/xgg/ - Xenogames General #86

nottinn personnel edition.

USE SPOILER TAGS
Please note that Veeky Forums Rule #3 is being enforced.

========== Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ==========
>XBC2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XBC game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/whyaLFk0

>XBC2 Advanced FAQ (Tips, Combat, Quests, Misc, early/mid game and late game separated)
pastebin.com/xr0dT5mq

>XBC2 Blade combo elemental charts
i.imgur.com/JUWNMOw.jpg

>XBC2 Info Doc. Please help contribute
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1INnrigb1ioXWAhHjSYvYZbYzeiokJOzkakpZ2FhZ2-0/edit#gid=2006989440

>Read-Only backup of the Info Doc. - USE THIS if you only intend to look up information. Main doc has a user limit, and will lock people out if the cap is reached.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JGCC9PLsDuBhL7riV3xwCDpUJ2zieEWk

>XBC2 Artbook link
drive.google.com/open?id=1l8EuZcAvfNAVKyHuK6bSr5NxpiaUdXYD

>XBC2 Fanworks
pastebin.com/BLmMUNub

========== Xenoblade Chronicles X ==========
>XBCX Links pastebin
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY
==============================

If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MjlMiVhwSkc
youtube.com/watch?v=DOQ9q4HDb0U&t=2m30s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for big cat

I want to lewd the cat

what do you think tatsu tastes like haha im just curious for laughs haha i would like to taste him

Lin, just fucking eat him already, there is nothing stopping you.

The cat does not want to be lewded by you, unless you're a dumb Northern monkey boy who rummages through wet garbage for a living. She's into that apparently.

He came back for her.
More PyraxNia scenes never though. Not holding out hope the DLC will deliver.

how the fuck do I kill this nigger vengeful waldemar, I'm level 52 with everyone

Did Nomura design Lora and Fan as well?

Then she needs to be force lewded until her shit taste gets cured

anyone else fell for the S+ meme? everything fucking dies to quickly now even super bosses are in their last leg by the third orb, i wish the game capped your level at 60 like x

>levels matter
shouldn't have went full autism them if you wanted "challenge"

youtube.com/watch?v=MjlMiVhwSkc

She will realize that she got no chance.
When the despair sets in, it's anyone's game.
And having felt what love is, her lust might be higher than ever before

Tell me about Jin! Why does he wear the mask when he rejoins your party early chapter 8. Just recently did that section and they didn’t bother giving him an unmasked model for it. He can’t even get Bonus EXP, but you are able to fast travel anywhere with him. Interesting.

They see me sliding
They hatin

All right. I'm at the Pyra or Mythra choice thing for Rex. How does this affect the ending? Spoil me I don't really care.

It just changes what name Rex shouts in cutscenes and who talks in the postcredit scene.

Not just the ending but every following cutscene later it just has the characters call her name based on who you picked.

It is a revolutionary 4th wall breaking moment which allows you to make a choice with your own dick instead of Rex'. It doesn't affect shit aside from which name Rex will shout from now on tho.

>Use driver art recharge pouch items on yourself, use special recharge on party members
>Take a beta scope, platinum belt's and affinities, tyrant ring and affinities
>Break him
>Topple him while dragging out the timer
>Launch him while dragging out the timer
>Break him
>Break him
>etc.
>4 orb full burst

I knew from the outset that breaking the game's established power curve would break the game's established power curve.

The game should have had a level and trust slider so you could make the game harder

You still can't write off all the stats between 65 and 99 off not to mention driver combo success rate increases

She already knows she lost the rex bowl

The game heavily implies that the one you choose is the one Rex actually loves between the two girls.
During the ending, there is a section where Rex and their fused form have a pretty emotional exchange. During that part, Rex addresses her by the name you chose and that name only. Zeke also said to Rex "she's the girl you love" in the singular form in reference to the name Rex is using, something Rex doesn't really deny.
Post credits, they come back, but this time Pyra/Mythra now have separate bodies.
Before the cut to black, the girl whose name you chose mouths something to Rex. We never really hear what she says, but the ending song somewhat implies it might be her returning his feelings.
If you don't care about any of the above, then just choose whoever you want.

It's (kinda) lewd but can someone translate this?
Always wondered what it says.

pleasure of cumming inside cat

>it might be her returning his feelings.
as if it wasn't obvious from the start with Pyra

Well, nothing's confirmed until someone actually says it.

"The pleasure of Rex cumming inside."

This. The only one who truly loved Rex was Nia all along!

Pyra is jealous and trying to copy Nia's appeal at Rex.
Niyah is shocked and worried saying "Pyra...."

Well, Pyra actually said that during her discussion with Corrine.

Exactly. And Rex loves Nia like he loves all of his friends!

>Pyra actually said that during her discussion with Corrine
?

In the JP dub, when Corrine asks her if she hates Rex when Pyra says she shouldn't be by his side, she instantly used 大好き (I love him a lot) instead of correcting Corrine, and it is the exact same formulation Nia used in Elpys.

That could just mean adoration instead of romantic love. I personally think love is a very powerful word. The only time in the game where the word love actually meant romantic love was when Nia said to Rex, and when Zeke said that Rex loves the girl he's talking to.
I don't think any other time in the game love actually meant "romantic love", not even during the speech Rex made at the end of chapter 7.

That's kind of a double standards. for some reason, the way how Nia and Zeke use the word is "obviously romantic", but when it comes to Pyra, it isn't, even after all the obvious development with her, the family H2H in fonsett and that discussion with Corrine? C'mon now.

Just as I said, only Nia loves Rex romantically.
Pyra obviously loves him too but only platonically. There is no romance between them. RIGHT, Right, right? kill me plz

I'm in the camp that doesn't really believe Mythra is a viable romantic interest for Rex at all given the way the game developed their relationship. If we pretend the choice didn't exist, the only person in the game Rex could possibly love is Pyra since their relationship actually developed somewhat. I strongly believe that the two have feelings for each other during the first seven chapters, but again I don't think anyone ever came out and said it Pyra and Rex loved each other before the part with Zeke.

Yep

Report from old thread

The issue with XC2 story is a lack of focus. The writers focus on the wrong thing or don’t build to something when they should have been. Some examples off the top of my head.
>The beginning of chapter 4 where you do some dumb bandit thing that doesn’t advance the story or characters.
>Chapter 7, where they are all gung go to go into the cave that can kill blades and they never question that maybe Rex, Poppi and Tora are the only ones that really need to go.
>The fact that Rex and Pyra are suppose to end up with each other but they never kiss and never express their love but Nia, the character Rex is not suppose to be with, does. It’s also weird as XB1 had a kiss scene despite not trying to be a love story per say
>The fact that Torna was just a bunch of meancing asshole for chapter 1-8 but we are suppose to care about their deaths in Chapter 9
>Dumb anime shit like Jin being able to go the speed of light because why not.

Almost all the problems with the story could have been fixed by just having a proofreader who doesn’t write anime. For instance, in regards to Torna, all you need to have them do is be human for one fucking minute. You already have a character in your group they can relate to. Heck, here is a simple one. In chapter 6, instead of having Torna talk menacingly on the roof in Indol, put them in a back ally near the refugees. Maybe have Mik give a kid some food or money and have the mother say “I’m glad there are people in this world like you.” This off handed scene would have justified his actions in Chapter 9 and would make his death more meaningful rather than the writers hoping that by having all the characters do a 180 in the eleventh hours will make us care about them.

XC2 story is a B-/C+. It has all the workings to be amazing but they fumble the execution. It’s like someone told a 7th grader some amazing ideas and he wrote the story.

I don't even consider Mythra as a legit choice either. What I'm arguing is the fact that "it isn't official unless it was said by that character" is kind of silly considering all the development.

But then again, that H2H in Fonsett can't even be more blatant aside of a confession.

apology for poor english
when were you when nia was cuck
i was fight at el piss listening to rogue rogue everbero multus when rex ring
'nia i love you as friend'
'no'

Yeah. Pyra just want to be his mom.
Nia wants to bump kitties

>anyone ever came out and said it Pyra and Rex loved each other before the part with Zeke.
Gramps said something along the lines of "everyone needs a little romance in his life" during the cutscene after Rex woke up with a hand on Mythra's chest .

Are you talking about what Vandham teaches Rex? I don't remember any "bandit" shit in ch4

Then we might just have to agree to disagree there. I'm just giving the story the benefit of the doubt since the choice between the two of them exists in chapter 8 even though I personally thinks it makes no sense for Rex to choose Mythra. If he was in love with Pyra, then there wouldn't really be a choice for him. Unless we really wanna go with the headcanon that Rex fell on his head really hard falling down to Morytha and forgot about Pyra.
I do believe that given all the developments in the story, Rex and Pyra have feelings for each other. But the fact that for some reason the choice is there makes me hesitate to say it is love.

The kids that steal Roc's crystal and take you to Gormott for some bandit cleansing.
It legit felt like a sdiequest

EMPTY MOMENT

-The detour to Gormott felt like a weird filler, but it actually gives more development to Rex, although it is more in regards to what Vandham taught him.

-They don't know how dangerous Elpys is, let alone if Tora is enough to deal with all that crap. Having the team together isn't nonsensical because they need to protect Rex at all cost.

-You don't need a confession or a kiss scene to confirm a romantic relationship. The fact the majority of the playerbase already saw the couple forming over the chapters is enough just with that. They even spelled it out with third party comment like Zeke's.

-The game always tried to give some nuances when it comes to Jin and Malos, and even Mik. Sure, Akhos and Patroka are bunch of psychos, so I also think their flashbacks were pretty badly handled and timed, but there was always some shade of grey, and it isn't like Rex has forgiven them either. Understand one's war is one of the themes of the game.

-Jin moving at the speed of light is no worse than god doing anything they place or failing to one shot kill people when they could have done that for a long while.

I also don't get why you need that for Mik. Mik questioned Torna's objective thrice in the game. He was definitely not sure if Jin really meant it when it comes to destroy everything, which also implies Jin's mistaken or lost in whatever he's trying to do.

fuck

We actually agree, but I think you put too much credit on the choice itself. As far as I'm concerned, the choice was pretty much there so Mythra fans wouldn't get annoyed by that (because she is the original, she has better looks or whatever the argument it may be), but even then, it is painfully obvious she didn't get enough development, let alone romantic interactions with Rex.

That's why I think it is best not to think the choice is there to make both girls "legit" for romance interest. In fact, it doesn't have the same build up as a dating sim, where you have several choices that lead to the natural pairing with the heroine you have chosen, whereas in XB2, it is 1 single choice which doesn't make any sense in term of character and narrative.

MEH MEH MEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHH UGH ARGH *dying gurgling noises* Send Tora's body back to Torigoth...
WH-WHAT HAPPENED?
MASTERPON, YOU CAN DO IT!

That's true. But again, I'm not the director of the game. Only he knows why he put that choice there whether or not it's to please Mythra fans or not. Mythra being so underdeveloped for who is apparently is meant to be the "other heroine" is one of my biggest gripes with the story. But given that picking Mythra for the choice pretty much makes Rex switch from having feelings for Pyra to loving Mythra instead during the ending in such a jarring way really grinds my gears a little especially with that scream. So who knows at this point what's up with the choice that got added.

The choice itself either devalues any previous non-existent Mythra developments or Pyra's. It doesn't make sense at all if you think about it.

Pyra's just a tulpa. Save the girl that made it as a desperate cry for help.

Needs a Nia version

Melia and Dunban fucked

Exactly. I think it makes more sense for Rex to choose Pyra since the game doesn't really do much to establish as though Rex and Mythra had the same kind of relationship Rex had with Pyra. The fact that some people argue threesome really makes my head spin since the choice is practically screaming that the name he chose meant something to Rex over the other girl, especially when Zeke said that is is love.

It's with Pyra that Rex made his promise that got him started on his journey.
It's with Pyra that Rex had the campfire scene
It's Pyra that Rex took to Fonsett to see his parents.
It's Pyra that had the discussion with Brighid
It's Pyra that Rex and the party had to save from Tantal's cannon.
It's Pyra that threatened to kill herself if Jin hurts Rex
It's Pyra that had her memories if Rex stolen
And if the translation is correct, it's mainly Pyra Rex was addressing during the speech in chapter 7.
Oh, and it's Pyra that was standing beside Rex when they were chatting with Klaus.

All Mythra really got was that gag where she woke up in his bed, as well as that small scene in chapter eight. For someone who's meant to be the other main heroine, this really shouldn't be happening. Which is why I think the choice itself is stupid, but for some reason is still there and seems too important to ignore.

>It's Pyra that Rex took to Fonsett to see his parents.
Not only that, but Rex didn't feel the need to mention Mythra as his second patner or something (and not that instead of "I know you'd like her" comment in English, he says "She is a precious person to me" in JP).

At this point, I think Mythra is still in love with Addam but can't help but care about Rex considering how similar he is and how Pyra cares about him and wasn't meant to be a second heroine from the get go.

Nia gave up her life for Rex
Mythra unsealed herself to save rex when she intended to simply fade away

Pyra was just a hug pillow for rex's mommy issues

Yeah. The closest stretch anyone could make at that point was the earlier mythra bed scene in mor ardain and that she woke up at all in the vandham fight

Memes aside, Nia knew 100% that Rex wasn't going to return her feelings. She didn't get cucked, she knew she had already lost

>literally 5 seconds later says that Rex reminds Mythra of him

>el piss

That's the problem. You need serious mental gymnastics to prove anything related to Mythra and even
>hurr durr she saved him in ch. 3
is nothing like the start of the game when Pyra fucking brought him back from death by sharing her life force.

I wonder what nips think about the choice issue and who they generally ship.

The nips have absolute shit taste and I wouldn't be surprised if they prefered Mythra.

Pyra's a tulpa. She doesn't have a life

>Burger's prefer the Faker over the real deal
Can't argue there

If Pixiv art is any indication ホムラ(ゼノブレイド2) has 4 pages whereas ヒカリ(ゼノブレイド2) has 2.

As far as I could see on twitter, those who picked Mythra generally
-Felt bad if they chose Pyra while it is actually Mythra in front of Rex during that choice
-They prefer Mythra

I never saw any nip saying it makes more sense to be Mythra in term of romance. In fact, most don't immediately realize it would affect Rex "feelings" until it was too late.

Did anyone check 2ch?

The fact that it doesn't look like a normal choice and the fact that you can't change it back to the other one in the options is just screaming that the choice is an important one.
I don't get people who try to argue that
>it's just an unimportant cosmetic choice
When Zeke literally said in the ending that
>She's the girl you love.

>that Shitan
What did they mean by this

Is there really nothing besides one wooden chest at the Geothermal Mining Plant?

There is nothing wrong with loving Tulpas.

Doesn't look like it after the ending.

Pyra is for?

Main purpose is Tattoo'd Hugo

Why was he such an asshole
Why does Takahashi always have these kinds of characters in his games

hand-holding

lewd

>Rex with Pyra art on the game's regular case
>Rex with Mythra art on the steelbook case
Mythra is truly a patrician's choice.

youtube.com/watch?v=DOQ9q4HDb0U&t=2m30s

Pyra is the canonical choice though for Rex.

>yfw new quests are all Mythra-centric

True love

Canonical for Nintendo PR team?

I love her so much bros

Zeke's waifu, not yours.

Can you even afford a computer and internet Zeke?

Rex's blade is looking fine.

Delete yourself.

If you equip pandy on rex enough times, Zeke leaves your party permanently. pic related

I want to _______ Pyra.

not choose