/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: FUCK THE CAPOS

= NEWS =
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

mspkvp.github.io/tk7movespretty/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

TheMainManSway will drown in pools.

Friendly reminder to play the cute robutt

I already do but I'm afraid I cheat on her with the cute tentacle ninja

Uhhhh why isn't there a cute girl in the op?

is kazumi's db1+2 a good move

Is there a fucking way to get fucking chest drop something specific? I the fucking bikini for my fucking waifu. Im at 130 fucking consecutive wins already and all i fucking got are some fucking cars for fucking akumas. Fuck.

It's amazing

>I the fucking bikini for my fucking waifu
the absolute state of waifufags

Bikini comes with bowling

>win a bunch of games
>ps4 gives me an error
>kicks me out of match
>i get demoted because of the penalty

nice

Nth for button binding is cheating.

This used to happen to me when I used ps4 as well. Therefore I'll just reply with the obvious.
>ps4

Play 2000 matches and you unlock everything. Not even joking, you can look it up.

it says unlockable with chest, so i dont think so

I do

I really love Nina, and I hope you give her a try. -ribbit

lili is fucking trash

how does anyone make it past greens with this shitstain character

Oh some have character exclusive bikini like katarina and lili. Those you need to unlock

Bryan players can go fuck a blender
Yoshi players can go fuck an even bigger blender

thanks

She's cute and the power of love conquers all. If you don't love your main don't expect to ever make it.

Imagine being this mad

how does one even START to learn to play WHOREANG
thank you for you time

>when you lab lars and realize you can interrupt silent entry 100% of the time if you block it
Lmao

>can't get past marauder
>blames the character
sigh

The low is visible too

I kinda stopped playing her cause I got annoyed with people crouching in my face desu
df2 doesn't launch crouching and she has no real hopkick and your next fastest option is b1+4 which is way too risky

She has an orbital you fucking idiot

She also has uf2,1 but I said FAST option, retard. Nobody is going to stay crouching long enough for you to throw out her slow-ass orbital
don't talk to me

then you do df1 until they stop crouching?

retarded post of the day

>df1 when I could launch
no I'll just play a better character

Why is Dragunov allowed to have the best of everything with zero downsides?

I hope the guy who collects the stuff that retards say is reading this

if you cant mix people up with a character that has an orbital you might as well drop the game, m8

Bryan is (almost) the same case. But a bit worse approach tools. DVJ as well (but with good approach tools). As does Leo. They all have a slight advantage over the rest of the cast but are still beatable enough.

Don't forget Feng

this doesnt work for certain items for eliza though

Feng has shit punishes and a shit hopkick

>Nobody is going to stay crouching long enough
I thought you said they crouch all the time.

Better punishes and better hopkick than Dragunov tho

Nah Dragunov has literally the best of everything, the blue rank poster just told me

I don't understand the complaints about Lars' lows. They're risky sure, but they track well and deal more damage than the average low.

Shhhh shut up, or people will notice Lars isn't as bad as Lars mains say

Real talk though for all the complaining he gets he's totally playable. He's just not as bullshit as he was in previous games so I guess that's where the complaints come from.

>tfw character used to be broken but now he's just high-mid tier so i think he's shit

Knee is not a Lars main

High tier is a bit generous but this character is easily mid tier. On paper he seems better than other low tier characters.

I play Gigas

Play Asuka

I don't like string-based characters.

>matchmaking says 4 bars
>go in game, it's 3 bars

>5 bar connection
>guy is a local based on his name
>lagging out the ass
Fucking wifiggers

Is Geese's string that ends with his blue fireball to the face all a natural combo? I hold back during but I can't block if I get hit by any of the 4 or 5 hits in the string. It starts with a mid too so I was getting trapped every time I tried to dickpunch punish some 1,1 spam.

>high-mid tier
back to the discord thank you

>set restrictions to 5 only
>at least half a second of input delay in game
>it's a Steve mashing strings
I should've just pulled desu

Name 10 characters worse than Lars

heihachi
kazuya
panda
kuma
chloe
katarina
gigass
nina
lee
lili

Steve, Gigas, Katarina, Lili, Kuma, Panda, Eliza, Lee, Miguel, Jackie Chan

>Play 2000 matches
Is there a match counter somewhere?

Yes, player profile.

You can leave your game on overnight if you set your controller to just mash X. Pick Katarina in treasure battle, set X to be O and she'll probably win more than 60% of the battles with no effort.

don't do this or people on tekgen will complain about having a high amount of hours played

Thanks for the tip

>don't do this or people on tekgen will complain
Who cares

autistic people will look at your profile and say

"heh look at this green rank with 500 hours what a faggot, I would be purple with this much time" while he's warrior with 300 hours

>autistic people
Again, who cares?

people here do

Yeah, I don't care either but tekgen is fairly autistic.

Then tough shit for them. I enjoy playing the game so I'm going to have high hours in it. I don't care about the people that run here and cry every time they lose a match.

She's not though.

1+4 can be stopped by vagina jab.
1,1 string has two launch punishable options

Most of her string are high risk, low reward, if you know how to deal with them.

What she's good at are keepout, mid-range counter hit fishing and pressure stopping by counter(for mid and high) and can-can(for low).

>people that run here and cry every time they lose a match.
Sucks that tekgen would be even more dead if it weren't for them.

isn't toothfairy one of the best whiff punishers in the game?

So? They can come here and cry all they want, what I am saying is that I don't care about their opinion regarding a videogame.

>tfw noctis trailer have 1,920,471 views

well its working, good job harada

It still boggles my mind how many people are still fans of final fantasy even after a string of bad to mediocre games.

Yeah, but I would say that toothefairy is probabaly 10% why Asuka is good.
Whiff punish require good movement first. When you have good movement making your opponent whiff, any launcher can do the job, like WGF.

>play since tekken 1 casually every so often
>played almost every tekken since 1 but never online only locally with friends
>get ps4
>tekken 7 neat
>it even has online
>go online
>get shitstomped by heihachi pulling off some crazy cutscene grappling moves combo disabling me from doing anything except feel violated and weak

I want to play Tekken 4&5 but i dont have a PS2 and my laptop is shit....i guess i will see if i can get them to work on PS3 after i jailbreak

I could respect a good law player like Rip, but I can't stand law players who always do braindead moves with insane damage and crushing properties and get away with it on 3 bar connections. Sorry to burst the bubble but law is the easiest character and one of the most powerful. It doesn't require thinking to cheese to vindicator with him and I play him myself because I play with everyone and he is way easier to get countless wins with than a character who needs time and thought like mishimas, Asuka, lee, nina etc. Law isn't the only one either so I can't just point the finger at him. I just get really pissed when all you have to do is db+4,ff+3,d+2,3, db+3, just to trash the weaker characters. Story-wise, law is an amazing character, but in gameplay, is a nightmare

The one where he rushes at you with a blue fireball in hand? That's one of his special moves and armor move. There are two versions, first is two hits and ends with a safe high. Second version is three hits and the last two hits are mids, this one is punishable. Both versions starts with a special mid and he can combo into it with his KOF style combos. If he does it in neutral you have to guess between ducking the high or stand blocking the mid

Friendly reminder that Gigas has an i13 mid knee CH launcher.

Why aren't you playing him?

get good

I don't play dishonest characters

why is lee chaolan so based? his fighting style is really nice, his costumes throughout the series have largely been great, and he has clout in the mishima feuds but isn't as retarded as his relatives.

definitely a fan favorite, but i have yet to run into an overlord lee. or a lee of any rank.

>First time playing online
>Gets beat

Wow Heihachi is OP nerfs plz

Who's your favorite Asuka player?

People are not fond of just frames. Not to mention Lee was very underwhelming on release and just recently got some buffs that made playing him not a fucking chore.

Then Gigas should be perfect for you!

db4, +5 on hit, launch punishable on block, launches on ch, high crushes. Decent low. 21 frames which is pretty slow for a move like this considering you have faster ch launch lows like Jin's for example. Probably his best low.

db1, pretty pisspoor damage but can be followed up with 3 for 17 damage which is ok but launch punishable if you go for the 2nd hit so it's usually not worth the risk and so you're left with a 9 dmg minus on hit low that's basically a d4.

d3 is a meme and d3,1 is a bigger meme.

Ff3+4 is +0 on hit (lol), launch punishable, and does nothing on ch. For a 19 frame low this is pretty fucking bad. Nina has basically the same thing but hers at least launches on ch.

Ff4,3 again +0 on hit, launch punishable on block. Nothing on ch. This one is i16 but comes out of a ff motion so is never really that fast. This would be an ok move if it wall splated but it doesn't and so in the end you're risking a launch for 30 damage and no frame advantage. Unlike hellsweeps which give you a knockdown at the very least.

All in all his lows are bad because the risk-reward on them is bad. If he at least had frame advantage on ff3+4 and ff4,3 wallsplatted it wouldn't be so bad.

I don't play low iq characters

I said Gigas not Paul

Thank you so much Harada

Oh yeah I forgot d1+2. Launch punishable, doesn't track, slow as shit, he even yells loudly so you know he's doing it. Gives a knockdown which is cool but not worth the risk.

>nina, lili
>worse than lars
No way

You go to tekkenzaibatsu discord and start reading shit. If you are completely new to the character you learn his punishments, basic combos, his best pokes and go from there. You could also go to practice, check his whole movelist (use frame data movelist, not ingame movelist because everything is not there) with a tekkenbot and figure out which of these moves you could use in a real match. Then just hop on to matches and either kick ass or get kicked in the ass.

In the second day, start your day by going through his movelist again with a tekkenbot and find those moves you forgot to use yesterday. Think about them if you could put them to use. Repeat these two steps until you know all his moves and what they do. After that go to Tekkenzaibatsu discord again and start reading about Hwoarang tech, frame traps etc. Alternatively come here and rant how bad Hwoarang is because you couldn't crack the yellow ranks with him either and go back to playing Dragunov like the little bitch you are.

Does anyone have the link to the move list? Not the toolassissted one or the google doc one, there was a nicer looking one.

It had the characters on the left side of the screen.

mspkvp.github.io/tk7movespretty/

I think I might be addicted to Xiaoyu's "Ya!"s

alisa has ya's too

This is the one, thank you.

>farming off a vanguard paul as vindicator
>he actually starts beating me

welp time to win quit