/hg/ - Halo General

#392 - Blue Bombshell Edition

Welcome to Halo General. Here we discuss the Halo games, expanded universe, and fan projects. Discussion of general Xbox developments, news, and games is also allowed unless stated otherwise.

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/18-and-up

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/TEdXes5c

>Halo 5 Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/
xboxclips.com/

>SPV3, the Halo CE fan remix project, can be downloaded for free
youtube.com/watch?v=VOMzNMe8qHE

>>>Halo News

Other urls found in this thread:

eldewrito.com/
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/197902679/#198077343
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw Kai and Backup end up on opposite teams in Halofest

why will backup be in halofest? HE WAS REMOVED FROM THE COMPANY FOR A REASON

Bait

Fuck off with this shit already.

STOP ENTERTAINING STUPID AUTISTIC DRAMA. TALK ABOUT HALO. PLAY HALO.

>implying either will show up
Kai always sits out

Crusading for new /hg/ Leader!

You realize fakeposting like this only makes Backup look worse right?

>Crusading for new /hg/ Leader!
God no

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no

fuck off its not bait. why should he be in something like that after being kicked for banning dragoneye from the discord?

daily reminder you're a huge faggot if you vote for Team BRs or only play BR starts

T. Bad

t. tryhard cancer

>kai
>playing with /hg/

>being good at the game is a bad thing

>forcing everyone to use the same gun almost every single match is a good thing

Literally git gud
It's a fucking competitive shooter

pretty sure he has done multiple times recently

No.

i probably came off a little shitposty but i just hate how modern halo is all about this mlg comp shit now

play halo 2
>nothing but team br and swat for days on MCC
>people only play on BR lockout/midship servers on PC
>muh skillful button combos
play halo 3
>team brs fer days
play halo online
>most popular servers are BR/swat
play halo 4
>everyone using battle rifles
play halo5
>never ever because it's shit

it's fucking lame my dudes. i miss my classic halo multiplayer gameplay, not this wannabe mlg shit that the community is now

>no
Cute, a history revisionist

Unknown Kai, I am begging you to step down as leader of the Spartan company. It's the only way to sate their autistic rage. It's the only way to make the drama dissipate. Please do it for the sake of the thread. It's been months of this drama almost nonstop. I don't care who caused what, I just want this to come to an end.

I mean, you can show us the game logs.

It's so tiring. I don't understand why we can't just get along.

>HALO ON PC

>ELDEWRITO 0.6 IS COMING SOON™
>IF YOU DON'T ACQUIRE IT DURING LAUNCH WEEK, YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE COMPANY
>eldewrito.com/

0.6 is gonna be hype

they're doing some crazy shit, especially with forge

You're new as fuck
It's literally always been like this

Yeah that's Halo.
People don't like spray and pray Auto starts. You're in the minority for a reason. If you dont like it, find another game

The same people have been crying when he initially got leader because their pick of the crop didn't get it. The truth is he managed the Company for months prior to even becoming leader, cycling people in and out and helping with the Achilles chest. He was the lieutenant who accepted me a long time before he got leader. Considering the amount of shitposting he's handled it *relatively ok* powerwise

History revisionists will have you believe otherwise. A bunch of them weren't even around at the time and still parrot the same rhetoric.

The whole shebang with Backup, whether handled well or not, was to purge the thread of the mass amount of shitposting between Dragoneye and Backup. The events have been twisted.
Threatening to kick someone from a Company because of what goes on in a Discord you're not part of is shitty but the intentions behind it were good

At this point I'm inclined to believe he messaged Red as he believed Backup was more likely to listen to Red over himself. This was still private at this point as it was a message being relayed from Kai, to Red then to Backup. Neither Red or Kai posted the image in the thread and if Backup didn't either he must have passed it on. What wasn't private was the rampant shitposting which was STILL rampant at the time the messages were being relayed.

This is from an onlooker who hasn't commented on this prior and honestly I'm fed up. Clearly the people "siding" with Backup are shitposting the most, this doesn't necessarily mean that "more people agree with him" since it's an anonymous imageboard rife with samefagging.

Both sides are guilty of overusing their "power", for good or bad. You are hearing more of one side as Kai is not as immature to samefag and shitpost. Most of the people which can attest to this are no longer here and as he played less and less people just reiterate the same crap as new people are fed this same biased crap.

>inb4 reddit spacing
For a post this long I find it an easier read.

>modern halo
Your complaint aside, there's nothing modern about this. BR starts have always been the popular option. It was true in 2005. It was true in 2007.

Alright this is officially funny now

i've been playing Halo online since 2004, it was not "always like this"

Default in Halo 2 was SMG starts, Halo 3 AR/Pistol. BR starts were in containment playlists like that MLG faggot shit

That's because BR was the best utility weapon in Halo 2&3. It utterly dominated to the point where you'd only ditch it for a power weapon.

>MUH CLASSIC HAYLO
fuck off, reachfag

We know it was backup or someone on his side who took the message and made it public. Pic related was when it was posted. Its pretty obviously Butthurt Beast himself or I guess a cronie who also hates Kai.

>You're in the minority for a reason
Am I?

More like the majority ditched Halo for other games

>Kai hasn't been caught samefagging
t. Kai

Yeah, if that's not Backup than I don't know who is

I never said he hasn't prior to this but I simply do not believe that he would go to the extremes of what has occured in the last few threads. I won't reply to the chain which is likely to come from this because it will go on and on and will detract from my original post which of course is probably the intention considering

>We know it was backup
provide any evidence

Why don't you read the whole post and not selectively paraphrase?

>he thinks Kai hasn't been defending himself anonymously this whole time
He's literally been caught taking his trip on and off during arguments before. I'm sorry, but if you use your position as company leader to try to blackmail someone, you don't deserve to be leader. I'm not saying that Backup was completely in the right, but to characterize Kai as some victim in this whole thing is just wrong. He abused his position as leader in the company and should step down. Not that he will, but he should.

Convenient Kai is constantly accused of samefagging whilst others "require evidence" but please keep cherrypicking from the post and ignore the bulk of it

This

Except you're wrong.

He's literally been caught doing it before. Is it really such a stretch to believe he's doing it now?

It wouldn't be the first time he's samefagged.

When was this? 2016? 2017? This is 2018. As the other guy has said why dont you stop selectively paraphrasing and take in the whole post?

>unironically doing "it's !"
Opinion discarded.

>claims it's some other guy
Convenient.

Excellent argument!

saving this post

>This was still private at this point as it was a message being relayed from Kai, to Red then to Backup. Neither Red or Kai posted the image in the thread and if Backup didn't either he must have passed it on
Kai said for Red to make it public, so regardless of who posted it, Kai wanted his threats to be known.

>Kai said for Red to make it public
No, he never told Red to post it publicly but keep detracting from the post with your poorly cherrypicked argument.

>he never told Red to post it publicly
Sure thing, bub.

>The message was only sent to Backup and Red
>Now Red said he was told to post it publicly
I sense something seedy going on behind the scenes here.

Why do you dumb ass faggots even care?

Halo 5 has been irrelevant for 3 years now, Achilles never.

>get proven wrong
>now assume your primary source of information was lying
Fuck off, Kai.

If any photo evidence "shows up" of Kai directly saying post it in the public Discord then we'll know Red is taking an active part in this drama since no parts of the messages shown say this.

>Now
No, not now. That was when he initially posted it you retard

400 here we come

>tfw currently rewatching entire Star Wars aga
It's like you knew!

The people who keep shitposting don't HAVE a side. They just want garbage in the thread.

I'd wager they do have a side. Not wanting to be seen in a bad light and wanting to be "right" take an active role in shitposting. I know hg is, well you know, hg but not everyone is nihilistic to continue shitposting for multiple threads just to fill the thread with garbage and its debatably whether they would do it for this long. They have an agenda.

It's impossible to determine on an anonymous board.
>it's just as likely it's Dog shitposting after creating an alibi post in the discord to keep heat off him
>it's just as likely it's Kai looking for sympathy
>it's just as likely it's backup looking for sympathy
>it's just as likely it's none of the above

We also have no comparison to when it was posted relative to it already being publicly known. If it was posted after the message was already posted Red saying he was told to make it public is pointless as Backup/a bud had already shitposted with the image. It's entirely possible Red was never going to say this had it never left the private messages.

You have no idea what its like to unlock Halo 5's frame rate on PC to 120fps

There is a MASSIVE difference between 120fps and 60fps

Gentleman, this general has become infested with nothing but inconsiquential shitposting. When you see such posts, do not dignify them with a response. Instead think: "what would master chief do?". It will be difficult to resist the urge to rebuke the retards but remember that in doing so you are playing right into their semen covered hands. Instead of answering autism with autism, post halo instead, everyone will benefit from your self control. Do your part. Post halo.
For peace.
For halo.
For /hg/.

I've never seen a game over around 90-100fps and at that point it looked just as smooth as 60. I can't imagine a game being MASSIVELY smoother, it would probably give me motion sickness

I would agree with you but I've seen weaponizsd autism like this before. A refusal to declare themselves, whoever is doing this, REALLY MAKES ME THINK.

>If any photo evidence "shows up" of Kai directly saying post it in the public
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/197902679/#198077343
Kai told Red to post it publicly. Out of respect to Backup it seems Red kept it private, but then this happened.

What a faggot.

None of the xbox message says post it publicly in the discord

So what are you arguing?
That Red is actually a giant shitposter?

Just so you guys know I'm reporting all dramaposts.
Hopefully they will get deleted

most of this stands up well and its probably the most well written arugment we have had in this shit heap. we never see the opposing view and kai often gets shit despite what he has done in the past out of respect for the threads or company
the part that gets me is he messaged red instead of backup, it would be interesting to see what would have happened if he had messaged backup instead but i imagine itd be mostly the same

>announcing your reports
Fuck off, newfag

This is exactly what console brainlets spout about 60 vs 30.

>claims that red is a source
>now says that red is not a source because his claims negate your argument

Did Kai ever own up to jumping in and making an ass of himself after the situation had been resolved like a day prior?

I'm saying none of the xbox message says post it publicly in the discord
What are you talking about? My post was about not having photo evidence of Kai saying "post it in the public discord" which we still dont. My argument hasn't been negated nor do we know when said he was told to do so compared to when the image of the message was being shitposted
The shitposting was still ongoing at the time. Just because it was a day after it started doesn't dismiss that

>kai
>owning up
HAH

>most well-written argument
Yeah, no. Just typing up a wall of text does not a good argument make. Kai made mistakes. Backup made mistakes. Dragoneye doesn't event talk in the discord anymore. It's all resolved. I want you all to shut the fuck up and post HALO

>DUDE LETS ARGUE ABOUT TWO PEOPLE WHO DONT PLAY HALO
All of you unironically need to just fuck off. Seriously. It’s fucking retarded. Kai does not play Halo. Backup does not play Halo. So who the fuck cares? Just shut the fuck up and play some fucking H A L O.

But Backup does play Halo, dumbass.
He was actively grinding towards getting us Achilles before Kai decided to threaten kicking him over fucking dragoncuck.

Backup played Halo a ton. Then Kai kicked him.

WHO GIVES A SHIT??? NOT. FUCKING. HALO.

The image already shows he owned up to being an ass.
Saying he thought it would fix the shitposting but Dragoneye still hadnt rejoined the discord and he was still shitposting "despite his efforts" seems like hes owning up to being an ass and it not working as intended
A bulk of the post was also mentioning the huge bias in posting in the thread and how kai is perceived. You're summing it up so incredibly short.

fuck off Kai

>Backup played Halo a ton. Then Kai kicked him.
So he doesnt play?
Every dismissive shitpost just adds weight to the post

I love how someone is actually trying to drag Red into this as if he's the culprit

>So he doesnt play?
He used Achilles commendations as a goal to work towards to drive himself to play.
Kai knew this and removed it from him.

I wasnt trying to drag Red in to this. A discord image was posted with no context to back up the message, xbox images dispute Reds post. If any extra images were shown to show kai saying what was claimed it would have to be Red. I dont think Red is a culprit or a shitposter, I think people are just trying to deflect in any possible way and hes the next victim

Actually, that XBL message was sent some time after Sigmund convinced Backup to let Dragoneye back in. And Dragoneye continued to shit up the thread after being let back in. So, basically, Kai put his neck on the line for nothing.

Seriously, who are these retards who keep up the fucking dead drama they dug up and fucked? I don’t want shitposts, I want NAMES. Who are these braindead memetards so I can fucking report them on XBL,

Why is Reach objectively the best looking Halo game?

so he doesnt play, thanks
he also refuses to join to "drive himself to play"
Yeah thats the sad thing. The thread continued to be shit up despite him trying to "fix it", he clearly owned up to being an ass and fucking up and the image posted contradicts the ongoing argument

Kai, for one.