/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, with a fall 2018 PC release.
↳Third PS4 beta with a bonus Nergigante quest announced for 19th-22nd of January, no PS+ required.
↳Elder Dragons + Deviljho: youtube.com/watch?v=lmwxyM3sPwc
↳Full 2018 Winter Event Livestream: youtube.com/watch?v=FuxxrCmLi58
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Moveset Changes: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 on 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JTjJPbtA3sI
youtu.be/tBykiLSxLUk
youtu.be/RH6A03GAi_k
imgur.com/a/FeWJL
vectorizer.io/
youtube.com/watch?v=apboPug3AUA&list=PL7z-ZXbhfoKH0VlmoMX1Q5Wwk1cNRvrUV
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7z-ZXbhfoKH0VlmoMX1Q5Wwk1cNRvrUV
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hope you Nyanon's are occupying yourselves easily while you wait for the Beta/Game!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

youtu.be/JTjJPbtA3sI
youtu.be/tBykiLSxLUk
youtu.be/RH6A03GAi_k

i'm telling you fuckers, Nerg is an antihero who goes around pummeling the fuck out of the other elders

the head is MINE
OUTTA MY WAY hammerfags

Huntress post

I'd rather he pummeled the fuck out of my ass.

Are we there yet?

I'm playing hunter witch.

First for
>gib brachydios and rajang PLS

Hey, if they aren't visible on my screen, I'll go in there and combo or phial burst the face.

>easily thrashing around Kushala
>a monster who's skin is akin to steel and sounds like an industrial machine when it moves

Niggante is fucking STRONK

He's symbiotic with Zorah Magdaros. He defends Zorah from other dragons during the Crossing so that Zorah can challenge Xeno'jiiva. Bazelgeuse will be a symbiotic organism who works with Xeno'jiiva in a similar way.

There will also be a bunch of Godzilla parallels. Godzilla is Zorah, Anguirus is Nergigante, Xeno'jiiva is King Ghidorah and Bazelgeuse is Mothra.

The more I hear about the Godzilla theories the more likely they sound, but the more I hate them too. The parallels are obvious and easy to draw but outside of the murals and half of Xeno'jiva's name, we don't have anything to suggest that there are even any alien themes in World.

user, the elder dragons are confirmed to be converging on a star in the sky. Bazelgeuse sounds like Betelgeuse. Xeno'jiiva literally basically just means "alien".

I'm still around making wallpapers for anyone that wants something done.

imgur.com/a/FeWJL
Here's an album full of the stuff I have done from the past few threads.

>the elder dragons are confirmed to be converging on a star in the sky
source ? the mural is just an image and is open to interpretation, so you can cite it as a source but I'll be less inclined to believe you.

I'm pretty sure I caught it in a video. Maybe Arekkz or one of the others who played the big 2 day demo in Japan.

Some of those are pretty nice looking.

I'll look for it.

I think alien monsters would be cool tbqh.

Arekkz is also my citation for the symbiosis along with footage that shows Nerg attacking hunters on Zorah's back. Something Arekkz said was phrased in a funny way that sort of acted like Zorah and Nerg being linked was a matter of fact.

don't forget that spaceman palico armor when thinking about space themes.

I think introducing the concept of Monster vs. Monster in a capacity greater than just gameplay is a cool idea that I hope they work with. I'd be down for watching some Nerg vs Bagel cutscenes or something.

Thanks! Some stuff is way easier to work with than others.

>people are taking conjecture assumed by the guy who brought us the immortal set and being unable to solo rathalos with cb in 20 minutes in the world demo as rote fact

cool shit homie

No user, I'm saying he's played the campaign and said something that basically implied he couldn't be sure if that lava clump from that trailer was about Zorah or about Nerg. It helps to make a picture, especially when you consider that Nerg's whole thing is being a badass motherfucker who dunks on other Elder Dragons and there's been footage of him attacking hunters while riding on Zorah. He played a lot of the campaign. He said it was like almost all the way up to the actual Magdaros battle.

First video 0:24
Who the fuck was that?

It begins.

vaal'hazak

Kirin. Unless you're talking about the clip right after the Kirin one, in that case we don't know that monster's name.

What, Kirin, or the rotting dragon?

it uh
appears they gave him the G rank frontier move where he zaps all the hunters nearby

>Run image through venctorizer.
OMG GUISE LOOK STUFF I MAED.
vectorizer.io/

I bet you're real fun at parties.

The fuck does that have to do with parties? Are you retarded?

That's just the regular mianline attack where he zaps all the hunters in a circle in front of him. I think it was hitherto g rank though, and was one of the few things that was actually shitty about kirin and yet one of the few I never see people bitch about.

It's even funnier you dont get what he means

I think that's posterised, not vectorised. Still just a photoshop filter, though. I used to make wallpapers like that from images of ballerinas.

>Discord
Fuck off Masterfurryfaggot.

Oh so you are retarded. Okay.

Taking odds on Rajang coming back for the Summer update

Think about it. It's perfect.

Good Evening /mhg/,

I'm very new to the MH series and I'm fairly interested in this game. I did not get to play the betas so I have no knowledge of this game whatsoever. The closet game that is MH style is Toukuden and I really like that game.

Is there a list anywhere of weapon sets that are in MHW? Though many would like to use the biggest weapons out there, I, on the other hand would like to use smaller weapons. Is there a single dagger to ravage monsters with? Can I beat the shit out of monsters with a fist/knuckle weapon set? the smaller the better for me.

Thanks in advance.

You're the one that doesnt get a simple phrase . If anyone here is retarded it's clearly you. Next you'll say FUCKING ANIME POSTER I BET YOU'RE GAY

>Smallest weapons
Sword and Shield
Dual Blades
Light Bowgun

>I did not get to play the betas
Hey, I got some good news for you. There's a third beta, doesn't even need PS+. It starts in 4 days. Play that and make your own decisions.

user, here's something for you. I'm doing you a favor. Just watch these and pick one or two to try when the game comes out

youtube.com/watch?v=apboPug3AUA&list=PL7z-ZXbhfoKH0VlmoMX1Q5Wwk1cNRvrUV

you want sword and shield,. dual blades or light bowgun.

> 2. You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

Just to clarify, don't embed. Actually go to youtube and watch the playlist. They made videos for EVERY weapon class.

GUYS

IS CORPSE DRAGON FATALIS OR KUSHALA SKELLY

If you ever wanted undeniable proof that the discord is the sole source of all negativity and shitposting in these threads, this is it.

it's clearly a magala

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7z-ZXbhfoKH0VlmoMX1Q5Wwk1cNRvrUV

>that cutscene where g-rank rathian dude w/ LS fighting nerg

he's gonna die isn't he

>Says a phrase that has nothing to do with the situation.
>HURDUR U DON KNO WHAT IT MENS
Dude we get it, you used it without knowing its meaning and now you're pissy because nobody fell for your bluff, there's really no reason to double-down on announcing to everyone you're a moron.

You actually think i'm the guy that said that? Do you even read posts? Do you just see a (You) and blindly type within a rage? No, no. Nobodys that stupid. Go bait on /b/ its more your style.

Keep up the damage control, your tears are delicious.

You actually think I'm still replying to you? Fucking hilarious. I don't reply to retards unless they really want to get btfo.

>actually replying to him

4 D A Y S L E F T

>You actually think I'm still replying to you?
HAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA
Thanks user, I needed to read something this retarded, that really gave me a good laugh.
BTW I'm not the person you're talking to, you're just a fucking moron.

ESLs pls go and stay go

Kids dont learn now days unless you call them retarded. Too busy eatting Tide pods for some fucking reason

>post MH content in a MH general
>get warned for spam and 2 pictures out of several deleted randomly
what's wrong with this place?

Kaiser girls! in HD! in World!

>The closet game that is MH style is Toukuden and I really like that game.
Depending what you like about it you'll either not get MH or really really love it. Toukiden is generally regarded as a watered-down monster hunter clone here.

>Is there a list anywhere of weapon sets that are in MHW?
What do you mean by "weapon sets"? If you mean weapon classes, there are fourteen, which are greatsword, longsword, sword and shield, dual blades, lance, gunlance, hammer, hunting horn, switchaxe, charge blade, insect glaive, heavy bowgun, light bowgun and bow. The two bowguns and bows are called "gunner" weapons, while the rest are "blademaster," though this distinction seems to be less meaningful in World than it was in prior installments. Generally, the biggest difference between the two (now that they use the same armour) isn't actually range (guns have some melee ammos/moves and some BM weaps have ranged attacks), it's that guns use ammo and blademaster weapons need to be sharpened.

>Is there a single dagger to ravage monsters with?
Sword and Shield is a shortsword with a small shield, it slashes pretty fast and most people who are good at the weapon barely use the shield. Dual blades are two daggers (which if you're a weapons autist makes a lot more sense fighting monsters than it does fighting humans, since the goal is basically to make the monster bleed out, not make the one cut that will kill them), and attack extremely fast, but each input causes a flurry of several hits whereas SnS is mostly one press, one hit.

>Can I beat the shit out of monsters with a fist/knuckle weapon set?
Some Dual Blades look like boxing gloves, but not really. There's also a sword and shield that will probably never be in World that has a bracelet instead of a shield and the sword itself is a tessen (a paper fan with steel blades hidden in it, which samurai would use as a concealed weapon in situations where it was not socially acceptable to carry an obvious one).

>He's still at it.
Fucking adorable.

Please tell me what grammatical errors did ESL-kun commit

Reminds me of that time Janitors pruned a perfectly fine thread in favor of an intentionally broken shitpost OP.

>be so ass blasted you shitpost from a phone and a computer

You've angered the discord, among which is a janitor/mod.
I recently received a 3 day ban for speaking out against the discord.

And then that thread got raided by discord.

fucking stop with this forced meme.

>Xeno'Jiiva is Monster X.
I'm okay with this.

one of the furries/pedophiles in the discord happens to be a janitor

this thread is off to a great start

What are the chances World flops? I hate to see the series become what it has. I really hope capcom wakes up and goes back to making the series with hardcore audience in mind on nintendo

proof?

Not the user you're talking to.
I actually just started toukiden a couple days ago to keep me busy intil world.
After about 11 hours of playtime I ended up uninstalling. The game is fucking horrible, its so clunky, the monsters turn around some kind of weird invisible pivot and can initiate attack animations while doing this pivor turn so they do this weird skating turn as their attack animation play and then homes in on you as they spin to turn towards you while their attacks animate. It feels like a weird greenlight game from some basement indie dev.

The fuck do you expect? I just pointed out some retard was using a vectorizer to pass a filter over official art and calling it "his work" and the faggot went into full meltdown samefag arguing with himself for like a dozen posts now.
It seems /mhg/ is now a fucking hugbox where you're supposed to pander to people's delicate ego so they don't go on full meltdown over getting called out for being retarded.

>the monsters turn around some kind of weird invisible pivot and can initiate attack animations while doing this pivor turn so they do this weird skating turn as their attack animation play and then homes in on you as they spin to turn towards you while their attacks animate
>a Monster Hunter where every monster is Azure Rathalos
kill me, I don't even want to think about it

What emotions are we all feeling now?
Ive graduated from crippling depression
to crippling anxiety

>the dragon that destroys everything
ONORE

MLX

oh god someone tell me how to blacklist discordfags when the game comes out

Annoyance as this thread has been overcome by pretentious faggots who think they should be praised just for existing.

I have transcended emotion, impatience, and anxiety.

Proof?

Crippling loneliness, same as the last five years. It overshadows all other emotions. I dunno if I'll even play World. It doesn't look like anything special except graphically and I find myself caring less about Monster Hunter with each week.

The only way is to go there and make a list of them.

It's an option in the menus.

user calm down

the only one having a meltdown here is you

Almost impossible, depending on your definition of flop
It won't sell a billion copies but it has a lot of positive buzz from people outside of the core community, which is very encouraging

4 YEARS LEFT

Aren't those gameboy tiles from Oracle of Seasons/Ages? Using a capcom game as the basis is a nice little detail if so.