/indie/ - Indie and Misc. Games General

Previously: >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as Hollow Knight, RUINER, Cuphead, Heat Signature, Steamworld Dig 2, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Rain World, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.
A Hat In Time has its own general for the time being.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

>What's the connection between Ezra and Depot A?
There isn't one, stop asking.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3
youtube.com/watch?v=pqw24j2YBMM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

in other exciting news the op is running out of space and some worthless parts should maybe be pruned next time

We can remove the "how can I contribute". That's mostly common sense, anyone who isn't a retard can figure that out.

>page 10 again
HA! HA! Time for Kumo.

Probably don't need Underrail references either

Yeah, that too.

What has been your best roll with Delirious?

>playing a cheat mod

the gate in boss rush, they kept spawning those headless jumpers and spamming homing brimstone

Tell me about MWYAH, why are they such a cunt?

>cheat
That's AB+, user.

did they name an isaac mod after a blood type on purpose or was that a happy accident

I'm pretty sure that's just short for AfterBirth+, so just a happy accident.

That's the final official expansion.

indead

Now that I'm done Deus Ex I'm moving on to Jagged Alliance 2

Bow to your overlord

>didn't take mercantile
>guys why am I not literally swimming in money wtf
k

to be fair, for ages everyone's said not to take mercantile because you'll already be literally swimming in money

Can you guys teach me to actually clear my backlog? There's no CRPG general...

Start with the short ones like Age of Decadence

It's still mostly the case if you don't slend all of it on super steel and your house.

I don't really get people who whine about not getting perfect super steel. I always just order 3 plates and roll with whatever I get, if it's not that high then tough luck. It's even less of an issue now that infused leather gives dimishing returns.

In Underrail, I've been trying to do/get quest objectives before doing the actual quest to see what people say when they say "Hey go get this thing" and it turns out you already have it. Some quests don't have an "Oh, I already have it option" like Gorsky wanting you to get the keycard from the bottom floor though.

Is it possible to do this for the Armadillo parts for the drill he needs? As far as I can figure: you'd need to either fight your way to the junkyard (turning the gangs hostile) or pickpocket/lockpick and sneak your way into it. Has anyone tried this to see what he says if you already have what he needs?

cutie flying fox

I found Teresa in the junkyard and stole her energy core. Too bad there isn't an option to tell Oscar you already stole it when you go extort him.

Original mad user here.

I'm currently sitting at mercantile 111. Had to pay 2k to fix the tunneler in core city, and at basically every opportunity i'm running through each shop when they reset to sell more things. I'm at 10.8k right now, gonna be up to 15k after two resets because I stopped being an idiot and started trading for bullets on top of coins, so I can sell to a couple shopkeepers who accept those.

Still a pain in the ass overall. I don't expect or want to grind/ savescum for perfects, but i'd want something at 140+ or else it's basically just wasted money.

>started trading for bullets on top of coins

Protip: when selling guns, empty out the bullets. When you sell the guns, worth of the loaded bullets is not counted for the price. So you can unload the bullets and sell them for extra money.

ded

>1500 meters below

I need to clear my backlog, help me, assume all DLC/goodgoy edition for every game listed. Also assume I haven't touched them.
>Age of Decadence
>Baldurs Gate 1&2
>Dark Souls 1&2
>Deus Ex Human Rev
>Divine Divinity
>Doki Doki LC
>Dragon Age Origins
>Dragons Dogma Dark A
>Drakensang
>Dungeon Rats
>Fallout 1&2
>Gothic 1-3
>Grim Dawn
>Hammerwatch
>HyperNep Rebirth 1
>Icewind Dale
>Last Dream + World Unknown
>Last Remnant
>Legend of Grimrock 1&2
>Overlord 1&2+raising hell
>Pillars of Eternity + WM 1&2
>Planescape Torment
>Recettear
>Red Solstace
>Risen
>Stalker CoP and SoC
>Shadowrun Dragonfall + Hong Kong
>Sword of the Stars the Pit
>System Shock 2
>Tales from the Borderlands
>Titan Quest
>Two Worlds EE
>Undertale
>Valkyria Chronicles
>Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines
>Witcher 1&2
>Wolf Among Us
>Bioshock Remastered 1&2 + Infinite

Please help me, I want to just pick them and knock them off my list one by one. I'm done buying games but I just keep doing meme shit like booting up Skyrim.

What do you want?

Dark Souls 1
Baldurs Gate 1 & 2
Fallout 1 & 2
Icewind Dale
Witcher 2
Wolf Among Us
Bioshock 1, 2, Infinite
Planescape Torment

Those are my favorites by far, some may not have aged as well as you're used to.

Fallout 1 and 2 if you can get past the awful UI
Grim Dawn and Titan Quest for Diablo but good.
MOTHERFUCKING STALKER MATE WHAT ARE YOU DOING
Witcher games are good, but the first one starts really showing its age.

What do you mean?
I should note that playing any of the series means starting from the beginning because reasons. The witcher means I'll need to buy the books off amazon and then read them and then start witcher 1.

I bought E.Y.E. too but I already played it.

Fallout 1+2. I think it's probably best to do the older games first because their interface is usually clunkier than more modern games. For example, in Fallout 1, there was no regular way to manage a party member's inventory, you had to pickpocket them to give and take equipment and items to them. Going from that to something more sensible is likely easier than the other way around.

I opted out of including fallout tactics because I heard it literally doesn't have a story or anything. Is this true?

>What do you mean?
You've given a very long list of very different games, what is it that you want to play? Setting, style, lenght, genre?

>Yeah, CCN2 kinda sucks. Disappointing, really.
Nah it's pretty great.

>>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
>pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3
What is this even?

Look at your library, think which 5-10 games you want to play the most, install them, play, then look forward to playing the next.
Also keep your steam library page in raster view so it emulates looking at games instead of a list of work.

And force yourself to launch one.

>keep your steam library page in raster view so it emulates looking at games instead of a list of work
That's actually very smart, I'll do that as well.

I've been saying that for a while, but Steam needs a "launch random installed game" feature.

Name of the game?

youtube.com/watch?v=pqw24j2YBMM
Folks over Ludosity seem to want to release a game in every genre.

Hello Charlotte series. The screenshot is from Episode 3. It has three main games with the 1st one being free on itch.io, and the other two on Steam.

They're damn good RPGMaker adventure games. Closest comparison would be OneShot-like gameplay with OFF-like aesthetics and horror, although it is bloodier than OFF and more melodramatic than OneShot. Like OneShot it uses the 4th wall to form an emotional connection with the protagonist rather than for shock value, but over ~10+ hrs Hello Charlotte goes through several tone and gameplay shifts as opposed to OneShot's constant melancholy. It winds up giving many different sides to your fluffy daughteru, which made the finale hit that much harder for me.

>page 10

>Is it possible to do this for the Armadillo parts for the drill he needs?
It's possible to do it, but Tanner doesn't react to it. Too bad, but sort of makes sense. There really isn't a realistic explanation for why you decided to break into Depot A and pick up a rare drill part no one told you would be needed.

>There really isn't a realistic explanation for why you decided to break into Depot A and pick up a rare drill part no one told you would be needed.
Are you implying PC can't share Al-Fabet's mindset?

Nah, but since you can't take all those mountains of trash with you it makes little sense that you'd take that particular circuit board.

This game is easy as hell.

Thanks added those to my backlog.

>itchios downloader and launcher is called itch
Not a very marketable name.

Iconoclasts is a week away.
I mean, neither is "Steam."

Steakmund is officially working on Mewgenics again.

>Iconoclasts is a week away.
I've been excited for this game since before the demo was released.

I'll probably play it on hard mode my first run-through just to make it last longer. If it keeps up the quality of the demo I'll want it to be a long game.

Speaking of that fag,
>Q: Whats next for Isaac?
>A: we are currently finishing up the final free content booster for Afterbirth+ it should release in a month or so and feature a bit more content than previous ones.
>"A year of monthly booster packs"
>Release 5 over the course of 14 months and call it a wrap

Agreed.

>page 10

>10

Okay, /indie/, what are your top five favorite turn-based PC JRPGs of all time?

>PC
>JRPG
I'll sit out for that one, because the few I played that were really RPG (aka, no action RPG like Dark Souls) were really bad.
Especially The Last Remnant. Fuck you.

I know there aren't many that are great. Trails in the Sky is wonderful so far, though, and I assume there are others. Even if they're ports, I'm fine with that.

I'll just sit out, because I seem to have awful luck with JRPGs. Tried Valdis Story, found it hard as fuck. Dark Souls and all its followers, Nioh and Lord of the Fallen aren't really RPG, The Last Remnant is a pure JRPG with a retarded main character that I want to stangle but it's meh. Last one is the Hyperdimension Neptune serie, but if you remove the cute characters, there's not much to it.

You should still try the Trails in the Sky trilogy.

Honestly, I'm more into RTS/FPS. RPGs always piss me off because
>"Hahaha I'm a really evil guy!"
>"OMG ur an evil guy!"
>"HAHAHAHA"
>"Aaaaaaah!!"
>"HAHAHAHA okay now i'm going kthxbye lmao"
>meanwhile, me : "why can't I just shank his ass?"

Mark Leung's Revenge of the Bitch.

Trails in the Sky 2nd
Trails in the Sky 3rd
Trails in the Sky FC
Standstill Girl
Laxius Force

You only listed one jrpg lmao.

How is this?

Give Battle Chasers: Nightwar a try. The game is gorgeous and the combat is fun. Only downside is that it can get too easy depending on how much you grind or abuse the krafting feature.

How do we fix Underrail bros? I'd start with the perks

Release expedition.

add a "increase walking speed" button.
the only problem with underrail is in my opinion how slow the game is.
and while we are at it, make persuasion and intimidation scale of intelligence instead of will.

Nerf Quick Tinkering

Buff Disassemble and Gun Nut

Will makes sense, it's all about appealing to emotions and after Charisma got the axe it was the replacement. Besides Intelligence already has 7 skills, it really doesn't need two more.

Add an "other" gender option.

Add more quests

There should be more things to do than just explore

I always liked the no gender option in older rpgs for golems and such.

it does, but it's feels a bit... Less of a Fallout story? In 1 you had mutants, in 2 you had enclave, in tactics it was a side story involving killer robots from the perspective of a splinter group of BoS that crash landed in Chicago. In those you found out more about the old world via exploration, in tactics it's more combat based and far less interesting stuff. It's considered canon by some, non-canon by others, so "no story" is probably a fan opinion that falls in the non-canon camp.

Is Interloper really worth it?

you can live without it
but it makes your life easier if you plan to stealth around.
i'd say it's worth it if you're on a melee build, otherwise not so much.

Thanks for the info man, but I already figured it out.

I thought the bullets ADDED to the price originally, so I was baffled that this wasn't the case when comparing loaded and unloaded states.

Well, let me put it this way. With Interloper you might eventually stealth at near regular walking speed. Without it you will never get close. With it not fighting becomes a legitimate alternative even when you have to cross places chock full of enemies.

I have an Underrail problem with Age of Decadence, I keep quitting it and starting a new build whenever I get bored or reach a fight my current build can't do. What build should I go for if I just want to kill everything in my path and get the game finished already? I'm tired of restarting.

>What build should I go for if I just want to kill everything in my path and get the game finished already?
Start as a mercenary

Join the Imperial Guards

Focus on maxing one weapon skill, one defensive skill (dodge or block) and critcal strike. Weapon and defense are mosre important, try to keep them roughly equal.

Get at least 4 alchemy to made decent poisons, use them a lot.

Use throwing nets and bolas.

Crafting is optional, but can make you really OP in towards the end of the game.

Also, don't expect to beat the final boss without gitting gud or spamming bombs like a scrub.

>implying Neptunia and Valdis Story aren't a JRPG
Shiggy diggy

Ai, I'll try it.

>neptunia
Just a giant turd
>Valdis Story
Character action game mixed with metroidvania backtracking.

What's a YN fangame that isn't .flow or 2kki that's not shit/abandoned?

Dead.

Why not cut the Underrail references, shorten "how can I contribute" to just say "Besides posting and discussing? We could use new pastebins/wikis/images and/or updates to existing ones," trim the list of example indie games (we all know what an indie game is), remove the bit about absorbing /lite/ and /jrpg/ and instead just make sure the remaining example games listed have an example of each?

Is Jydge/Neon chrome considered Indie?
Can I enjoy things here?

>Can I enjoy things here?
strictly forbidden