PlayStation 4 General #501 - /ps4g/ /ps4gen/

Previous thread Nothing Happens Edition

========================================

>Sign-up for the PS4 system update 5.50 beta
gematsu.com/2018/01/sign-ps4-system-update-5-50-beta

>Fate/Extella Link details story, evolved action
gematsu.com/2018/01/fate-extella-link-details-story-evolved-action

>Gundam Versus DLC Mobile Suits ‘Efreet’ and ‘Gundam Pixie’ screenshots
gematsu.com/2018/01/gundam-versus-dlc-mobile-suits-efreet-gundam-pixie-screenshots

>Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5: Dancing Star Night screenshots
gematsu.com/2018/01/persona-3-dancing-moon

>Burnout Paradise HD Remaster coming to PS4 on March 16 in Japan
gematsu.com/2018/01/burnout-paradise-hd-remaster-coming-ps4-march-16-japan

>Assassin’s Creed: Rogue Remastered announced for PS4
gematsu.com/2018/01/assassins-creed-rogue-remastered-announced-ps4

>Gravity Rush 2 online services shutdown delayed to July 19
gematsu.com/2018/01/gravity-rush-2-online-services-shutdown-delayed-july-19

>New Gundam game and another version of existing Gundam game to be announced on January 16
gematsu.com/2018/01/new-gundam-game-another-version-existing-gundam

>Former Evolution Studios leads establish Wushu Studios, working on new sci-fi IP
gematsu.com/2018/01/former-evolution-studio-leads-establish-wushu-studios

>Eight minutes of Monster Hunter: World ‘Rotten Vale’ gameplay
gematsu.com/2018/01/eight-minutes-monster-hunter-world-rotten-vale-gameplay

========================================

>PS4 Pro vs Slim comparison
pastebin.com/JsXvkiYx

>PS+ Current Offerings
(US) blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/
(EU) blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/

>PS Store Weekly Sale
(US) psprices.com/region-us/discounts/?sort=date&platform=PS4
(EU) psprices.com/region-gb/discounts/?sort=date&platform=PS4

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/yuzuemu/status/952461671368478721
dualshockers.com/monster-hunter-world-ps4-pro-france/
gematsu.com/2018/01/sd-gundam-g-generation-genesis-coming-switch-april-26-japan
gematsu.com/2018/01/new-gundam-breaker-announced-ps4
gematsu.com/2018/01/monster-hunter-world-limited-edition-ps4-pro-bundle-launches-january-26-north-america-europe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Discord

Kek

>pcucks have to pay 1200$ for GPU

I used to do contests in vitagen. I stopped when losers would get prissy, but maybe ps4gen will be different. I got overwatch and its pretty fun so its on my mind a lot, even if I'm not any good yet. Post your play of the game, and best one gets a $10 PSN card or equivalent for your country.

Delete this

Discord sounds disgusting. Is this why citrus made it?

Doubt it mate, we're cunts here.

More like

Literally discord

wtf is everyone talking about with this discord shit?

why does gamestop not have a preowned copy of battlefield 1 revolution? is it digital only?

Dont go there

>first 10 posts are about discord

Why do I keep coming here

It's a bully hiding behind anonymity, discord did nothing wrong.

Two gay retards from discord, just ignore them and they'll go back to their nintendos.

Stop it guys

I don't play shit games. Do a contest for something that's not a huge piece of shit, like Nioh or Garou instead if you want me to participate.
Who am I kidding, I almost forgot where I am. Veeky Forums is nothing but normalfags.

Remember to get Digimon this Friday.

im not 7 and i dont plan on having children

Sadly PS4gen is heavily damaged due to the behavior of /v/ so you most likely wont get fuckin anything.
I honestly just want a place where i can talk about PS4 games without some tard coming in and saying that the game is some white genocide propaganda.

you must have forgot where you are. this is Veeky Forums where you get made fun of for being a virgin or being mentally ill. this is a Chad paradise and i have a harem of 10/10 bitches.

>He thinks 2D girls would like him

My waifu loves me. Don't be jealous dumb thot.

Resetera might be more your pace.

They would if I program them to.

Imagine being jealous. Imagine being jealous of anime girls.

Let me guess. You also think Gravity Rush and Persona 5 is SJW propaganda.

No, I like GR and plan on playing Persona. I just suggested it because it seems like you want to only read things you agree with. Try it out, you might enjoy it.

Era is fucking cancer on the level of Gaf. Why the fuck would i fit in there? Regardless i still want to talk about PS4 games without being labeled a shill and without being bombarded with "WHY ARE YOU PLAYING 'KILL ALL WHITE MEN SIMULATOR' ?

I think you're hallucinating nazis, user...

I wish there was a place to make our own. I was going to play Wolf II because I liked the first, but I'm sure some guys are going to get upset over it.

>hallucinating nazis
Horizon Zero White males
Dozo user-kun. But is that really a playstation thing?

tbqh the mc in Horizon looks like an ugly dyke.

Fixed.

twitter.com/yuzuemu/status/952461671368478721
TL note: "yuzu" is Japanese for "citrus".

Border Break will save PS4. Right?

xD

It can't even save this thread.

It's f2p...

Odds of Hokuto No Yakuza getting localized? And should I watch the show?

I slacked so hard last year

Almost certain

Thanks lad what about watching the show

holy shit bros we filled an entire thread to bump limit

This is a new age

Haven't seen it, i can't recommend it or not

Depends. Rate the Jojo parts.

what site brother

mail you get from sony

Only US accounts are getting these emails

dualshockers.com/monster-hunter-world-ps4-pro-france/

JPN PS+ had a lot of great games this month.

Ratchet and Clank and Disgaea 5 are nice additions to the library.
Aaero is FUN and worth a full-price purchase.
Even got a fighting game (Last Blade 2) to mash around in.

I figure I'll ask here. I just started playing Nier Automata. Is there any reason I should ever self destruct? I haven't had a problem with mobs or bosses so I'm not really sure what the point of it is.

If you want to look at 2B's butt

I miss 40-nee-san. Why did she leave?

Is there no other reason? I'm assuming it's a one time thing too

No, it doesn't kill you, it just puts you in a critical state.

He is on discord with shitrus, so think again do you miss him

I would kill him

>/ps4g/ suddenly hates citrus
what happened?

No one hates her, some people just got triggered because they are permavirgins who fap to that faggot from the fate gacha game

but my leaf account got it

>P5 doesn't have a playstation exclusive sticker on the cover
YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT COMING

Explode youself in Yorha's Bunker.

gematsu.com/2018/01/sd-gundam-g-generation-genesis-coming-switch-april-26-japan

Cuckshida strikes again.

I think only you care about this.

Thank you for some of the feedback to my wall of text in the last thread.
To be clear: I am not worried at all about the PS4, it's at the 360 stage of "can't even fuck it up if they tried". Remember when 360 did nothing but Kinnect shit for multiple years and people still bought that console in droves? Yeah.
I just think that Sony needs to buy or bind smaller Japanese publishers like Gust and Xseed and the like. Maybe even buy the Yakuza IP, though that won't happen, with Nagoshi so high up in Segas hierarchy. But at least bind them. I'd say Sony profits more long term from 200,000 sold copies of Artelier or Hyperdimension exclusively on Playstation than whoever is making this trash from 400,000 sold copies on all plattforms so a would be benificial for both.

They are aware that the PC is the big competition, they said as much when they made their argument for the PS4 Pro. Which btw was a great idea in hindsight, because while the Pro does not outsell the normal PS4 I think, it at least changed the conversation about PC vs Consoles. For example Monster Hunter is soon releasing in 1080p/60fps on PS4 so /v/ shitters can't even spam "LOL 30 FPS I'LL JUST WAIT" everywhere on the internet.

But either way, they are aware. Here's to hoping they realise that funding Capcom's games in exchange for marketing mentions and Xbox obliteration is not going the right strategy going forward. To that point: I can't imagine they are unaware of how powerful of a bullet point the absolutely forever exclusive Resident Evil 7 VR component was.

They can turn this around! Sony TM Make. Believe.

WELCOME TO THE NEW AGE
WELCOME TO THE NEW AGE

Don't think Monster Hunter is 60fps even on the Pro.

Switch is the big competition since the only real reason to pick up a Sony console is for Japanese exclusives and Switch threatens to take that away given how fast it's going to overtake PS4 in Japan. Japan loves portables, and the Switch's weaker hardware doesn't really matter as much since JRPGs are always like a generation behind in graphics. This is why Monster Hunter not being on Switch is relevant even though it's also coming to PC.

On the other side, PCs erode the appeal of a PS4 when the more graphically intensive exclusives like Nioh which would never make it to the Switch get ported. It even benefits the PS4 to have games like RDR2 (if it turns out good) not on Switch or PC even if it's on Xbox, since Xbox is basically dead in the water. So PS4 is kind of sandwiched in the middle and needs its upcoming exclusives to be actually good to avoid a 360 fate of coasting. I agree that it's crucial for Sony to make sure some smaller Japanese games stick to its platform, but I think it's increasingly unlikely given how Switch is developing a monopoly on the portable market that the 3DS and Vita shared as the main destination for non-mobage anime games.

>have to

>Sony needs to buy Gust
Good luck with that. Gust delayed release of Nights of Azure 2 because they suddenly decided to port it to Switch.

>RDR2
Real DanganRonpa 2?

How do we kill portables?

And it couldn't even outsell the vita port.

Actually it was first delayed because they had three games coming, atelier firis, blue reflection and nights of azure 2. Firis was broken as fuck so they had to fix that and blue reflection was some sort of joint with Dengeki if I remember correctly so they had to ship that in time. Could remember that wrong though. Then the switch was out and it probably fitted the schedule so why not do a port, it's pretty easy these days it seems.

gematsu.com/2018/01/new-gundam-breaker-announced-ps4

Of course. Kids aren't interested in weeb games, weebs are.

>Kids aren't interested in weeb games, weebs are.
Ironic since weebs are man-children

My waifu will beat you up

Sorry, meant NA only

Kinda new user here. I've got PS4 Pro as a Christmas present. When do sales on PS store usually happen? Aside from Christmas and Thanksgiving, I mean. I hacked my PS3 slim almost as soon as I bought it, so I almost never bought anything in PS store before.

There are always sales on stuff. They have a section that shows off all discounts.

hello ps4g, im a pcfag who recently bought a ps4 slim and

>ratchet and clank
>infamous
>bloodborne
>horizon
>lbp3
>tekken 7
>crash trilogy

planning on getting
>uncharted 4
>last of us remastered
>maybe yakuza and persona

anything else i should get or be on the look out for? im excited for death stranding (basically the reason i took the plunge and bought the console)

If you like LBP then you might want to check out Dreams when it comes out.
Gravity Rush is worth a look but it might be too weeb for you based on the games you've listed so far.

Well, that's given, but do they have big seasonal sales, like steam (again, aside of Thanksgiving and Christmas)?

>Dreams
very keen for this, hopefully they advertise it well enough so it isnt DOA

>Gravity Rush
ive heard about this before, wasnt their some drama about the servers or some shit?

God FUCKING damnit cuckshida.

january sale is so good, i bought just as much if not more on that than i did for steam xmas sale

The online in Gravity Rush 2 is shutting down on July 18th. It's not a major part of the game, but if you're going to play it you should probably do so before then.

Is it worth it to buy remasters of Uncharted 1-3, Last of Us, Heavy Rain/Beyond 2 Souls if I already own them on PS3? Is there any improvement over originals?

gematsu.com/2018/01/monster-hunter-world-limited-edition-ps4-pro-bundle-launches-january-26-north-america-europe

I'm pretty sure TLoU jumped up to 60 fps at least, but I don't imagine it would be worth buying any of those again unless you were already planning on replaying them on the PS3.

Well yes they have those same seasonal sales aswell.

YNA told us she went PC and switch

YNA is also batshit insane