/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

EMERGENCY REVIVAL EDITION

PAWN SHEET
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

DD:DA pasta
pastebin.com/WfUP5Nu0 (embed)

DDON how to play guide
pastebin.com/EvzTKE9W (embed)
DDON beginner checklist
pastebin.com/QmcXLcci (embed)

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/tomqe/status/947497713695834113
ddon.wikidot.com/mq:theentrustedfuture
twitter.com/tsukudani555/status/952576301369405440
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Find the aught on your first try for good luck

~~naught~~

~~~naught~~~

naught

.~aught~.

>max height, muscular, female warrior
I love this game.

aughtism

They're even better when brown.

monday kicked in

I hope this general survive on weekdays.
This is why I hate online game, they want me to play it everyday.

Please tell me Itsunos new project is dragons dogma 2

If we believe enough it will become true

any ps4 players want a hire? anywhere lvl85-below is good, I dont mind what vocation. dragonforging some gear via cursed dragons mainly today

Hows the Dragons Dogma MMO? Still alive? does it still get new content?

>MMO
There is none

There is Dragons Dogma Online

I thought he was gonna reveal his project in 2017?
I have little hope right now.

Yes it's great.

He apologized for that but said he's still working on it
twitter.com/tomqe/status/947497713695834113

Also, I beat daimon v2.0 for the first time, woohoo

What's there left to do in NG besides killing Death?

He was meant to reveal it at E3 but it never happened, then he promised it'd be revealed later in the year but nothing, I suspect Capcom wanted all eyes on MHW rather than splitting the marketing budget with DMCV

Anyone have the cheat table to lock your armor appearance? The one I got doesn't seem to work. Maybe the updated borked it up.

>He apologized for that but said he's still working on it
>he promised it'd be revealed later in the year but nothing

Does Capcom not realize the nice, sizable fanbase for Dragon's Dogma? It's too bad.

Gross, still so weird to me that dragon's dogma even happened in the first place. The DMC series in general are lowbrow trash, and I have never really gotten the appeal. Just not for me.

>Sizable
Compared to MonHun or even DMC. No, not really.
JP developers still like to pretend they are developing for Nippon only and fuck the west.

The main income source from their gaming divisions right now is DDO, so yes, yes they do. When that stops being such a steady cash cow they'll probably commission DD2. Not sure why they're keeping it nip only though, seen some rumours about them wanting to wait until it's got more content before taking it worldwide but never seen any evidence for that.

Hey from last thread
I'm on PC and can take your pawn for a spin. What level is she, and is the vocation the same?

Other PC anons, post your pawn info.

>rumours about them wanting to wait until it's got more content before taking it worldwide
I hope this is true.
As much as I want to try DDO, I don't want to go through the trouble of using a VPN.

Careful is a wonderful ranger pawn in the OP pawnlist. She loves fightan and frolics.

Put your pawns in the pawnlist, for posterity if nothing else.

Why didn't anyone warn me about this thot?

Thanks for keeping the pawn sheet in the OP, I did that last thread as an incentive for it to be revived
Delicious brown pawn ass

That's a nice-ass screenshot

If you don't mind picking up a derpy sorc, Sororre should be 67 now.

PSN Ocypete

Though I did pick up quite a few riftcrystals while I was on vacation.

To be fair, most of the best Jap games are developed for nipponese, and the devs are honestly surprised when us filthy gaijin like them; and most of the worst Jap games with any hype behind them are developed for western audiences.

See Capcom's other major franchise for proof of that.

Got Cass, level 121 strider here for ya
at least I think she's 121, might be 122, can't check right now

too easy, I'll let you know when I'm returning them. any materials you need btw? if I have spare I'll gift em

How do you survive until now? Even before playing DDO, I already have few vpn programs installed, both free and paid.

Thanks anons.
I'm planning to go into BBI post daimon soon, so I hope I can get you some rift crystals.

Maybe an agate or a harpy rectrix if you've got an extra? I seem to have forgotten to leave spares for duping, and they're kind of annoying to farm. I seem to be good on everything else I might need for the immediate future.

Either way, thanks! I'm just happy to get more bestiary knowledge for her.

Anyone else got this issue in character creation?

When typing a name in the game recognises some of the keys on the keyboard as the "finished typing" command and acts as though you're finished but what you're really doing is typing "m" or a few other keys

Never had that issue myself, though it's been a few updates since I last entered a name on PC. If you have one available, maybe you could try plugging a gamepad in while you type the name to get the actions that would normally be assigned to the offending keys assigned to the pad buttons, instead.

I use an Xbox 360 controller and I'm suspicious that its that but I also only noticed it after installing dinput so I have no idea if that changed a hotkey or not

Anyone used World Difficulty mod? Is it any good?

This happened to me but one day on my 4th playthrough it suddenly fixed itself.

Did you also notice the damage log force itself into the game when you hadn't turned it on? I think it had to do with that, anyone know it's hotkey?

I'm actually not using dinput, so I don't know if it's just making the issue worse.

Fuck you too
Also hi /ddg/

People only do this when the pawn AI interferes with some of the more solo aspects of the game
For example, AI killing the succubi that you wanted to hitch a ride on up to the macabre sculpture

That's mean.

No way, that'd be a straight reload and cliff-toss, assuming anyone would be stupid enough to bring pawns while trying to hitch a ride in the first place. Much more likely just someone wanting to hurt aq tripfaggot.

Fair enough, in my scenario I was imagining the renter as a dumb random guy who just rents whatever he sees in the rift

What is the optimal pawn level for it to be hired regularly ? i was thinking of downgrading Onyx to level 100 so she could be helpful.
The bestiary though.

My friend on PS4 wants to start from scratch to min/max stats. Is the only way to do that to delete your save file or is there a potion you can buy to reset everything like you can with inclinations?

I think new game is only option but you can carry over your pawn's beastiary knowledge by having it summoned before starting new game then resting in new game and receiving the RC,XP, etc.

we're going down boys

aught

just sent her back, got a few levels, killed a few things so hopefully you got something outta it

STAY WITH ME

Someone with good PC please play DDO

I feel like shit for posting my screenshot here

I don't even know why the fuck I'm fighting white dragon but the BGM is pretty good

What happens if you fight it? Doesn't it run the temple you're working for or something? Do you get your shit pushed in for it, or do knights attack you or what?

It's some kind of phantasmal version of white dragon. Not the one from temple. You fight it in temple of purification with Leo. Level 65 main quest

>DDO encourages you to play house with your pawn by having it live with you
>and even bathe with you
Wtf
I thought the whole BBI shit came about from a guy who fucked his pawn

>I thought the whole BBI shit came about from a guy who fucked his pawn
Well, I guess we're going to have a BBI situation on a country-wide scale then, aren't we?

blogging while my sorc pawn did the most damage

Why is warrior so popular? There are like 3 in the clan

It's fun

>Make buff amazon fighter
>Give her meek and timid responses for vocal lines
>Runs into battle, dragons maw solos literally everything
>I-I'll have nightmares from that one

Shy scaredycat Amazon
This is far more adorable than it should be

THE PLOT TWIST IN DDO

fuck you Leo

Why does Leo betray you

He's still crazy about that dead miko and Iris. Maybe he's blaming the white dragon.

Also this is nice. More map revealed.

What happened to iris?
She's like possessed or something

fug I was wrong because I skipped the cutscene

manipulated by alchemist
ddon.wikidot.com/mq:theentrustedfuture

Then you weren't paying attention.
>Ashe has a waifu called Grette
>Grette becomes arisen
>Grette leaves Ashe behind to go fight dragon
>She kills dragon, goes on to fight Seneschal, loses, becomes dragon
>Grette the dragon finds Ashe and makes him arisen, her last act of defiance
>Ashe thinks the dragon killed Grette, swears revenge
>Ashe finds Grette's pawn (Olra) and makes her his own pawn
>Olra becomes more like Grette because inheritance of spirit
>Ashe makes Olra his waifu
>When Ashe faces Grette the dragon, he learns the truth
>His choices are to fight and kill his old waifu or let his new waifu die in exchange for a wish
>"If this be the will of the gods… the order of the world… then damn the lot of them! I’ll tear the whole of it asunder!"
>"Very well… if that be your wish, I shall claim my price."

Pawn-fucking being the cause of it all is just a lie spread by people who don't want you fucking their pawns.

"Joseph, Klaus and Mysial are immensely saddened by the loss of Mysial."

This whole time I thought I couldn't bone my "bone", thanks guy

I would be sad at my own death too

I hope /ddg/ survive when I go to sleep

More like a guy who had the choice between killing his mentor or his lover who happened to be a pawn. No reason why it couldn't have happened it if was just some chick, except for her being his pawn adding insult to injury.

I think they might have just realized that everyone and their mothers made a waifu pawn anyway so might as well try to capitalize on it.

AUGHT

I always wonder how some anons can make some damn good looking screenshots.
I wish I had that skill.

>one shotting Griffins as a warrior
God I love Warrior

>Pawn returns
>Helpfulness: 4 stars
>Battle rating: 2 stars
I don't understand some people

>Never mind the beasts, I'll take the loot!

Maybe being helpful as meatshield

Is there context for this pic or what's going on? They just mad you picked best boy Valmiro?

For the helpfulness metric, I generally rate pawns based on shit like area/quest knowledge, using the right enchantments, healing/curing debilitations, and looting shit so I don't have to. Basically anything that makes life easier that isn't doing direct damage to enemies.

This is entirely wrong, you are fucking the lore, and your pawn.
Grette is an super stronk arisen, with a pawn that is similar to Selene, in that she resembles her arisen and is becoming human. They find Ashe on their travels who has been orphaned by the Dragon. Pawn and Ashe bond deeply, fall in love. Eventually, arisen Grette leaves pawn and Ashe behind to go slay Dragon, slays dragon, loses to Seneschal, gets made into Dragon.
Clever Grette Dragon makes Ashe an arisen, and kidnaps her pawn, who is Ashe's beloved.
Ashes confronts Dragon, realizes it is Grette, his mentor. FLIPS SHIT, BBI ensues
Grette's Pawn, goes beyond the rift and posesses Olra another Arisen like you, the MC, who can freely leave BBI.
Possessed Olra recruits you to free Ashe from BBI, which you do.
Ghost Pawn and Ashe go beyond the bounds.
Happy ending for them, Grette is still a Dragon somwhere, and Olra sticks around to asist you, the top dog BBI crusher.
Grette was a fighter, Grette's Pawn was a mage, who the fuck knows what Ashe was, probably a yellow.
Get it straight, because you obviously weren't paying attention either.

There's no indication that Olra can leave BBI "freely." She can essentially astral project and lead other arisen to and from BBI that way.

>happy ending for them
They're dead, user.

Out of curousity, do you guys use blast arrows when playing as a yellow vocation? I use them but only against Daimon and Death because otherswise it just feels too cheap to use.

>Reunited with the soul of your lover, no longer trapped in the body of RAGE(Daimon)
>not a happy ending
ok.

Their strength is offset by their weight, but they are a powerful get out of a shitty situation card.
And yeah, they are my preferred tool for killing Death for rented pawn RC gains.

TextWeb
I fancied myself a strong man... Strong enough to protect someone.
Strong enough to love someone. I longed to prove it. To myself, as much as any other. Longed to show that I could give aught back, and not simply take. And yet, in that moment, I chose to cast it all away. Though I cursed the world, what was writ true in my soul was an
apology, to you and our master who fostered a soul within you.
You have naught left to prove, my sweet. For I have known your love, and know it still. I have e'er wished nothing more than to share in your world, be it within the endless chain or beyond. Let us find our place, together.

seems pretty happy to me

>What's there left to do in NG besides killing Death?

Try to collect all the memories in that monolith at the entrance.

Why is it so hard to get a blood red crystal from a strigoi?
I kill it when its tail is red but I'm still only getting barbs from the things.

If on PC post pawn name/level and I'll send you one for duping.

But, best time to farm Strigoi is before first Daimon kill in the Fallen City. Enter boss room, then immediately exit back to fallen city. Now the formerly empty city is full of Corrupted Pawns and Strigoi, for multiple attempts at getting raped, and then getting revenge. I have only gotten the crystals after getting barbed myself, and then killing the Strigoi.

DA is still popular in japan
twitter.com/tsukudani555/status/952576301369405440

Pawn name Grimm, level 176 Warrior. Thanks a lot user.
And it may be harder now since I'm at BBI post daimon. I have to go into that annoying room with the strigoi, metal golem, gargoyles, succubi, and death.

Rest up! Sent friend request since I can't afford 50k RC every time.

Thanks a lot user!
I'll bring your pawn around some time to get you more riftbux.

I've never seen it with my own eyes, but I heard that pawns can catch you if you fall from great heights. Is this true?

Yes.
I didn't get any webm of it, but instead of flopping on the ground, my pawn caught me when I fell off a pillar ledge at the blue moon tower.
I was also caught by my pawns when harpies picked me up and dropped me midair.

Neat, never seen that, super cool. I thought playing pass with deer was cool enough.

Not my arisen/pawn, but I found this webm showing an example.