/2hug/ touhou general

Previous thread: >So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Where should I start?
The games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there. Some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway.

1: Arkanoid's drunk abusive cousin.
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5, 15.5: Fighting games.

The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist. Once you're done with the main series you can move on to the fangames, of which some are of excellent quality.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/ (For separate game downloading)

nyaa.si/view/979648 (All in one pack)

>Touhou Project Official Material Reading/Playing Guide
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>Game running at 30000FPS? Game screen size not to your liking? Experiencing some input lag? Download Vpatch and apply it.
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Game_Tools_and_Modifications#Vsync_Patches

>eraTohoK (plus other era games)
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd

>Touhou 16 and 15.5 on steam! Please support the official release.
store.steampowered.com/app/745880/__Hidden_Star_in_Four_Seasons/

store.steampowered.com/app/716710/_Antinomy_of_Common_Flowers/

>1cc charts! (Updated for AoCF)
imgur.com/a/Mkl4Q

>Why the moon is important and should be cherished
sciencenordic.com/what-would-we-do-without-moon

>PoFV and Soku Netplay Guide! (Needs your help!)
imgur.com/a/ZCGuE

>Fangames pastebin (Contains a fixed version for game breaking bug in FMW2)
pastebin.com/Jc2e0wLm

Other urls found in this thread:

personaproblems.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Futo is perfect in every way

I'm back.

>Get 4 trading cards on steam from playing the game
>Reimu's card is 94 cents
>Clownpiece card is 64 cents
>Patchouli card is 53 cents

If these sell I can buy the DLC just from playing the game, honestly, Trading cards are the best feature on steam. Hell, I bought this game from trading card money in the first place.

>Moonbitches OP
>Don't include best moonbitch

Why do you keep posting Lunarians?

>no number
>no Touhou is a video game
>no edition
Though I guess it's Moon edition.

Oh shit, the game has trading cards? I can see those cards being really popular with waifufags.
If it has cards for all playable characters I might even have to get one of my waifu.

>neet
>best moonbitch
user please

a fucking leaf

So I picked this up just yesterday and it's not even that bad of a game, the worst part of it is the absolutely butchered localization
>Hermits are now Sages
>Celestials are Angels
>"Yokais"

What'd you expect, user? It's fucking NISA, the same idiots responsible for butchering Ys.

I didn't even know what to expect. I've yet to play the Ys series. So I've no idea how bad they really are. Well at least until now
>Futo calling Miko the princess
>Kasen introducing herself as a sage

What kind of a game is it? Turn based strategy?

Why not gamble and try your luck?

I can see Canada from my house. I've got a row of trees growing but they take time.

It's like the Pokemon mystery dungeon games.

Something about this isn't worded right.

What Ys game are we talking about? Oath in Felghana on Steam was fucking amazing and I didn't notice any blatant errors in dialogue.

Tempting but I'll pass, it'll take ages to sell anyway and someone would just keep one-upping me in prices. Besides who the hell would spend that much money anyway?

Who would you like to see as a main character next?

That's... somewhat interesting. Is the translation at least funny bad?

My wife

But Kaguya is the only likable lunarian.
Reisen is likable too, but she's a bunny, not a lunarian.

>Kaguya.
>Likeable.

Haha. No.

>We had to go there

Uh, is that like cut off?

The Disgaea translations are mostly pretty good.

It's not funny in the awkward way, it's just irritating. Hermits being Sages, Miko being the "Princess" instead of Crown Prince, Celestials being referred to as angels. Then some weird stuff like somethings not being translated, they leave the SDM area as the Koumakan and the bestiary gives the japanese names for the games the characters come from instead of Double Dealing Character or whatever.

To be honest, for an end boss Kaguya is an extremely bland, forgettable character. What does she have, apart from the whole NEET meme? She's Kaguya-hime from the fairytale, Ok. And the whole Mokou thing. That's it. Even ZUN doesn't seem to like her.

Someone crop this Reisen out with the dialogue intact please.

Sounds like it was translated by someone who doesn't know anything about touhou. For a franchise with as many fans as touhou they should really let someone familiar with the setting check the translation.

Tenshi.

That's what I was thinking too. It's probably pretty accurate, but translated and localized by a team that doesn't know anything about touhou lore.

What did Reisen mean by this?

Cheeky cunt aren't you.

That's a shame. I have a weird fondness for so bad it's good translations. Including the earlier Touhou ones.

She's gonna fuck you up with her lunatic red eyes.

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, there was a lot of localization goofs regarding grammar, typos and overall weird/stupid choices for dialogue, names and locations, most infamous of all of course being "Archeozoic Big Hole" when the original was "Crevice of the Archeozoic Era".

She's trying to say she's no longer just a useless bunny only good for sex appeal. She's wrong.

Incorrect.

It's not even anything like that. It's just stupid stuff that fucks up the lore. I got confused when Futo was introducing herself as a Shikaisen trying to become a sage.

Aunn. She looks like the kind of dog that can get things done.

But she's joining us in our battle so she's neither fucking us up or useless.

Her secondary attack is her gun which she fires in spurts at medium range, her primary attack is shooting lasers out of her eyes that go at a long distance. In theory she seems good, but let's see how that fairs in practice. I don't know what her bomb does yet.

I would actually like to see more Aunn in future Touhou games. Not only is she freaking adorable, she's also one of the rare few genuinely sympathetic characters.

Ceiling Aunn is watching you always.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

HOLY FUCK I ALMOST HAD A HEART ATTACK.

Do you think she gets turned on watching Reimu fuck people?

This stupid tiger.

Given the fact that she's the closest thing to a candidate from HSiFS since Stage 5 was occupied by the backup dancers, I wouldn't be surprised if she at least made a playable appearance in a spinoff or the next Phantasmagoria, if THAT ever happens.

Reimu is still pure. For now at least, all bets are off when Yukari marries her off to keep the hakurei bloodline going.

Smart doggo

>All bets are off when Yukari marries her off to keep the hakurei bloodline going.
What kind of a guy do you think Yukari is going to pick for her?

why do people hate her

A cool guy, like Marisa
Manipulating the boundary between male and female should be no problem for Yukari after all

What about Narumi? She's a magician, that has to earn her playable character status at least once.

Quite the description for bune.

Reimu reproduces through parthenogenesis.

She acts smug and powerful when she's just a shit tier baka Tanookee

Smartest dog.
do you think she'll be able to uncover Kasen's secrets and be able to make Reimu money?

Oh no! It's blue Yuuka!

Most likely. Aunn knows bullshit

I like Shou but I honestly forgot she exists.

She was probably watching kasen readjust her horn-balls when she was watching over the shrine when Reimu was sick.
Only she truly knows what lays beneath!

These enemies are suicide bombers and do a ton of damage at close range.

Your face is a blue yuuka!

Wait a minute, we have Red Yuuka, Green Yuuka and Blue Yuuka, what happens if we mix them all together? White Yuuka?

To be fair, most people just remember her for the same reason why they remember Clownpiece. Pain.

No. we have Yuuka, Red Yuuka, and Blue Yuuka.
Get it right, filthy friend__

Kasen is lucky that almost everyone in Gensokyo has some kind of hat or other shit on their head, otherwise she would have been exposed long ago.

So...Yukari?

Not enough pain that she became somewhat infamous for getting plenty of guro doujins just to express how much complete and utter HATRED they had towards her boss fight, though.

You didn’t post her enough

But Yukari is purple. It's literally even her name.

Was that actually a thing? Wow.

I'll just post this here

For Clownpiece? Fuck yes, quite a bit of her doujin stuff ended up being guro at first just because she was one of the most obnoxious boss fights in a long time and no one could git gud.

>yuri

delet

the 2hu doujin base is rather unrelenting it seems.

Well alright then Reisen.

I'm almost certain these translators frequent /jp/.

>Hag
Everyone knows that Yukari is a slim and sexy 17 year old girl.

I want to steal Tenshi's peaches

BASED REISEN DROPPING THE HAG TRUTHBOMBS

It would be extremely painful. For you.

Ys8 Steam version.

NIS somehow pinched the license rights from XSeed despite the latter having a long working relationship with Falcom. What was released was a huge silly unedited/proofed mess of a localization which was too stupid to even accuse of being machine translated which there was mass outcry over.

The bright side is the publicity lash was huge enough that even Falcom took official note of it and NIS ended up recalling the game to work on it to re-release later this or next month I think it was which is rare.

Disgaea is basically their flagship baby. If they fuck that up they'd be out of a job, not that it doesn't stop alot of their localization still being buggy messes.

What sorcery is this?

Is the game actually enjoyable?

How do you even pronounces "Ys"?
'whys'? 'yeast'?

>has sword in right hand in game model
>has it in her left in art
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Cotton candy

Oh fuck, we can upgrade our gear thanks to Kogasa now!

I've already said it last thread, but basically, fuck yes it is. It's an absolute steal at the 10 dollar price. And with how absurd the trading cards cost you can buy the DLC just from playing the game.

Honestly I'd argue that isn't as bad if the translator simply not being a fan is the only problem. You can easily make out what is going on and it's a matter of switching out names. Even the best translators can make weird mistakes when they lack a proofreader.

We've seen so much worse and remember where games have been translated by people who obviously don't even speak a lick of English compounded with no proofreader. Most recent other major example I can think of is Super Robot Taisen Moon Dwellers which is Duwang tier.

But there is the other extreme which doesn't get talked about as much where the translator is obviously fluent and knows the material but for ungodly reason decides to rewrite the script for no fucking reason. Result is you have absolutely pointless name changes which sometimes even end up changing the story and references. Entire characters are completely altered and dialogue is inserted not to help understand but just for the sake of localization.

Fire Emblem Fates and Persona 5 comes to mind as some really recent perfect example of this kind.

Oh man, you can upgrade both your primary and secondary attacks with Kogasa, Tenshi can swing her sword faster, Reisen takes less time to reload, Cirno can increase her range, etc.

*Everyone knows that Yukari's true form is too horrible for mortal minds to comprehend.

What'd persona 5 do to fuck that up? I beat it just a week ago and I didn't catch anything odd, granted it's the only persona I've played. Fates was a fuck up for real though, on every account.

>the translator is obviously fluent and knows the material but for ungodly reason
They don't like the character and they're a nerd on a power trip or they're a sjw who thinks the character is 'problematic' and they're also a nerd on a power trip. They giggle while they do it.

Now if only she got rid of the stupid Hawaiin holiday outfit and let Kasen handle her wardrobe because she rocks that jacket like no tomorrow.

The only thing it really did odd was some minor things that I personally think people overreact with.

It's mostly just the voice director fuck-up more than anything, but the way they annunciate some last names is odd as fuck.
Like how they say Ann's last name. The rest is negligible.

Here's the first bit I didn't get to show you of the playable characters.

These guys have really good taste in 2hus.

I'm more bugged by the lack of story consequences for choosing to date one of the party members, it was kinda lame honestly.

Hasn't that pretty much been a trend since Persona 3 though?

I can hear the banjos

fucked if I know. 5 was the only persona I played.

she's great

personaproblems.com/

They're apparently numerous enough that you can write a dissertation about it. I do know a few pretty well respected professional translators who do talk about P5's localization being rushed and middling occasionally so it seems fairly known.

Is TD cast available?