/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Battania edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Captain MP mode gamplay :
youtube.com/watch?v=c_3el4IAevg
youtube.com/watch?v=JaUBg7Ynmwk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/41

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin/the sub-forum

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/XKxeZX5r

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New Modules :
>Custom Troop Trees
moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees/downloads/custom-troop-trees-03092017
>CTT for Dickplomacy+Polygamy Bugfix
mega.nz/#!dgQSlKhY!qudd7noj5rQHfagLq-adDzn1c7X3HHawmA3TbCy0CH0
>Colorized & Retextured Native UI (finally)
mega.nz/#!M0NGlZ6C!XV6LDLkdMjIGjHZq0kLfFaqZ8J2N8ibW_XBrrLgkom4

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14831270
moddb.com/mods/the-reckoning-third-stage
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Bellingerent Drunk in Bariiye
Haram, HARAM!!!

The absolute state of Wiccans

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

Have you tried waiting for Bannerlord?

he's drunk on faith

opium is a kind of drunk

What are you guys most disappointed about when it comes to Bannerlord?

I don't know yet, try again later.

The focus on multiplayer
It could have already been released if they spent the time on singleplayer instead

>forced to retreat in close battle
>fuck it i'l try again
>save and prepare to try again
>realise my CHAMPION CHARGER turned into LAME
FUCK! FUCK FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!

not sure if there's anything that i've been disappointed by yet
dumb brainlet

I can't play it.

The armor design is the only really concerning thing I've seen so far. And that's pretty fixable.

Only very mildly concerned about the addition of being able to hit multiple people with one swing. Could be very nice for fantasy mods but not sure I want it in native.

>The armor design is the only really concerning thing I've seen so far.
What's wrong with it

It seems to be a deviation from Warband's more realistic (though imperfect) style. With overdesigned fantasy shit like pic related.

what's wrong with it?

I feel pretty strongly about the armor design too, and I'm not as hopeful about it being easily fixed. In the case of warband the models/textures were already so low fidelity it was easier for anyone to tweak and improve it a bit, if not replace altogether.
With bannerlord you'll run in to the problem of anything not high quality enough and matching with the rest of the game's style looking out of place.
There's also the issue of Battanian skyrim armor with this However, one thing I haven't seen mentioned is the uniformity and lack of color, pic related. I understand the desire to make units' faction and rank identifiable at a glance, but I colorful undergarments would do much to liven up the game.

this

It looks like dumb overdesigned fantasy shit, I can't articulate it much better than that. The shoulderpads are a dumb fantasy trope, the armor doesn't seem to have a real historical equivalent and seems to be designed by some dummy who played too much Skyrim, it looks like he's dressed like a dumb furry fish.

The difference is most clear in contrast to what end tier troops in Warband native looked like.

>I understand the desire to make units' faction and rank identifiable at a glance
color could help even more with that is the thing, color is the first thing you notice

I bet a lot less of you would say lance if you actually used manually lance crouching

We've already confirmed that 95% of /mbg/ plays on fucking 1/4 damage to player and the other 5% plays on 1/2.

>not using the lance no matter what for the knightly cred
Also stop projecting

couching isn't even that useful

Couching high tier units in the early game feels pretty good, especially in mods that turn power levels up to eleven

This is Rhodok soil

Rhodok more like rhocuck

t. butternigger

t. mountain jew

Rhodoks are the most overrated trash in the game.

>hey you can waste your life trying to micromanage these retarded fucks into a position they don't get completely destroyed in by superior vaegir archer fire or superior swadian dismounted knights or you can literally go fuck yourself trying to fight nord huscarls (literally unbeatable against rhodoks)
>or you can just play one of the three races mentioned above

strawpoll.me/14831270

Rhodoks getting destroyed in here.

Imagine being this shit

>no Mercenaries (Male(female)) option
trashpoll

>tfw bannerlord is actually going to be bad
brace urselves lads

Thoughts on The Reckoning: 3rd Stage?

moddb.com/mods/the-reckoning-third-stage

t. /v/

/v/ doesn't play mp because they're shit at it

Variety in color, I suppose? From what we've seen all the units of an individual type look the same color-wise, and it's usually very drab.
This mostly applies to the empire, battanians, and sturgians.

Name one game /v/ isn't shit at

tribes ascend

So is Bannerlord going to be on consoles?

what if nevereverlord is released on april 1st

probably, but delayed

Yes it's being developed with consoles in mind

They have also stated an early 2017 release of some kind. Never trust a t*rk.

daily reminder that rhodoks are traps

If only

Mountainblade isn't designed for 100% damage.
Not when early game consists of soloing entire bands of raiders.
Or you can just go for the horse archery meme and be a tryhard.

>Not when early game consists of soloing entire bands of raiders.
Yeah because you absolutely can't afford those 10 denar a piece recruits at the start of the game

>tfw mount and blade will never actually make it so horse archers aren't that amazing like they were in reality

>send recruits against sea raiders
>they die
Money well spent.
I'd be less reluctant to agree with you if mountainblade native had an alternative way of making money and/or establishing yourself.

>tfw it took you 20 years to realize damage to companions -50% also applies to your army so you're 100% cheating

>you have to start with more or less the hardest type of bandit
Looters literally exist for you to beat up on them, and then there are forest and mountain bandits are intermediates.

Although even against sea raiders recruits can be useful as a distraction. A single mail armor is worth many recruits.

Is there even point to use any other melee weapons horseback than lances, spears or perhaps morningstar?

Bow and arrow or crossbow.

>he doesn't stab people with his bow and arrow

>not using an Elite Scimitar

Or throwing spears

Does anyone want to play this?

never ever
LOL

But doesn't that have the same problem most other melee weapons that arent long and cant be thrust for piercing like spears that is the poor peasants often go "yeah nah fuck you" and block your attack just because why the fuck not?

Or am i the only one playing with Combat AI on good?

Works 4 me
If nothing else you can bump into them before striking, or just strike at their backs.

>Or am i the only one playing with Combat AI on good?
apparently you're the only retard who can't fight the dumbfuck AI

I havent played in over a year, is there any new cool hip mods out?

Yeah i know, this just feels so ineffective.
I used Bamboo Spear for a long fucking time, couching obviously but mostly thrusts since couches are on cd and now i bought masterwork hafted blade which frankly feels like shite because it seems like 50/50 some peasant with his club will block it unless i fuck with the AI like you mentioned in
>If nothing else you can bump into them before striking
which just makes it feel dull, kinda like how you can abuse AI in Skyrim by just running around objects, i lose that certain element of immersion when i have to do so to actually be as effective as before.
Why so hostile? I thought we were all freinds here in four-cuck chins? :'(

feint dumbass

>tribes ascend
Don't remind me, I loved it

no
go away

There's literally nothing wrong or abusive about charging your horse into people and hitting them. It works against players too. And then there are simpler solutions like telegraphing your attacks less and feinting.

So 1/4th damage takes care of MB's biggest problem: early game grind.
If you enjoy fighting hordes of looters, more power to you, but I don't.
100% damage you end up cheesing the AI anyway, I'd rather get an army and turtle behind my men anyway.

Or you can just get the timing down for when retard AI tries to hit you and take off their head.

shitters? in MY /mbg/? it's more likely than you think

neber :DDD

Christ m8 stop trying to rationalise your lack of skill with this inane bullshit. You are the one uggesting this dumb soloing hordes of bandits thing and you're clearly too bad at the game to do it efficiently since you're bitching about fighting raiders at normal damage. It's a sandbox and an ARPG where your skill and knowledge of the game make a big difference to how you play it and progress. How grindy or long the early game is entirely up to how bad you are.

>tfw it's only gonna get worse with Bannerlord
pic related is from /v/ though to be clear

>It's a sandbox and an ARPG where your skill and knowledge of the game make a big difference to how you play it and progress
It's a war reconstruction fantasy simulator.
If I want to show off mad skillz and pwn newbz I'll go and play some Counterstrike.
I have literally zero interest in getting good at the mess that is mountainblade combat.
I take no pleasure in the meme that is archery or spinning around missile units like a retard.

>tfw i'm bad at mount and blade but i don't turn down the difficulty because i enjoy the experience of being constantly at risk

> I'll go and play some Counterstrike.
if you're shit at this you're probably shit at CS too
>spinning around missile units like a retard.
???

Pro tip: If you have soldiers for them to shoot at enemy ranged won't shoot at you as much

>???
How do you defeat missile units?
Either you turtle behind your units or you spin around them.
Otherwise you get killed, which you would know playing at full damage.
I know.

I remember I played like 200 hours of M&B thinking it was easy. I only noticed the difficulty settings when Warband released and promptly got raped.

>How do you defeat missile units?
shoot them or advance on them with infantry, or flank them with cav while they're facing infantry

Are you complaining about not being able to ride straight into enemy volleys alone? (which you might actually be able to do with a shield and heavily armored horse, though I wouldn't recommend it against the better ranged factions)

>he doesn't check the options of a game first thing
ever since i played operation flashpoint i always go through all the options of a game in order to rebind all the keys and make sure i'm not missing anything

That's right, you need an army, which you don't get until mid-game.
And I already told you archery was boring as shit and I don't use it.
Or are you going to say get recruits that die in one shot again?
No I'm saying that until you get a decent quality army, you have to cheese the AI to win. Which unless doing tournaments and turtling inside a training field is your only option early game.

My exception: 1257 doesn't have that problem. Somehow you're able to establish yourself without having a massive gaping hole between early and mid game.

Is the correct way to approach a shitter not to approach them at all?

>which you don't get until mid-game.
you can get men way before that
>And I already told you archery was boring as shit and I don't use it.
didn't even mean you, meant use archers
>Or are you going to say get recruits that die in one shot again?
go get mercs then, but you shouldn't be using recruits for battles of that magnitude
have you ever played any kind of strategy game at all

i hope bannerlord adds the option to be recruited for a lord's army so that people who are bad at leadership can still get the joys of being in a large battle

the sequel to this game will not be finished in the foreseeable future

Yeah I learned my lesson, the number of games I played at wrong resolutions, without adjusting mouse sensitivity and other shit was also atrocious.

What a cute steppe waifu.

>tfw you will never have a cute steppefu

I wonder if i did the same thing, the way i remember M&B i used to swear by shields, particularly wearing 2x Huscarl shields just because they broke so easily and otherwise my back would be full of arrows too.

always wearing a shield is a good idea

>tfw have actual steppe waifu
shit is cash

But then where am I gonna put all my 2-handers?

Up your ass you retarded nigger