pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34

>What to Play
pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/CTJ0hpLe

>News
Crawl tourney has begun
crawl.develz.org/wordpress/trunk-updates-and-0-21-tournament-release-info

New gigantic DDA mod release that lets you win DDA!
github.com/tyrael93/Ascension/releases

IVAN 0.51 released
github.com/Attnam/ivan/releases/tag/v051

New Sil fork out.
github.com/sil-quirk/sil-q/releases

ADOM r81 released for free, get it here (!!!includes star sign selection!!!)
adom.de/home/downloads.html

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>Roguelike Servers:
roguenex.us/ (CDDA, angband, PCB)
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)
hardfought.org/ (Nethack and variants, including slex)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/F9hagVL-__c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for roguelite-likes

ah shit forgot to take that bit about the crawl tourney out

how do i make a car good in cata. mine always run out of fuel or break

>1 Swordmaster
>2 Knight
>3 Hunter
>4 Pirate
>5 Adventurer
>6 Force User
>7 Bard
>8 Hero
>9 Force Knight
>0 Ninja
>trips off by one Tourist

Class rolling for OWH runs.

abandon thread, this one is already ruined

Why does everyone hates fun?

everybody in this thread hates fun. The idea of fun to a rogueliker is dying, so that shoudl explain your question

before it run out of fuel put more fuel in it
also there shouldn't be a hole in the fuel tank
hope this helps

>Vehumet doesn't offer me shatter despite me training almost exclusively earth

Shitty god, why do I worship him?

He never offers me spells I want. I generally just take a god like Nemelex, who can carry you as if you were playing him rather than your own character, on casters. By the time he falls off at all (near the end of the game if just doing 3 runes) I've likely found spells I want to use or switched to being a melee for a particularly good wep.

>CDDA
>Set up a temporary base with a welding rig and efficient enough solar power to use it almost limitlessly
>Spend a few days starting a mobile base build off an old hippie van with a souped up engine
>Take the walls and back off so I can make it wider and longer
>Realize I might need more wheels, so I check the surrounding area for cars
>Find an alley I never explored
>There's a fucking flatbed truck back there that would make a much better mobile base and basically just needs some wheels
Fuck
>Find an APC on the way home
Fuck

I'm probably still going for the flatbed, since I intend to park it outside of towns rather than driving it through danger, and I'd rather have the fuel efficiency (and weight capacity/replaceable wheels) than the armor, but still
Guess I'll slap enough wheels on this hippie van to get it puttering out of my garage and start over.

Here I made you this

here is a secret bestesteverplayerâ„¢ tip, 95% of "tavern memes" aren't just memes and this is one of them, vehumet really is a substandard god

Wait no this ones better

crawl really should replace some of the redundant bolt spells though
just don't make the replacements worse like they did with glaciate

>Get 8
>Become a fucking furry
cruel

HOH

Neat.

>ded general
>ded genre

who are you quoting

Myself

Ascension-user, you're great. Like your mod. I hope you'll continue do stuff like this for CDDA, man

Maybe I'm just making excuses because I'm tired of losing but I honestly feel like unless I get lucky and either find a holy shrine and a way of opening or a bunch of allies early on there is no way I can win this.

What are you trying to do? The 1000km thing?

Defeat the demon lord of course

There's no way I'll be able to reach 1000km in this difficulty, I could do it on afternoon stroll but not on grueling campaign.

Thank you
I've actually updated it a couple times in the meantime, once because people were wondering why megabears weren't dropping megabear skulls for the altar, so I just renamed it to zombie megabear skull

There's 3 sprites/portraits for each class, M/F/EX.

For example, Tourist's C sprite is a girl in a bunny suit.

I know, I own the game.

So I finally got my first rune, Shoals. have a +4 battleax of flaming, and a +3 platemail and some boots. Can I handle slime? I have no rPois so spider is out and I've heard bad things about Vaults.

he doesn't offer shatter because it's not a conjuration spell

MiBe, axes at 18,0, which is better overall? thanks!

well, I got killed by a fire crab, though I still wonder what would be better

>7DRL
>Implying most of these faggots haven't been working on their shit before the contest started

Executioner's axe you piece of shit

cheers, even though it was not as enchanted compared to the other axe?

probably the broad axe

exe axe has much higher base damage than broad axe
however, it requires 26 skill to reach mindelay

the broadaxe may be worth using against liches and orbs of fire and the like, though it's best if you have a shield to wear alongside it and those can't be quickly swapped in

Take the broad axe and raise shields.
Become the qw.

The broad axe. Antimagic is a better brand than chopping and you are still quite a way from reaching min delay on executioner. Probably not worth further enchanting the antimagic axe however, since it will be entirely outclassed once you do reach min delay.

>believing Yermak is human

doesnt that guy play like all day and half of night every day

>game's going great
>everything is awesome
>suddenly, Vashnia
>shoots me once for 1/3 of my HP
>fortunately, I'm positioned right by a corner
>duck behind it and read ?tele
>tele kicks in
>drops me back in LOS of Vashnia and two other sharpshooters
>try to ?fog and escape
>get ded instead
Fug.

meme elves

>Playing a knife ear.
Shame.

Tele is always a death trap. It'll always send you into more danger.

You mean 2000km?

>go for water
>get ambushed by beavers
I guess I really shouldn't be surprised, considering I ran into a particularly aggressive moth earlier.

im doing it, copy and paste final pay off!

roguelike will revolutionize genre, usher new era!`

Please save /rlg/ user, we are counting on you

Corrupted Lands is pretty hellish.

What would you do if you got a wand of wishing (1:1) in real life?

Erase life and any future chance of it coming again.

engrave elbereth

Blessed greased rustproof +2 eternal happiness

i don't get the point of wishing for money or power or sex when you're only doing that to get at the end goal of happiness anyways

>after a year of getting closer and closer, forced myself to shutdown a budding relationship with a cute girl because she's my subordinate, ten years younger than me, and has a boyfriend
>as a foreveralone
>on my birthday
What's the best roguelike to play when your shit's completely fucked up?

DDA

Why did /rlg/ abandon the way of the tum?

>successful enough to have subordinates
>still playing roguelike games

I don't understand at all.

More wands of wishing
Im very smart yeah

Roguelikes are the key to success.

>only 6 days left to finish my game for the tournament
Crawl is hard.

Some of us still pray at the temple of the tummy.

What roguelike is this?

elona

Just get a lobotomy then

youtu.be/F9hagVL-__c

To all the splats over the decades.

Is there anything that protects against antimagic? I mean I got 100% silence resist but I'd be dead meat if I didn't have the stone wall cape everytime they get rid of my sustained shit.

Nope!

not-being-in-los protects against it and every PC has access to track

>mages aren't weaker than melee

who was that user last thread that was insisting mages in DCSS were better than melee

They have higher peaks but lower valleys, and living a long time in a roguelike is all about the valleys

Always take Animal Discord. Everything in the game is out to kill you, so you might as well take the character points for it.

there's a big fuckin difference between
>see moose 50 tiles away at the edge of LOS
>just ignore it because it clearly doesn't care and won't unless you get much closer
vs
>see moose
>sprint as fast as possible in the opposite direction because it is aggroed on you now and is gonna try to kill you

Am I supposed to grind to 50 before high peak or will I be ok at 44? normal difficulty

you can't even grind except farportals anyways

There should be possessed iron boars in DCSS that are immune to melee and missile weapons and single target spells. The only way to kill them is area of effect spells. Allies won't attack them at all.

this guy used chei's first ability to put slow status on antaeus, then chei's second ability to blink antaeus away, then while antaeus was slowly trudging through leda's liquefaction with cheislow on him, hammered him with that sweet +9 triple crossbow with pProj and 61 strength

whoops

>Multi-hued drake with buff purging breath

Will things get better?

>drinking a removed potion

zigscumming in earlier versions was more fun because you could stack up 30 potions of benemut, quaff them all at once, then lock in all the mutations with lichform. Now you can't quite do that, best you can do is roulette for a dozen potions until you get something sorta good.

also,
>tfw no more decks for non-nemelex followers
evocations are getting so gimped

wan't nemelex moved to invo because "lmao pakellas is evo we don't need two evo gods, also we're removing pakellas"

Would going for non-caster gods on a merfolk IE be a good idea? Dude's got shit apts for everything but ice, so I fail to see how vehu/kiku/sif would be a good idea, but I'm also a badplayer and don't know things.

Moose should really be faster in the game.
Also, as solitary herbivores, less enthusiastic about attacking you, but that's a different issue.

He did? Fucking devs. When they first brought in lamps/phials/fans, using 1 lamp didn't make all lamps inert, so you could have 3 lamps/phials/fans and fire them off all in succession in a zig, and by the time you used the 3rd in the set, the 1st one would be recharged, was pretty fun. Also why did they remove the air elemental summons from fan of gales? Fan seems really weak without them, unless it recharges really fast.

merfolk is really strong, good apts for fighting/dodging/ice and an amazing apt for polearms means that you have a ton of XP to spare. If you go vehumet or sif you are very likely to get some nice ice spells, so I think that they are viable gods for him. But other gods are also viable for merfolk, just because merfolk is so good.

IE like to do melee in general, and Mf are especially suited to it.
Stop at ozoarmor and ice beasts and then go full into meleefightman. You can train some more magic skills if you find any nice buffs or summons to help you tab better.
Polearms melee has great synergy with summons.

CDDA: What's the difference between clothing that "won't let water through" and one that "keeps you dry in the rain"? I've seen some with both, and some that don't have both.

If "won't let water through" doesn't keep off rain then what the fuck does it do?

They only really aggro when in spring because it's mating season. There's even a description for it.

well cdda also has swimming so presumably it's useful there
like an umbrella will stop rain just fine but i can't use it to dive into the river

I don't know what the difference is, since I'm pretty sure "won't let water through" also keeps off rain.
Maybe "keeps you dry in the rain" also protects body parts it doesn't cover?