What caused the Civil War, Veeky Forums?

What caused the Civil War, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PWJpwc21Ft4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

whos the big guy?

Mr. Brown

Slavery

and the state's rights... to own slaves.

Negroes selling their kin to Whites

German money
Corrupt beaurocrats
Discontent from the Great war

Lincoln's mania for autogenocide.

No, the only Civil War that matters.

i bet you supported the supreme court overruling the states on gay marriage too

The South wanted the Federal government to uphold their laws regarding slaves.

The North wanted to maintain their states right to not recognize slavery as legitimate.

Something had to give.

No. That's just historical accuracy.

Immigrants from Scotland and Ireland instigated the war. They love wars, but not as much as Germans.

Immigrants from Germany started coming after the war. Imagine what those warmongers could have done.

Why is this same thread being posted so often?

>w-why doesn't the supreme court just let the states do whatever they want?
>it's almost like we have a constitution

States rights
/thread

>States rights
... to own slaves

No, states rights entirely. The intention of the north was to destroy states rights so the conspiracy could consolidate power. Slavery was just the first domino. It worked, and it went from being "These United States" to "The United States"

The Yugoslav wars were unironically started by a states rights issue as well.

>hey let's have a powerful centralized government enforce it's will on people far away
>surely that's what the founding fathers had in mind
>what do you mean the constitution was intended to prevent that, don't you know it's a living document :^)

Where in the constitution does it say fags can marry?

New York has no authority over Georgia

Nigger the Constitution was designed to have a stronger federal government, if that wasn't the goal then they'd have stuck with the Articles of Confederation. Also the founding fathers were by no means a monolith, they had profound disagreements on many issues. The Constitution was a heavy compromise by a large number of different interests. It was not Godking Jefferson's mind straight to the page while Emperor Madison watched on and smiled.

Because the bourgeoisie were upset with their lack of representation in the government and feared that their previous rights would be abolished, also the fact that Charles married a catholic, a French catholic at that, during the great European wars of religion further escalated tensions.

[spoiler] as England is the most important country to ever exist this is what you should first think offf when you hear civil war

South wanting to keep their slaves to prop up their dying economy for a little longer
North wanted to impose their hegemony on the south, a culturally, politically, and economically different region
>but muh states rights
yeah states rights to practice slavery

>It was not Godking Jefferson's mind straight to the page while Emperor Madison watched on and smiled.
prove it

>immigrants from Scotland and Ireland started the war
of all the shit I've heard, this is a new one
t. Irishman

well they did and they showed it
with force

The South was booty-blasted that through the process of local democracy, newly forming states were mostly voting in favor of being free states. They worried that with all these new states choosing non-slave status that they'd lose even more influence in congress, and that the free states would more and more vote in favorable economic legislation that benefited them instead of plantation owners. The South, in typical fashion, was being fucking stupid, childish, and shortsighted, for failing to see that their economic model (slavery), morality issues aside, was simply unsustainable in the long run and would have only amplified the disparity between them and the more prosperous North.

No matter how secessionists argue, it all leads to slavery.

There are two points from which can be interpreted-

All citizens are equal under federal law
Any document valid in one state is valid in another

A marriage license from one state remains valid in another, any federal court would upohold that.

Whether or not they could marry in a specific church, no, but they would be married regardless.

Vice President of the CSA does not agree with you.

"Our new Government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition."

Washington has authority over both.

Slave state rights

Based James Brown

Britain.

But the failure of the North was to do nothing to try and bring the South up to a level of industrialization where slavery no longer becomes the best economic model. The slave/free divide was entirely an economic issue and it's no coincidence that the Northern states that owned slaves abolished it as soon as they reached a certain level of industrialization.

>youtube.com/watch?v=PWJpwc21Ft4

>Any document valid in one state is valid in another
That is an abolition of local government
>All citizens are equal under federal law
So why can't pedos marry children? Why can't zoophiles marry horses?

If you think that those things are the same as same sex marriage, I feel really bad for you. Did you not see the thread the other day?

>horses are citizens in the south

>If you think that those things are the same as same sex marriage, I feel really bad for you.
UGH I CAN'T EVEN
No, they're property. Shouldn't that make it even right?

I don't think you can marry your property, but some states allow animal fucking.

>An agreement between two, consenting citizens is the same as a citizen attempting to marry property as if it were a citizen

No last time I checked my computer wasn't a US citizen. I wish I could marry it tho. 2D waifus a best

On the other hand - that's really something you shouldn't need to make a law to prevent.

Buchanan.

>Southern States no longer wanted to be a part of the United States
>Lincoln didn't accept the southern states' right to succeed, despite the United States being founded on the right of self-determination
>Then he repeatedly invaded the south to force them to remain a part of the Union, without asking Congress to declare war because he didn't need to declare war because this isn't a war, I'm just collecting taxes.
>But it's also okay if I suspend habeas corpus and lock up the Legislature of Maryland to stop them from voting to succeed, because we're at war.
End of story.

The biggest social justice warrior of all time.
Got what he deserved.

>The founders wanted a central government slightly stronger than the articles of confederation so it's okay if it gets so powerful and tyranical that all the powers specifically set aside to the states is usurped :^)
>what's wrong. the founders wanted this. :^)

>what is firing upon Fort Sumpter?

>succeed

It's "secede", user.

fuck

what is the right to self-determination, user?
when a people no longer want to be ruled over, they always have the right to remove the government they no longer recognize.

What about a man's right to be born free and equal in rights?

Some people in early colonial America were lazy fucks who didn't want to build a proper business so they brought over Africans.

The continued to be lazy and brought more and more.

We've been paying ever since. We should send the direct decedents of large plantations to Africa as revenge.

that's literally exactly what I'm saying, user
slavery is an abomination
Do you realize the fallacy of enslaving everyone in the southern slaves, rejecting their autonomy and forcing them to remain in the union and pay their taxes to a government they did not recognize, in order to "free" the slaves who are now just as enslaved as their previous masters without the right of self-determination.

That would rather imply slavery was not a great moral evil.

John Brown was a hero.

>Go around murdering people for living by the laws of the land
>hero

>slavery was always cruel and immoral
>most slaves were cognitively impaired savages incapable of taking care of themselves and got fed and housed for minimal amounts of farm work
kys

Morality and the law are not synonymous. A man must make a stand against an unjust law, a violent one if the cause is great enough.

Such hatred and revisionism makes me question your cognitive ability, rather than that of the slaves.

Why should he make a stand against an unjust law that not only doesn't harm him, but also could benefit him? Who is he to decide what is unjust on behalf of other people?

A man with moral certainty vindicated by history.

Had he been wrong, he would have been just another terrorist crank, he wasn't. Slavery was an abomination.

All Men Under God, you piece of shit.

Because those are breaking laws. Homosexuality does not.

We really should have just let them leave.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

And the now foreign government has the right to retaliate for the assault on their power.

>We want to be our own nation
>Okay cool but we stop you now
>N-no! You can't do that!

for you

so to you it's literally just a matter of might makes right then?
If you can successfully conquer a people, then its totally cool to do so?
By that logic slavery is totally fine. Is that what you're saying?

Nope. Because the people who said so kicked your ass.

The south chimped out

Modern southerners have deluded themselves into thinking it was about state's rights

One of these dumbass states rights threads again
YES IDIOTS THE WAR WAS OVER THE STATE'S RIGHTS TO OWN SLAVES JUST AS A MILLION OTHER PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD HAVE SAID! STOP MAKING THESE DUMBASS BROKEN RECORD THREADS

>sodomites are degenerates
What else is new
You can't marry property just like you can't marry a man.
>the state determines what is right
kys

A response to an act of war (Placing a fort on foreign soil)

The slaves had more rights in the fields than in the factories

Sokovia accords

That foreign government had an illegal millitary base on sovereign Confederate soil

Nice try Satan, you almost had me

>slavery apologists
back to fucking /pol/ with you

>Because the people who said so kicked your ass.
So your philosophy is literally the strongest decide the rules, and that makes it right.

I didn't say slavery was good, i said slavery where your needs are provided for is better than slavery where you need to provide for yourself

Better according to who? Should i just enslave you and put you on a cotton plantation now because you think that would be better than fending for yourself? The fucking idiots on this board omfg

>kys
Okay, other reason: an adult can properly consent. A horse cannot. Nor can a child to a pedo. Either way, you're a retard.

Get back in the factory you filthy worker

I'm not who started this initially. I was being tongue-in-cheek.

It ok for me to eat someone alive if they consent?

>"I sure do love freeedom!"

If you're both in your right mind and have a witness? Probably, yeah. Just makes you both freaky.

As to whether or not your state agrees is another question. Like it or not, it's a question you should answer.

>sovereign Confederate soil
The confederacy did not legally exist. All of the territory it controlled was sovereign US soil

>It was about states rights! Those Yankee bastards were trying to strip us of our rights!
>What was the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850

also
>who was Dred Scott

So you're saying the ideal society is where everyone is enslaved by a few wealth landowners on plantations? Your idea is nowhere near as edgy/intelligent/outside the box as you think it is. It's just dumb.

Differences in Economic bases.

>He doesn't want to fucc bois

The North actually gave the South plenty of chances to benefit from infrastructure investment and industrialization. What happened was the aristocratic plantation class knew doing so would erode the old world feudal society they were forming and thus intentionally sabotaged their own states economic well being by opposing infrastructural and economic improvements as they would have rather been kings of a pile of shit than be equals in utopia.

You disgust me. Kill yourself, communist scum.

The Confederate states exorcised their constitutional right to secession
The land was theirs

Are you retarded?

>The North actually gave the South plenty of chances to benefit from infrastructure investment and industrialization.
No they didn't. The plan was to destroy the south so they could get rich. They wanted the war, it was decades in the making.
>intentionally sabotaged their own states economic well being
You're delusional. Do you wear tinfoil?

Answer my question you moron.

SLAVEZ WERE BETTER OFF IN INDENTURED SERVITUDE ON PLANTATIONZ THAN BEING FREE TO WORK WHERE THEY CHOZE!

Fucking retard.

>only option is the factory or mine
>anywhere they want

Total bullshit. The freedom to have the choice is what matters you idiot.

And whether working in a factory or a mine was worse than a plantation is completely subjective.