i can activate it during the same turn it was sent to GY right?

Of course. The only restriction traps have is that you have to set them first to activate on the field.

Unless it has a clause that says otherwise.

It says right there on the card, how is this an argument, please tell me this didn't actually happen.

>NS Righty Driver, SS Lefty
>Link for Needlefiber, SS Glow-Up
>Link for Linkuriboh
>SS Glow-Up from grave
>Link for Troymare Goblin
>Gain normal summon
What else can you do here?

>go to a new locals
>bunch of 16-25 yr olds
>everyone calls me sir even though I'm 34
>some guy compliments my Jeep outside the store
>tell him "calm down, it's last years model" jokingly, but I was serious on the inside
>ask some kid, while inside, who the best players are
>he points to 2 people who have blinged out Trickstars and Spyrals
>ask them to play them casually
>beat them each 2-0
>one gets salty because he thought I was a shitter, the other guy is cool
>enter locals
>undefeated 4-0
>give my packs from store credit I won to some kid
>he pulls Squib Draw
>he's fucking excited for pulling it for some reason

Guess I'm going back to my own locals. The owner there is a moron but at least the players there are competent.

What's a decent easy-to-play deck that incorporates Links but does more than just spam the shit out of them?

ABC

you are a little baby
>Summon Needlefier in any way
>Needle summon o-lion
>o-lion+needle into summon sorceress
>O-lion summons a token
>Summon sorceress summons lv3 crystron
>crystron + token into ba link
>ba link mills dandy
>dandy summons 2 token
from this point on you change the combo depending on what you have in hand for example you could go
>dandy token + ba link into goblin
>goblin let you summon whatever
>sorceress + token into firewall
other 300 bullshit moves you can literally make up on the spot and you end up wih troymare extra link. What fantastic is that the troymare making you discard just fixes the shitty hands

>Needle summon
Next YGO series leaked.

got it from a >reddit thread about tcg zefra

he didn't even use needlefiber or linkuriboh so the combo could be optimized more than what he posted

I’m 43 and no one has yet to call me “sir” at locals.

The supermarket is a different story.

nigga just play plant links with grinder and darkwurm/destrudo

i have a pile of zefra garbage waiting for denglong to come off the list (never) or for needlefiber to be released (fucking never)

Does anyone know the “decent” combo we can use with Grinder Golem without Security Dragon in the TCG?

I play OCG so sometimes people literally don't read the moonrunes. The judge is essentially a fucking newfag that got to know the game via duel links. I mean it was some random local tourney, so it was a shot in the dark with quality.

How different are the manga versions of all the shows after DM?

>I’m 43 and no one has yet to call me “sir” at locals.
so everyone has called you "sir" at locals?

Verily

I'm playing it in Infernoid, using Antra for the second bounce and proceeding with the combo as usual.

A double negative, I fucked up.

Essentially have nothing to do with each other beyond characters.

Most of them are better than the anime. Except maybe zexal.

>The judge is essentially a fucking newfag that got to know the game via duel links.
Of fucking course.

What is the fucking argument? If they can't read a card just provide a translation.

I think you’re the oldest player here

that's pretty crazy

got any examples? im curious but idk if im curious enough to read through it. ive only read original YGO, and YGOR

Witch's Apprentice link retrain fucking WHEN holy shit

Based Manjoume is a kaiba mk2 in the manga, now with the added feature of being able to beat the mc. Judai uses masked heros and his master uses elemental heros. Basically everything is different.

If they're following the elemental order correctly, the set after Cybernetic Horizon.

I saw today 2 elderly men play MTG was pretty look imo

I just pointed out to the judge that all 2 of the Xyz lineup for Paleos have the same clause of being unaffected by monster effects. The judge basically just handwaved it and basically said nah fuck you that shit doesn't exist since it's allegedly broken as fuck according to him. I basically called him a faggot and then got dqed on the spot. At least there wasn't any entry fee or anything.

Sixth set/after Hoshiningen.

Oh fug

So Masked Heroes were in the manga forever before they actually came into the card game then? Neat

Yeah but they were kinda shit in the manga so if you're really a big Masked Hero fan you're gonna be disappointed.

Duh. Same goes for Beelze, Utopia the Lightning, etc.