/bfg/ - Battlefield General

Team Effort Edition

PART 1 OF TURNING TIDES IS HERE

>>>PATCH NOTESLINKSPLATOONSFAQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1QW9dbadfZA
google.com/amp/s/www.windowscentral.com/new-battlefield-game-confirmed-release-2018?amp
youtube.com/watch?v=pAhqu_yc8Qc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>When you go to bed and the thread dies

I didn't check it when I woke up because I thought surely It'd be alive when I checked it later. I was wrong.

first for epicness

youtube.com/watch?v=1QW9dbadfZA

>Omaha Beach, Normandy Landings operation
>playing as allies
>defeat
>Commander speech: "Our landings in the Cherbourg-Havre area have failed to gain a satisfactory foothold and I have withdrawn the troops. My decision to attack at this time and place was based upon the best information available. The troops, the air and the Navy did all that Bravery and devotion to duty could do. If any blame or fault attaches to the attempt it is mine alone."
>Mother: Though successful the allied landings at Normandy was fraught with operational disasters; landing craft were blown yards from their objectives, tanks bogged down in the tide as well as naval and aerial bombardments missing their targets wildly leaving German defenses unscathed, had further such critical errors been made or the allies forced to withdraw it would have been a major blow to the allies. With France still occupied and Germany able to divert its land forces to other fronts the war possible would have continued for a few months at least and the future of General Dwight D. Eisenhower as supreme allied commander would have been very uncertain indeed.

with that music it would just be too good to be true

Goddamnit live

Word straight from DICE is that we're gonna get Apocalypse details soon.

Turning Tides details were revealed in October, so Apocalypse might be coming in March

Wew laddy let's hope so

>march
>soon

>DICE: We're sorry that it took an entire year to get just two expansions out, so now we're promising to update the game every month!

>they just start releasing expansions piecemeal on a monthly basis and still don't fix annoying bugs

To their credit, at least it's not six months of waiting for a DLC pack that isn't even finished anymore

Why were they all standing in the same area?

If I had to guess it was on B on the last sector of Empire's Edge, they probably all huddled there to take the flag and anyone who came to displace them would get BTFO. Pretty good strategy honestly, I've done the same thing on that point but only with like 2 or 3 other players. We killed anything that moved past us and ended up winning.

That’s pretty risky though. Imagine if there was a spotting flare down for the enemies and a support with a limpet sees all of those red dots. All they have to do is toss the charge before they get turned into emmental and they get a nasty multikill. But thankfully that didn’t happen there

True, but I have to imagine that there were some others patrolling the area watching for enemy players, but you raise a fair point.

>and then the dynamite guy turns up

I plan on jumping on PS4 here in about an hour in case any bfg1 Bros wanna play

Burger/leaf hours a shit. I wish I could join you but I’m going to try to get a few hours of sleep

I may be on around 9-9:30 East Coast time if you're still on then.

>Imploding that the three Assaults there don't have 9 sticks of dynamite waiting at the doorway

why do planted explosives always feel so nice to gets kills with? Limpets and dynamite are awesome, and it seems in every game their version of C4 generates mountains of salt.

The satisfying BOOM
The dirt and mud kicked up, or the destruction of walls/houses
The capability of blowing armored machines to bits
And of course, the salt

Also PS4 [BFG1] mates, I'm getting on soon if anyone's interested

>yfw they take the gta approach in the future and release a new dlc but only dripfeed one map or weapon per week to artificially extend the update

oh thank christ we're not playing devil's anvil or brusilov offensive

Er...I was getting on to play those. If you don't want to join I understand, I just need one more piece for the Russian Award Knife.

are you videophile? cause i joined in on him and he's on conquest atm

Why is Oil of Empires still the only 3 map operation? I feel like they missed a chance to make Brusilov Offensive go Galicia, then Lupkow, then Brusilov Keep.

'DICE stopped giving a shit' is pretty much the reason. Their interest in taking care of this game is so minimal that it's glaring, the only reason they haven't dropped BF1 off the face of the earth is because of season pass contracts. It's disgusting, honestly. This game could have been so much better. Instead they ended up putting all their eggs in the Battlefront 2 basket and look where that ended up for them.

Not the guy you replied to, I'm videophile
I'll play some other time, gotta go out for some medicine

Reminder the new discord needs a permanent invite link

Nah, I'm Ganon.

>die to tap fired maschinenpistole from 50 meters away
not ok

Tap firing full auto or was he using semi-auto?

tap fire for sure, bullets came in roughly groups of 4

I second this

>Battlefield 2017+1 comes out
>It's WW2 era
>No Invasion of Normandy operation
>Game is a total disaster

Is there really going to be a new Battlefield this fall? I’m honestly not buying into it. It’ll probably be next year at the earliest.

>Run up to the armored train on Suez
>It's close to death
>Drop 3 sticks of dynamite
>Two guys jump out to stop me and I scream "ALLAH" in to the mic while setting off the boom
>Behemoth goes up in flames and the corpses of the two poor bastards go to the moon

Sometimes BF is alright

Probably not. There's no official trailer or announcements yet. There was the fake Bad Company 3 leak and then rumors about WW2 being next but nothing is set in stone

Sticking around for Brusilov Error?

Okay, I've been wondering something since the game released. Do people actually buy these things? Bear in mind that these are the basic crates that can contain any rarity (and it's most likely to be common/white rarity)

>spend $2 in Overwatch
>get two crates which contain several items each, high chance to get something uncommon

>spend $2 in TF2
>can get almost any unique cosmetic in the game (or a whole bunch of low-demand uniques)

>spend $2 in BF1
>get a box that is most likely to contain one crappy item

It's not even remotely a competitive price, but they must be priced at $2 for a reason. Is there some community of Saudi oil barons playing this game that I don't know about?

>fake Bad Company 3 leak

Probably not fake imo, here's what happened.

>Guy by the name of AlmightyDaq accurately leaks BF1 details before its release, and is retroactively proven legit once the game is announced a few months later
>goes quiet until early December, when he announces that the next game will be BC3, set "around" Vietnam and developed primarily by DICE LA
>a youtuber partnered with DICE, maybe in an effort to damage control after the leak, counters that the next game will not be BC3
>Daq revises his leak, announcing that the real next game will be a mainline Battlefield set in WW2 and developed primarily by DICE Sweden, and that BC3 is coming at a later date

Make of all of that what you will. No guarantee that it's accurate, but Daq has, or at least had, a legit inside source.

I wouldn’t doubt there being a bunch of oil barons playing. There’s an alarming amount of players from saudi arabia and it very well is a possibility

A frankly unpleasant experience on Galicia, I was hoping we could take one more battalion before moving to the next map.

yo video and ganon, did either of you get weird fucking lag?

>Get blown up next to a wall
>Somehow end up stuck in the wall

A got a little, but it didn't last for more than a few seconds

Slightly

What is with all these retards just laying down with lmgs? I swear support are the new hillcunts

>Some dude on his pony is taking potshots at me without even moving
>Put two slugs in him and move on with my day

Is the platoon tag not showing up for anyone else?

for some reason i would randomly start rubberbanding and my ping never shot past 80

it's this server

Maybe I’m causing it? I’m on a vpn and mine goes up to 250

Pretty sure EA confirmed a new Battlefield 2018

>I was right

google.com/amp/s/www.windowscentral.com/new-battlefield-game-confirmed-release-2018?amp

There will be a game later this year

Why. Why make another one to distract from BF1 already.

Excellent job there guys, I knew we could do it.

>go to oil of empires
>on the bongistan side
>first 2 maps are an absolute stomp, superb attack came up on every sector except one
>waste all fucking 3 battalions on the 1st sector of sinai
At any given point there were about 15 scouts having the mother of all fucking circlejerks on the rocks. On both teams. Kill me.

Because BF1 is shit compared to previous BF games and WW1 setting was a mistake. Guns are trash, gadgets are trash, and the gunplay itself is trash. While the game is well made as far as performance and visuals, the actual gameplay is lacking and BF1 doesn't have the same replay value as previous titles. The low player count compared to other Battlefields at this point in their life cycle proves it

To make money? If people will buy it, they'll make it. Why would they be more interested in extending the lifespan of their games than in generating profit?

Grenade spam sure is fun

I’m never attacking again. Sorry

> BF1 is shit compared to previous BF games and WW1 setting was a mistake.
> WW1 setting was a mistake.

No putting niggers EVERYWHERE was the mistake

I understand, I grimaced when I saw we were attacking at the start.
On the plus side, I went 7-0 against that dude with 100 Hellriegel Service Stars before he finally got me.
I'm gonna call it a night, good playing with everyone, I love squadding up with you guys.

>Game freezes for me after the Fort Vaux shitfest
Aww man
gg for everybody involved, I'm also going to leave

It did the same to me.
>Two Operations Battlepacks
>No knife piece
Fug

Same for me. I really wanted to see if I finally got the elusive 200 revives. Reviving is the only thing I’m good for

I miss BF3

Ah don't put yourself down. When I got killed by you the other day and saw the Service Stars you have on the General Liu I was stunned, I have so much trouble using that thing it's unreal, and there you are rocking it like a madman. I was impressed!

>Tahure actually becoming f2p for core players startting today just like nivelle earlier

Why the FUCK did i even buy this french dlc in the first place

I fucking hate how shit always becomes free after i buy it, back when i bought tf2 it went f2p not even 2 months later shit you not

Also i bet the chink hackers will ruin the experience, hope i'm wrong though

It’s so good though. You just have space your shoots a tiny tiny bit

You’ve got awful luck

Why did dice just straight up powercreep the other low capacity medic rifles? One more bullet and the quick reload with 1 round just makes it so much better.

I have no idea why they did that. But I really enjoy it. The one round left reload is super convenient

at this point the other medic and scout weapons might as well do it, since if I rack the bolt of a weapon with 1 bullet left I expect it to go flying. And in any case, if I've shot 3 rounds, wouldn't it still be faster to just use half of a stripper clip instead of loading manually?

Power creep encourages Premium sales.

>oops, the Sjogren is the best Assault primary
>oops, the Parabellum is the best Support primary
>oops, the mosin is a straight upgrade to the russian 1895
>OOPS

That’s a good idea, but honestly do you think dice would ever implement it?

>They all have Inconspicuous

And who wouldn't?

Not me.

And why is that?

I can’t stand that Sinai for that reason. I don’t care how much of stomp it was. I always leave right after suez.

One last bump

Sinai operations are always fucking trash, I have no idea how could DICE even design such a trash map and then just let it be when they already reworked other shit maps like Suez

>all of those rocks
>the elevation difference
It’s just a complete shitshow. How could they ever go in and fix that? I mean the could make the first sector foggy all the time to decrease the amount of snipers but that’s probably about it.

next battlefield is WW2 confirmed

now that EA "sponsors" like jackfrags are shilling for it.

classic EA marketing

>get youtubers to hype it up
>EA announces it
>woah oma gerwd they're doing what the fans wanted
>?
>profit

youtube.com/watch?v=pAhqu_yc8Qc

tfw

but then BF1 DLC is taken care by EA LA ?

The solution would actually be quite simple, just add shitfuckton of armor for the attackers and add some more cover around the capture points

>BF1944
>Americans are 100% black
>muh black units
>none of the Germans are white
>muh foreign volunteers
>both sides use the same vehicles
>muh captured vehicles muh balance
>female/gay/tranny soldiers
>muh inclusivity fuck you bigot

>outrage that the axis were more inclusive and diverse than the allies

Nah, if they want to go full retard virtue signalling all the allies will be nonwhite polyamorous attack helicopters while the evil racist nazis will be white males.

But it's multiplayer, so if you're on the German side it is a white supremacy simulator.

>operations
>Verdun Heights
>team fails to cap the first sector in all waves
>operation changes
>Galicia
just fucking give the win to the defenders right at the start, fuck this garbage game

bump

ree

I’ve only seen the attackers go all the way through in one battalion this whole event, and it was because our platoon was leading the team. It just really is an awful operation

>tfw I've lost on defense twice this campaign with the attackers having three Battalions once Vaux is finished
I never realized how empty and hopeless the game feels playing lone wolf again after reking with you Platoon. I just don't know how people can fuck that last sector on Verdun Heights up though, it's so easy to defend once you figure out what to do.

Devil's anvil is the Goat WW1 operation behind kaiserschlact

There's no reason to play any other operation or game mode.

>that one guy constantly ordering the team around like there's some sort of commander role people listen to
>That one guy that constantly reeees about someone using a weapon they deem OP because it perfectly counters their game play style
>That one guy that reeees if someone spawns in a vehicle he died in and wants it back

What else?

>The armchair historian that constantly points out flaws in game design but plays anyway
>The guy that REEEs at his team for not doing well
>Bomber cucks that REEE when they get rammed

seems to be either blitzkrieg from the 2nd sector and take the 3rd whilst the defenders are all retreating, dead or respawning otherwise its just impossible to start from 3rd sector to capture the 3rd sector.

i've seen numerous attempts at this by even good teams that still get BTFO