/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Dropped their pebbles: >New players read this then finish the game without spoilers: i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>NEWS:
-Dec 7/2017: Shadows Die Twice teaser - youtube.com/watch?v=OAYhXKC0LJ8
-Dec 26-29: Unused bosses & test areas are now safe chalices that anyone can use - i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png
-Jan 11/2018: Dark Souls 1 Remaster announced for PC, XBONE, PS4 and Switch, releasing May 25

>Helpful links:
-/bbg/ Resource Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
-Wiki: bloodborne-wiki.com/
-Build planner: mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
-AR calculations: pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>Chalices:
-How to unlock FRCs for spelunks, fight clubs & gem farming: i.imgur.com/0AwN4Lo.jpg
-Gem farming chalices: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/uncanny weapons, runes, and gems: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-Edited chalices: i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png (Unused bosses, test areas, early runes/weapons)

>PVE - Spelunking:
-Spelunks happen, join em, host em
-Set the chalice to Open and region to Worldwide
-Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/WJXCN0Y.png
-Pthumeru: n6rc9jh8
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.png

>FAQ:
Q: Where do I get/put the best gems? A: bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
Q: How do I setup arcane builds? A: i.imgur.com/73dnuUm.jpg
Q: How to access the DLC? A: i.imgur.com/XaRuxgF.png
Q: Did I miss a quest? A: i.imgur.com/Uzg8XI6.png
Q: Is this game active for coop and pvp? A: Yes

first for throwing pebbles at people during an FC
I thought it was pretty funny

PURGE FILTHE

I think some people believe it makes the fights less laggy. It definitely makes finding the next fight faster though.

>game crashed as soon as I got a match

Sorry Alma.

I won't be a brainlet anymore.

Are there any weapons that you can obtain from chalice dungeons before you'd find them in the main game, without save editing?

>It definitely makes finding the next fight faster though.
How does that happen from silencing your bell?

yes, this is the purposuse of the 'flase depth' chalices in the OP

birbs an pebls

I'm hitting you guys for chip damage meanwhile I'm getting half my health blown out with one R1. I need to hit the spelunks more often

This is my first FC and after someone accidentally threw a pebble I decided to keep it on my hotkeys. Is it a thing people do already?

...Because you have to re-ring it?

Connecting happens fastest in the first minute or two after you ring a Bell/hit the SRRC. If you find minutes have passed with no hits, often Blanking and re-ringing will result in a very quick connection.

Damn, whoever is using HMS and bloodletter are pretty good. I got perfected like 3 times now.

Is HMS really that bad? I don't recall losing to it so many times this FC, Felina has been kicking my ass nonstop

>not using pebbles and shining coins as disrespect

>urist interchanging pebbles and throwing knives
caught me off guard you sneaky bugger

Felina is BL117, and has his HMLS spec'd for .doing strong R1s.

It isn't that HMLS is "bad" or "weak" or whatever, it's that it has the worst stat-investment:functionality ratio in the game for our meta.

LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS

I think my gladiator larping is actually helping me tonight.
I have to keep things interesting.

>Felina is BL117
I'm not condoning being a shitter or anything but someone should consider making a 134 to reward his shittery.

any reason to not just go straight for amelia after gascoigne? can I still finish eileen's quests for the hunter rune? all I wanna do is whirligig the game this time around

TO DEFEAT

I was not playing the FighterZ beta, what happened while I was gone? Is a FC going on?

Improv in Loran.

Despite his BL, he's pretty damn good from what I've seen. He has good spacing, decent stamina management, and knows how to use the HMS.

if we all did that, it would dismantle the bl98 meta overnight and we may as well jerk eachother off on reddit

Will you guys wait for me to finish work with the FC? I just started an hour ago.

>Improv
What's the deal with clinic food, anyway? Everything just tastes like blood!
I'll be here all week

>felating an already over-felated faggot
>probably being said faggot

Whew that range. I could not deal at all.

this. felina just abuses the fuck out of the phantom range on the pokestick

You act as if the 98 meta is all that holds these generals together.

Who are you blocking from this FC? Already have at least 3 names in mind.

Soyboy

No one.

I haven't seen him poke with thing once. I thought that's what people were complaining about Lazarius or whoever doing.

Lmao even when the FC started only a small handful of people even went 98. That meta exists specifically to avoid 150s because some bbgers were such snowflakes that they couldn't handle a couple of 150 shitters and needed meta where they'd be safe. The rest of us didn't care and played how we wanted

who?
also how does blocking people stop you from connecting to them? I want to stop fighting someone who's always incredibly laggy when I fight them, unplayable levels of lag

>"I'll stop playing as soon as I get one more win"
>immediately start a massive losing streak

He hasn't been spamming anything. You must be bad.

I'm blocking Lindsay 'cause fuck that guy

*in Todd Howard voice* It just works

HMS is fucking terrible.
Even at the higher levels where you can use it to its full "potential".
>but muh 1 hour charge beams!!
>but muh nourishing gems!!1@!
It's a spear with one move, get over it.

>Lost connection to server. Returning to tit-
>Discovered the chime of a sinister bell.
Well thats one way to get fights I suppose.

Someone help me run through old yharnam. I'm level 20. Ringing at the lamp pass bbg

I'm surprisingly doing good this night so I don't know too much of that feel for once.
It's a good flashlight.

*pops ohb*
*dash r1's you with bloodletter*
*untricks and spams evelyn or bowblade until you die*
pssh nothin personnel kid

Nigga I'm not even the guy who was complaining.

>being this defensive for another person
You need to double check your priorities, m8.

Be there in 8 hours.

Just wanna make sure, is all this tool use alright? Or is it on par with BMA evelyn spammers?

Yeah tools almost always miss so go nuts

I'm not the same guy. There are two lazarus's

Is it just me or is hintertomb dark as fug?

I've found that people will very quickly get tired of being BSE'd, but no one seems to care about the others.

Room for one more

>that feel when they dont even work correctly

I strongly suspect that the shot collided with and neutralized it. Someone should test it

I think that happened to me before as well.

>YOU'RE NOT PLAYING HOW I WANT YOU TO PLAY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Tell me your name so I can crush a vermin on you the next time I see you.

I applaud whoever is running what appears to be 30 vit. You brave, brave soul.

does anyone have a Isz chalice dungeon that i can just make and delete for blood stone chunks? tried looking in the pastebins but couldnt really find one, and dont want to have to make it myself.

31 Vit.

Aw, thanks for the fist fight.

Is the FC still going? Might bring back my oldest character.

You can get chunks from any boss. Throw on an Eye rune and you'll get chunks almost every single time. Then just pick any layer 1 boss that's easy for you (like Brainsucker) and keep running that layer.

If I remember right jemmjmpi is popular for that.

It was fun, user. Sorry if I seemed like a bummer for re-equipping my weapon towards the end

I think it's dead. It's taking a while to get a match now.

I'm not a homo

Nah I get it, it was going on too long. I'll get better and get a round off you someday.

What is the best wheel for arcane and what false depth dungeon do I need to go into to find it

lost

Why does my Wheel hit for 1100 damage? This feels excessive. The AR is 742.

1) it's probably against a pthu or something else weak to arcane
2) its the motherfucking wheel

the wheel is slow and powerful. one of the hardest hitters beside some charged R2 weapons.

FC ded? no matches in sight desu

God, I am so fucking pissed. I've died at least 40 times to Amygdalla in the depth 4 Pthumeru. Took me ages to kill the Watchdog, and now this... What do they want from me? No matter which way I dodge, one of the arms keeps hitting me. Why did they make the progression require being cursed?

I'm still getting the boom hammer guy and laz.

Is there anywhere I find a list of the false depth chalices? I want to get my weapon early

Fear your blindness and remember 'OP'

reminder to always do a friendly wave or bow to remind your opponent that it's just a friendly spar.

It's on layer 2 in every one on the OP and I'm level 25

Gee I wonder why the OP has 50 links in if

You don't need to be a smartass.

Never mind it isn't even in the false depths

I'm a little booty blasted after this impromptu. Should have stuck to what I know...

Don't let sandbaggers and tryhards get you down

I'm just glad I was finally able to land a few tiny tonis

>Lazarus crushing Vermin
Nice. Is he the guy everyone's salty abut?

Damn it. I'm 132 now on my Executioner run, first time doing the whole run through the CDs and I'm stuck now at Amygdala. Before that it was the Watchdog. No matter what I do, I can't get past Amygdala. I can't dodge him reliably either. And it turns out the cunt is resistant to my Logarius Wheel. Which is just fucking perfect... I don't know why they had to make this chalice a cursed one by default. I don't know what to do at this point. I finished Isz, almost done Loran, and I want to finish Pthumeru.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I might try roots for depth 4 and see if I can get some better radials. I really am starting to hate Bloodborne, which I fucking love, because of this trip putting a bad taste in my mouth.

If you're talking about HMS the only person I've crushed is Felina because he's my friend.

>complains about weapon hitting too hard
We're all friends here, user.

cursed chalice dungeons are pretty maddening on your first encursion. you can summon help though or cheese him with the jumping strat

To Log Wheel Amygdala, do the jump cheese (see webm) and use whatever move you can reliable hit his head with.

I'm guessing tricked R2s will do the trick.

What? I haven't done anything but respect or wave in bbg fightclubs.

I might be shit with the cane but I've stayed pretty true to the character which is good enough for me.

Starting a new build is the most painful thing there is

Thanks for all the fights! I'm leaving. Take care, Anons.

Yeah that was fun. Have a good night.

Maybe if you do them close together, mine have always been spaced out nicely. Now starting a new build is refreshing since I spend all my time in Chalice dungeons.